• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mad Max: Fury Road |OT| What a Lovely Day | RT: 98% | Metacritic: 89

Simo

This is totally insane and I'm not trying to diminish it, but there's a behind the scenes for the original movies that goes into the stunt work. IT. IS NUTS.

Found it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZ3NrpGGfQU

Check 2:20 to see how far safety has come.

The funny thing about that video is stunt man Guy Norris who was the biker who did the flip over flip and broke his legs in Road Warrior and then goes on to be the stunt supervisor for Fury Road. He also did the first major stunt for the film, Interceptor roll over, and last, speaker truck crashing into the War Rig, and has now retired.

The funny thing about that video is stunt man Guy Norris who was the biker who did the flip over flip and broke his legs in Road Warrior and then goes on to be the stunt supervisor for Fury Road. He also did the first major stunt for the film, Interceptor roll over, and last, speaker truck crashing into the War Rig, and has now retired.

Yeah, dudes a legend. What a high note to go out on too!

Trey

This is totally insane and I'm not trying to diminish it, but there's a behind the scenes for the original movies that goes into the stunt work. IT. IS NUTS.

Found it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZ3NrpGGfQU

Check 2:20 to see how far safety has come.

lol, they basically told this man to fly a car 30 feet across other cars. then to just tip a rig in Fury Road.

And they don't get recognition from the industry for this??? shameful to be honest.

Toxi

Banned

Veelk

Banned
What still gets to me is that this is all from a guy that hadn't directed an action movie in 30 years. He's been making childrens movies all this time. Little childrens movies, not even the 7-12 Pixar demographic. I mean, they were good movies, but jesus, who the hell could have seen this coming?

What still gets to me is that this is all from a guy that hadn't directed an action movie in 30 years. He's been making childrens movies all this time. Little childrens movies, not even the 7-12 Pixar demographic. I mean, they were good movies, but jesus, who the hell could have seen this coming?

Miller's fingerprints are all over Babe 2. You could watch that and Fury Road back to back and totally understand how they both come from the same guy. It's just as weird, and dark. Even has chase scenes.

Not sure if this is from the blu-ray but here's 4 minutes of raw stunts and footage. No CGI.

holy shit.

Wow, that's some really awesome stuff. Much better than I expected.

Miller's fingerprints are all over Babe 2. You could watch that and Fury Road back to back and totally understand how they both come from the same guy. It's just as weird, and dark. Even has chase scenes.

Totally. They really feel like they're from the same director.

Not sure if this is from the blu-ray but here's 4 minutes of raw stunts and footage. No CGI.

holy shit.

Wow, fantastic.

I still can't get over this one, it's just so simple and clean and amazing. What an amazing stunt team they had.

VoRhk9O.gif

-griffy-

Banned

I haven't heard anything about that. There was talk in interviews with Miller when the movie was in theaters where he was just talking about stuff he'd like on a hypothetical blu-ray (like the black and white version), but it seems this is all that's being put out at the moment. I think I'm gonna just get the iTunes version for now and hope a more substantial release comes down the line.

I need to see both the dialogue free and black and white versions of the movie.

Those were one and the same.

Simo

Damn, steelbook is all sold out at Best Buy. I wonder if they'll get anymore or if I gotta find overpriced Ebay flippers?

Try your luck in store? That's my plan. Hit them up in the morning and then on the way home stop by GameStop and pick up the game. Mad Max Tuesday!

Simo

Are you buying the Steelbook and the 3D version?

Just the steelbook if I can, if not then the no worries and I'll grab the 2D regular version. I don't have a setup for 3D but honestly I don't think the 3D really added much anyway.

Really curious to hear that Atmos audio mix.

Film work is so few and far between I'm sure he just wanted to get behind the camera. Plus, if someone approached me about shooting a movie about a thinking/narrating pig, I'd probably say yes just for the sheet absurdity.

Film work is so few and far between I'm sure he just wanted to get behind the camera. Plus, if someone approached me about shooting a movie about a thinking/narrating pig, I'd probably say yes just for the sheet absurdity.

He wrote both Babe movies and directed the second one. He wrote and directed both Happy Feet movies too.

They were both his baby just as much as Mad Max is.

Top Bottom