• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Madden Offseason Thread: There's a terror in knowing what this thread is about

eznark

Banned
Do the foreign teams have to pay taxes? I wonder how that works.

Pretty sure they are taxed here and probably at home, but I don't really know how the earnings are classified in America. I believe it's considered gambling revenue, which is why it was such a big deal or LoL to be considered a sport?

I could be totally botching that though.

brentech

yea, i would have really liked to have seen some numbers on what some individual players took him from previous TIs after all their taxes/fees

TheCrow

I've actually read that tournament winnings go straight to the players and teams don't take a cut, surprisingly. At least for the good/big teams.

I know valve pays the players directly but it would then be on them to give their cut to the team. I think it was ArtArt who refused to give his team their cut and ended up leaving the team. But of course it all depends on the contracts.

BigAT

I know valve pays the players directly but it would then be on them to give their cut to the team. I think it was ArtArt who refused to give his team their cut and ended up leaving the team. But of course it all depends on the contracts.

I don't just mean just for The International. I read some article a while ago that said that for most teams the players keep 100% of tournament winnings. It could be inaccurate or for only some of the teams, who knows.

Hell of a finish to that NAR'vi/iG game. Carry Earthshaker new meta.
Please don't play carry Earthshaker.

watching the iG Navi.US replay... toby is so good for thee types of games

My earthshaker is already a carry. Nothing changes

If you mean he has a higher KDA than the carrys you play, then yes, I agree!

i do like your ES tho D:

edit---

HOLY SHIT THAT ENDING

this ES!!!

editedit---

no gg's from iG stay salty china LULZ

BigAT

aui with the shoutout to 3kmmr players! (we have brilliant ideas!)

http://www.ongamers.com/videos/aui-2000-on-how-it-s-anyone-s-game-here-at-ti4/2300-787/

heartarino

He gave a shoutout to Envy?
kappatwitchtv.gif

BigAT

Muppets Christmas Carol is legit God Tier.

It's not even the best Muppets Christmas movie.

A Muppet Family Christmas.

It's got the Muppets, then roll in some sick Sesame Street action, and finally top it off with a stiff dose of SOME MOTHERFUCKING FRAGGLE ROCK. So good.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
You guys are making me wish it was the nice, cool winter instead of this 100+ horseshit summer

just these group stage games are killin me when EG plays.

I think i might actually die when the elimination games start

hold me
cry.gif

edit---

arrow > NA dota

Smokey

Man BF4 is pretty terrible on PS4.

Low resolution and too much going on screen is not a good look. Framerate is all over the place. Nobody talks. Playing the game with a pad seemed foreign as hell. Aim assist as well. It's way worse than I thought it would be.

Nightz

Any of you guys have recommendations for computer monitors? Basically gonna be used for work and gaming
Dota
. Don't need anything huge, but I'd like to get 2 for a dual screen setup. Thinking of just leaving my old monitor with my brother then just buying new ones once we move to MD next week.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Any of you guys have recommendations for computer monitors? Basically gonna be used for work and gaming
Dota
. Don't need anything huge, but I'd like to get 2 for a dual screen setup. Thinking of just leaving my old monitor with my brother then just buying new ones once we move to MD next week.

One with a mic

McNei1y

Dota

You're moving to Maryland? Welcome to the DMV if you are.

I currently use an ASUS 23" monitor. It's got every single hookup possible too. I like it.

Top Bottom