• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mad Max: Fury Road |OT| What a Lovely Day | RT: 98% | Metacritic: 89

RPGCrazied

Wow, I got lucky with the steelbook. The only best buy in my area was out, online was out, but my sister lives in a bigger city than me and just went to her best buy, they had 1 copy left! So happy!

And yeah, fuck scalpers. Someone wants like $45 for it on eBay, when you can buy it for $20.

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
Spent 20min picking up my steelbook preorder from BB. Apparently, the preorder card I bought had it's own SKU# that was different from the actual steelbook's SKU. The issue had to be escalated twice before the manager's manager just did a workaround and gave me the steelbook for "free" without actually redeeming my preorder.

I hate buying anything at Best Buy.

the great thing about the home release is all the innocent folks who will now experience this and see what people were gushing about for months. i look forward to this film becoming an action classic

RPGCrazied

Questions for people that have the steelbook. Is there disc art? Or just a blank color? One thing I really hate about today and movie releases, hardly anything anymore has disc art.

E the Shaggy

Questions for people that have the steelbook. Is there disc art? Or just a blank color? One thing I really hate about today and movie releases, hardly anything anymore has disc art.

Someone posted the front of it toward the middle of the page, but the back of it is just a big photo of Max's head. Still really cool looking though.

I hadn't realized the steelbook was going to be such a rare item. Is there a chance for a reprint? I went to my Best Buy at 10:15 or so and there were plenty; far more than six, anyway. I would have got some for my GAFers. :(

And I hadn't noticed it so much in the theaters, but on the smaller screen, this movie is really, really BLUE and ORANGE.

I hadn't realized the steelbook was going to be such a rare item. Is there a chance for a reprint? I went to my Best Buy at 10:15 or so and there were plenty; far more than six, anyway. I would have got some for my GAFers. :(

Usually not. These limited disc releases by Best Buy are designed to get people in the store on launch date and nothing more.

mattp

And I hadn't noticed it so much in the theaters, but on the smaller screen, this movie is really, really BLUE and ORANGE.

...how did you not notice that? lol

Metal-Geo

Watching the movie again since its theatrical release - and yet again I'm noticing great little details.

Sorry if this is an oldie; but the 'cliff' door Max nearly jumped out of at the beginning appear to be the back doors of an ambulance.

MJlT3tk.jpg

Love how much car/motor culture they jammed into the environments.

Loxley

No luck at my local Best Buy with the steelbooks, they were all long gone. Guy was nice enough to check their inventory to see if there were any lying around somewhere, but they were completely out. Oh well, picked up the 3D/BD/DVD/Digital copy instead.

MGSV and Fury Road in one day, what a lovely day indeed.

Steelbook only for regular copies of movie-or 3d versions as well?

Just the regular edition, no steelbook for the 3D unfortunately.

Just learned the Nordic version of the BR does not release untill October. Gah, mediocre! I was planning to buy it this week and witness again on friday.

entremet

Fucking scalpers.

Everything gone except two anthologies and two DVD copies.

One dude straight up cut my boy off to get to the end cap ahead of him and grab three copies of the steelbook.

Ended leaving with an anthology copy myself.

Scalpers for a BR release? In this day and age?

Wut?!

xewind

Picked up MGSV first at 9am, left it home and went to Best buy that opens at 10am. Manage to pick up the last steelbook they had after going around the movies section trying to find one. I'm sorry for those who couldn't find it.

Enjoy the movie guys, can't wait to watch it again.

Got at Best Buy around 11 and picked up MGSV as well. There were only 2 steelbooks left when I got there. I'm not sure if supply was low or people were quickly grabbing them. Anyone kind of disappointed by the menu? It's just a picture of Furiosa and Max. I was expecting a bit more for a movie that came out in 2015. Not a big deal but the little things make an impression sometimes.

Went to BB just now to pick up Mad Max game, movie and MGSV.

Disappointed that there were no steelbook versions available but oh well. I havent seen this movie since the 1 time I saw it in the theater. Not sure what to do first when I get home.

Went to BB just now to pick up Mad Max game, movie and MGSV.

Disappointed that there were no steelbook versions available but oh well. I havent seen this movie since the 1 time I saw it in the theater. Not sure what to do first when I get home.

MGSV first. The intro will take you about 2 hours until you can actually do stuff on Mother Base.

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
Oh. Pass on physical release then.

If you're picky, streaming won't match current bluray quality for years if not a decade. You just can't transmit the amount of data over network.

if you're not picky, streaming is perfectly fine

Sorry if this has been mentioned, but does anyone know why the Blu Ray doesn't have the black and white/alternate sound mode?

I don't think it was ever confirmed for release, just that Miller had a version made like that and thought it was the best way to experience the movie. I think they'll eventually put out a release of it, but we'll have to (gladly) double-dip.

R-User!

Didn't opt for the Steelbook, but the 3D version has a nice Lenticular Sleeve which makes up for the lack of a 3D Steelbook imo!

Just like every other Mad Max movie

Except for the original movie,
Max was talkative in the first film before his wife and child were murdered (is this even spoiler worthy?)
. But Mad Max 2 and onwards he was almost completely mute. In Mad Max 2: The Road Warrior, Mel had about 16 lines of dialogue. In Thunderdome, he actually did speak a little more frequently. In Fury Road he may have had a little more dialogue than Mad Max 2, but he was mostly limited to just grunts and screaming after the opening title sequence.

The first time I saw this movie at the cinema, the sound actually cut out completely at this point in the movie and I missed all the dialogue that took place in this scene including the "MEDIOCRE!" line. The whole "shiny and chrome" and "Mediocre!" thing went over my head until I caught it in a second viewing.

The acting on Nicholas Hoult is quite impressive though when you stop and look at it. I love that he is almost tearing up in joy, like this is the greatest thing to ever happen to him.

Chris R

if you arent lined up before opening for a bestbuy steelbook, don't expect to get one.

I saw that my store had some "in stock" before lunch and thought I'd head over and pick one up, only to find them all gone when I got there.

Oh well, saves me the $20, I'll grab the movie at redbox sometime this winter when I want a warm and cozy movie night.

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
if you arent lined up before opening for a bestbuy steelbook, don't expect to get one.

As a footnote, I called 3 BBs until I found one which had an available copy of the steelbook. It's not impossible with a little gruntwork and a road trip you can get a copy.

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
Anyone watching their blu-ray tonight?

I promised a friend I'd wait until the weekend and watch it with her. But man......... I wanna watch it again so bad. Fury Road is my favorite movie of the year and only saw it once in the theater

mjc

I had an in store preorder card for the steelbook too, went in to pick it up after work. The dude behind the counter claims they only got two in from online preorders and that's it. Going by what I've read from lots of other people, I'm inclined to believe it's a mix of under stocking and/or putting them out on the shelves for randoms to pick up when they open.

Regardless, it's the last time I preorder anything from Best Buy. A joke.

I got screwed out of the Steelbook. Did the preorder card thing, paid in full but that didn't mean shit. They put them all out on the shelf and the manager tried to track one down for me, but apparently stock was snatched up everywhere.

Top Bottom