• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Madden Offseason Thread: There's a terror in knowing what this thread is about

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
I know you all have a bajillion alt Steam IDs for DOTA, but who is The Godfather? We're 3-0 in our last 3 games, and that 75 minute throne dive was a hell of a way to keep the streak alive...

I hope this is not sarcastic

Here is the Shake Space Ind. "Jebediah" class rocket design, brent.

Stage 4 - 12 T800 fuel tanks on the outside using LV30 engines
Stage 3 - (on the inside of stage 4) 2 T800 fuel tanks using LV45 engine
Stage 2 - 1 T800 fuel tank using LV30 engine
Stage 1 - 1 T400 fuel tank using LV909 engine

Basically stage 1 and 2 gets me into orbit outside of earth. Stage 3 allows me to adjust my orbit and intercept the moon. Stage 4 allows me to land on and take off from the moon (assuming i dont crash)

It's been pretty damn reliable so far. I can consistently get to the moon my last 3 attempts without any issue (well except for landing but that shit is hard)

*fixed stages so they line up with the numbers on the left

TheCrow

Just finished witcher 2. So glad I got back to it, now I'm ready for witcher 3. I hope they keep the pacing similar. It never really dragged on.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
(9:57:57 PM) whossorrynow015: i was loving shovel knight before that stuipd requirement of the ipad
(9:58:22 PM) CB: you have the weirdest hate for the gamepad ever
(9:58:30 PM) CB: its better than the control because you can quick select shit
(9:58:53 PM) whossorrynow015: literally my only problem with it is the battery life
(9:59:01 PM) whossorrynow015: shit is worse than the ps4 controller
(9:59:09 PM) CB: well it has a screen on it
(9:59:11 PM) CB: so id assume so
(9:59:14 PM) whossorrynow015: at least with the ps4 controller i have 2 of them
(9:59:20 PM) whossorrynow015: so i can charge one while using the other
(9:59:23 PM) whossorrynow015: no luck with the wiipad!
(9:59:30 PM) CB: just charge it when you're done
(9:59:36 PM) CB: you dont play games for 4 stragith hours
(9:59:38 PM) CB: we both know this
(9:59:55 PM) whossorrynow015: then i have to get out my charger out
(10:00:04 PM) CB: dont you have the dock set up
(10:00:11 PM) whossorrynow015: no
(10:00:13 PM) whossorrynow015: how much is it
(10:00:19 PM) CB: it comes with the fucking system!
(10:00:33 PM) CB: its like the 3ds dock
(10:00:35 PM) whossorrynow015: lol wtf?
(10:00:37 PM) CB: you just sit it on the stand
(10:00:46 PM) whossorrynow015: i didn't get a 3ds dock either

At what point do we have to put him in a retirement home?

eznark

Banned
(9:57:57 PM) whossorrynow015: i was loving shovel knight before that stuipd requirement of the ipad
(9:58:22 PM) CB: you have the weirdest hate for the gamepad ever
(9:58:30 PM) CB: its better than the control because you can quick select shit
(9:58:53 PM) whossorrynow015: literally my only problem with it is the battery life
(9:59:01 PM) whossorrynow015: shit is worse than the ps4 controller
(9:59:09 PM) CB: well it has a screen on it
(9:59:11 PM) CB: so id assume so
(9:59:14 PM) whossorrynow015: at least with the ps4 controller i have 2 of them
(9:59:20 PM) whossorrynow015: so i can charge one while using the other
(9:59:23 PM) whossorrynow015: no luck with the wiipad!
(9:59:30 PM) CB: just charge it when you're done
(9:59:36 PM) CB: you dont play games for 4 stragith hours
(9:59:38 PM) CB: we both know this
(9:59:55 PM) whossorrynow015: then i have to get out my charger out
(10:00:04 PM) CB: dont you have the dock set up
(10:00:11 PM) whossorrynow015: no
(10:00:13 PM) whossorrynow015: how much is it
(10:00:19 PM) CB: it comes with the fucking system!
(10:00:33 PM) CB: its like the 3ds dock
(10:00:35 PM) whossorrynow015: lol wtf?
(10:00:37 PM) CB: you just sit it on the stand
(10:00:46 PM) whossorrynow015: i didn't get a 3ds dock either

At what point do we have to put him in a retirement home?

Amazing

eznark

Banned
So fnatic is getting disqualified because Era is a nutter who refuses to fly? Why doesn't he just take a ship? Or drug his ass up. $10m and he is fucking his team because of anxiety issues? God damn they have to kick him right?

BigAT

So fnatic is getting disqualified because Era is a nutter who refuses to fly? Why doesn't he just take a ship? Or drug his ass up. $10m and he is fucking his team because of anxiety issues? God damn they have to kick him right?

Seems ridiculous to let EG through and not let Fnatic. Like Fear isn't healthy enough despite streaming 5+ hours a day.

Somnia

Whoa... you would think this would come up at some point and not this late into the game. I'd smack him and tell him to man up, drug him and strap him to the plane. $10 million on the line, you can man up.

TheCrow

No. Just have valve treat them like eg. If the issue persists then they will consider replacing him. Replacing him now would accomplish nothing. And would actually hurt fnatic since they just posted about supporting him.

brentech

Dammnnnnnnnn. So close to lunar landing shake!

I actually bounced off as i sped up too much and then had a second chance. then i didnt slow myself enough and crashed. It was another dark side approach, so no shadow to help me know exactly how close I was.

Be back later to get this bitch.

I'd never gone 0-16 in CS GO before. But that's what happens when FMT is playing competitive matchmaking for the first time.

FMT playing CS for literally the first time ever might have also mattered too.

brentech

When I saw you guys pick it up, I thought maybe I'd give it a shot, but it was already off sale. Maybe pick it up on the last day.
Right now I'm just really happy with Kerbal Space Program. It might be early access, but it's pretty well set up to do anything you want in sandbox mode, and even career is set pretty good (that's what Shake and I have been working on).
There aren't specific missions to do yet, but you can freewheel it and just discover stuff to earn the points to purchase new technology for further discoveries.

Mrbob

I'd never gone 0-16 in CS GO before. But that's what happens when FMT is playing competitive matchmaking for the first time.

I'm disappointed there isn't an overtime tiebreaker scenario for 15-15 games. We had all the momentum in our epic comeback match and know we would have closed out that last game.

TheCrow

I did fine for my first time. Stop sucking FMT!

Now that witcher is done I'll be around more for CS and Dota.

BigAT

Here's my quick tips for new CS players:

1. Be quiet. Seriously, shut the fuck up. Aside from getting out to your initial location, you really want to be walking or crawling whenever you're moving for the most part. Sound is a ridiculously important part of Counter-Strike and running around everywhere is the fastest way to die. It gives away your position and your accuracy is going to be terrible if you're firing on the run.

2. Be gentle with the guns. The recoil/accuracy on guns with CS are built on accurate models so if you spray, you won't hit shit. Get used to burst and single shot firing, especially with the M4 and AK. Crouch when you see someone, it makes your fire more accurately.

3. Learn the maps. It's important to know the in's and out's of each map. Really important to know sounds that will indicate the enemy position, choke points, common camping spots, etc.

4. Stay calm. If you see someone, don't PANIC and start spraying like a mad man. Walk slowly, listen for the enemy and anticipate their location. It warrants repeating, sound is an extremely important aspect of the game and if you're silent while you're enemy isn't, you should be at a great advantage.

Sokantish

I don't have any idea what game you're talking about, I almost beat a veteran dungeon in Wildstar yesterday though. Why is this game so hard? :(

Top Bottom