• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Madcatz reveal Street Fighter V Arcade Sticks and Fight Pad

Just go on the amazon.com page for the TE2+ and TES+.

Both pages show

Note on Availability:
Due to high customer demand, orders shipped from and sold by Amazon.com placed after January 26 are unlikely to be delivered until April 2016.

Grimsen

When did they first become available for preoder again?

I have mine preordered on Amazon.ca since December 6.

EDIT: Holy shit 164.99$ CAD is now 118.67$ US. So good.

Thanks for the link.

I watched the vid. Can't decide between the Hori FC4 or The Fight Pad Pro.

The dpad of the fight pad pro looks intriguing to me, like it won't hurt my thumb as much over time.

No problem. I'm pretty much in the same predicament as you, although in my case, I have the PS3 only version of the Hori FC3. I love the pad but the DPad wore out in only a few months of use and that's why I'm refraining from getting the FC4. The Dpad of the Madcatz pro looks a bit sketchy but I'm willing to take the risk and see how well it fares.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
They fixed those problems.

OG plexi is jank as fuck.

Yep. The Chun Li TE2 has he better plexi.

Just lacks the touchpad and l3/r3. And MarkMan said the + has a bit sturdier plastic and metal in the base. But the Chun Li is already sturdy as hell and pretty heavy IMO.

Only downside is it's bs that the Chun Li costs the same as the TE2+ lacking those things. But was worth it to me to not wait until April since none were important to me.

UberTag

I'm really torn on which of these to go with.
Pre-ordered both naturally given the price errors so I've got time to let GAF help me decide.

For those of you in the States who are curious as to what these prices are when converted, Amazon.ca has the TES+ listed at $123.74 US and the TE2+ listed at $153.70 US.
We're effectively saving $75 US off retail on each.
When did they first become available for preoder again?

I have mine preordered on Amazon.ca since December 6.

EDIT: Holy shit 164.99$ CAD is now 118.67$ US. So good.
Yep... we're saving another $5 off the price factoring in conversion from when we first placed those orders. Deal keeps on getting better. $80 US savings is better than $75 US.

Captain Awesome

Neo Member
Thanks for the link.

I watched the vid. Can't decide between the Hori FC4 or The Fight Pad Pro.

The dpad of the fight pad pro looks intriguing to me, like it won't hurt my thumb as much over time.

No problem. I'm pretty much in the same predicament as you, although in my case, I have the PS3 only version of the Hori FC3. I love the pad but the DPad wore out in only a few months of use and that's why I'm refraining from getting the FC4. The Dpad of the Madcatz pro looks a bit sketchy but I'm willing to take the risk and see how well it fares.

I had a hard time deciding too. I chose the new Hori Fighting Commander. It's basically the FC3 with PS4 / PC Xinput compatibility. Not too shabby! I'm still curious about the MadCatz ones though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIHD1BFpntg

Resilient

another day, Australia still am cry. after reading about the original TE2...no way we are getting that. welp looks like i'll be skipping launch till a stick option becomes available..still holding out on you MarkMan and hoping you've got some good news!!

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Was this a supply chain issue, poor planning, or something else?

I might have actually put forth an effort at learning stick again if I could've gotten my hands on one of these a couple months in advance of SF5. Now I've already got the FC4 and am pretty comfortable sticking with it.

Might pick up the Madcatz pad in the future to see how it compares.

amnesiac

Hmm. So I bought a Venom stick for $120 shipped to US and ordered a set of Sanwa parts for another $50. Being that everything adds up to $170 I'm thinking maybe I should just return it all and spend the extra $30 for a Madcatz TE S, which has all the good parts already assembled and most definitely has better build quality. However, I'm not sure I feel like waiting two months for the sticks to restock. Gamestop shows the TE2 as out of stock so maybe they know how much they're actually getting and the TE S will be in stock if I order now? Might keep the Venom though.

I saw on slickdeals that the SF5 TE2 stick is 20% off (-$46) with code EMCEGEK32 at Newegg. It also works on the XB1 edition along with a bunch of other accessories.

The code is supposed to last until tomorrow but I think Newegg also usually disqualifies the codes after a certain number of uses or when they run out of stock. I kinda doubt you will receive the item on release day though.

Resilient

I saw on slickdeals that the SF5 TE2 stick is 20% off (-$46) with code EMCEGEK32 at Newegg. It also works on the XB1 edition along with a bunch of other accessories.

The code is supposed to last until tomorrow but I think Newegg also usually disqualifies the codes after a certain number of uses or when they run out of stock. I kinda doubt you will receive the item on release day though.

damnit.........just tried to ship this to AU and it failed at the last leg

MadCatz...please save Australia..we have nothing down here. Situation is fucked. Why are we getting neglected hardcore? US has had pre-orders since Dec? just don't get it. the whole launch is just a bit of a mare altogether, between this and the PS3 sticks still unconfirmed. just getting kept in the dark.

Armaly

With Eggsaver shipping it should arrive in time. Launch day would be the 7th business day.

amnesiac

That is an excellent deal but unfortunately I am not a big fan of Chun Li and the color scheme of the stick haha.

I did find out that I am eligible for a free year of Newegg Premium which gives me $15 off my first purchase so I could get the TE S or TE2+ for a little cheaper... I'm going to call Newegg and Gamestop when they open to see if they have any idea if they know what's going on with stock (probably won't get any concrete info though).

Koeta

Man that newegg deal has tested my resolve on waiting to see if my Amazon order will ship within the next few weeks or not.

0zenUtT.gif

Tendo

My TE2 came in yesterday. I love the build and the feel but man do I have to relearn how to input combos. I can shoryuken more easily but some of the ultras I'm struggling with - double quarters and double half circles I can't do consistently. I'm sure its normal to have to "relearn" inputs though.

Plus it just feels more fun and is nostalgic. Great stick!

Armaly

That is an excellent deal but unfortunately I am not a big fan of Chun Li and the color scheme of the stick haha.

I did find out that I am eligible for a free year of Newegg Premium which gives me $15 off my first purchase so I could get the TE S or TE2+ for a little cheaper... I'm going to call Newegg and Gamestop when they open to see if they have any idea if they know what's going on with stock (probably won't get any concrete info though).

That's only working for the Chun stick for me. I do not like those colors at all :(

Fair enough.

i hope Art makes custom plexi for TES+... would love a black 6 button plexi

Wait, are the buttons on the te2 and te2+ at different places? Will old te2 templates not work? Been designing some artwork using the old te2 template...

Edit: Found this on the q&a section of the te2+.

6416aaa8c7.png

amnesiac

I just spoke to Newegg and they said they haven't heard anything about a shortage from Madcatz and are expecting to be able to fill all preorders. Doesn't give me enough confidence though because what else are they going to say? Ha.

Koeta

That's only working for the Chun stick for me. I do not like those colors at all :(

Yeah it's only for that one but I would also save quite a bit of money, Amazon charges Tax for my State so my TE2+ is going to end up costing around $250, I could get the Chun Li for $188 (with signature request $4). That's over $60 off.

I'm hoping the dpad works out too. Maybe the circular nature of the dpad will help in combos more? I don't know lol

I had a hard time deciding too. I chose the new Hori Fighting Commander. It's basically the FC3 with PS4 / PC Xinput compatibility. Not too shabby! I'm still curious about the MadCatz ones though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIHD1BFpntg

That is a good choice I'm sure, and I like the pricing of the Hori. For some reason I feel myself being more called to the Mad Catz one for some reason.

Which colour of Fight Pad Pro would you guys go with? I like the white and red the most I think.

not bad deal, now it only appears open box..so idk if i should pull the trigger.

DrDogg

Looks like the Alpha is shipping from Mad Catz. My friend got a confirmation email with tracking number. He didn't order any of the other sticks, so I don't know about the TE2+ or TE-S+. I pressed for more details (since it seems kind of early), so I'll update if I get them.

Do they take payment when the order ships or at checkout?

They don't charge until your pre-order is in stock. I assume that would be the same as saying you don't get charged until it ships. So basically if Newegg doesn't have them on 2/16 you can cancel and you won't be charged at all.

-Mikey-

They don't charge until your pre-order is in stock. I assume that would be the same as saying you don't get charged until it ships. So basically if Newegg doesn't have them on 2/16 you can cancel and you won't be charged at all.
I have an order placed for a TE 2+ at Amazon and I might place an order on Newegg. Would be great if they have enough for everyone at launch.

Seems a bit unlikely though.

mdsfx

I have an order placed for a TE 2+ at Amazon and I might place an order on Newegg. Would be great if they have enough for everyone at launch.

Seems a bit unlikely though.

Madcatz is a fairly small operation. This is not Razer and it is definitely not Sony. Every stick they release is always in high-demand simply because they make so few of them before moving on to the next color scheme/design.

Ebay listings for their used sticks all share one word: "RARE." Literally every Madcatz arcade stick ever is a limited edition lol

Managed to place an order for the TES Plus on PS4 for $185 from Amazon.ca back in December. Hopefully they honour it because that was clearly a pricing error on their part.

Managed to place an order for the TES Plus on PS4 for $185 from Amazon.ca back in December. Hopefully they honour it because that was clearly a pricing error on their part.

They haven't cancelled any of our preorders after 2 months or we would have heard about it. Would be very bad PR and a low ball move if they don't honour them this close to release date. I'd understand if they cancelled up to a week after they realized but not now.

-Mikey-

Madcatz is a fairly small operation. This is not Razer and it is definitely not Sony. Every stick they release is always in high-demand simply because they make so few of them before moving on to the next color scheme/design.

Ebay listings for their used sticks all share one word: "RARE." Literally every Madcatz arcade stick ever is a limited edition lol

Totally.

I can't hold my excitement for V after the latest beta. I'm very eager to get my hands on one of these newer sticks. Whenever it does arrive I'll be gifting my hrap 4 kai to a friend.

red720

The TE sticks are ridiculously priced in New Zealand $400 to $500!

http://shop.jbhifi.co.nz/support.aspx?post=1&results=10&q=fight+stick&source=all&bnSearch=Go!

Has anyone got suggestions for a PS4 controller that has a PCB that can be easily swapped out for my trusty old 360 SE stick? I upgraded that thing to Sanwa components for very little cost, and I cannot justify spending what they are asking for to get a PS4 stick.

The Alpha stick looks too small and I'm not sure there is space to upgrade the components so not really interested in that.

Top Bottom