• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Madden '25 PS4 Season 2 CCM Thread: Now with 75% less Madden talk!

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Man that 30 yard screen down the right sideline. I knew it was coming and no one wanted to tackle!

LOL, I just got to that part and yeah, wow. Stream does look much better now and archive will be great for a little scouting.

brentech

Brent we play next when do you want to go?
Better off just telling me when you can play. I'm pretty flexible.
KXACSgg.jpg

xXNtBXf.gif
I need your RNG

We should wait to see how much trash the online is before we even start in my opinion

Getting people to fill up or interest after it's come out won't be hard or take long. But it'd be a waste of time for a lot of people until we know it doesn't suck. the PS3 version is still 2k tier, from what I hear

DietRob

That's pretty much the one time I may not be able to play. Available all day today.

How about 7:30p ET tonight?

Getting people to fill up or interest after it's come out won't be hard or take long. But it'd be a waste of time for a lot of people until we know it doesn't suck. the PS3 version is still 2k tier, from what I hear

it is awful. this is true. i'm not too hopeful for ps4.

McNei1y

We should wait to see how much trash the online is before we even start in my opinion

Good point. I hope it works out though... luckily, the game is good enough to play RTTS and Franchise offline.

p.s. I will be around for some CS tonight.

Ferny

Good point. I hope it works out though... luckily, the game is good enough to play RTTS and Franchise offline.

p.s. I will be around for some CS tonight.
That's honestly all im interested in. Online is a bonus, but give me RTTS and Franchise and im happy.

SickBoy

Surprised DPOTW wasn't GB's Nick Perry, who notched 6 tackles and 3 sacks -- possibly all untouched -- as my pass protection took the week off.

Odds are super high that I'll be done. Think I can trade this essentially straight up for Mario Kart... and when I can get basically $60 in value out of a months-old sports game, it's hard to say no.

Will notify you guys if I do officially give it up. As long as I own it I'll play.

My frustrations are in large part due to scheduling. Waiting on games for about three hours over the past three league weeks is frustrating and then having terrible games to boot makes it a pretty awful experience. I have a pretty tight window for gaming and a lot of stuff I can play... so waiting around for an opponent kinda grinds on me (and worse when I get hammered or lose in a frustrating manner as I did in Week 4 -- especially when it winds up being to the CPU. Jeebus.)

Of course, the game doesn't help. Larry Fitzgerald, 3 catches, 2 drops this year? Really? (I don't blame the game too much for the low catches number, but a 40% drop rate?). Last game was a cavalcade of every area in which Madden is problematic -- seeing things on the field that obviously didn't pass the smell test (possession awarded with one foot in bounds, woeful spotting, among other issues)... etc., etc.

Which is to say nothing of my personal ineptitude. Pleased to have had some competitive games this season and last against players I know who are talented. I attribute that to my appreciation of Xs and Os rather than my skills on the sticks :)

Anyhow, wanted to thank to everyone who I've played over the past year and a bit, and especially the people who have been accommodating of my sometimes crappy schedule (looking at you for Week 3, Az). I've enjoyed more games than I haven't, even though my record suggests I should be jumping out a window or something.

And despite this rant, chances are quite good I'll be picking up next year's game. If I do and there's space in the league, I'll be back if you'll have me.

DietRob

alirght
i'm not sure if i updated yet. i'll be on shortly

yea, i must have already updated. ready whenever you are

DietRob

gg brent fucking turnovers killed me.

had to pull eli he fucking sucks. bob pearce era starts now

brentech

gg brent fucking turnovers killed me.

had to pull eli he fucking sucks. bob pearce era starts now

gg
yeah. ugly game for both of us, but the fact taht you had that many picks and still a chance to win at the end was crushing my soul.

i had to go for it on your 30 some in the 4th cause it was a 44 yard field goal that my kicker would struggle against in no wind. no chance against 16-19mph wind. failed the attempt anyways, but yea

DietRob

gg
yeah. ugly game for both of us, but the fact taht you had that many picks and still a chance to win at the end was crushing my soul.

i had to go for it on your 30 some in the 4th cause it was a 44 yard field goal that my kicker would struggle against in no wind. no chance against 16-19mph wind. failed the attempt anyways, but yea

i aint gonna lie i was pretty heated about that in the moment bc i had to burn a much needed time out then remembered about the crazy wind going. probably wouldn't have done anything with that 1 timeout anyway but throw another pick.

i hate this game. lol

Surprised DPOTW wasn't GB's Nick Perry, who notched 6 tackles and 3 sacks -- possibly all untouched -- as my pass protection took the week off.

Odds are super high that I'll be done. Think I can trade this essentially straight up for Mario Kart... and when I can get basically $60 in value out of a months-old sports game, it's hard to say no.

Will notify you guys if I do officially give it up. As long as I own it I'll play.

My frustrations are in large part due to scheduling. Waiting on games for about three hours over the past three league weeks is frustrating and then having terrible games to boot makes it a pretty awful experience. I have a pretty tight window for gaming and a lot of stuff I can play... so waiting around for an opponent kinda grinds on me (and worse when I get hammered or lose in a frustrating manner as I did in Week 4 -- especially when it winds up being to the CPU. Jeebus.)

Of course, the game doesn't help. Larry Fitzgerald, 3 catches, 2 drops this year? Really? (I don't blame the game too much for the low catches number, but a 40% drop rate?). Last game was a cavalcade of every area in which Madden is problematic -- seeing things on the field that obviously didn't pass the smell test (possession awarded with one foot in bounds, woeful spotting, among other issues)... etc., etc.

Which is to say nothing of my personal ineptitude. Pleased to have had some competitive games this season and last against players I know who are talented. I attribute that to my appreciation of Xs and Os rather than my skills on the sticks :)

Anyhow, wanted to thank to everyone who I've played over the past year and a bit, and especially the people who have been accommodating of my sometimes crappy schedule (looking at you for Week 3, Az). I've enjoyed more games than I haven't, even though my record suggests I should be jumping out a window or something.

And despite this rant, chances are quite good I'll be picking up next year's game. If I do and there's space in the league, I'll be back if you'll have me.

a bit tough for you coming into madden after a long break, especially since most of us have played the past few years and the game is basically the same (minus a few features). a lot of these games (like the real NFL but for different reasons!) come down to a handful of plays that either go your way or dont and thats how you win or lose. you also got dealt a shit hand with the cards because their roster is trash on the offensive side (minus the WR's) and if you can't put up 20+ in madden then it is hard to win many games.

anyhow, i hope to see you back next year. i'm not sure whats going to happen with the league and teams. although we struggled to keep a full PS4 league at times, there are more than a few guys who are regulars who just didn't make the switch to ps4 yet. who knows how many interested people we will have next year but you are a good player and easy to get ahold of so hopefully you are interested and we have a spot!

p.s.

what is your wiiU id? mine is frenchmovietheme so add me for some MK goodness!

brentech

You know this, man....

Dude overthrew a wide open Dez by a good 20 yards. Insanity.
I think a good few of your picks were from over and under thrown balls due to the wind.
The last one was just into 3 defenders which I think was a pressure sack/pick regardless.

DietRob

Yea, that last pick and the one in double coverage in the endzone were both panic throws. I tend to get a little trigger happy when I should just take a sack.

just had an intense game against soka! i wanted to stream it to test out the new feature but i forgot it was on my other username and the shit wasn't setup. soka dropped a couple easy picks on the drive i tied it late, then alex took me home for the 47 yard semi-walk off win!

Top Bottom