• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mad Max: Fury Road |OT| What a Lovely Day | RT: 98% | Metacritic: 89

And I should probably make it red instead of green

hLKe4jb.png

Maybe I can add blue flames so they don't blend into Mario...

EDIT:
VYBTd2M.png

"The Polecats is probably my most favorite sequence. George always imagined that we would have to use CGI for safety's sake, but it was my wish and dream that we could do that for real. A lot of effort went into training guys in Chinese pole work. Then a friend of mine who had worked for Cirque du Soleil took it a step further, heading up an eight-week training program. The real breakthrough was raising the pivot point of the pole, like with those old-fashioned desk sculptures where the duck puts his beak in the water."

http://www.rollingstone.com/movies/...behind-its-most-insane-stunts-20150518?page=2

1035x618-FRD-DS-00627.jpg

Ridley327

Hi Guys.

Saw Fury Road.

I have only ever seen Beyond Thunderdome.

Should I try for the first two?

Absolutely. You'll probably love the hell out of The Road Warrior, as it's the most directly comparable film to Fury Road, from the elegantly simple setup and story to the amazing chase sequences to the awesome villain.

I wish the marketing/PR department didn't run every shot through HDR/Clarify/Desaturate filter(s). I'm pretty partial to the look of the movie now.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
I LOVE THOSE.

Man, even the old X-Men DVDs had those. I miss those. We need more of those. You can't get that with digital, or at least I haven't seen any.
Ew, why? They're just annoying wastes of time. I abhor menus with animations, transitions, etc. Menus should be functional and speedy.

Toa TAK

Banned
Ew, why? They're just annoying wastes of time. I abhor menus with animations, transitions, etc. Menus should be functional and speedy.
Because I like my fancy ass DVDs/Blu-Rays.

If I didn't want any additional shit, I'd just go digital.

Finally got around to seeing it, my favorite action movie in a long ass time. Junkie XL nailed it, the style was fresh enough and it had the right amount of over-the-top-ness where I wouldn't consider it silly. The action and "impact" felt just right, especially for a movie that really didn't go crazy with gore. I'm surprised the movie was rated R frankly, but I wouldn't alter the movie in any other way as is.

The best way I could describe it, it had that feeling of an 80's movie but updated with current day tech. I want more of it. I really hope it has legs, it deserves it.

nasax

Couldn't tear my eyes off the screen the whole time. This movie was fucking fantastic. You just leave with such a rush of adrenaline, holy shit.

Just watched this again this afternoon. 3D this time.

While I don't particularly care for 3D movies, it was the nearest showtime I could get and have it fit it into my day today.

I'll be seeing it again this weekend. Absolutely love this movie.

also been updating and adding to my fanart. Work in progress, obviously:

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
So glad the hype wasn't misplaced, I LOVED this movie!

Not sure if I'd call it the best action film of 2015, Avengers was a disappointment but Kingsman was really good. It's def between Mad Max and Kingsman for me... I'll have to see both on blu ray again before I decide which is better.

I really hope Charlize gets an Oscar nom though, she was the highlight of Mad Max. Could you see it actually happening?

Something that stood out to me was a scene where an individual was thrown off a moving vehicle and when the camera cuts to the front of the pack, you see that individual falling in the distance. It's such an obvious inclusion but something that is often overlooked.

I doubt that would actually be overlooked since cutting on action is like Editing 101.

Something that stood out to me was a scene where an individual was thrown off a moving vehicle and when the camera cuts to the front of the pack, you see that individual falling in the distance. It's such an obvious inclusion but something that is often overlooked.

That's basic continuity

Just got back and somehow it totally lived up to the hype. I hope this sets a standard for action movies and female characters that really shakes up the industry. Fucking amazing.

Wanderer5

This was my first mad max movie, but that was a lot of fun to watch. So many beauty shots. I love that it used some fast forward distorted movement to go with the over the top insane-ness this movie was.

Also I couldn't help but crack up everything that guy with the BADASS guitar flamethrower appeared.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Just saw it. Only read positive (besides the MRA nonsense) things about it.

I did nod off in the beginning a bit due to food and beer overload. Overall though it was an emotional, audio, and visual high for 2 hours.

The world is filled with fantastic creativity and I loved the whole battles and how each car had a specific threat associated to it.

Thumbs up for me.

Slixshot

Banned
Just saw it. Only read positive (besides the MRA nonsense) things about it.

I did nod off in the beginning a bit due to food and beer overload. Overall though it was an emotional, audio, and visual high for 2 hours.

The world is filled with fantastic creativity and I loved the whole battles and how each car had a specific threat associated to it.

Thumbs up for me.

O_O That's a lot of beer/food!

hamchan

It's blowing my brain that a 70-year-old man brought this piece of madness to the big screen. Simply outstanding.

I like that such a nice seeming guy who made Babe and Happy Feet has this dark side in him that contains all the sick imagery and violence in Mad Max.

There were so many things in this movie that simply have not been seen before. By the ending credits I was dumbstruck, because this movie, in its entirety, is something no other director has ever attempted.

Such an utter assault on the senses. Miller clearly wanted to say, "fuck you" to present-day action films.

Top Bottom