• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mad Max: Fury Road |OT| What a Lovely Day | RT: 98% | Metacritic: 89

Gandalf

Even a few months after watching this film... It still lingers in the memory. An absolute modern classic.

Getting that steelbook.

What still gets to me is that this is all from a guy that hadn't directed an action movie in 30 years. He's been making childrens movies all this time. Little childrens movies, not even the 7-12 Pixar demographic. I mean, they were good movies, but jesus, who the hell could have seen this coming?

In retrospect I can totally see how the guy who wrote this also wrote this.

lemmykoopa

I got burnt out on most recent action movies (ie most Marvel flicks) because real practical stunt work seemed to have died a silent death to get replaced by CGI and or hyperkinetic editing with very fast cuts. Then I saw Fury Road and I said WOW. What a legend George Miller is. Brought back a style of filming to Hollywood which nowadays was only still seen in Asian action flicks (heavy stunt work).

Abounder

Banned
I got burnt out on most recent action movies (ie most Marvel flicks) because real practical stunt work seemed to have died a silent death to get replaced by CGI and or hyperkinetic editing with very fast cuts. Then I saw Fury Road and I said WOW. What a legend George Miller is. Brought back a style of filming to Hollywood which nowadays was only still seen in Asian action flicks (heavy stunt work).

True that. Marvel movies are some of the most mediocre around when it comes to action. They are choreographed and shot terribly, you can tell George Miller and his team is on another league than the MCU. If Mad Max fails to get a sequel then hopefully he makes a DC superhero movie that raises the bar for the genre

Fury Road brought me back to the theaters again and again

Yo, I shit you not, I've never been more confused than when I got back from Fury Road all hyped up, looked up his work, and fucking saw Babe and Happy Feet on there

lmao

R-User!

Yo, I shit you not, I've never been more confused than when I got back from Fury Road all hyped up, looked up his work, and fucking saw Babe and Happy Feet on there

I can imagine a blank stare with a few occasional blinks of your eyes wondering: "The hell!?"

Do I have much hope of a picking up a steelbook in store on Tuesday? Missed my chance to preorder from Best Buy, but I don't think I can make it till around noon or so.

Parch

Just saw it. Damn fine movie. That's an insane world, and they made the psychos and post apocalyptic atmosphere into some fine cinematography. The story isn't going to blow anybody away, but how can an action movie fan not like this? Very entertaining stuff.

Parch

This is nuts, nuts I tell you. There's more quality action scenes in that 4 minutes than in the entirety of other action movies.
With CGI so important in action movies now, it's refreshing to see some good old stunt work end up being so incredibly impressive.
It should be the combo of stunts + CGI that results in the best work.

Voror

So do we have any confirmation there might be a special version released later on or would I be safe just picking up the release coming out Tuesday?

Simo

So do we have any confirmation there might be a special version released later on or would I be safe just picking up the release coming out Tuesday?

Nothing has been said or announced for a special edition so go ahead and get Tuesday's release. It might be a while before another version comes along.

Voror

Nothing has been said or announced for a special edition so go ahead and get Tuesday's release. It might be a while before another version comes along.

Neat, I don't buy many movies nowadays but will definitely make an exception for this.

Toxi

Banned
These fanart crossovers are getting weirder.

mad_kantai__fury_ocean_by_drbeeeee-d9745ft.jpg

mad_kantai__furyocean_______coma_doof_wo_class_by_drbeeeee-d9748le.jpg
http://drbeeeee.deviantart.com/art/MAD-KANTAI-FURY-OCEAN-556146569

JDHarbs

I'm trying to decide between getting this at Target or Best Buy this week.

Target has the exclusive comic which is somehow over 60 pages long and Best Buy has the steelbook for a few dollars cheaper.

I haven't been keeping on top of news so does anyone know what the comic is about? Is it just a retelling of the film or something new? If it isn't much then I'll go with the steelbook.

Toxi

Banned
I notice so many little things on rewatch, like how the guy who fell off the cliff chasing Max at the beginning yells "WITNESS!" before he hits the ground. I thought he was just yelling incoherently at first.

Simo

I'm trying to decide between getting this at Target or Best Buy this week.

Target has the exclusive comic which is somehow over 60 pages long and Best Buy has the steelbook for a few dollars cheaper.

I haven't been keeping on top of news so does anyone know what the comic is about? Is it just a retelling of the film or something new? If it isn't much then I'll go with the steelbook.

The Target comic is just 2 out of 4 comic books that Vertigo put out that Miller created as back stories for Nux, Max and Immortan Joe. Considering you only get 1 out of 2 Max issues I'd wager to go with the steelbook instead.

JDHarbs

The Target comic is just 2 out of 4 comic books that Vertigo put out that Miller created as back stories for Nux, Max and Immortan Joe. Considering you only get 1 out of 2 Max issues I'd wager to go with the steelbook instead.
Thanks. I think I'll go with the steelbook then. It's cheaper, I prefer the alternate cover, and I don't need the comic that bad.

Simo

Thanks. I think I'll go with the steelbook then. It's cheaper, I prefer the alternate cover, and I don't need the comic that bad.

If you want a little more Fury Road then the comics are worth it. They're the backstories Miller created and gave to the cast so they had all the information and history they needed. Also explains some things like who the little girl is that Max always sees.

A collected volume of all the issues with a extra story comes out in a week too.

Sephzilla

While I know it would have been cheesy I still kind of wish Max
would have gotten his car back during the finale and did one cool thing with it or something

Top Bottom