• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Madden Season 10 Official Thread: I want you back for good!

Rorschach

Fifty said:
Touche.

SickBoy said:
Jumping the gun a bit, aren't you? Every AFC contender could finish 8-8...
I thought that playoff teams got worse spots than non-playoff teams. I'll probably finish 8-8, but I won't make the playoffs. I've been on a funk of epic proportions and if either you or Konex win another game (very likely), I'm out for sure.

A spot in the teens would be nice. :D

LJ11

Wellie, the "new girl" is free today if you want to get our game in. Just let me know which day/time works for you.

Slo

tim_meadows_the_ladies_man_002.jpg

daw840

JESUS CHRIST FIFTY, STEVE MCBOOB RAN FOR 5 ATTEMPTS AND 59 YDS??????????

I can't seem to even scramble behind the line without getting sacked, let alone run with him. He seems to be slow as shit for me.

Have you decided if you are going to take the Ravens next season if you get the oppurtunity?

Fifty

:lol :lol After running for 1000+ yards with Vince Young, I can't get it out of my system that the QB is not a RB. Actually, it wasn't that bad because they were all pass-first plays where I simply had no one open and I just made the most of it. The funniest thing was that on 4/5 runs, I didn't run out of bounds of slide, but instead took the hit and just like Vince Young, held on to the ball! Old Man Mcnair is slow as hell, but I had tons of space, and the Steelers D line isn't exactly Carolina's in terms of speed.

I don't know if I'll use my beloved Ravens next season. We'll see how I do in game 2, and what teams are on the board. I'd like to have a passing game...and I'm not sold on Willis' running in Madden, despite his high ratings.

Fifty

Teams that have 4 games remaining:

Detroit (CB)
Green Bay (Greg)
Atlanta (Truelize)
Seattle (Lonestar)

Everyone else has 3 or less remaining. We're in good shape overall but if people on this list can play it'd be great and we'd be closer to the playoffs/ season 2 draft. No need to get defensive if you're one of these people..and don't give me shit for trying to move the league along. I'm on your side!

bluemax

Banned
Andokuky said:
If you're around Tuesday night I should be free to play our game bluemax. That or Wednesday.

Wednesday it will have to be. I have CB tonight and Rors Tuesday. I can't really afford more than one per weekdays with my school load at the moment.

SickBoy

What's the deadline on Zep? Just curious, 'cause I'd like to know who I'm playing (and I'd rather play him).... but no rush. I'm back at work for the week, and it's another late week for me, so my schedule continues to be worse than usual and it'll probably be at least a day or two before I can work out a time with someone...

Also, just so league folks know (for next season, I guess) I'm back to earlier shifts (but still evening shifts, as always) in a few weeks, I think. Assuming that happens, my days off will shift, so there should be at least one weekday where I'm very available -- probably Mondays. I think it'll make scheduling a bit easier, although I guess I've managed to squeeze in 14 games already with my cruddy schedule (thanks to all my opponents on that front!)

Fifty

FMT said we'd wait till today or tomorrow to hear from Zep. I'll let him address that.

Just played my second game with the Ravens. Beat Ramirez, finally. I got lots of luck with my players playing zone great and especially recovering every fumble my offensive players had. My punting is shit, I need to work on that going into next season. The key to winning with this Ravens team is to put up hardly any yards and bore your opponent to death. That's why I might not pick them in S2 ;)

Ramirez

86 total yards of offense for my opponent and I lost, love it.

I still say this game has some kind of system it uses for INT frequency, he threw just as many horrible passes as I did, yet the ball just bounces off 3 defenders and no on catches it, meanwhile his defense knew the routes better than my WRs.

LukeSmith

Fifty said:
FMT said we'd wait till today or tomorrow to hear from Zep. I'll let him address that.

Just played my second game with the Ravens. Beat Ramirez, finally. I got lots of luck with my players playing zone great and especially recovering every fumble my offensive players had. My punting is shit, I need to work on that going into next season. The key to winning with this Ravens team is to put up hardly any yards and bore your opponent to death. That's why I might not pick them in S2 ;)

No, that was your third game with the Ravens. You remember what I did to your Ravens yesterday.:D
and I used your Titans, even

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Guess what fellows, I got home, turned on my 360, and I get sound but no video. Checked all the cables, nothing. Switched to a different TV, nothing. Bought new A/V cables, nothing. Checked all connections again, nothing.

I'm waiting until my brother gets home, as he is more technically inclined than I, before pronouncing it dead.

Great timing.

bluemax

Banned
I don't know if I get my Power Rankings video.

Oh wait, I think I got to the part of the song that makes it all clear.

Never mind then.

DCX

DCX
Wellington said:
Guess what fellows, I got home, turned on my 360, and I get sound but no video. Checked all the cables, nothing. Switched to a different TV, nothing. Bought new A/V cables, nothing. Checked all connections again, nothing.

I'm waiting until my brother gets home, as he is more technically inclined than I, before pronouncing it dead.

Great timing.
I call the Giants :p For real though, that sucks...MS has really out donw themselves with the 360 in more ways than one.

DCX

Wellington said:

Great timing.

damn man that sucks, it was going to be a great game too. I love the 360 and all, but damn they have a lot of problems.

Slo

Wellington said:

Great timing.

Bullshit. You're just ducking LJ11! I saw this shit coming!

Edit: But seriously, that sucks man. Are you going to pick up another one quickly? Call for a coffin, and then eBay it as soon as you get it back?

Rorschach

Wellington said:

Great timing.
Sorry to say it, but I think it's probably dead. That's what happened to my second box. It would only give me sound if I used the SD cables and switched it to SD. Do you have an hdtv? Check the back and see if that little switch is in the right position. If it is, you may be boned. Btw- a temporary fix that I found was unplugging it completely and resting it upside down for a couple of hrs. It only works until you turn it off, though.

You could also try beating the shit out of it. :p

Call for the coffin (or do it online) right now even if you think you might not need it. The earlier you call, the faster you get the coffin.

bluemax

Banned
I swear CB is cheating. Kitna is 9-10 for 150 yards and Kevan Jones is averaging 8 YPC and has 3 TDs.

He scored on every drive in the first half.

Fifty

Cold has the best recievers in the league, other than the Pats..sure his QB is average at best, but it's about time he starts making plays to his WRs! 2 Legit! 2 Legit 2 Quit!

bluemax

Banned
Fifty said:
Cold has the best recievers in the league, other than the Pats..sure his QB is average at best, but it's about time he starts making plays to his WRs! 2 Legit! 2 Legit 2 Quit!

I'm more upset that Kevan Jones is a one man wrecking crew today and that his O Line seems to be godly.

Also on my first pass attempt Phillip Rivers wouldn't throw the ball.

Tatum Bell 9 yards on third down. The Chargers just quit on me today or something.

Slo

bluemax said:
I'm more upset that Kevan Jones is a one man wrecking crew today and that his O Line seems to be godly.

Also on my first pass attempt Phillip Rivers wouldn't throw the ball.

Tatum Bell 9 yards on third down. The Chargers just quit on me today or something.

I say we kick him out of the league and replay all his games!

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
KJ still had his annual fumble in the first quarter. EA still wanted me to lose like always!

bluemax

Banned
Slo said:
I say we kick him out of the league and replay all his games!

Haha, nah. Madden just didn't want me to be in the game today/CB out played me by far. The only remotely positive thing that happened was Rivers went 10/15 passing. What a horrific mess that was for me. I have no answers.

LukeSmith

Slo said:
Tonight. The man keeps ducking me. He's scared of getting TJacked.

I wish, especially with how close the playoff race has been, that EA would've let us watch the games, or at least watch them on Gamecast.

Rorschach

Funny that every other EA Sports game this year gets something similar and/or leagues, but their main sports franchise gets the cold shoulder. They better have something for us next year.

DMczaf

Rorschach said:
Funny that every other EA Sports game this year gets something similar and/or leagues, but their main sports franchise gets the cold shoulder. They better have something for us next year.

Tiburon has said they are working on online franchises for Madden 09. 'Online franchises' are their words, so they are more than just regular leagues.

I just hope they have a website for their leagues, I'm addicted to leaguedaddy :(

Fifty

If I had a choice between spectator mode and online franchises I'd choose spectator mode. Stats entering only takes 10 mins max per game now and to be able to watch playoff games with other people while laughing at the stupid decisions people make would be priceless. Trading wouldn't be that big of a deal because trades are such a minor part of the real NFL.

DMczaf

Fifty said:
If I had a choice between spectator mode and online franchises I'd choose spectator mode. Stats entering only takes 10 mins max per game now and to be able to watch playoff games with other people while laughing at the stupid decisions people make would be priceless. Trading wouldn't be that big of a deal because trades are such a minor part of the real NFL.

What if they are able to get the offseason mode of Madden's Franchise Mode online. Where we draft, sign free agents, etc.

I'm dreaming here, but just imagine!

LukeSmith

Fifty said:

I agree with this 100%

DMczaf

Sadly, they already said no to spectators mode next year :(

No FMT, you can't watch my games to learn how to stop Alex The Real Deal Smith!

http://www.pastapadre.com/forum/showthread.php?t=139

Formation specific depth charts? 09

Smart routes and smart zones? 09

The radio announcer you know everyone hates him are we going to see him again in 09? No

Are there any plans for a revamp in the area of presentation? Yup

Then he brought up a new possible feature to help make a QB’s awareness mean more for user controlled QB’s. He asked what I thought about it and we discussed how it could work. The feature would be that QB’s with high awareness ratings will have this pocket presence type thing. (Or pocket presence would be an all new rating in itself) In basic theory “pocket presence” (that’s what I will call it for this article) would mean that the controller would start to shake when your QB started to feel the pressure. P.Manning would have excellent pocket presence, but a rookie QB like J.Russell not so much.

-Online Leagues & Online Franchises- I asked Ian what where some of the biggest issues and areas of interest for Madden 09. The first thing out of his mouth was online and presentation. Due to the natural progression of the game we should expect a major jumps in those two areas for next years game. We spoke quite a bit about online and I tried to convey the fact of how important it is to have a dedicated website. Full stat tracking, online sliders, etc........ One thing that we might not see for a while is spectator mode. Apparently that feature is a real b&tch to program so don't expect it anytime soon.

Ian asked me which one did I think was more important I replied leagues. They have to be fully featured and work right there really is no point to have an online franchise if its buggy as hell. We continued talk about online and how important it is to have a large feature set. (But they are going to look at doing online franchises first because if you can do a franchise online then you can most definitely do a league. D.Ortiz brought up this point later on in the day)

Ortiz came into the room and immediately jumped on the sticks with everyone.
I walked over introduced my self and asked him whats the big ticket item for Madden 09. In a heart beat he replied online franchises (then there was a long pause by everyone in ear shot of this) online franchises thats right. He actually brought it up before we did. (He said isn't that what you guys want)So we continued to talk and he expressed the need for a revamped online system and online franchises. I asked him what about online leagues and he replied if we can get online franchises in there we can get leagues in there as well.

Top Bottom