• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Madcatz reveal Street Fighter V Arcade Sticks and Fight Pad

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
I'm making an effort to get into fighting games, so I just pre-ordered the TE-S+ as my first stick.

I have a Hori FC 4 (the one with the longer handle on the left) that I've been using with MKX and SFV beta. It's better than DS4 IMO, but I'm looking forward to learning a stick.

I had a $200 Amazon GC that I got for Xmas and hadn't used yet, so I decided why not take the plunge on a good stick rather than starting cheaper like the Alpha (which also wouldn't be good for MKX with the small L1/L2 buttons at the top).

Tendo

Anyone use a fighstick with xboxce on the beta? I'm tempted to grab the te2+ as a tax refund reward but I don't want to use it on PC if there is bad lag or if it doesn't input well.

I'm sorry if it has already been discussed too much, but has there been any word that the first TE sticks for PS3 will work on PS4?

k1t4j

I really want to play SFV with an arcade stick (blame crosscounter TV)

But I never owned 1 and I have no close friends that could advise me, my fear is that they are quite expensive and I am afraid of making a bad decision and regreting it....

Anyone here by any chance has any ideas regarding that Alpha stick? The price is more affordable for me and seems like a entry level product that can be good to learn the ropes (but what do I know?)

If you guys have any advice would be great. Thanks!

I'm sorry if it has already been discussed too much, but has there been any word that the first TE sticks for PS3 will work on PS4?

Nothing has been said. Best (for some) case scenario is that they will work but they aren't saying to get more sales of the new sticks. On the otherside, they may be keeping quiet to avoid a backlash. They didn't work on the past betas.

Never used a stick before in a fighting game but I want to actually get good and play SF5 for a couple years. Should I buy one of these? How hard is the learning curve to learn one?

Never used a stick before in a fighting game but I want to actually get good and play SF5 for a couple years. Should I buy one of these? How hard is the learning curve to learn one?

Depends how often you play but you can expect 1-2 months of adjusting. Learning curve is moderate to high but it really depends on your background with gaming (ie. do you game with mouse + keyboard). Also add +1 day for each time you get upset and switch back to pad after you lose the match because of execution errors. Get through that and you won't look back! It will help if you haven't played SF5 too much on the pad it's too your advantage since everything will be sorta new so you won't have muscle memory/habits.

Depends how often you play but you can expect 1-2 months of adjusting. Learning curve is moderate to high but it really depends on your background with gaming (ie. do you game with mouse + keyboard). Also add +1 day for each time you get upset and switch back to pad after you lose the match because of execution errors. Get through that and you won't look back! It will help if you haven't played SF5 too much on the pad it's too your advantage since everything will be sorta new so you won't have muscle memory/habits.
Thanks for the tips. I've used a pad for the majority of my gaming time. Do you know any websites that help you understand how to use a stick?

It definitely takes time, just be prepared to never be able to function on a pad again after you get good.

How good is your dexterity with your fingers?

it's awesome.

There are tons of videos online, just do some searching for more, but this one covers the basics well https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXP0kc9Sry8

Cool thanks I'm going to check this out today at work.

It definitely takes time, just be prepared to never be able to function on a pad again after you get good.

How good is your dexterity with your fingers?

it's awesome.

Been gaming for about 19 years but was never good at fighting games never used a stick like I mentioned because arcades were basically gone when I started gaming. I am pretty good at FPS's and I've beaten Guitar Hero 3 on hard with a 360 controller so I think I'm up for it since I've always wanted to be good at fighting games.

Copenap

Looking at that Alpha but the Hori Mini 4 seems to offer the same for half the cost. Anybody got an idea when that will be available in Europe?

Neoxon

Looking at that Alpha but the Hori Mini 4 seems to offer the same for half the cost. Anybody got an idea when that will be available in Europe?
If I recall, unlike Hori's Mini 4, you can actually mod the Mad Catz mini stick with quality Sanwa parts.

Copenap

If I recall, unlike Hori's Mini 4, you can actually mod the Mad Catz mini stick with quality Sanwa parts.
I see, but since I don't plan on doing so there is not much value in the higher price, right? But first I habe to find put when the Hori Mini 4 is even supposed to release in Europe.

@Wreck

I really want to play SFV with an arcade stick (blame crosscounter TV)

But I never owned 1 and I have no close friends that could advise me, my fear is that they are quite expensive and I am afraid of making a bad decision and regreting it....

Anyone here by any chance has any ideas regarding that Alpha stick? The price is more affordable for me and seems like a entry level product that can be good to learn the ropes (but what do I know?)

If you guys have any advice would be great. Thanks!

from the review i've read and heard its a decent starter

and if you want to get more serious you can mod it with QD and your choice of parts

if you don't wish to mod 'eventually' you could consider TE S+ or something from HORI

i had a SE for 4 months before i could get a TE and it was failing by then

Pompadour

Do we know if Amazon will ship the TES+ prior to the release date of the 16th. It'd be nice to have it by SFV's launch.

Phobic Panda

Neo Member
I'm looking to buy one of the 3 SF V fightsticks as my first fight stick, but unsure of which to get.

What exactly are the major differences between the TE2, TE2+, and TES+?

So far I'm leaning toward the Chun-Li one because she's my favorite SF character.

cackhyena

Am I nuts for thinking I might like to trade up...down for the smallest stick from my TE2? There's something super appealing about it being that small. I'm curious how it feels.

@Wreck

I'm looking to buy one of the 3 SF V fightsticks as my first fight stick, but unsure of which to get.

So far I'm leaning toward the Chun-Li one because she's my favorite SF character.

ChunLi/TE2: PS3/PS4 internal access easy to mod limited ps4 functionality
TE2+: PS3/PS4 internal access easy to mod + touch pad and ps4 functionality
TES+: PS3/PS4 easy to mod + touch pad and ps4 functionality

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
really glad to see so many people interested in diving into SF seriously

Am I nuts for thinking I might like to trade up...down for the smallest stick from my TE2? There's something super appealing about it being that small. I'm curious how it feels.

i opted for TES+ over TE2 for sure - i like a relatively smaller stick

i play with a stick on my lap, though, so Alpha is probably too small for me

TE2+ & TES+ are newer and have touchpads in them

TE2 & TE2+ are easiest to modify, and have larger frames

TES+ is a little trickier to modify, and has a slimmer frame

all 3 have full Sanwa parts which are best-in-class

Koeta

I'm a sucker for art, so I had to go TE2+ for latest tech (Touchpad + L3/R3) and the easy to mod art with plexiglass.

The TE2 also has less buttons that cover the art which is a bonus to me.

Raitaro

from the review i've read and heard its a decent starter

and if you want to get more serious you can mod it with QD and your choice of parts

if you don't wish to mod 'eventually' you could consider TE S+ or something from HORI

i had a SE for 4 months before i could get a TE and it was failing by then

Pray tell where one could find this review you speak of as I'm also anxious to learn a bit more about the Alpha stick before taking the plunge.

Edit: learn more about it than its modability I mean, such as if its heavy enough and feels decently built etc.

smurfx

get some go again
hey markman is best buy going to sell the pads? they aren't on there and i have a 10% off coupon i want to use.

Resilient

Are we really this close to release and still no word on PS3 sticks working with PS4? So slimy. Why can't anybody comment on this and just put it to bed so we can buy whatever stick we need? Out hand is already being forced, just put us out of our misery.

Linkhero1

Anyone try out the TES+ during any SFV event? How does it compare to the Round 1 TE stick?

Are we really this close to release and still no word on PS3 sticks working with PS4? So slimy. Why can't anybody comment on this and just put it to bed so we can buy whatever stick we need? Out hand is already being forced, just put us out of our misery.

I believe it's up to Capcom to code in support for older sticks. Doesn't seem like it will be happening because they want that accessory money.

They gotta sale sticks man.

Anyone try out the TES+ during any SFV event? How does it compare to the Round 1 TE stick?

I played TE2+ At NYCC and it felt awesome.

The TES+ Just by looking at it on streams reminds of the ryu and Ken 360 stick.

madcatz-super-sf4-te-2.jpg

Top Bottom