• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Madden Season 10 Official Thread: I want you back for good!

BirdBomb said:
that sounds lame as hell... did you just really, really suck on offense or did he milk the clock? i dont want to deal with that kind of boredom.

Ehh both. He just kept running the ball up the middle, getting 5-7 yards each time, but he was definitely milking the clock once we got to the second half. I don't think I got a single first down, so I can only blame myself I guess.

No hard feelings or anything. He won, plain and simple.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
CB,I'll be free to play our pre-season game after 9 pm eastern tonight.

Heres a question FMT,do vets or do any of us really need to play pre-season games if we dont want to? Id say over 90% of us are reliable and it just seems like a waste of time to have to write down stats for games that dont mean poop.

Dont take that as me being scared of playing you CB :p

Zep

Banned
Matrix said:
Heres a question FMT,do vets or do any of us really need to play pre-season games if we dont want to? Id say over 90% of us are reliable and it just seems like a waste of time to have to write down stats for games that dont mean poop.

pretty much...i dont feel like taking stats. lets get this show rollllllllin

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Not like I can do either game. First game is the Titans....and no one is the Titans. Then the second game is the "Just as Owner-less" Oakland Raiders :p

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
Big Zep said:
pretty much...i dont feel like taking stats. lets get this show rollllllllin
Agreed bobs availability and mine doesn't work out to well either. And I'm available almost always lol. He's busy until Wednesday so eh lets start this pony show!

vets no you don't need to take preseason stats. i just have a preseason so people can enter stats if they're new (so they know what the details are) or to get used to the game in general.

congrats on your win denog! while i didn't see the game and have only read those few comments, please note that clock milking outside of the 4th going for it in on 4th down in the 1st qtr aren't tolerated in league play and would qualify for an automatic loss. i'm not saying you did these things, again i dont know what happened in the game, just putting it out there.

you can have the jets as far as i'm concerned.

also, livewire: yes, 1 out of 10 games of APF were sim ball. but take a look at some of the league stats and scores. come on dude.... michael irvin AVERAGING like 30 yards a catch? like 8 RB's on pace for 2500 yards? what?

CP: oh please show me a player who got 10 sacks on you. because if someone actually got 10 sacks on you with 1 player i want to either congratulate that person on being the greatest defensive playcaller ever or i want to extend an offering of help to you as i have met the worst human controlled QB i've ever met in madden. i've seen 10 sacks in a game, as a team, before (not in this years version, but in madden 2002 or something) but never with one player :D

Rorschach

Lonestar said:
Not like I can do either game. First game is the Titans....and no one is the Titans. Then the second game is the "Just as Owner-less" Oakland Raiders :p
Now I know what Al Davis feels like. :'(

Fifty

Matrix, that game we played last night was such bullshit! I thought we said no manual line cheese? Seriously dude, if you pull that again I'm going to go apeshit. Yes, McNair got injured and I can't scramble like I used to in the 2K days with Ky-Bol but that doesn't mean you have to try to go out of your way to sack whitey like he's a shipment of potatoes. This is your last warning.

vumpler

Bonsevan would still die to be the titans. He just got divorced and has tons of time :D He has madden and we play a couple times a day so I think its a perfect fit if there isn't a titans player. He played all his games and on time as the ravens.

Fifty said:
that doesn't mean you have to try to go out of your way to sack whitey like he's a shipment of potatoes. This is your last warning.
What does this mean exactly? As in a warning that you're going to own him from now on? If he's blitzing you that hard he's leaving the whole field open for exploitation. Sounds like you should have not warned him and just raped him until he stops blitzing.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
lmao :lol :lol @ Fifty

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Slo said:
Are the Jets your "home" team?

I live in NC but lived in the northeast for half of my life. I cheer for them and the Falcons. I am a bit of a mut when it comes to hometowns. But if you are asking me if they are a team I follow then the answer is yes.

vumpler

FrenchMovieTheme said:
many people (and by many, i think i mean 4) have expressed concern over the use of DE's in the league. i will look into this "problem"
I'm curious about this as well. I have arguably the best DE in the league on my team and I can't do balls with him. Not that I've really tried because MLB is kind of my nitch but eh i would like to see what people are doing since the only move they let you use in this game is LB... We aren't allowed to line them up off the LOS so I'm definitely out of the loop on said cheese.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
There is no "problem" with using DEs in game. I use a freakin' future hall of famer, and when I get a sack I have to work for it. Only time it's nice and clean is when it is a PA rollout that I don't bite on.

The only real problem with the lines is the stupid spread line shit that has been going on for years. Slide protection solved it last gen, but it's a problem this generation again. Ridiculous, IMO.

Edit: What Vumpler said. I could see a problem if it's Freeney and the guy is fast as shit, but there's only like two guys in the league like that.

Matrix

Guys that dont get Fiftys humor or history here,he was just f-ing around :p

We used to play like 2 to 3 games of Madden/NBA 2K games everyday,now he doesnt play and I dont believe he even owns Madden 08 :(

edit- CB you still around to play this worthless pre-season game?

Matrix

Yea I can,I have a few things I need to do.

Meet me in east lobby two around 6 pm eastern time?

Matrix

:lol

Ok,im going on.

Ramirez

Wellington said:
There is no "problem" with using DEs in game. I use a freakin' future hall of famer, and when I get a sack I have to work for it. Only time it's nice and clean is when it is a PA rollout that I don't bite on.

The only real problem with the lines is the stupid spread line shit that has been going on for years. Slide protection solved it last gen, but it's a problem this generation again. Ridiculous, IMO.

Edit: What Vumpler said. I could see a problem if it's Freeney and the guy is fast as shit, but there's only like two guys in the league like that.

Pretty much what many people have voiced complaints on I'm sure. I'm not singling anyone out, but I have seen the linemen A.I. literally just let DE's that are user controlled just go by them without the slightest resistance! It's happened many times, not just in one game to me.

Be a man, play a LB/Safety! :p It's totally doable, how hard is it to sit in one little zone with a LB, or cover a HB/FB in the flats?

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
that was a hell of a game matrix :lol

Pretty much what many people have voiced complaints on I'm sure. I'm not singling anyone out, but I have seen the linemen A.I. literally just let DE's that are user controlled just go by them without the slightest resistance! It's happened many times, not just in one game to me.

Be a man, play a LB/Safety! :p It's totally doable, how hard is it to sit in one little zone with a LB, or cover a HB/FB in the flats?

agreed

Matrix

That is was,I should have just gone for the W instead of playing for OT.I knew as soon as you won the coin toss I lost.

The game didnt mean anything,oh well...man a couple of times we both had some awful mental breakdowns on D and gave up huge ass plays.

Vum,can you give me 30 mins and then ill meet you in east lobby 2 and you can kick my ass.

vumpler

Matrix said:

That is was,I should have just gone for the W instead of playing for OT.I knew as soon as you won the coin toss I lost.

The game didnt mean anything,oh well...man a couple of times we both had some awful mental breakdowns on D and gave up huge ass plays.

Vum,can you give me 30 mins and then ill meet you in east lobby 2 and you can kick my ass.
yeah i can give you 30 but the ass kicking will completely be from the other side. I blow goats at this game.

Matrix

I blow bigger goats,I gave up 40 to the Lions :( Then again im the shitty Texans,but ughhhh I stink.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Ramirez said:

Problem is that the lineman on the other side of Mike Strahan, Osi, gets probably twice as many sacks as I do. And on top of that, I've also seen the linemen on the strong side come through clean when no one was controlling them.

Why not play LB or safety? Why don't you play corner? Why should I let everyone else play their own strength and not play mine? Everyone I have played against has seen me stop the run, rush the passer, and drop into coverage, so it's not a one dimensional position or skill.

So if you guys play cornerback, I will play LB or safety. Deal?

Matrix

I swear I got into this arguement with you Ck like 4 Madden seasons ago :lol

DRAMA!

Man is must be me aging but I dont care about the way anyone plays anymore,I just want to have an enjoyable game win or lose.

Ramirez

If we play CB? Are you shitting me? Stupid argument as the camera doesn't even really allow you to see well enough in those areas.

I'd rather the cpu blow through, than to have to wonder to myself if the person was doing something that basically gives him a free ride through the line. But I mean w/e, it's up to FMT, but I think playing line on anything other than a crucial down is a little bit of a cop out.

Also, don't make it so personal, I haven't played you in years, I said I wasn't singling anyone out, I've seen it in many game against different opponents. :p

On a funner note, anyone want to play?

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Matrix said:
I swear I got into this arguement with you Ck like 4 Madden seasons ago :lol

DRAMA!

Man is must be me aging but I dont care about the way anyone plays anymore,I just want to have an enjoyable game win or lose.
I saved that one, don't make me use it!

Matrix

Vum,im in east lobby 2 now.

:lol Ck

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Btw, holy hell Calvin Johnson is a BEAST. The Roy Williams/Calvin Johnson/Mike Furrey Combo is fucking insane. The Lions defense is shady at best though. Guess im gonna have to do it colts style this season

Matrix

GG Vum.

Wtf is with all these close games for me,heart attack type shit.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Wellington said:
Problem is that the lineman on the other side of Mike Strahan, Osi, gets probably twice as many sacks as I do. And on top of that, I've also seen the linemen on the strong side come through clean when no one was controlling them.

Why not play LB or safety? Why don't you play corner? Why should I let everyone else play their own strength and not play mine? Everyone I have played against has seen me stop the run, rush the passer, and drop into coverage, so it's not a one dimensional position or skill.

So if you guys play cornerback, I will play LB or safety. Deal?

I didn't notice you getting to Joey at anytime that you shouldn't have (me holding the ball too long etc..).

I have a horrible QB and I really haven't been sacked that many times so far. I throw at my receivers feet a lot though. :)

Matrix: you around for a game? Might as well get a warmup one.
Or anyone else? Hit me on AIM.

daw840

Jube, if you are online tonight I will be available from now until about 10pm Pacific Time (1 am EST).....just post a reply as to when you will be on and I will turn the 360 on

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
daw840 said:
Jube, if you are online tonight I will be available from now until about 10pm Pacific Time (1 am EST).....just post a reply as to when you will be on and I will turn the 360 on

He's on now.

Top Bottom