• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mad Max: Fury Road |OT| What a Lovely Day | RT: 98% | Metacritic: 89

Estocolmo

Im going to see Mad Max Fury Road this thursday but I haven't seen the older movies. I just have time to watch one movie so which one of the old trilogy should I watch?

Lol like above the trailers don't do a good job really saying what the movie is about or where in the mad max timeline this takes place. Seeing dudes inns desert wasteland chasing each other in vehicles with painted faces and shit looked like it was trying to be Borderlands the Movie. Funny enough Borderlands was trying to be Mad Max the game, in a way.

That's good though. It doesn't ruin the movie for you especially when what you see in the trailer is practically just the first fourth of the movie. Everything else is new and exciting. I loved that we didn't have 20 trailers leading up to the release.

And when you see it you piece together where it takes place in the universe.

Fury Road doesn't follow the typical weaving of a universe like the MCU or other blockbusters... These movies are just little bits of Mad Max that just happen to be epic and in an apocalyptic wasteland. It's a story about Max but what's incredible about it is that in he's not the only prominent character.

Anyway the movie is amazing and if you can enjoy a couple beers while watching, it adds to the thrill. I plan on seeing it again and again in theatre which is something I haven't really done since the Lord of the Rings or the Dark Knight.

Im going to see Mad Max Fury Road this thursday but I haven't seen the older movies. I just have time to watch one movie so which one of the old trilogy should I watch?

Mad Max II: The Road Warrior easily. The first one wasn't in a desert and Thunderdome isn't as awesome.

-Plasma Reus-

Service guarantees member status
ddCTZDp.jpg

bonus:

As much as I love the first movie even I'll admit that The Road Warrior is the must watch movie of the original trilogy.

BobLoblaw

Banned

Road Warrior.

Mad Max II: The Road Warrior easily. The first one wasn't in a desert and Thunderdome isn't as awesome.

As much as I love the first movie even I'll admit that The Road Warrior is the must watch movie of the original trilogy.
They speak the truth. Road Warrior easily.

FACE

Banned
This is the first movie I'm hyped for since Django, coincidentally that was the last movie I watched on theaters.

I'm praying to jeebus I get in; some organizations and contest winners get priority, but it's a huge ass theater, so I'm crossing all my fingers.

I'll probably drop a spoiler free review in afterward.

You'll get in. Theaters will just shitcan a screening in another theater to fill it with overflow pass holders more often than not.

You'll get in. Theaters will just shitcan a screening in another theater to fill it with overflow pass holders more often than not.

Trust in Bobby!

The stories I have from advance screening lines would make a hilarious collection of essays. You get so many different kinds of people

lmao my 'early screening' is barely early. wednesday at 7 PM

still bless up for me seeing this as soon as possible. i've needed this movie for years. cookie cutter blockbusters every year diluting the meaning behind 'spectacle'

Corpsepyre

Banned
Down to 97 %. Had to happen.

May 11, 2015
Noisy, explosive and visually spectacular but depressingly hollow.
Full Review | Original Score: 2/5

Lol. Expect more similar reviews, especially by people who don't enjoy action movies whatsoever, but think it best to review them anyway.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth

May 11, 2015

Lol. Expect more similar reviews, especially by people who don't enjoy action movies whatsoever, but think it best to review them anyway.

Why are you posting an Age of Ultron review here? ;-)

Wait, he said visually spectacular.

Carbonox

May 11, 2015

Phenomenally well-written review too http://www.mirror.co.uk/lifestyle/going-out/film/mad-max-fury-road-review-5680838.

Classic UK tabloid. They're quite the extreme when it comes to game and film reviews, going completely against the grain.

May 11, 2015

So who actually wrote it, and what's the link back to the full review?

edit: thanks Carbonox.

Dude doesn't really review the movie so much as he reviews his disappointment at Tom Hardy's not being in it as much as he wanted.

Corpsepyre

Banned
Just read that review, and HOLY SHIT, what a terribly-worded review. This guy calls himself a reviewer?! I was writing better reviews when I was 19.

Top Bottom