• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Madcatz reveal Street Fighter V Arcade Sticks and Fight Pad

Baleoce

What's the consensus on the best D-Input to X-Input Wrapper Program so I can use my TE2+ with SFV on PC?

Is the input lag really that bad, and if so, which program offers the least amount of lag comparatively to the others?

Appreciate any help given guys!

I can't give comparisons or estimate input lag. All I know is, that I use my Qanba Q4 RAF on the SFV PC beta using xpadder, and I couldn't feel any extra lag compared to other fighting games that support the stick natively.

Dremark

Banned
So it's okay for the stick to be left out when not being used? It won't get wear that way?

It'll just get some dust if you leave it out, I just dust it off but you can cover it if you want. If you buy a stick bag you can just leave it in thier between play sessions too.

Also wear is going to happen. It's only like $20 to replace the stick and maybe $25 for all the buttons and it will probably take a while for them to wear out anyway. It's not really something to worry about, the stick itself should last a full gen without issue as long as you don't drop it constantly, and even then they are built to last.

What do I put my stick in when I travel to locals/tourneys that's comfortable?

What do I store my stick in when not in use while at home?

At home when it is not in use in would usually just put them back in the box. The madcatz sticks come with nice boxes and open up and have good foam inserts. These days I usually have one stick out of the box and store the rest in their boxes until I need another one or feel like using something else.

The Qanba defender bag is also a great bag that should fit mostly all the commercial sticks and is cheap but I haven't seen one in stock for a really long time.

Skilletor

So it's okay for the stick to be left out when not being used? It won't get wear that way?

Buy this.

Mostly because it looks awesome, not because you need it:

http://arcadeshock.com/products/ryu-fs-traveler-arcadeshock-x-street-fighter-v-fight-stick-bag

I own like 20 sticks and I leave them out. I dust them frequently, but they'll be fine. Only problem is one of my cats has taken to perching on a wood custom, so it's a bit scratched up.

The Qanba defender bag is also a great bag that should fit mostly all the commercial sticks and is cheap but I haven't seen one in stock for a really long time.

The defender is a great bag (and if I'm being serious, would recommend it above the Ryu bag just because it's far more affordable) and should fit ALL commercial sticks. A VLX even fits in it. :)

DrDogg

Gonna need some impressions on the alpha. I'm really worried its too small for my hands.

How does it compare to the standard PS3/360 SF4 stick in size?

Someone else already posted a picture, but it's basically just the stick and buttons with minimal room on either side. When I placed my hands on it at NEC I felt there was enough room, but I don't have big hands (I'd say average size).

Do people find the TE2 too big? I ask because I'm 5'5 and a weak woman.

I'm not a fan of the larger TE2 design. I have the TE-S+ ordered and currently own the Soul Calibur TES, which I think is near perfect in size. I've used the KI TE2 and the Chun-Li TE2 and I don't like how bulky they are. I believe I'm in the minority on that though.

Are there any Alpha impressions out there?

I've been trying to get my hands on an Alpha but have had no luck. Based on my limited time with it at NEC (not hooked up to any consoles), my size concerns were addressed and I think it's just large enough for people who don't have large hands. The stick felt a little loose, but without actually getting to play with it I can't say for sure. Either way I'd probably mod it with Sanwa parts.

The original TE lives on in form of the TE-S+! You can add the normal sides on if you'd like/have them.

I want to bring the VS back. We'll see what happens. :)

MarkMan I sent you a PM. Any response would be appreciated.

Anybody know how to contact help on the Madcatz EU store? I just noticed a typo on my order details and the help link on the site leads to a missing page.

Edit: Never mind, opted to Google it and the support page showed up.

I see Best Buy Canada got this new line of Mad Catz products. Is Best Buy in the States not getting any?

I'm thinking about picking up the Alpha. I'm 6'2 with lanky hands, but it honestly looks like the space between the stick and the buttons are the same on the other fight sticks so what's the complaints about the size? Too small/light so when your playing it slides around? It looks like a great starter stick for someone like myself that is hesitant to drop $200+ on something they aren't sure they will prefer yet (granted I don't have issues playing in arcades).

@Wreck

What do I put my stick in when I travel to locals/tourneys that's comfortable?

What do I store my stick in when not in use while at home?

i installed this 'the link' by Phreak Mods so i could take the gum ball off

and i use the 'EVO' bag i got or a backpack or a laptop bag, i once used a roller bag for the TE haha

i just store them in the box or just on the shelf

RedAssedApe

Banned
wasnt sure where to ask this...but is the only difference in the old fighting commander and new one the d-pad and the peg-leg?

the old model is on sale at gamestop right now for $30. is the rotating d-pad an issue? i see that it has a lock mechanism.

Captain Awesome

Neo Member
I see Best Buy Canada got this new line of Mad Catz products. Is Best Buy in the States not getting any?

I'm thinking about picking up the Alpha. I'm 6'2 with lanky hands, but it honestly looks like the space between the stick and the buttons are the same on the other fight sticks so what's the complaints about the size? Too small/light so when your playing it slides around? It looks like a great starter stick for someone like myself that is hesitant to drop $200+ on something they aren't sure they will prefer yet (granted I don't have issues playing in arcades).

I have large lanky hands as well. I can use the Hori FS Mini with no issues. I don't mash the control stick into my button hands The buttons on this Alpha are larger, and the whole thing looks more spaced out.

My guess would be that it slides around a lot - in one of the videos you can see it lift up a bit...that, and it might not be the greatest for your lap.

If you play PS4 at a desk, or are planning on using it with a PC (if it's compatible) then I don't see an issue?

myco666

I want to get the game for pc. What are my options for a game pad or fight stick for pc?

I have the same question...

Does the Fightpad work for PC? I know this has probably been asked a few times. Sorry for missing it if this has been answered.

None of the Madcatz SFV line stuff will be working on PC version of SFV since it requires x-input but MC pads and sticks use d-input. There is some workaround to get them work though and Capcom should be working on getting them to work on PC though but they probably won't be supported at launch. Xbox sticks and pads should work though.

Here is the post from MarkMan.
REGARDING PC COMPATIBILITY WITH MAD CATZ SFV Products
All PS4 controllers (the Mad Catz SFV range included) use the PlayStation 4 DS4 IC solution. They are all recognizable/working with PC but operate using d-input. SFV currently requires x-input (Xbox 360 controllers will work fine), however Capcom mentioned they will be incorporating an update to include d-input compatibility in the future.

There are workarounds to this and Capcom even posted about it on their FAQ via Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/app/310950/discussions/0/483368526574345402/

REGARDING SHIPPING IN NORTH AMERICA FOR MAD CATZ SFV PRODUCTS
In regards to shipping inquiries, I can only speak on behalf of Mad Catz. If you preordered on our webstores before the cut off date (Jan. 26), you should be able to receive your product by launch (depending on where you live). Our product in NA ships out of Southern California, so please consider the distance for shipping.

For Amazon/GameStop/New Egg customers, we will deliver their product prior to launch, however we don't hold accountability for how they ship/prioritize orders. Your best bet is to check with them.

REGARDING MODDING/USAGE FOR THE PRODUCTS
Below is a link to our product launch guides (will be updated over time) and other useful links:

Kinda off topic but does anyone know where I can get a Hori Rap4 for less the the 140-160$ price shown on Amazon right now?

Around the 120's would be perfect.

Where are you seeing it at Best Buy Canada?

EDIT:

Found it.

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product...spx?path=b21d5f2fd523d1d9652898cd72f019b4en02
http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product...spx?path=493704d0c5e2f6b896edf1752dbfe5f4en02
http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product...spx?path=164d557d46d1c8743ea162865a3bd60aen02
http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product...spx?path=d336d938d1a8e50af73c0e0b1272e80cen02

(Pads above for those curious)

JPS Kai

Kinda off topic but does anyone know where I can get a Hori Rap4 for less the the 140-160$ price shown on Amazon right now?

Around the 120's would be perfect.

If you're looking for a RAP4Kai, either SmokeMaxX or myself on the BST thread. I'll be parting ways with mine to get a TE2+

look lower on the page, there is a note that any new preorders won't get shipped until April. No one knows when exactly that went up or how far back it relates to...

man i got worried but on mine it says order placed after Jan 26 wont arrive until april. i placed my order jan 20th lol. hoping everything is good

Resilient

any Australian dudes importing these?
how you going about it?

stick situation looks dire down here in Oceania - RIP Australian scene

Anyone with the TE2 - is it good or shit? annoying bits on it? some dude said the plexiglass sits weird or there are weird caps? does it move around if put on a flat surface?

I have large lanky hands as well. I can use the Hori FS Mini with no issues. I don't mash the control stick into my button hands The buttons on this Alpha are larger, and the whole thing looks more spaced out.

My guess would be that it slides around a lot - in one of the videos you can see it lift up a bit...that, and it might not be the greatest for your lap.

If you play PS4 at a desk, or are planning on using it with a PC (if it's compatible) then I don't see an issue?

Yeah, I would be playing on my Ps4 and it would be resting on my lap, so I assume it might lift up quite a bit. I guess I'll play the wait and see game from other people's impressions.

I do think its pretty silly that the original te launched at $150 and they didn't even know if it would be a big hit. Nobody had sold arcade style controls to the mass market for a long time.

Now all these years later after mass marketing and refining the product we have $200-$230 for the same functionality as the $150 product from last gen and forced incompatibility with previous gen products.. It's really shitty and I'm surprised capcom and madcatz aren't getting called out on it.

I think markman is a pretty cool guy but this whole thing sucks and I think it's going to push a lot of players away from sf5.

You are potentially asking a player moving from ps3 fighters to SF5 to buy a new system, a new game, a PS+sub to play online, and a new $200 stick.

We went from ps2 supporting ps1 controllers natively, ps3 requiring a cheap adapter for ps2 controllers, to actively updating the system/game to make workarounds for ps3 controllers not work.

Skilletor

I do think its pretty silly that the original te launched at $150 and they didn't even know if it would be a big hit. Nobody had sold arcade style controls to the mass market for a long time.

Now all these years later after mass marketing and refining the product we have $200-$230 for the same functionality as the $150 product from last gen and forced incompatibility with previous gen products.. It's really shitty and I'm surprised capcom and madcatz aren't getting called out on it.

I think markman is a pretty cool guy but this whole thing sucks and I think it's going to push a lot of players away from sf5.

You are potentially asking a player moving from ps3 fighters to SF5 to buy a new system, a new game, a PS+sub to play online, and a new $200 stick.

We went from ps2 supporting ps1 controllers natively, ps3 requiring a cheap adapter for ps2 controllers, to actively updating the system/game to make workarounds for ps3 controllers not work.

Don't forget they need electricity to play the game. And an apartment to have electricity.

Buy a 150 dollar Hori or a brook adapter if you don't want to buy a new stick.

This is so much like SF4 launch it's hilarious.

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk

Just get it on PC, man. I don't have a PS4 either but it's silly to get a PS4 just for one game. You can get SF5 PC for ~$35

lupinko

Adapters already exist and so do new universal PCBs. No one is asking you to buy a new stick.

Darrenf

I've decided to get the Venom PS4 Arcade Stick over the Madcatz Alpha. I've never used a stick before so I'm excited to finally try one out. It has good reviews on Amazon & apparently it's easy to mod if I ever want to do that which is handy.

Don't forget they need electricity to play the game. And an apartment to have electricity.

Buy a 150 dollar Hori or a brook adapter if you don't want to buy a new stick.

This is so much like SF4 launch it's hilarious.

I knew plenty of players at sf4 launch playing with ps2 stick/pad adapters on ps3. Most tekken 6 players played with dual shock 2.

I know there are universal pcbs but aren't updates being pushed to actively break their functionality? I don't want to spend $90 on a pcb and worry it will be broken by an update that is trying to force me to buy an official stick.

I've got a fighting commander 4 that will do the job for now.

Knowing capcom ps3 stick support will be latched in post launch after they've sold enough new sticks.

its ridiculous how much theyre asking for these sticks, i plan on buying a used one

ACH1LL3US

SFV on PC doesn't support directinput.

So PS3 and PS4 sticks (like the new TES+ and TE2+ coming this month) will not work with SFV natively on PC. You can use a 3rd party program and introduce input lag if you like.

Will my usb sega saturn controller work natively with sfv on the pc????

Skilletor

I knew plenty of players at sf4 launch playing with ps2 stick/pad adapters on ps3. Most tekken 6 players played with dual shock 2.

I know there are universal pcbs but aren't updates being pushed to actively break their functionality? I don't want to spend $90 on a pcb and worry it will be broken by an update that is trying to force me to buy an official stick.

I've got a fighting commander 4 that will do the job for now.

Knowing capcom ps3 stick support will be latched in post launch after they've sold enough new sticks.

Guess I'm not as suspicious as you thinking sony is actively trying to make people buy a peripheral.

But whatever, you guys scream at the clouds. I'm done with history repeating itself. :p

Top Bottom