• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mad Max: Fury Road |OT| What a Lovely Day | RT: 98% | Metacritic: 89

You were at the screening in Center City? I was there as well, won tickets from the local radio station. Absolutely bonkers movie, had some of the best action set pieces I can remember and all with incredible back drops. Pretty much already a classic movie for me.

Yeah, I went to the one at the Prince. I still can't process the damn movie and how it got made the way it did. So much care in every shot.

Almost done listening to the score. The track that Zimmer previewed, Brothers in Arms, is still the stand out. Chapter Doof was pretty damn awesome though.

It will take a few more listens to let it all grow on me.

Gloam

I'm not the biggest car chase guy and this movie is one long car chase but it's great from start-to-finish. Really thrilling, hope it does well; you can tell this film is a labour of love.

Please post the RT and Metacritic score in the thread title so more people will see the movie.

Otherwise I'll create a new review thread for it.

Everyone needs to see this film.

Blizzard

Banned
Does Verdi's Requiem get used at all in the movie, or is this another tragic case like Man of Steel where the trailer music is trailer-only?

Snaku

Banned
Ok, so I just got back. Still got a bit of the screening hype, but it's mostly gone now, so this is pretty mellow compared to right after. I mainly have two questions.

What the hell was that, and how was this movie made?

I've never seen a movie like this. Ever. It's absolute carnage from jump street. The action is absolutely chaotic, but you see everything, if that makes sense. The trailers show some stuff, but Jesus Christ, I was not prepared for the crazy shit this had for me whatsoever. I'm blown away.

To avoid overhyping it, basically here's the gist; you should see this movie. It's fucking crazy. And see it in a theater. 3D isn't needed, but it's nice and subtle.

I'd love a sequel, but I have no idea how they could even make one. I was not prepared.

Told ya. There's gonna be a lot more reactions like this this weekend, and I can't wait to read every one.

Wrynnax

Allright guys,this thread just made me order tickets for the premiere here in Belgium! You better not dissapoint me,never seen a mad max film in my thirty years..I know..

40 mil. Supposed to come in third behind pitch perfect 2 and ultron coming in first.

3525300c_cam.gif

Corpsepyre

Banned
Chris Stuckmann's review, holy shit.

It's weird he didn't mention the two Raid movies in there as the greatest of the decade, but shit, hyped!!

Alucard

Banned
Wait, they changed the name of the first movie from The Road Warrior to Mad Max for the DVD/Blu-ray releases of the original? Not a big deal at all, but just something I noticed. Not invested one way or another.

ogbg

Wait, they changed the name of the first movie from The Road Warrior to Mad Max for the DVD/Blu-ray releases of the original? Not a big deal at all, but just something I noticed. Not invested one way or another.

The Road Warrior is Mad Max 2

Fury451

Banned
*skips to the middle*

"this might be it guys GUYS THIS MIGHT JUST BE THE GREATEST ACTION MOVIE OF THE DECADE GUYZ *waves arms around*"

*dislikes video, closes tab*

It's one video, in which he is happy about the movie delivering on hype. His other videos are good and devoid of that behavior.

andycapps

Well I was 8 by the time the 90s hit. Really wasn't into movies until age 12 or so I guess and was more into fantasy like Willow and Star Wars and final fantasy and stuff in that realm. Mad Max just never came up. Never had anyone go " oh hey man let's hang out and watch mad max!"

Lol like above the trailers don't do a good job really saying what the movie is about or where in the mad max timeline this takes place. Seeing dudes inns desert wasteland chasing each other in vehicles with painted faces and shit looked like it was trying to be Borderlands the Movie. Funny enough Borderlands was trying to be Mad Max the game, in a way.

Gotcha, I was similar and didn't watch these until I was an adult.

I think they're definitely taking a gamble with these, in that I agree with you, if you're not familiar with Mad Max, you'd have no idea what this is. Thankfully, there's a pretty big audience that has been following the troubled development of this movie for a decade. It's got a good worldwide audience as well.

Top Bottom