• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Madden Rookies Season 1 Official Thread: CFL, Watch Out!

Andokuky

Banned
GG DCX, sorry you had one of those games where Madden confirms there wasn't any point in showing up. Some of those picks were pure crap that shouldn't have happened.

DCX

DCX
Andokuky said:
GG DCX, sorry you had one of those games where Madden confirms there wasn't any point in showing up. Some of those picks were pure crap that shouldn't have happened.
Tell me about it...there was no point, bull shit fumbles at the goal line for the both of us, and just stupid magnet picks...what can you do.

DCX

Smokey

bosevan said:
yeah what time? Im central.

10? Is that too late?

Me and my girl are about to go out to eat, and we should be back around 10. I'm in central timezone too.

I can play tomorrow if you rather do that. I can't guarantee a time because I'm playing in the Madden Challenge down here in Houston tomorrow at Reliant Stadium, so depending on how I do I could be there all day.

Of course if I lose the 1st round I'll be available all day:lol but hopefully that won't happen.

EDIT: I also sent a fr.

bosevan

Yeah 10 is fine. But if you need time with your girl don't cut it short for madden. I can play all day tomorrow to. Let me know at 10, I'll get on XL then. good luck tomorrow!

Smokey

Na I didn't cut it short we went right after she got off work so she just wanted to eat and come home which we did.

I'm heading on now.

Smokey

bosevan said:
Yeah 10 is fine. But if you need time with your girl don't cut it short for madden. I can play all day tomorrow to. Let me know at 10, I'll get on XL then. good luck tomorrow!

GG man. Although I don't know why you quit at the end of the game...did you record your stats?

I don't think you did...but I'm still at the stat screen so I will go ahead and put yours in as well..

EDIT: I tried to put in bosevan's stats and it said I did not have permission so AirBrian and Birdman here are the stats for him(Titans) since I cannot enter them:

V. Young passing - 95 yds, 3 INT, 8/21 ATT,

Receiving:

C. Henry - 3 rec, 0 yds, 3 YAC, Long 3 yds
B. Troupe - 3 rec, 52 yds, 8 YAC, Long 19
B. Jones - 1 rec, 37 yds, 6 YAC, Long 37
D. Givens - 1 rec, 6 yds, 6 YAC, Long 6

Rushing:

C. Henry - 40 yds, 12 ATT, 1 FUM, LONG 9
V. Young - 36 yds, 5 ATT, 1 FUM, LONG 14

Defense:

C. Hope - 7 TACK, 2 TACK LOSS, 2 SACK, 1 FF
K. Bulluck - 5 TACK, 2 T. LOSS, 1 SACK, 1 Pass. Def
K. Herndon - 5 TACK, 1 PASS DEFL
D. Thorton - 4 TACK, 2 TACK LOSS
K. Vanden Bosch - 2 TACK, 1 TACK LOSS, 1 SACK
T. Laboy - 2 TACK, 1 FUM REC
N. Harper - 1 TACK, 1 PASS DEF
C. Henry - 1 TACk, 1 Force Fum
C. Finnegan - 1 TACK, 1 PASS DEF

Kicking:

R. Bironas - 2 FGA, 1 FGM, FG LONG = 47

P. Return:

C. Davis - 2 PR, 30 yds, LONG 28

K. Return :

C. Finnegan - 6 KR, 156 yds, LONG 28

Birdman02

GCQuinton said:
Birdman,

When's a good time for our Week 3 game?

Sorry, just saw this. I'm not sure what Sunday is going to be like cuz I got a lot of stuff to do. I'll post in here if it looks like I'm gonna be able to get any Madden time in. If not, how does Monday at like 8:30 central work for you?

EDIT: I went ahead and entered the Titan's stats.

GCQuinton

Birdman02 said:
Sorry, just saw this. I'm not sure what Sunday is going to be like cuz I got a lot of stuff to do. I'll post in here if it looks like I'm gonna be able to get any Madden time in. If not, how does Monday at like 8:30 central work for you?

EDIT: I went ahead and entered the Titan's stats.

That works for me. Send a PM when you're ready.

Birdman02

GCQuinton, I have to pick up my son at his grandparents tonight after work, but 8:30 central should still be good for me.

Yacobod, without going into any details, tcvr0d is having to deal with a very serious family problem right now and will probably be unavailable for the foreseeable future...we may have to consider finding a replacement for him, but I'd rather talk to him first to see if he wants to continue playing in the league.

AirBrian

Week 2 games left:

Tennessee (bonsevan) at Indianapolis (vumpler)...you two have no excuses! :p
Minnesota (SweetTea023) at Detroit (ChrisJames)...SweetTea023, where are you?
Chicago (AirBrian) at Green Bay (zackmoney)...zackmoney, when do you want to roll?

And :lol at DenogginizerOS's comment. :(

Birdman02

GG, man. My offense continues to be anemic, and Alex Smith can't wait to give the ball away right now. Normally, I may be able to work through that, but you completely shut down "The Tank".

And I swear, David Carr could've run through some of the holes your O-line was opening up.

GCQuinton

Birdman02 said:
GG, man. My offense continues to be anemic, and Alex Smith can't wait to give the ball away right now. Normally, I may be able to work through that, but you completely shut down "The Tank".

And I swear, David Carr could've run through some of the holes your O-line was opening up.

GG, man. My offense is getting better, but I was definitely forcing the ball with Carr at times so I had to go back to what was working. See ya again in Week 11!

Ramirez

Good game Yaco! I've never played with the Pats before, so I was struggling a bit to get my defense up to my Pitt standards. :p

yacobod

Banned
Ramirez said:
Good game Yaco! I've never played with the Pats before, so I was struggling a bit to get my defense up to my Pitt standards. :p

ya i've never used them before either, but i've faced them online quite a few times, hard to defend both receivers on the outside on long PAs

just my 3rd game using the chargers, i'm still adjusting to the 3-4 defense, i still havent found a good run defense, i guess i'm used to the 4-3

i'm playing like the chargers IRL, i'm struggling on offense lol

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
AirBrian said:
Let's go NFC North!

BTW, Week 3 is now OPEN! :D

EDIT: And bosevan and vumpler need to get their Week 2 game in as well.
Bons andI will get it in thursday. I can play mine today james if you're around.

vumpler said:
Bons andI will get it in thursday. I can play mine today james if you're around.

Yeah I can play tonight a little after the Indians/Tigers game, so around 10:30-11. Or I can play between 4-5:30 if you're around. All times are Eastern.

DCX

DCX
AirBrian said:
Are you getting it replaced? You might not actually miss that many games depending upon how long it takes for repair.
I'm working on a fix, i might miss a game. But the way the league is progressing, than maybe no games :)

DCX

Birdman02

DCX said:
I'm working on a fix, i might miss a game. But the way the league is progressing, than maybe no games :)

DCX

:( That's sad that you could get your 360 replaced and miss probably 1 game at most.

Smokey

I look forward to those awards AirB!

I can't get any personal recognition from my players b/c no 1 individual is really dominating when I play, it really is a team deal. In fact I got you next I think. We'll see if that Bears D can stump tha Schuab!!!:D

AirBrian

Smokey Bones said:
I look forward to those awards AirB!

I can't get any personal recognition from my players b/c no 1 individual is really dominating when I play, it really is a team deal. In fact I got you next I think. We'll see if that Bears D can stump tha Schuab!!!:D
That's right! You beat me in our pre-season game, but I've made some defensive adjustments (well, let's just say I brought out the camcorders!) so we'll see if it makes a difference! :p

Week 4 will open up tomorrow evening around 7 PM! Thanks to all of you players who are getting your games in! :)

Smokey

AirBrian said:
That's right! You beat me in our pre-season game, but I've made some defensive adjustments (well, let's just say I brought out the camcorders!) so we'll see if it makes a difference! :p

Week 4 will open up tomorrow evening around 7 PM! Thanks to all of you players who are getting your games in! :)

When you wanna run man???

Birdman02

DCX, you're my week 4 opponent. I assume we're going to have to play it after you get your 360 fixed....or were you able to get it working again?

Top Bottom