• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Madden '25 PS4 Season 2 CCM Thread: Now with 75% less Madden talk!

McNei1y

Here's Smokey at the Rockets game tonight

mocw8ta.gif

while he's drinking out of a red cup with ice and eating starbursts

Ferny

I think last night was when CSGO finally clicked for me. I was doing much better than usual in terms of knowing where to go and where the enemy would be. I also learned how to use the AK better which ended up helping my M4.

Smokey

yes and be courteous for once and actually give a fucking time range.

if you randomly pop in tomorrow like you did this last week and just say "now" and expect him to magically be there at your most convenient time then you won't have the same luck like you did against mexico city.

You're not the boss of me.

I'll report to madden duty WHEN I CAN!

You're not the boss of me.

I'll report to madden duty WHEN I CAN!

I'm not your boss, you're right

But I'm your Madden boss for one more day

And if you show up tomorrow with "Now" and Oatmeal isn't here, guess who's going to play the CPU when he's available and if you aren't? Oatmeal

Now carry on with your day

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
DM I'll be around for the next hour or two if you want to go.

I'll PM too. Just hit me back if you are down.

SickBoy

Not thrilled with the two TDs late. I thought at 31-0 the score was plenty run up. Passing for a TD just outside two minutes and doing anything but victory formation after the two-minute warning (especially inside my 20) is pretty lame.

Colasante

Not thrilled with the two TDs late. I thought at 31-0 the score was plenty run up. Passing for a TD just outside two minutes and doing anything but victory formation after the two-minute warning (especially inside my 20) is pretty lame.

Sorry, I didn't think it'd upset you. I didn't mean to score on the running touchdown, but your defender fell down in front of AP and there was a clear path to the endzone. I've honestly never had that kind of lead in the Madden league before, so I wasn't sure how to handle it. When I get blown out I find it more annoying when the opponent starts running down the clock and I don't get to play anymore, especially in a situation in our game when the score was already 31-0 at halftime and it'd've been boring the rest of the game, but I'll do start doing that when I'm in that position from now on.

SickBoy

Hey, I appreciate the response. Guess we're from different schools of thought. When I'm playing that bad I just want the misery to be over :)

EDIT: (For the record I called those late timeouts cause I was POed and being a dick :))

Just to be clear, running up the score is when the other guy is clearly up with no point of return in the 4th and is just doing pass pass pass while no huddling and all that.

But there's nothing wrong if you're stacking the shit out of the box and he passes for a first down. Or if he gets a pick six, or like Cola said, has a free path to the endzone. And while it does suck to be down late and I understand you want it to be over with, understand it's not really fun for the other side too to think "gee I hope I don't upset him" and start running a vanilla predictable offense that you can easily stuff. And there have been people who have come back from 3-4 touchdowns in the 4th, before. So I don't blame anybody who wants to continue to play.

Passing for a TD just outside two minutes

Nothing wrong with that.

doing anything but victory formation after the two-minute warning (especially inside my 20) is pretty lame.

Yeah I agree he should have kneeled.

Sorry, I didn't think it'd upset you. I didn't mean to score on the running touchdown, but your defender fell down in front of AP and there was a clear path to the endzone. I've honestly never had that kind of lead in the Madden league before, so I wasn't sure how to handle it. When I get blown out I find it more annoying when the opponent starts running down the clock and I don't get to play anymore, especially in a situation in our game when the score was already 31-0 at halftime and it'd've been boring the rest of the game, but I'll do start doing that when I'm in that position from now on.

There's nothing wrong with what you did but like I said above I would kneel in the last 2 minutes if it's clearly done and you know he's not going to call timeouts (Although he did out of frustration)
But don't change what you're doing, keep playing. You might regret it if you start playing nice, as I've done before. Just don't be an obvious dick! But I don't think you have that in you anyways.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
sorry i wasn't more competitive DM
good game for you though everything was clicking for ya

SickBoy

But there's nothing wrong if you're stacking the shit out of the box and he passes for a first down. Or if he gets a pick six, or like Cola said, has a free path to the endzone. And while it does suck to be down late and I understand you want it to be over with, understand it's not really fun for the other side too to think "gee I hope I don't upset him" and start running a vanilla predictable offense that you can easily stuff. And there have been people who have come back from 3-4 touchdowns in the 4th, before. So I don't blame anybody who wants to continue to play.

Meh, 31-0, 2:17 left after a turnover deep in my own territory. I don't think anyone comes back from that. Especially after a gimme field goal. That's five scores in under two minutes.

I don't really care how fun it is for the other guy after I've been romped that badly. "Let's see how much more of a floor mat we can make him if we keep running our offense!"

Of course, it fits Tom Brady perfectly, so I'll chalk it up to role-playing.

I've got no issue with Cola. I appreciate that he explained his thought process and to me that was sufficient. Clearly there was no ill will... and in addition to playing poorly, my team shat the bed in ways that really ruined any opportunity I had to be competitive.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
With that kind of score it should be almost exclusive run plays. If you break a TD off there, so be it. But atleast you're draining the clock.

Ferny

With that kind of score it should be almost exclusive run plays. If you break a TD off there, so be it. But atleast you're draining the clock.
In the Third quarter? Nah. I wouldn't risk getting Madden'd. I wouldn't pass every single down either, but I'm not giving the other player that kind of opening with another half to play. Now the 4th qtr with 5 minutes or less...that's a different story.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
In the Third quarter? Nah. I wouldn't risk getting Madden'd. I wouldn't pass every single down either, but I'm not giving the other player that kind of opening with another half to play. Now the 4th qtr with 5 minutes or less...that's a different story.

i meant in the 4th

yeah in that case I'd agree then that he should have run it out or kneeled

but if it's 3rd down and I have a chance to go for a first and not give the ball back by passing I'd still do it, and I'd hit whoever is open

Mrbob

Rockets and Bulls going to win the same number of playoff games.

Az I got caught up by the Blackhawks OT thriller tonight. We can play tomorrow night. I'll be home around 9 central.

FMT when do you think you can play tomorrow night? I'll be around all evening

I get into LAX about 3:30 pm pst. Worst case scenario would be I get home at 7:30 pm pst. So it'll be between about 6 pm pst - 7:30 pst. Also can someone let Ez know I can play him as the titans tomorrow as well!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'

I don't ever know what to do regarding either taking the air out of the ball or just keep running as fast as possible to the LOS which could lead to more points. Hard to figure what would be less offensive to the other guy. Case by case I suppose.

I can usually tell who wants it done ASAP and who wants to keep playing.

With that being said even if you are down by a lot I would honestly rather you keep competing, and I think it would be better for everyone anyways. Maybe your first three quarters sucked but set yourself up to succeed in the next game.

man ever since I quit smoking I've had some crazy ass dreams. I just had one where I was in the desert but I didn't have legs, and scorpions would randomly pop from the ground and start pincing my nuts. I woke up basically thrusting my crotch from the bed

Funny how trippiest shit happens when you don't smoke

McNei1y

It's the alcohol.

Whenever I'm losing by 2+ tds, I still try to play. I even slow the clock down on offense even if it's out of reach. I want to get as much practice in as possible. Sometimes it just doesn't work though. I think I gave up 3-4 tds to Wellster in the 4th quarter.

Top Bottom