• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Madden NFL '15 |OT| Now This is Current Gen

Mideon

Pre purchased on Xbox One after using all my Early Access time. Can't wait to carry on playing. Was smooth for me on Xbox One, can't imagine there being a massive difference between the PS4 and Xbox One versions. The load times are awful though EA really need to look into that.

Arc

Caved in and bought. I'm too much of a football fan to not have my videogame fix any longer. Haven't bought Madden since 09 so I'm sure this will be a big upgrade for me.

I really encourage everyone to do the training camp mode, especially the "Concepts" and advanced gameplay if you haven't played in a while. The trigger modifying (L2/LT) is mostly useless, but the NFL concepts and strategy training exercises are surprisingly really good. If you've ever wondered why you get carved up on defense against friends who play a lot of Madden or know a lot about football playcalling, it's a good place to start.

I've had it since Friday but since I'm an ultimate team guy it hasn't been too great because no one else had it. I'm looking forward to a long year and a lot of games. This is definitely the best madden we have had in a while.

Rflagg

I wanted to wait until black Friday (hoping for a madden deal), but with Minecraft failing certification I might have to day one this so the wait for Destiny is not as bad. I know the leagues exist, but are we doing a psn/xbox name exchange thread?

Really looking forward to

to the first time a Seahawk has been on the cover since Alexander
hope this ends better for Hawk fans :/
QBs not always being prefect and hopefully playing differently
Focus on Defense
Improved (form what I have seen) presentation
Turning Jermaine Kearse into the star he was born to be

Bummed out by

Lack of NCAA game this was always way way more enjoyable for me, because I can and do enjoy playing many different teams and building them up.Madden I can only enjoy playing as the Seahawks. Hope we see at least one before this gen is over
All the comparisons to 2k5 wish the NFL would bring back competition in the video game sector
Everyone online will say I jumped on the Seahawks because they are the highest rated

I really encourage everyone to do the training camp mode, especially the "Concepts" and advanced gameplay if you haven't played in a while. The trigger modifying (L2/LT) is mostly useless, but the NFL concepts and strategy training exercises are surprisingly really good. If you've ever wondered why you get carved up on defense against friends who play a lot of Madden or know a lot about football playcalling, it's a good place to start.

I'm looking forward to going through this... I'm a long time Madden player but I'm sure I can learn a thing or two... Didn't want to waste my 6 hour time trial though doing the challenges.

Few hidden surprises for online play will be the Bears and Bengals. Both have capable QBs, elite WR talent, and good running backs, with fast defenses.

to the first time a Seahawk has been on the cover since Alexander
hope this ends better for Hawk fans :/
Turning Jermaine Kearse into the star he was born to be

Amen, brother. Preordered physical copies of this and Fifa 15 just for the Sherman/Dempsey covers. Seattle represent.

M.W.

Did 25 have the "blimp" camera view? I don't know if that's what it's called but it's the view that's zoomed out the most. I love playing offense in that view. On defense I go zoomed in.

EagleEyes

I still can't believe they just quietly took out the online co-op team play. That was one of my favorite modes in the last few years. :(

Just wish the cover looked better they should have gone with the tip from the NFC championship game imo.

sports-lead-570.jpg

Madden 15: Don't You Ever Talk About Me Edition

Game was great and I knew I was getting it after I played early on the Xbox One. Most excited I've been for the game in a while. Looks and plays much better than last year.

forms

Purchased via US PSN. I assume my preorder bonuses of 15$are smoked, since I am not playing on the US account, but it is still so, so much cheaper.

barrok

Neo Member
Am I seeing this right, PSN gets it at 12:01 est and Xbone gets it at 12:01 PDT?

sad :( I want it at 12:01 EST! :p

LosDaddie

Banned
One of my co-worker's roommates works at Tiburon here in Orlando. So, I'll be getting the game for ps4 later this week (for $20). :)

Since there's no NCAA football game anymore, this'll be the only way I can get my football gaming fix.

I hope all of your are right about this being a great game. I hope the visuals impress

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Game play looks exactly the same, animations are clunky, this looks horrible and I haven't even played Madden in years. I can't believe a game from 9 years ago outperforms this still (NFL 2k5). When is the NFL monopoly with EA up again?

Haha troll so hard

Novoitus

Banned
The game looks really amazing in spots and plays well, but I've been through 6 weeks of my connected franchise and CPU stats are all fucked up.

only 1 QB with over 90 QB rating through 6 weeks

Are we ever getting another NCAA Football game?

There is a glimmer of hope but it's not much more than a glimmer. The NCAA / O'Bannon settlement from June makes it possible for college athletes to be compensated for their likeness appearing in games. EA has expressed an interest in making the games if they can acquire the license to use player likenesses and they aren't threatened to being sued.

It's a tall order but it's not impossible

I should also say that there will never be another NCAA game specifically. The NCAA will never license its product in a videogame ever again, but that doesn't really matter... The NCAA the organization only owns the name to the BCS, the Heisman Trophy, and it's own name. ALmost everything else is controlled by another organization which EA has continued a relationship with.

http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2014/6/18/5822084/ea-sports-ncaa-football-video-game-return

The Jason

This will be my first Madden purchase since '06, so I have a question, how often is the roster updated? And is it updated to be accurate for game one?

Ive seen the roster they released and the have CB's listed as Safeties and MLB's listed as OLB's, which needs to be sorted out to reflect the actual roster.

It makes me not want to get the game until it is accurate.

Lan Dong Mik

And why would I want them?
This will be my first Madden purchase since '06, so I have a question, how often is the roster updated? And is it updated to be accurate for game one?

Ive seen the roster they released and the have CB's listed as Safeties and MLB's listed as OLB's, which needs to be sorted out to reflect the actual roster.

It makes me not want to get the game until it is accurate.

I remember them updating rosters on madden 25 pretty frequently. I don't think it happened every week but I would say about every 2 weeks or so is a fair estimation.

Korezo

I was going to cave and buy my first madden ever just because I wanted to use the Cleveland Browns and play with Manziel, but after seen gameplay from people streaming on ps4 the animations were terrible. A lot the tackles were plain bad with the defender hitting air and still knocking people down, also a lot of terrible jerky tackles or movement. The contact is real bad.

IndustryX

Love these consoles! Just pre-ordered digital and I can play at 12 ET, super excited after the big disappointment last year! Love this, gonna be terrible for my impulse purchases though lol...

SZips

Well, I pre-ordered this tonight for the PS4. It will be my first Madden game in a few years (five years, at least). Here's to hoping it doesn't disappoint!

TTUVAPOR

Banned
I'd rather buy sports games digitally, when you trade them in, you get crap money back for them versus non-sports titles.

Metfanant

Welp...Best Buy gave me $54 to trade in FIFA 14 and NBA 2K14 (THIS is why I refuse to go digital, and EA access is still a ripoff!)...

so I preordered Madden from the website for in store pickup tomorrow for like $10 after tax...not a bad deal...especially because I'm supposed to get a $10 rewards certificate for preordering...

Without NCAA this year I need my football fix...so back to Madden it is

Btw...how do the those rewards certs work? Do they send it to me?

I'd rather buy sports games digitally, when you trade them in, you get crap money back for them versus non-sports titles.

See above

OK, I'm finally home and practice the screen pass a bit more. I'm happy to say it's user error. The Quick Sand couple with the vibration is EA letting you know you are in the passing window so get rid of the ball. It works too perfection now that I know how to perform it properly.

The Screen Pass Works as advertised.

KaYotiX

Banned
Game was great and I knew I was getting it after I played early on the Xbox One. Most excited I've been for the game in a while. Looks and plays much better than last year.

Amen, I can't wait to jump into this game and not worry about using all my time up.

I'm also a huge ultimate team guy.

Top Bottom