• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Madden Rookies Season 1 Official Thread: CFL, Watch Out!

GCQuinton

Drey1082 said:
If anyone I have to play (Maverick66, BigZep, Wsv771) is around tonight, i'll be around. Anytime after 7 central.

let me know. Considering i'm playing terribly it's probably an easy win.

I can get my game in anytime tomorrow, so just PM me when you can play.

yacobod said:
chrisjames

when do you want to play the week 7 game, i'm free tonite after heroes, or tomorrow after class

Tomorrow after your class will probably be best for me. What time are you thinking?

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I might be able to take over a team. Even if it is the titans. But I'd probably have to meet people in a lobby to start games, friends list is full. I have some of the people necessary, but not all of them.

AirBrian

Lonestar said:
I might be able to take over a team. Even if it is the titans. But I'd probably have to meet people in a lobby to start games, friends list is full. I have some of the people necessary, but not all of them.
You know you want to take advantage of the Rookies! :p

yacobod

Banned
ChrisJames said:
Yacobod, tomorrow will be a lot better for me. I have a lot of studying to do.

Does tomorrow evening work for you?

ya lemme know what time is good and we can work something out, i should be available

yacobod said:
ya lemme know what time is good and we can work something out, i should be available

I can play basically anytime tonight. Let me know what works for you.

edit: change of plans, I can still play tonight, but it'll have to be before 7 or after midnight EST.

yacobod

Banned
ChrisJames said:
I can play basically anytime tonight. Let me know what works for you.

edit: change of plans, I can still play tonight, but it'll have to be before 7 or after midnight EST.

lets do like after 12 est

i can do that for sure

Smokey

GG Wellington but I'm really getting sick and tired of this game fucking me over the past few weeks. Ahmand Green was fucking wide open on that last play and would've had the 1st and more but fuck no Madden decides to let the fucking ball just hit him in his chest and bam game over.

wow

AirBrian

Smokey Bones said:
GG Wellington but I'm really getting sick and tired of this game fucking me over the past few weeks. Ahmand Green was fucking wide open on that last play and would've had the 1st and more but fuck no Madden decides to let the fucking ball just hit him in his chest and bam game over.

wow
The passing game has been pretty frustrating this year...more so than last year IMO. My main problem is that sometimes a receiver will make crazy, one-handed catches while jumping 10 feet in the air, while other times they just drop a pass that hits them in the numbers (like you mentioned). Or maybe it's a combination of that plus my suckage. :(

Smokey

AirBrian said:
The passing game has been pretty frustrating this year...more so than last year IMO. My main problem is that sometimes a receiver will make crazy, one-handed catches while jumping 10 feet in the air, while other times they just drop a pass that hits them in the numbers (like you mentioned). Or maybe it's a combination of that plus my suckage. :(

It was 4th and 5 I'm down 13-17 to Wells, there's 14 seconds left on the clock and I'm his oh, 13 yrd line, I call a screen play he's wide the fuck open could've at least got the 5 and maybe even scored and it hits him in the chest and bounces to the ground. Sorry if I sound a little heated but it's been suckage for me the last few weeks, I've lost the last 3 games in a row by a combined amount of 10 points :(

LJ11

Smokey Bones said:
It was 4th and 5 I'm down 13-17 to Wells, there's 14 seconds left on the clock and I'm his oh, 13 yrd line, I call a screen play he's wide the fuck open could've at least got the 5 and maybe even scored and it hits him in the chest and bounces to the ground. Sorry if I sound a little heated but it's been suckage for me the last few weeks, I've lost the last 3 games in a row by a combined amount of 10 points :(

Half-Back screens never work for me, the RB drops the ball 90% of the time. WR screens work, most cheesers online run that shit exclusively. They need to find a better balance next year. Screens are way to effective in NCAA, but almost worthless (outside of WR screens) on Madden.

Birdman02

Lonestar said:
I will be this afternoon after work. Do I have a team yet, or just filling in?

We have a game to play. I should be around the next two nights after 8 cst. What time is good for you?

Rorschach

I called him first. :'(

I got next! Let me know when you can go. I'll be able to later tonight. I have a game against Ando, but I can play after that.

AirBrian

LJ11 said:
Half-Back screens never work for me, the RB drops the ball 90% of the time. WR screens work, most cheesers online run that shit exclusively. They need to find a better balance next year. Screens are way to effective in NCAA, but almost worthless (outside of WR screens) on Madden.
Really? Wow, I cannot get WR screens for positive yards for the life of me. Actually, most of the time I throw a pick so I just don't run them. :lol It seems like if the D calls any kind of DB blitz, the DB is right there for the INT. Maybe I just suck at the timing. Last year, I could effectively run screens. :(

Birdman02

Rorschach said:
I called him first. :'(

I got next! Let me know when you can go. I'll be able to later tonight. I have a game against Ando, but I can play after that.

You and Lone could probably play first if that works better. I have to wait until my little guy goes to sleep, and he's looking like he may be up for a while...maybe closer to 8:30 or 9 central.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
AirBrian said:

Well it really depends on your roster. Part of being a decent players is knowing who to go to and when. The game is sometimes very infuriating with the picks that should not be, but by and large you just need to make sure that you put the ball in the right spot.

Slo

AirBrian said:

Sounds like you probably find yourself in too many 3rd and Californias.

AirBrian

Slo said:
Sounds like you probably find yourself in too many 3rd and Californias.
:lol Usually not too bad...3rd-4 or 3rd-5 range. It (should be) definitely manageable.

Rorschach said:
Air: could you add Robert Ferguson to the Vikings? Thanks. :]
Sorry for getting back to you so late, but he's in there now (he was actually added yesterday, but I didn't get a chance to post in the thread).

Smokey Bones said:
week 8 unlocked??
Yep, it was unlocked last night. Week 6 awards and updated PRs will be going up later this afternoon!

Top Bottom