• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Madden Offseason Thread: There's a terror in knowing what this thread is about

Somnia

2nd boss in KV vet is so stupid. He is very doable, but there's some bugs which cause headaches. As a healer it's fun though cause when he does his target section with the self destruction bots I am all over the place, really tests my ability move around and heal as a medic lol

Honestly the dungeons aren't insane on vet either, its just like old school raids in WoW it's all about learning the encounter. You may wipe and try 50 times, but when you get it you're set. These dungeons really prepare you for raids, plus the 2 new zones coming in next week are suppose to have 5 man and 20 man encounters to help prepare for raiding also (also new epic gear).

Mrbob

Some of us can't live off trust funds and have to work, Shake. Though I'm only working a half day today. Heading out for the afternoon but I'll be on tonight to play CS. Getting addicted to the game.

Also the Steam version of Plague Inc is great. If it goes on flash sale again I highly recommend it.

Sokantish

Were you pugging?

The healer and one of the DPS was. I kept screwing up on stormtalon, I'd get too far away from him right before he knocks us all back and then I'd get messed up by that huge AOE that closes in while you are stunned. We only got him to like 50% I think

Smokey

Here's my quick tips for new CS players:

1. Be quiet. Seriously, shut the fuck up. Aside from getting out to your initial location, you really want to be walking or crawling whenever you're moving for the most part. Sound is a ridiculously important part of Counter-Strike and running around everywhere is the fastest way to die. It gives away your position and your accuracy is going to be terrible if you're firing on the run.

2. Be gentle with the guns. The recoil/accuracy on guns with CS are built on accurate models so if you spray, you won't hit shit. Get used to burst and single shot firing, especially with the M4 and AK. Crouch when you see someone, it makes your fire more accurately.

3. Learn the maps. It's important to know the in's and out's of each map. Really important to know sounds that will indicate the enemy position, choke points, common camping spots, etc.

4. Stay calm. If you see someone, don't PANIC and start spraying like a mad man. Walk slowly, listen for the enemy and anticipate their location. It warrants repeating, sound is an extremely important aspect of the game and if you're silent while you're enemy isn't, you should be at a great advantage.

Does phee still spaz the fuck out when he sees someone

brentech

SHAKE!! SHAKE! IT'S BEEN DONE! Jeb on the Mun!

7aBuYGo.png

I have it recorded on twitch as well. but since i tipped..I'm trying to find out if I should try taking back off or leave him there and come back with a bigger pod to retrieve him!

BigAT

There's plenty of other good maps we should play. Nuke, Train, Inferno, Aztec. Did de_cbble make it into this game?

Mrbob

Now WildStar is awful? I need to play it some more.

hellllllllll yeah who is down for some Asetto Corsa?

I might get it only because this sale has been so awful the game wins by default. Repeats everywhere.

I love how Alan Wake is a flash sale and also in a community choice vote.

Ferny

Man the WildStar thread seems kind of dire.

It's GAF what do you expect? GW2 is the only game that actually has a lot of the same people in the guild together and that's mostly because it has no sub. I can't remember the last time an MMO on GAF really lasted all that long.

Also the people that are complaining about it being SO hard are people who are going in expecting to be successful in a PUG when interrupting is so crucial to success. Pugging these Vets and stuff after a month and expecting total success is asinine.

Now WildStar is awful? I need to play it some more.

More than 2 days.

eznark

Banned
No Bob, the game is still awesome, at least to me. I think I enjoy a a good three months from every MMO since that's how long it takes me to level cap.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
There's plenty of other good maps we should play. Nuke, Train, Inferno, Aztec. Did de_cbble make it into this game?

I only know office and the italian one with cobble stones.

I feel dumb running all the time in that game. I never hear others. Probably need to play with headphones.

BigAT

I only know office and the italian one with cobble stones.

I feel dumb running all the time in that game. I never hear others. Probably need to play with headphones.

Headphones definitely help, I try not to play without them. The other map you're thinking of is appropriately called cs_italy.

SHAKE!! SHAKE! IT'S BEEN DONE! Jeb on the Mun!

I have it recorded on twitch as well. but since i tipped..I'm trying to find out if I should try taking back off or leave him there and come back with a bigger pod to retrieve him!

OMFG!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

ON THE MOOON BITCHES

Dood you have to send another mission up there to rescue him. That shit would be so bad ass. Too bad there is no co-op or else i could go over there and crash next to him and you could save us both!

Nuke/Train are so damn good in competitive. Lets make a team!

Aztec and office are prolly the funnest pub maps tho

CS LETS GO

It's GAF what do you expect? GW2 is the only game that actually has a lot of the same people in the guild together and that's mostly because it has no sub. I can't remember the last time an MMO on GAF really lasted all that long.

Also the people that are complaining about it being SO hard are people who are going in expecting to be successful in a PUG when interrupting is so crucial to success. Pugging these Vets and stuff after a month and expecting total success is asinine.

More than 2 days.

I agree. I'm still having a lot of fun with Wildstar but I haven't hit the endgame grind yet. Hopefully when I hit 50, "holier than thou" Somnia will start playing with me and it'll be tons o' fun.

Wait, so you guys all bought Wildstar to play with one another and that never happened?

Why does this sound so familiar?

edit---

omg 2.5 GB update for CS:GO lol

eznark

Banned
No, I bought WildStar to play solo. If I meet up with the others great. Already ran one dungeon with Ferns and AZ.

You cat people sure complain like bitches. How often do you think any game will get played? We played PayDay 2 for like 2 weeks. How much more do you generally get out of a game? That's enough for me.

Wait, so you guys all bought Wildstar to play with one another and that never happened?

Why does this sound so familiar?

edit---

omg 2.5 GB update for CS:GO lol

Ferny and I played a bunch together. And then we even ran eznark through a dungeon even though we were a bunch of levels higher than him. Somnia is the only one that doesn't like to play with us.

No, I bought WildStar to play solo. If I meet up with the others great. Already ran one dungeon with Ferns and AZ.

You cat people sure complain like bitches. How often do you think any game will get played? We played PayDay 2 for like 2 weeks. How much more do you generally get out of a game? That's enough for me.

We played payday 2 like twice :(

Two weeks would have been awesome!

Speaking of which, PAYDAY2 is on sale for $6 lets all "buy" it an play!

eznark

Banned
My order of preferences for mp video games currently is:

Wild Star
Mario Kart
Dota

If no one is playing any of those things I will play some payday.

Ferny

I wouldn't mind some Payday 2 sometime. Also I believe the group was Ez, myself, I wanna say McNeily? I can't remember but we had a 4 stack for 2 weeks or so before it just stopped.

eznark

Banned
I stopped playing it because while it's a great concept, it's also super thin. I don't see how you could really spend more than 2 weeks with it.

brentech

I play it solo sometimes. the people aren't all bad. its been alittle bit, but i need to play some more

OMFG!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

ON THE MOOON BITCHES

Dood you have to send another mission up there to rescue him. That shit would be so bad ass. Too bad there is no co-op or else i could go over there and crash next to him and you could save us both!

I had the whole thing streamed and saved on twitch. Had like 5 viewers, and 2 of them were helping me out. I got lucky and managed to lift off the moon and then ran out of fuel after getting back to earth orbit and slightly decreasing it for landing. I then had to keep getting out of the craft, and pushing it with my jetpack. If you get back in, the jetpacks fuel refills.

So I now have a flag on Mun, and Jeb is back safe at home!

I will likely be playing Mario Kart until Smash comes out as my token Wii U game

Until the this version of the Show will be getting lots of burn and I will continue on with Skeeter Johnson's career since next year's game is unlikely to fix the trash :(

brentech

That's definitely true, but a little less so if you know the tricks of the heists. Which usually require top level gear to pull off.

But with that stuff, you can really coordinate some stuff that you're never even aware of.

Yeah i think i caught the tail end of Payday2. I think i played one 4 stack game and like 2 or 3 with splat/livewire

Yall got burnt out on it before i joined the party. I shoulda jumped on the game sooner!

Top Bottom