• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Madden NFL '15 |OT| Now This is Current Gen

IndustryX

Welp...Best Buy gave me $54 to trade in FIFA 14 and NBA 2K14 (THIS is why I refuse to go digital, and EA access is still a ripoff!)...

so I preordered Madden from the website for in store pickup tomorrow for like $10 after tax...not a bad deal...especially because I'm supposed to get a $10 rewards certificate for preordering...

Without NCAA this year I need my football fix...so back to Madden it is

Btw...how do the those rewards certs work? Do they send it to me?

See above

Damn $54?

I should go trade both those games for a FIFA pre order....

Yeah, trading in sports games is a lot better now than in the past. Its value will be shit, but you'll usually find a sweet deal at some point.

Ah man. Got my fantasy draft going right now. Madden comes tomorrow. It's football season. Feels good.

giphy.gif

the game is pretty good after playing it for 6 hours. however, like most non-baseball sports games it can devolve into a shitfest if you're playing the right (wrong) person. that's why we have the madden league!

Okay that opening sequence was legit impressive

100% agreed. Hooked immediately.

Just put the disc in after waiting in line at midnight, and I have to say I really think I'm going to love this year's madden. I'll predict I'll play it as much as I did '04 which was my favorite. This is coming from one of the many who have really been dissapointed with this series over the years.

Dominator

Still installing on Xbox One after about an hour (it's brutal, but 98%!) and I'm just super excited to start playing. Haven't felt this way about Madden in years.

As someone who was 100% disappointed by Madden 25 in every way and was disgusted by it's graphics on next-gen consoles, after playing Madden 15 on EA Access, I think it looks beautiful and will be the first Madden game I've bought in awhile. The difference is night and day to me between Madden 25 and Madden 15. The presentation is also fantastic!

Glad to see positive early impressions. I liked what I've read up on the game, but I'm always skeptical when it comes to sports games. I got a PS4 copy coming from Gamefly later this week, and I'm really looking forward to diving in this year.

demolitio

Fuck. I gotta find a way to get this to turn around this awful week and it sure as hell isn't for Browns hype (although I guess this year's focus on defense would help the Browns out quite a bit...lol).

Can't believe I'm hyped for a Madden game again but it definitely helps taking a year or two off in between and in this case, it was 2.

unbias

Fuck. I gotta find a way to get this to turn around this awful week and it sure as hell isn't for Browns hype (although I guess this year's focus on defense would help the Browns out quite a bit...lol).

Can't believe I'm hyped for a Madden game again but it definitely helps taking a year or two off in between and in this case, it was 2.

I'm not a huge Johnny fan, but god dammit for how long Hoyer has been in the league he looks terrible, you shouldnt be that comparable to a rookie QB. I guess him being a home town boy gives him more of a leash? On the plus side, Hoyer gets to take a beating vs your guys future QB.

Tangerinediesel

Neo Member
Already regret getting the ultimate edition. Thought it would come with the preorder bonus plus the extra packs, nope. Then I go to open the packs and get nothing but hot garbage. A 75 rated RE was the best I got lol.

demolitio

I'm not a huge Johnny fan, but god dammit for how long Hoyer has been in the league he looks terrible, you shouldnt be that comparable to a rookie QB. I guess him being a home town boy gives him more of a leash? On the plus side, Hoyer gets to take a beating vs your guys future QB.

Yea, I think it's partially due to Hoyer being a homer and also he gets to take the beating while Johnny remains unscathed until they can get him more weapons. I kept saying they should have drafted a WR, especially with knowing what's going on with Gordon, but people here told me it's good that they're sticking to their plan as if I wasn't allowed disagreeing with it and now we see the product of that decision. You need receivers to make a QB look good and a bunch of dropped passes only hurts their confidence even more and Cameron can't make up for Gordon no matter how many times Gruden calls him a WR...lol

I think it's better to let Johnny learn some more while the experienced Hoyer goes out there and tries to prove people wrong because people will turn on Johnny right away these days so at least make sure he's in the best position as possible to succeed so he has a fair chance. I'm hoping the Browns are looking down south at the Bengals who will need to cut some decent WR's since they'll be a lot better than the current line-up. Hell, Hawkins is already worthwhile to me.

Sadly, that's partially why I want this year's game though. I want to try and build a team around Johnny and see if I can make it work while most people speculate we're looking at the QB-rich draft next year already.

Just hoping I can sell some of my old games to get this one. Pretty sad when I have to revert back to that strategy. :D

atr0cious

Yea, I think it's partially due to Hoyer being a homer and also he gets to take the beating while Johnny remains unscathed until they can get him more weapons. I kept saying they should have drafted a WR, especially with knowing what's going on with Gordon, but people here told me it's good that they're sticking to their plan as if I wasn't allowed disagreeing with it and now we see the product of that decision. You need receivers to make a QB look good and a bunch of dropped passes only hurts their confidence even more and Cameron can't make up for Gordon no matter how many times Gruden calls him a WR...lol

I think it's better to let Johnny learn some more while the experienced Hoyer goes out there and tries to prove people wrong because people will turn on Johnny right away these days so at least make sure he's in the best position as possible to succeed so he has a fair chance. I'm hoping the Browns are looking down south at the Bengals who will need to cut some decent WR's since they'll be a lot better than the current line-up. Hell, Hawkins is already worthwhile to me.

Sadly, that's partially why I want this year's game though. I want to try and build a team around Johnny and see if I can make it work while most people speculate we're looking at the QB-rich draft next year already. Hoyer will probably last half a year before he breaks anyways, so let JFF soak up all the bench time he can, he's gonna need it.

Just hoping I can sell some of my old games to get this one. Pretty sad when I have to revert back to that strategy. :D

You guys are gonna keep the steelers out the playoffs, so you're already doing God's work.

SZips

Maybe this is a really stupid question, but is there a way to just play a normal season in this game? Like one where you pick a team and just go through every game as every player if you want? Keep in mind that I haven't played a Madden game in years so I'm simply assuming this was removed at some point.

D23

Impresisons here sounds good. Will get it. My first Madden game since Michael Vick was on the cover.

GTI Guy

Wtf is this shit!?!

I did a DD preorder. Fully expected game to fire up immediately at 12am. Damn game is installing so based upon how quickly its moving should be installed in an hour. This is some BS!

Dominator

Ah, the rage is still in me when I lose online. Its most definitely my fault but in the moment I'm like "Damn, that was bullshit! What the fuck this game is shit!"

Great game so far though.

GQman2121

Banned
Wtf is this shit!?!

I did a DD preorder. Fully expected game to fire up immediately at 12am. Damn game is installing so based upon how quickly its moving should be installed in an hour. This is some BS!

Was your system in Standby the entire time?

Top Bottom