• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Madden Rookies Season 1 Official Thread: CFL, Watch Out!

Andokuky

Banned
Idk what happened CJ but I didn't get any of the stats because I got booted out of the game for some reason. GG, pressure was killing me.

Andokuky said:
Idk what happened CJ but I didn't get any of the stats because I got booted out of the game for some reason. GG, pressure was killing me.

GG. On that first FG I guess I didn't press up on the right stick hard enough and it didn't even register. If I would have made that kick then it would have been a 14-6 game in the 4th. I don't know what happened regarding the game d/c'ing, but I didn't really care at that point seeing how there was only ~2 1/2 minutes left and you just completed that long sideline pass.

variance

sorry I had a busy weekend. I'll be on Live tonight sometime after 6:30ish and pretty much all day after 3 or so tomorrow, so y'all can find me then.

AIM: iamsohardcoreyo
GT: corey f baby

I just added your AIM wellington so I'll hit you up whenever you're around, and I guess we can just play next time we're both on Live, GC.

Sometimes my roommate is playing on the 360, so if you ever send me a message and I don't respond, that's probably why.

Drey1082

Big Zep said:
yea man gg...you gotta call those fair catches:lol

Drey! You're up. This game will be special...you gave me my first GAF win!

I can play tomorrow after 8pm central. Anyone else who i have, I'll be around all night tomorrow.

GCQuinton

Drey1082 said:
I can play tomorrow after 8pm central. Anyone else who i have, I'll be around all night tomorrow.

We've got a week 6 game tomorrow, so just PM when you want to play it. Variance can you get our week 5 game in tonight?

LJ11

Great game SmokeyBones. That interception by Ellison, which turned into a fumble and 6 points the other way rattled the shit out of me. I kept forcing stupid throws after that. Ellison made up for it in OT. Good game man, good luck the rest of the season.

yacobod

Banned
LJ11 said:
Great game SmokeyBones. That interception by Ellison, which turned into a fumble and 6 points the other way rattled the shit out of me. I kept forcing stupid throws after that. Ellison made up for it in OT. Good game man, good luck the rest of the season.

when do you want to play our week 6 game?

can hit me up on aim: polishmoves, if i'm not on live (same as aim name)

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Jesus Christ Reggie Bush is just unconcious in this game. Anytime Variance had time Reggie was gone. Meanwhile I had to work for every yard.

GG.

variance

gg.

I thought for sure you were going to take the game, but Bush came through in the end. It was just one of those games, I guess. You were definitely the better player. I look forward to our next matchup.

by the way, Quinton if you come online IM me, I'm gonna go watch Prison Break. I'll hop back on the Xbox 360 afterwards and see if you're on.

Rorschach

AirBrian said:
Site problem?
I think he's talking about when you enter stats at the same time. If you both enter TEAM stats at the same time, it erases the other side. Mostly happens when you enter the other person's score or box score. The fix is to either enter both sides or enter player stats first, let the other guy enter his stats, then you enter yours while he enters his player stats.

Drey1082

GCQuinton said:
We've got a week 6 game tomorrow, so just PM when you want to play it. Variance can you get our week 5 game in tonight?

Okay, I'll be around after probably 8 central. I'll pm you.

LJ11

yacobod said:
i have class tonite so i can play later today after like 10 pm c/t

if not we can do tomorrow, i wont have any conflicts

I can play tonight, your call. If your up for it just hit me up.

variance

gg, quinton. that's probably the best game I've played of madden in a while, tight up until the end. tough break with the clock running out on ya, were you out of timeouts?

GCQuinton

GG. I have no idea what I was thinking on that last play.

Yeah I was out of timeouts because of that challenge I lost earlier in the quarter. On a positive side Tim Shaw played great in the 3-4 scheme and Julius Peppers got a INT-TD. Other than that...

"That's what it was, garbage. ... This is our issue as a team. As a team collectively, we have no heart. We have no energy. We have no drive."

yacobod

Banned
LJ11 said:
LJ11 is my GT, LJ11370 AIM

sorry bout last nite, i ended up going out after class, and getting pretty hammered

if you want to play today i will be home, hopefully can get the game in before or after the cubs game

LJ11

No worries, I figured you wouldn't want to play after class. I'm free right now, or any time before the baseball game starts (not watching the Phils). Let me know when you can go.

Smokey

man i need to hop back on this madden.

been playing halo 3 pretty much non-stop :( or :) depending on how you look at it

Drey1082

If anyone I have to play (Maverick66, BigZep, Wsv771) is around tonight, i'll be around. Anytime after 7 central.

let me know. Considering i'm playing terribly it's probably an easy win.

AirBrian

variance said:
yo brian, I'm out of town right now, but I added you to AIM and will play ya when I return.
Sounds good! If I'm not on AIM, send me a message on XBL or just post here. I check GAF all day.

variance

AirBrian said:
Sounds good! If I'm not on AIM, send me a message on XBL or just post here. I check GAF all day.

alright will do. i should be back tomorrow but i might be... incapacitated, so saturday night or sunday will probably be my best bet. just a heads up! :)

Smokey

Piss Poor decision making in my game against r0r. PISS POOR. I deserved to lose that good game.

I got fuckin greedy way too many times. I had TWO chances to kick a FG and tie the game, but know the devil on my left shoulder kept saying go for the 1st down. DAMNIT I WILL RISE AGAIN GAF!

AirBrian

gg, variance. Everything was just clicking today. Well, except for that "I have no idea what I was thinking" moment with Hester on the 1 yard line. I couldn't tell if the ball touched me or not as I was trying to block you, so I ran back to make sure and he freakin' goes out of bounds at the 1! Then I get a lucky throw to Berrian for the score. I think that play really changed the game because it put you down by 2 TD's and then you started throwing more after you had been burning me with Bush. Holy **** Bush has some moves!

Rorschach said:
Is anyone going to replace or sub for bonsevan?
Any takers, Vets?

variance

i think i'm gonna alternate between close wins and blowout losses all season. you played well, can't believe that 98 yard touchdown though. completely demoralized me haha. gg, sir.

someone needs to teach me how to pass in this game because i can't figure it out. everytime i think something's complete it's intercepted and everytime i think something's intercepted someone my dude catches it.

AirBrian

Yeah, I'm not a fan of passing in the game either. It seemed better last year. :| The defense is way to quick or something. It seems like they know the routes and unless you time it perfectly, it'll either be incomplete or intercepted.*

*Or Madden is 100% since my QB is the TrainRex!

Rorschach

btw- not calling anyone out in particular, but I've seen people ignoring some of the rules especially

* No manual blitzing with linebackers or defensive backs.
Now, you can call on anyone to blitz from any position on your defense, it's just it can't be YOU controlling him. The reason is that the blocking AI can never pick up a human opponent properly. This is cheap as well, don't do it. There will be no compromising on my part with this rule. The one exception is that if you are playing linebacker/CB, and you are covering the field and the QB BREAKS THE POCKET, you can go after him. As soon as you see the QB scrambling to the right or left, you can go after him. If you have a CPU controlled player CLOSE to the QB or already past the offensive line and you want to take control of him, feel free to do so! Load up on that hit stick!
Everyone who hasn't, should give them a glance.

http://www.leaguedaddy.com/leagues/rules/?lid=2210

Top Bottom