• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Madden '25 PS4 Season 2 CCM Thread: Now with 75% less Madden talk!

eznark

Banned
Why does the game have to be balanced? I don't think Andy Reid would just decide to stop throwing screen passes if they worked every time just because the other coach started to pout.

oatmeal

Banned
Why does the game have to be balanced? I don't think Andy Reid would just decide to stop throwing screen passes if they worked every time just because the other coach started to pout.

Having 'binky' plays is pretty prevalent in Madden.

I could run Gronk out there constantly but I don't in the sake of fairness. I don't know, seems like play calling wouldn't be "1st down, try something fail...2nd down, try something fail...3rd down screen for a 1st down".

Maybe it's just me.

Regardless, ph33nix, watch for the screens.

eznark

Banned
There is nothing broken about screen plays, and I have yet to see any really broken tight end plays (despite trying!). You can stop the entire screen game by running your defensive end with the running back. It's not rocket science.

We've played with Crow for years, we know there are broken plays.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Screens are easy to defend if you keep in mind that they might be coming. And you can usually tell if they are coming within the first half second of the play starting.

They usually do go for decent yardage, but they do in real life too. Especially with a speedy back that can catch passes like a Jamaal Charles.

I dont know what position you usually control yourself, but i have no problems running them more against D-line users

oatmeal

Banned
There is nothing broken about screen plays, and I have yet to see any really broken tight end plays (despite trying!). You can stop the entire screen game by running your defensive end with the running back. It's not rocket science.

We've played with Crow for years, we know there are broken plays.

Thanks for your input. I was waiting for you to jump back into the conversation.

oatmeal

Banned
I dont know what position you usually control yourself, but i have no problems running them more against D-line users

I'm usually successful with the nose tackle if i'm in a 3-4 or an inside linemen if not, and then furiously mash Circle to go to the nearest defender and miss a tackle leading to 30+ yards.

That's been my go-to.

Well you did reply to me.

*laughs*

Sounds like a big moment for you.

CB3

You are in a really bad position to stop screans yourself if your playing inside.

I also have less sympathy for people playing on the line. Screens are one of the few really good ways to make user DT's work

I'm just like a regular-type dude...with a big-ass dick

true detective!

p.s.

i play safety, lb and lineman. i used to play exclusively LB but the games logic in man coverage is fucked up. if you are playing man against a 3 WR set it will show you that you're supposed to cover the RB and your AI is covering the TE. then at the snap the roles magically switch.... i got burned so many times with this bullshit that i just stopped playing LB man against 3 WR sets

Oatmeal, you SHOULD abuse Gronk as much as you can.

What I've learned in this league is you can't play with people going "Man he's going to get mad cause I keep burning him with this play!" I used to think like that and I would pick ridiculously stupid plays and do dumb shit out of my element.

Obviously there's not going for it on 4th in dicky times, doing douchey things in general, etc....but I've seen a fair share of people in this league run plays many many many times in a single game. You gotta do what works. If that means Gronk has a 15 reception game...well then so be it! The opponent should have to double Gronk, not say "Well he ran it twice already I know he won't do it again!" You aren't gonna get that mercy from anyone.

If they choose to do it then I accept the fact that everytime player X trots out 4 WR 1 TE, it's usually vertical TE shake and I sit on it. BOOM. INTERCEPTION.

oatmeal

Banned
Oatmeal, you SHOULD abuse Gronk as much as you can.

What I've learned in this league is you can't play with people going "Man he's going to get mad cause I keep burning him with this play!" I used to think like that and I would pick ridiculously stupid plays and do dumb shit out of my element.

Obviously there's not going for it on 4th in dicky times, doing douchey things in general, etc....but I've seen a fair share of people in this league run plays many many many times in a single game. You gotta do what works. If that means Gronk has a 15 reception game...well then so be it! The opponent should have to double Gronk, not say "Well he ran it twice already I know he won't do it again!" You aren't gonna get that mercy from anyone.

If they choose to do it then I accept the fact that everytime player X trots out 4 WR 1 TE, it's usually vertical TE shake and I sit on it. BOOM. INTERCEPTION.

After the game when I was running down the clock from my own 20 with kneels, and then with 1 second left I threw a zero percentage hail mary just for fun and everyone lost their minds about professionalism I figured that abusing anything would be in bad taste.

EDIT
and yes, I understand that abusing a play and killing the remaining seconds of a clock are not the same thing...just in case.

McNei1y

After the game when I was running down the clock from my own 20 with kneels, and then with 1 second left I threw a zero percentage hail mary just for fun and everyone lost their minds about professionalism I figured that abusing anything would be in bad taste.

Because that's in bad taste. Who does that in real life?

Kingbrave

I take advantage of the 4 vertical play where the right inside dude does a post and is usually open. I don't do it every time, but enough to be annoying.

oatmeal

Banned
I take advantage of the 4 vertical play where the right inside dude does a post and is usually open. I don't do it every time, but enough to be annoying.

13.06.26_-_fresher_top5_-_unitesocialcircles.gif

oatmeal

Banned
Throwing a hail mary pass at the end of a game with no time left is not even close to the same thing as running a bunch of screen plays.

Thanks Ferny. We've covered this.

My point was, I did it once and only once because I didn't think it would be a big deal at the time. I apologized, and from that point, I decided to play fair and not take advantage of money plays.

Smokey

Thanks Ferny. We've covered this.

My point was, I did it once and only once because I didn't think it would be a big deal at the time. I apologized, and from that point, I decided to play fair and not take advantage of money plays.

the only thing sim about this league is the 4th down rules which most people follow.

everything else is a front

CB3

Oh god, the discussion of cheesing brought back Ramirez.

That or someone posted some goos lyrics.

i'm not sure what "abusing" would be. there aren't many things in the game that CAN'T be stopped. do i look for VD against a linebacker when i need a big play? of course. just like real kap. this league and madden in general aren't 100% sim because this is still a videogame and shit happens that wouldn't happen in real life. but for the most part people play a clean game.

i remember after the patriots beat the dolphins in 2012 (in real life) one of the dolphins players complained saying "well yeah they just kept running the same play over and over again. be a man and mix up your plays"

oatmeal

Banned
That's frog. How dare you

Bwahaha.

i'm not sure what "abusing" would be. there aren't many things in the game that CAN'T be stopped. do i look for VD against a linebacker when i need a big play? of course. just like real kap. this league and madden in general aren't 100% sim because this is still a videogame and shit happens that wouldn't happen in real life. but for the most part people play a clean game.

i remember after the patriots beat the dolphins in 2012 (in real life) one of the dolphins players complained saying "well yeah they just kept running the same play over and over again. be a man and mix up your plays"

Real life =/= Game

I can't control my entire field of men, they're going to get sucked into blocks. I'm only one man. USA! USA!

Week 12

Next vance date: Wednesday @ 7:30 pst

Games:

Panthers (Rors) @ Bucs (lulz)
Bears (Bob) @ Lions (Pistol)
Pats (Oatmeal) @ Giants (Wellington)
Cards (Sickboy) @ Ravens (CPU)
Seahawks (Az) @ Falcons (DCX)
Saints (Arkaium) @ Titans (Kingbrave) - Contact Ark via PM or PSN
Raiders (Soka) @ Vikings (Cola)
Colts (Jabee) @ Jags (Soka)
Broncos (Drizz) @ Chargers (Nightz)
Bengals (Splat) @ Steelers (Spottie)
Packers (Ez) @ Chiefs (Markmdc) - FMT SCREEN GAME OF THE WEEK
Rams (Crow) @ 49ers (FMT)
Browns (Brent) @ Texans (Smokey)
Jets (Deftech) @ Redskins (mcneily)
Eagles (CB) @ Cowboys (Rob)
Dolphins (phee) @ Bills (rinse)

NFC Player of the Week: Marshawn Lynch (Seahawks) - 23 car, 142 yards, 3 TD
NFC Defensive Player of the Week: N/A, CPU

AFC Offensive Player of the week: Darren McFadden (Raiders) - 23 car, 236 yards, 3 TD
AFC Defensive Player of the week: N/A, CPU

Top Bottom