• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Madden Rookies Season 1 Official Thread: CFL, Watch Out!

Smokey

GG Air.

You brought it and I didn't. I wasn't focused at all tonite.

I dunno what it was. My receivers weren't catching anything at all and it snow balled from there.

I'm actually pretty pissed off right now, so I'm going to step away from the computer. Slowly.

AirBrian

Smokey Bones said:
GG Air.

You brought it and I didn't. I wasn't focused at all tonite.

I dunno what it was. My receivers weren't catching anything at all and it snow balled from there.

I'm actually pretty pissed off right now, so I'm going to step away from the computer. Slowly.
Yeah, your defense shut me down. TOP was your 16:58 to my 7:06! I got lucky with the two Vasher pick-sixes, but take those away and you had me. Un-Sexy only had 8 attempts, and Benson only had 9 attempts. Completely pathetic.

I also got lucky on some play-calling. I could not believe that punt hits the 5-yard line, bounces back to the 1-yard line, and then goes straight out of bounds. I figured you'd be bringing the house, so I took a chance and sent Berrian deep and got lucky on that 99-yard TD.

Same on defense too. I actually only called 2 blitz plays all game. Both ended up for timely sacks though. Anyhow, just like in real life, the D saved my butt.

Smokey

AirBrian said:
Yeah, your defense shut me down. TOP was your 16:58 to my 7:06! I got lucky with the two Vasher pick-sixes, but take those away and you had me. Un-Sexy only had 8 attempts, and Benson only had 9 attempts. Completely pathetic.

I also got lucky on some play-calling. I could not believe that punt hits the 5-yard line, bounces back to the 1-yard line, and then goes straight out of bounds. I figured you'd be bringing the house, so I took a chance and sent Berrian deep and got lucky on that 99-yard TD.

Same on defense too. I actually only called 2 blitz plays all game. Both ended up for timely sacks though. Anyhow, just like in real life, the D saved my butt.

You burned me pretty good on that goal line play, and I new it was coming but I didn't adjust that safety quick enough.

I was passing the ball and Schuab was David Carr like. You def. stumped him Overthrowing the ball like crazy.

Your D played a hell of a game. I'm just pissed off b/c I'm a highly competitive person and you whooped my ass:lol.

Time to get back in the lab and work on some things!!

Smokey

AirBrian said:
:lol No worries. Did you at least get to play on your new TV?

No. I went there ready to buy the Sony A3000, and I went and looked at the Pioneer plasma which I have my heart set on..and couldn't do it. The Pio is the best freakin' thing I've ever seen.

The price is $3,400 for the 50'' 720p version, but good god it looks amazing. The 50 1080p version(which I really want) is $5,000 at best buy. :(. I don't really want any other TV though. I feel if I got that I would be set for a very very long time so I couldn't get the Sony. The Sony kicks ass too, but I really want the Pio.

Probably a sign though. I took my whoopin on a Sony 30'' HD CRT rather than 50''. I dunno how many pics of Schuab I could take rendered in such glorious 1080p at 7 ft away from my face.

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
Grrr my xbox just froze up on the stats screen after i wrote down the QB stats. I tried to change it to RB and it froze up. Umm.. It was highly uneventful anyway I think i had 20 yards rushing the whole game lol.

GG Vumpler.

We had no offensive TD's in the game. We each had 3 FG's, but the difference was a pick6 for him. To top it all off, I was down by 4 with ~2 min. to go and fumbled the ball on a punt return, then a few plays later I get a fumble return for a TD off of him, but the replay show's it wasn't a fumble :(

Cruel and unusual punishment from Madden is no fun.

Slo

AirBrian asked me to play a couple games with the Vikings since the owner is corn flakes. I don't have time to fully take over the team and commit to the league, but if anybody was counting on a free win against the Vikes to make the playoffs, hit me up. I'm usually available after 8:00 PM Central. Gamertag is SloGrind.

If any of the other leaguers want to share the Vikes with me to keep the league going, that'd be great.

GCQuinton

ChrisJames said:
Another game, another tough loss.

GG GCQuinton, you shut me down after halftime and I couldn't stop the run.

GG, man. You took advantage of every stupid pass I was throwing earlier on with your D. Kris Jenkins running that fumble back was crazy :lol

AirBrian

Thanks, Slo!

Everyone is getting much better about getting the games in now. Week 1 was pretty long, but things are starting to roll. Two teams seem to be flaking: Vikings and Green Bay, so if Wellington or Rorschach wants to take those over permanently, just let me know. The Patriots owner will be back, but probably not until Monday/Tuesday, so Ramirez, if you want to take over the Vikings or Green Bay, let me know. It's up to you guys, there are three volunteers for two teams, so it's whatever you three want to do.

variance

It seems as if my week 3 matchup is nowhere to be seen, so I'm ready for week 4, Andokuky, if you are. Any point tonight would be best for me, if not we'll have to work something out.

AirBrian

variance said:
It seems as if my week 3 matchup is nowhere to be seen, so I'm ready for week 4, Andokuky, if you are. Any point tonight would be best for me, if not we'll have to work something out.
Yeah, Green Bay is one of the two teams MIA. You can hit up Wellington or Rorschach to play with them.

Andokuky

Banned
variance said:

free now if you want to play

Rorschach

AirBrian said:
Thanks, Slo!

Everyone is getting much better about getting the games in now. Week 1 was pretty long, but things are starting to roll. Two teams seem to be flaking: Vikings and Green Bay, so if Wellington or Rorschach wants to take those over permanently, just let me know. The Patriots owner will be back, but probably not until Monday/Tuesday, so Ramirez, if you want to take over the Vikings or Green Bay, let me know. It's up to you guys, there are three volunteers for two teams, so it's whatever you three want to do.
I'll take the Petersons or the Donald Drivers. Who has the better record? XD

Rorschach

I'll take the lower rated Minny! Eat it, Slo!

[edit] Pending approval, ChrisJames and ZachMoney get at me. :] I'll be home most of today. Went to a concert and a party last night...got home a few hrs ago and don't feel like leaving the house at all... :p

Rorschach

AirBrian said:
Welcome, Rorschach!

BTW, we have a Week 3 game to play. Will you be around late tonight or tomorrow?
Yup. The only hole is 8-9PDT. I scheduled a game with fifty. I'll probably be up real late and I live on the West coast. ^^

Ramirez

The Pats feel like borderline cheese sometimes and it makes me feel dirty, but then I throw three picks per game and it balances out. :(

Rorschach

Airbrian: my internet went out, so I couldn't play my game with fifty, but I'm about to play it now. Would you still be up for a game after?

Slo

I completely understand Ror. After all, most of the Vikes 2007 roster will be playing for the Raiders sooner or later, after rehabbing from serious injuries of course. Keep practicing and I'm sure you'll be a beast in Madden 2011!

Rorschach

Slo said:
I completely understand Ror. After all, most of the Vikes 2007 roster will be playing for the Raiders sooner or later, after rehabbing from serious injuries of course. Keep practicing and I'm sure you'll be a beast in Madden 2011!
...sooooo...how'd Napoleon Harris work out for you guys? :p

AirBrian said:
Sorry, Rorschach. I completely crashed last night. Let me know what's a good time for you today.
Whenever you want to go. I don't sleep!

[edit] Contact me on AIM.

AirBrian

GG, Rors. AP. He's very good.

Here are the 1Q stats:

T-Jack: 22 yards, 3/4 attempts

AP: 36 yards, 6 attempts, 1 fumble
C. Taylor: 12 yards, 1 attempt, 1 TD

AP: 9 yards, 1 reception, 7 YAC
Wade: 19 yards, 1 reception, 0 YAC

And your kicker had an XP.

Man, I could not stop AP for the life of me. I'd stick 7 or 8 in the box and AP would dance right though them. His moves are freakin' nuts!

And I'm not even going to talk about my offense (or lack there of). :( Thanks for the butt-whooping!

Top Bottom