• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mad Max: Fury Road |OT| What a Lovely Day | RT: 98% | Metacritic: 89

Nerdkiller

Membeur
IT'S ME, NERDKILLER!
502%2520-%2520beer%2520gif%2520stone_cold_steve_austin%2520stunner%2520the_rock%2520wwe.gif

Okay, that really was a terrible review but let's not get too obsessed with review scores.
Don't worry. We're easing the pain with wrestling gifs.

Cheebo

Banned
I've read too many reviews. Way too hyped. For this week I am more hyped for the return of Max Rockatansky than Star Wars.

haha, it'd be crazy if there wasn't one dissenting review.

I expect more, the total reviews are still pretty small, but it sounds like something on T2's level (or above it).

Down to 97 %. Had to happen.

May 11, 2015
Noisy, explosive and visually spectacular but depressingly hollow.
Full Review | Original Score: 2/5

Lol. Expect more similar reviews, especially by people who don't enjoy action movies whatsoever, but think it best to review them anyway.

Sooner or later, this is expected. The film is still at critical acclaim status, so I don't mind actually.

Simo

iTunes Europa putting up that soundtrack early! Time to chrome up and ascend to Valhalla again through audio! Here we go...

I was reading the reviews and this quote gave me the shivers
About 90 minutes in ... my dazzlement sank into something like horror: What if the wasteland rage of Fury Road is the only feeling studio movies of the future bother to stir in us?
I mean, damn. That's stratospheric praise.

I was reading the reviews and this quote gave me the shivers

I mean, damn. That's stratospheric praise.

That quote really doesn't read like praise at all, especially in the context of that paragraph, lol.

Still, for all the ways the movie feels singular and impossible, like something the studio suits couldn't possibly have signed off on, Fury Road also feels entirely of its era. I admire its craft and cruel wit, and its willingness to trust us to work out the particulars of its world, but it lulled me into that familiar state of summertime action fatigue, of being worn down by the violence rather than geared up, of waiting the mayhem out rather than tracking it. It's an end-of-the-world thriller that can bum you out by suggesting the death of our own film culture. About 90 minutes in, as spiked-over jalopies caromed again and again into Theron's big rig, my dazzlement sank into something like horror: What if the wasteland rage of Fury Road is the only feeling studio movies of the future bother to stir in us? We're strapped to the hood, and who knows what's being siphoned from us.

Opiate

Nerdkiller

Membeur

Darkgran

Wow.

What the hell did I just watch?

Best movie I have seen this year: Check.

Best action movie of the last 5-10 years: Check.

Most fun I have had in a theater in a LONG time: Check.

Absolutely insane and entertaining. I feel like I need to rest now.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
i absolutely love the teaser trailer. the editing is so on-point, that trailer completely sold me on the movie.

i absolutely love the teaser trailer. the editing is so on-point, that trailer completely sold me on the movie.

Been looking for the track that played in the first half of the teaser trailer (comic con release last year)

Whoever did the marketing for this film is incredible, WB should be using them regularly

I'm living on a budget, that's like 40 bucks worth of movies right there.

I am guessing it is $40 because of taking a girlfriend? If so, split the tab.
Or is it $40 because of concessions? If so, skip out on the soda or something at each show to save some money.

Ok, so I just got back. Still got a bit of the screening hype, but it's mostly gone now, so this is pretty mellow compared to right after. I mainly have two questions.

What the hell was that, and how was this movie made?

I've never seen a movie like this. Ever. It's absolute carnage from jump street. The action is absolutely chaotic, but you see everything, if that makes sense. The trailers show some stuff, but Jesus Christ, I was not prepared for the crazy shit this had for me whatsoever. I'm blown away.

To avoid overhyping it, basically here's the gist; you should see this movie. It's fucking crazy. And see it in a theater. 3D isn't needed, but it's nice and subtle.

I'd love a sequel, but I have no idea how they could even make one. I was not prepared.

3N16MA

Banned
Tickets still not available on Cineplex but I can get Pitch Perfect 2 tickets two weeks in advance.

I'm sure there will plenty available but interested to see if this will play in UltraAVX or if AoU will still grab those screens.

Ok, so I just got back. Still got a bit of the screening hype, but it's mostly gone now, so this is pretty mellow compared to right after. I mainly have two questions.

What the hell was that, and how was this movie made?

I've never seen a movie like this. Ever. It's absolute carnage from jump street. The action is absolutely chaotic, but you see everything, if that makes sense. The trailers show some stuff, but Jesus Christ, I was not prepared for the crazy shit this had for me whatsoever. I'm blown away.

To avoid overhyping it, basically here's the gist; you should see this movie. It's fucking crazy. And see it in a theater. 3D isn't needed, but it's nice and subtle.

I'd love a sequel, but I have no idea how they could even make one. I was not prepared.

You were at the screening in Center City? I was there as well, won tickets from the local radio station. Absolutely bonkers movie, had some of the best action set pieces I can remember and all with incredible back drops. Pretty much already a classic movie for me. I feel like there are so many cool things they could do for a sequel, including
exploring some of the other clans/cities that were briefly mentioned or only partially shown. Id also like more exploration of the wasteland that used to be the "green land". That was one of my favorite parts of the movie"

Top Bottom