• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Madden Season 10 Official Thread: I want you back for good!

SickBoy

I third the injuries comment. It seems like every othergame a red-zone collision (mostly in that part of the field) results in an injury.

DCX

DCX
SickBoy said:
I third the injuries comment. It seems like every othergame a red-zone collision (mostly in that part of the field) results in an injury.
We can play our pre season game sometime today. Whats a good time for you?

DCX

BirdBomb

Banned
we're already playing without cone...

injuries arent a problem so long as you pull guys out when they are getting tired.

Malleymal said:
Yea speaking of games!

I am not waiting on CP so lets play our preseason game...

and Wells, I am with you... since injuries dont carry over, i say F them

Portis gets injured every other play. Anyways damn I completely forgot about the fantasy league draft. Hopefully my team isnt utter crap...

SickBoy

I thought you played pretty good, all things considered. I couldn't stop your ground game at the end there...

BTW, I thought that INT you returned for a TD was a perfect example of bad Madden 08. I don't think I could have pressed the button any lighter (maybe I'm wrong), but he threw it awfully low... and that was one hell of an athletic play (and amazing reaction) by the corner, since he was beaten baaaaad. Can be frustrating when you make the obvious read and get punished for it.

FrenchMovieTheme said:
that is the first lag i've heard of for the past few days. don't EA! DO NOT!

Hopefully it was just a bad connection. It was playable, just stuttery almost throughout and unresponsive at times (kickers and play-callers am cry -- I called at least three or four audibles because I pressed, say, left and A and it didn't go left, but the button press registered, or it would go two plays to the left). Oddly, even navigating menus after the game was over seemed less responsive than "offline" menus.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Ive played games with Dm,Malley,Ram and Lonestar and have had no lag.All the games have lasted 4 quarters....SUCK ON THAT APF! I knew it wasnt my connection.

GG Birdbomb! Talk about an ugly turnover drenched game...glad I got the win! Now its time for real life to imitate art!! Cmon Cowboys!!

BirdBomb

Banned
i loved how every time i tried to run the ball, 2-3 cowboys lineman would automatically be in the backfield. and when i passed, i had all day. that sounds about right for the denver broncos line! gg, all that play action was killing me even though i wasnt commiting run. i have no idea how to stop the run in this game. that ware pick to end the game was incredible though.. looked like he got about a 10 foot vertical :D

daw840

Jube3 said:
Ill be on tonight (on right now too), if you're qbert my bad keep missing your messages. GT Ayo Jube

No worries, I will look for you online tonight, but if we don't hook up, I can get on anytime tomorrow.

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
mrbob2k1 if you ever check these forums we play preseason week 1. jason1nk is my contact on AIM...

Slo said:
Damnitmattt? When's good for you? Tonight sometime? I don't think I'm going out.

I'm not sure what you're talking about. I was assigned the Saints by FMT a while back and I've been signed into LeagueDaddy for a few days now.

I've been out of town all weekend, but I'm back on Tuesday in time for an all-Madden, all the time week (and Bioshock, of course).

Also, everyone, it's dammitmattt!!!!

EDIT: Sorry, Slo. I thought you were talking about a game to have the Saints :D . I'll be around late Monday night and for the rest of the week so we'll get our game in.

EDIT2: I see that I'm also assigned my team on the site, so all is good!!!

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
League wont start till early sept? what?

When did FMT say that?

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Well I had my first online game without his Vickness and it didn't go too well. I'm very used to having Vick's rocket arm and well Joey doesn't quite have the arm power. If Joey had a weapon symbol under him it would be a noodle. :)

Who's next.

Striker

Truelize said:
Well I had my first online game without his Vickness and it didn't go too well. I'm very used to having Vick's rocket arm and well Joey doesn't quite have the arm power. If Joey had a weapon symbol under him it would be a noodle. :)

Who's next.
:lol Joey

GG True!

It is still weird using a left-handed QB, though. Edge did pretty well for me. Our game would have been closer hadn't you left Fitzgerald open. :p

sabeholics,

My info is:

Striker029 (gamertag)
Toth029 (AIM screen)

Hop on it, buster!

Matrix

True,want to play a game?

I'll be in east lobby 2 if you do,now's your chance to beat me,I f-ing suck right now.

edit- guess not,off to sleep I go.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Sorry True, I was too close to that 4 TD pass achievement to let it go.

GG's True and DCX.

I am finally getting down an offensive rhythm. Having two power backs is very nice for wearing out defenses throughout the game, then in the fourth quarter, it's ownage time.

Also, please don't taunt me.

bluemax

Banned
Anyone have tips on using elusive backs?

Also wtf is up with my O Line. I played DM in a friendly match and they got demolished by Tampa. On like second and 2 I'd try to do short passes to the flats and Rivers would get sacked right after I hiked.

Gotta work on not throwing into triple coverage, otherwise my passing attack is much improved :/

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Wellington said:
Sorry True, I was too close to that 4 TD pass achievement to let it go.

GG's True and DCX.

I am finally getting down an offensive rhythm. Having two power backs is very nice for wearing out defenses throughout the game, then in the fourth quarter, it's ownage time.

Also, please don't taunt me.

Ah that's what you were doing? Totally shocked me cause you (like me) get pretty pissed at that stuff. But I'm very proud of you that you wanted that achievement.
"Yes, yes, give in to it. Feel the addiction run through you."

And you better not be making the "don't taunt me" remark towards me. Cause as soon as my left thumb slipped a bit on my controller I KNEW you would think it was some kinda crap. That is what you are talking about isn't it? Isn't it?

If so I think we got our one single non league game in this year. There is no way I'm gonna be part of some drama with you again. :)

bluemax said:
Anyone have tips on using elusive backs?

I've had some success with running outside with Dunn. Push up on the hit stick and you will elude some tackles. If you are running into a WALL weapon or a BIG HITTER then hold the cover button. If they are normal defenders go at them. There is a reason he is the highest rated player in the game.

And run guts and leads, don't turbo until you've spotted a hole.

bluemax

Banned
Truelize said:
I've had some success with running outside with Dunn. Push up on the hit stick and you will elude some tackles. If you are running into a WALL weapon or a BIG HITTER then hold the cover button. If they are normal defenders go at them. There is a reason he is the highest rated player in the game.

And run guts and leads, don't turbo until you've spotted a hole.

Yeah I've been trying to get to the outside but not getting the blocking I need. Stretches and pitches are not anywhere near as effective in this game as they were in NCAA (FMT lied to me!). I have 3 guys with crushing run blocking on my o line, and my full back has it too and yet it still seems that I have trouble getting to the corner.

I use the highlight stick but I wonder if its negated by me pressing cover ball. LT doesn't seem to slip as many tackles as he should. Could be that everyone hits him with the hitstick and causes him to go flying.

I'll try working on my turbo usage I guess.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
Anyone looking to get some practice in hit me online... also How do i save my online ring... I get a new piece of it and then its gone next time i log in

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Malleymal said:
Anyone looking to get some practice in hit me online... also How do i save my online ring... I get a new piece of it and then its gone next time i log in

I thought the rings were attached to your profile. Online and offline combined. Are you saving your profile before you shut down?

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
Malleymal said:
:lol same here. I had the first ring and then all the sudden I don't lol.

BirdBomb

Banned
wish we you could view replays online.. would love to see how surtain made that last pick, looked like he fucking teleported :lol

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
patrick_surtain.jpg

:lol

Top Bottom