• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Madcatz reveal Street Fighter V Arcade Sticks and Fight Pad

Lasty95

If you're on PS4 you'll need to keep updating the firmware for it though. Sony keeps making updates to PS4 that make the adapter time out.

Yeah, heard about that.

Hoping it'll settle or at least not be too frequent.

Do we know if it's a deliberate act on their part or just a consequence of various updates?

paolo11

Questions to Markman:

A) Is the new Madcatz SF V fightpad easier to dp while crouching?

B) I preordered my fightpad on Amazon last week. Will I receive it before SFV launch?

Coda

Yeah, heard about that.

Hoping it'll settle or at least not be too frequent.

Do we know if it's a deliberate act on their part or just a consequence of various updates?

Yeah not sure if it's deliberate on their part or not, something tells me that it is. Either way Brooks has been really good at keeping the firmware updated so that's at least a good thing.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Hearing only good things about this one, would have been what I got if I didn't come across a good deal for a stick.

I have one and like it a lot. I'm considering picking up a Madcatz pad if I can find one for cheap and see which one does better on the durability test.

I was really disappointed by the Madcatz SF4 pads back in '09 or so. Two friends and I each bought one and all of them fell apart in a matter of months.

C-Sword

Another alternative, the new Fighting Commander, it doesn't have the rotating dpad and the left shoulder buttons can be changed to L3 and R3. That's currently what I use. I did pre-order the Mad Catz Fight Pro though.

hyGdrxN.jpg

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Yeah, the "Hori Fighting Commander 4" is actually an older model, but it has a couple more features IIRC.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Questions to Markman:

A) Is the new Madcatz SF V fightpad easier to dp while crouching?

B) I preordered my fightpad on Amazon last week. Will I receive it before SFV launch?

Yes, their is a squared gate on the FightPad D-Pad so you can actually feel diagonals/corners. I can show you tomorrow.

Amazon will get their product shortly after Mad Catz gets theirs. I'm not sure on their shipping logistics so I don't know how long it will take them to process orders/send it out to customers. I can't speak on their behalf. I just know if you preorder from Mad Catz, you'll have yours by launch.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Hearing only good things about this one, would have been what I got if I didn't come across a good deal for a stick.

My Fighting Commander 4's d-pad has been really mushy lately.

I don't know if I have a defective one or not, but the d-pad just doesn't feel as responsive as it should be. At first I thought I'd need to break it in a little, but it's still doing it. Like, even navigating around menus feels a little slow.

That more entry-level Alpha controller is really interesting. Seems a good way for people to try a fight stick without having to get the full scale one right away.

Might just get one myself actually.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
That more entry-level Alpha controller is really interesting. Seems a good way for people to try a fight stick without having to get the full scale one right away.

Might just get one myself actually.

It actually has an authentic scaled arcade button/stick layout. It's just the base/casing that is smaller than the norm.

I have two that I'm using right now with Sanwa parts (one of them is silent) and they're great!

This may be a silly question but i do not know the difference between TE2+ and TE S+.

I guess i am trying to find out if the TE S+ is the same size as original SF4 Stick because i do not want some small BS.

The original SF4 stick was great and served me well.

Anastasis

This may be a silly question but i do not know the difference between TE2+ and TE S+.

I guess i am trying to find out if the TE S+ is the same size as original SF4 Stick because i do not want some small BS.

The original SF4 stick was great and served me well.

I believe the case of the 2+ is more easily modable.

Well I went ahead and ordered both off of amazon. I'll see which one will ship on time, hopefully one does.

Quick question, what was the name of the mod that just became available that lets you use your Xbox 360 stick on PS3 and ps4?

BadWolf

My Fighting Commander 4's d-pad has been really mushy lately.

I don't know if I have a defective one or not, but the d-pad just doesn't feel as responsive as it should be. At first I thought I'd need to break it in a little, but it's still doing it. Like, even navigating around menus feels a little slow.

Damn, that's very unfortunate.

Linkhero1

This has probably been asked already, but I can't seem to find specific details. What's the difference between TES, TES+, TES2, and TES2+?

Yes, their is a squared gate on the FightPad D-Pad so you can actually feel diagonals/corners. I can show you tomorrow.

Amazon will get their product shortly after Mad Catz gets theirs. I'm not sure on their shipping logistics so I don't know how long it will take them to process orders/send it out to customers. I can't speak on their behalf. I just know if you preorder from Mad Catz, you'll have yours by launch.

even now? because the store has an addendum about any new preorders not shipping until March

This has probably been asked already, but I can't seem to find specific details. What's the difference between TES, TES+, TES2, and TES2+?

The 2's have added buttons (the touchpad and I believe L3 and R3?). And the + vs the regular comes down to the type of case. The +'s you can just press a button and open up the case for very easy parts switching. The regulars are a little bit more difficult.

Linkhero1

The 2's have added buttons (the touchpad and I believe L3 and R3?). And the + vs the regular comes down to the type of case. The +'s you can just press a button and open up the case for very easy parts switching. The regulars are a little bit more difficult.
Simple and concise. Thank you for clearing things up.

Preordered a fightpad from Amazon. Can't wait to try it out. In the meantime I'm stuck with the DS4 for the beta. Surprisingly I'm doing pretty decent. Can't really use EX moves but it's whatever.

CO_Andy

MarkMan, i like your honesty, but you strangely seem to be keeping mum about PC support for the Fight Pad.

I've noticed folks in this thread and on the MadCatz channel who asked this question are getting ignored.

vg260

MarkMan, i like your honesty, but you strangely seem to be keeping mum about PC support for the Fight Pad.

I've noticed folks in this thread and on the MadCatz channel who asked this question are getting ignored.

I don't think they can officially say it's supported by the PC. Their wording on previous products seem to suggest this.
The madcatz sfiv dpad gave my thumb blisters after 10 min playing. Will the new one do the same?

I don't think anyone can answer this question.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks

I'm not keeping mum about anything. I've tweeted this previously too.

ALL of our SFV products work with PC (d-input) as do all PS4 controllers, since we use the same IC solution that licensed PS4 products use.

However, Capcom's Street Fighter V on PC only supports x-input at this time -- it is being updated (from what I've been told), but at this moment, only x-input will work.

What does this mean? Capcom addressed it on their Steam FAQ: http://steamcommunity.com/app/310950/discussions/0/483368526574345402/

We are also working on firmware updates to our products to allow an x-input mode. However, I don't have a solid date on when that will be ready.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
Another alternative, the new Fighting Commander, it doesn't have the rotating dpad and the left shoulder buttons can be changed to L3 and R3. That's currently what I use. I did pre-order the Mad Catz Fight Pro though.

hyGdrxN.jpg

This is sexy. Import only for now, right? Gonna check Play Asia.

Neoxon

I'm not keeping mum about anything. I've tweeted this previously too.

ALL of our SFV products work with PC (d-input) as do all PS4 controllers, since we use the same IC solution that licensed PS4 products use.

However, Capcom's Street Fighter V on PC only supports x-input at this time -- it is being updated (from what I've been told), but at this moment, only x-input will work.

What does this mean? Capcom addressed it on their Steam FAQ: http://steamcommunity.com/app/310950/discussions/0/483368526574345402/

We are also working on firmware updates to our products to allow an x-input mode. However, I don't have a solid date on when that will be ready.
Music to my ears.

Ont

Still waiting for my Xbox One TE2 Fightstick to be compatible with PC. It's been few years since that was released and still no PC drivers.

SnakeEyez

This sucks, looks like my ps3 TE sticks aren't gonna be compatible which they should as they worked for USFIV on ps4. Not pleased.

C-Sword

This is sexy. Import only for now, right? Gonna check Play Asia.

Yes, import only for now. You might find the controller a bit small if you got big hands, but I got used to it after a few days. It is actually much better than the FC4, the dpad doesn't rotate on its own.

vg260

Are the stick and buttons on the TES+ the exact same spots on the face as they were on the original TE? Just wondering if they are shifted down due to the control panel.

Linkhero1

Still waiting for my Xbox One TE2 Fightstick to be compatible with PC. It's been few years since that was released and still no PC drivers.

It's not just plug and play? Never had issues with my original TE stick. I think they used the drivers for the Xbox 360 controller.

Top Bottom