• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Madden Offseason Thread: There's a terror in knowing what this thread is about

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
I've enjoyed watching world cup more than I'd like to admit.

shh don't tell anyone. I'm actually kinda bummed that I can't watch the USA game today. Got too much shit going on at work.

DICKS OUT BOYS, WE DID IT!!!
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A true American hero!

o8citcG.jpg

Whatever happened to Rust?

They have a very promising "experimental" branch in development. Basically, they saw some limits in the old game/coding and decided to build the game on an entirely new foundation. You can play old rust still but i dont think it will see any more updates. Their new vision will be in the experimental branch. Excited to see what they bring!

brentech

I just built such a tall rocket, it couldnt stay upright on the staging platform. so i lauched as quickly as possible, but it just shot me horizontally. had to break through 15 stages to i could get to my parachute and survive.

must rethink this....

I just built such a tall rocket, it couldnt stay upright on the staging platform. so i lauched as quickly as possible, but it just shot me horizontally. had to break through 15 stages to i could get to my parachute and survive.

must rethink this....

You can use stabilizers to keep it upright on the launch pad

use these

eznark

Banned
They have a very promising "experimental" branch in development. Basically, they saw some limits in the old game/coding and decided to build the game on an entirely new foundation. You can play old rust still but i dont think it will see any more updates. Their new vision will be in the experimental branch. Excited to see what they bring!

Have they said yet if it will be free to people who own the abandoned Rust?

McNei1y

The experimental branch looks a bit better. Still too early to tell (at least from the video I saw). I could go back to that game if a new version comes out. I just hope Ferny and co.don't kill me all the way out in that valley.

alright. I need to build another ship that will just not be so aburd and get a little more science points so I can buy that. I'm only at 32 right now

Just build a crazy rocket with comms and overshoot the moon. Once the ship settles down in orbit way out in space you can collect like an easy 100 science and transmit it back to base

Send your least fav kerbling tho cause he's never coming back!

:(

Ferny

I'm waiting till it reaches feature parity with the current/old version before getting back into it. But I think Ferny has played around in it recently.

Hells yeah I have, along with regular Rust. Fun times. The new experimental build is legit and once they get some more features in, I will be spending another 100 hours with it.

brentech

Just build a crazy rocket with comms and overshoot the moon. Once the ship settles down in orbit way out in space you can collect like an easy 100 science and transmit it back to base

Send your least fav kerbling tho cause he's never coming back!

:(

I just had a really nice distant orbit that still returned me. collected 3 samples of the goo and had enough power to send crew reports a few times. success space experiment.

I'll add a little more to take me further. Its not even a crazy ship, but I think with a few small changes i can orbit around moon and back

I just had a really nice distant orbit that still returned me. collected 3 samples of the goo and had enough power to send crew reports a few times. success space experiment.

I'll add a little more to take me further. Its not even a crazy ship, but I think with a few small changes i can orbit around moon and back

Race to the moon!

I almost crashed on it last night :(

Somnia

Hells yeah I have, along with regular Rust. Fun times. The new experimental build is legit and once they get some more features in, I will be spending another 100 hours with it.

Keep me informed on when the new build gets closer to parity with the old one content wise and I'll start back up.

lol. yeah, mucho learning

I feel like I do a lot better with rockets that are far more simple. the more i add to something, worse I do in terms of really getting out there.

yeah I agree. KISS applies here I think

Building something crazy is fine if you just want to shoot of into and/or drift around in space , but if you want to successfully land somewhere it seems simplicity is paramount to success. As i get closer and closer to a moon landing my rocket designs have been scaled back from the caziness of yesterday.

brentech

Yeah. I just overshot and am now in orbit close to Duna. Jeb is lost out there. I think I have to just give him up. So much science!

Okay, yeah. If I go to the Tracking Station, it says that he is orbiting the Sun. No fuel. Good bye jeb!

Mrbob

Soccer game was alright today. If teams are just going to go back and forth I much prefer hockey. At least in that sport guys are zooming around the ice. Playoff hockey is the best playoff sport to watch.

Does anyone have Banished? Is it worth 10 bucks?

I don't own it, but a friend of mine has it. He likes the game but there is a lot of micro managing for the lives of people. I don't care to do all that stuff. I want to city build from mainly a macro level.

LiveWire

I know you all have a bajillion alt Steam IDs for DOTA, but who is The Godfather? We're 3-0 in our last 3 games, and that 75 minute throne dive was a hell of a way to keep the streak alive...

Top Bottom