• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Madden Season 10 Official Thread: I want you back for good!

Andokuky

Banned
Thanks Ravens, home field! :D Maybe I will win a playoff game this season.

I would take online franchise over spectator any day of the week, especially if they get the trades and free agency and draft in there. That would be insane.

Fifty said:
If I had a choice between spectator mode and online franchises I'd choose spectator mode. Stats entering only takes 10 mins max per game now and to be able to watch playoff games with other people while laughing at the stupid decisions people make would be priceless. Trading wouldn't be that big of a deal because trades are such a minor part of the real NFL.

If i had a choice between those two modes and them just fixing the fucking gameplay i'd choose fixing the fucking gameplay. They can start with making it so the QB getting sacked and fumbling the ball before the handoff happens one time in a billion plays. Nothing like flushing away a drive because of that bullshit.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Luke,I'll be free to get my ass kicked after MNF is over.

DMczaf

MrBob proves his Super Bowl victory is a fluke again. He's going to miss the playoffs, and he hasn't made the playoffs SINCE that SB win :lol

LukeSmith

DMczaf said:
MrBob proves his Super Bowl victory is a fluke again. He's going to miss the playoffs, and he hasn't made the playoffs SINCE that SB win :lol

Well, on the bright side, maybe the Bears will be available when Bob picks for season 2.

I'm come to terms that I'll be playing in a wild card game for the playoffs....I'm tired of looking up and seeing Wellington win repeatedly crushing my dream of the division title.

ChrisJames, where you at baby?!??!?

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
LukeSmith said:
Aight, I am hard cumming after the Freeney safety.

:lol

Dont get like that after you sack Schaub a few times.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Shawnwhann said:
I'm come to terms that I'll be playing in a wild card game for the playoffs....I'm tired of looking up and seeing Wellington win repeatedly crushing my dream of the division title.

ChrisJames, where you at baby?!??!?
You better stop looking up and look down at Sable before you guys play.

Wellington said:
You better stop looking up and look down at Sable before you guys play.

meh no need, i've come to terms that i'll be sitting this playoffs out. Him and slo will destroy me and ill be out (assuming im not already out if zeps replacement goes undefeated).

Matrix

Man I was just thinking,I cant let Konex win this divison with the cpu doing all the dirty work for him.I have to play you straight up and go all out to win,I just hope some fumbles go your way :p

Or I can beat Konex in the final game of the season.

guys i opened the final week as well so everyone is able to complete their games in a timely manner (i see a lot of people playing and waiting for the week to be open).

i will still be doing awards/PR!

Mrbob

Saber, I know you are going to help me out in the next game friend!

I will redeem myself before this season is over!

Self motivation time!

Try to be best
‘Cause you’re only a man
And a man’s gotta learn to take it

Try to believe
Though the going gets rough
That you gotta hang tough to make it

History repeats itself
Try and you’ll succeed

Never doubt that you’re the one
And you can have your dreams!

You’re the best!
Around!
Nothing’s gonna ever keep you down
You’re the Best!
Around!
You’re the Best!
Around!
Nothing’s gonna ever keep you dow-ow-ow-ow-own

Fight ‘til the end
Cause your life will depend
On the strength that you have inside you

Ah you gotta be proud
starin’ out in the cloud
When the odds in the game defy you

Try your best to win them all
and one day time will tell
when you’re the one that’s standing there
you’ll reach the final bell!

You’re the best!
Around!
You’re the Best!
Around!
You’re the Best!
Around!
Nothing’s gonna ever keep you dow-ow-ow-ho-how-ho-own

INSPIRING GUITAR SOLO

You’re the best!
Around!
You’re the Best!
Around!
You’re the Best!
Around!
Nothing’s gonna ever keep you dow-ow-ow-ow-own

Fight ‘til you drop
never stop
can’t give up
Til you reach the top (FIGHT!)
you’re the best in town (FIGHT!)
Listen to that sound
A little bit of all you got
Can never bring you down

You’re the best!
Around!
You’re the Best!
Around!

Matrix

Matrix

GG Luke, :lol that had to be a boring game for you.

Jesus my whole game was pure shit tonight.

Note to commissioners...

Sending WRs in motion and hiking it when the receiver is behind the linemen should be banned and cause for an automatic loss....

Shawnwhann said:
Note to commissioners...

Sending WRs in motion and hiking it when the receiver is behind the linemen should be banned and cause for an automatic loss....

as in to help block or as in to run a route?

Rorschach

I wouldn't even know how to put up 40 points let alone 63...I run out of a gameplan and plays by then.

[edit] HOLY SHIT IN 1 QUARTER!

[edit2] HOLY SHIT IN 2 MINS

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
35 points in 3 minutes wtf?

Nevermind i dont know how that would happen, why would someone run up the score so much :lol i would have let up in the 40's, there's no comeback after that :lol

Sableholic said:

Say you have a 5 Wide formation, and you highlight Moss and motion him...

Instead of motioning him and letting him get set, you decide to hike the ball while Moss is running behind your o-line with my corner still running trying to catch up.

One time it happening, maybe it was just a untimely tap of the button...but when it happens 6-7 times in a game, its bullshit. Especially in a 5 Wide formation....

Regarding the final score, I was attempting to run out the clock up 35-21 when ChrisJames decided to call a time out with 1:35 remaining down by fourteen on his own 18 yard line. Considering how much he was blitzing from dime formation all game, I decide to throw a quick slant over the middle to get another first and call it a day....The slant turned into a touchdown.

The rest was a comedic symphony of pick-6's, fumbles for return, and screens that turned into touchdowns.

That combined with things he did I felt were suspect all game instead of running out of bounds on the broken plays I took them to the house....

EDIT- I deserve some flack....Looking back I should have not got so pissed at what he was doing when essentially he was getting desperate trying to score anyway he could...

LJ11

I'm fine with motioning a WR in to block, but having him run a pass play is suspect. Doing it repeatedly is a shitty tactic, all you're trying to do is pick off his CB so you're WR comes wide open each and every time. If you want to pick/rub off a CB, run drags, slants, deep crosses don't resort to this shit.

LukeSmith

Shawnwhann said:
Say you have a 5 Wide formation, and you highlight Moss and motion him...

Instead of motioning him and letting him get set, you decide to hike the ball while Moss is running behind your o-line with my corner still running trying to catch up.

One time it happening, maybe it was just a untimely tap of the button...but when it happens 6-7 times in a game, its bullshit. Especially in a 5 Wide formation....

Regarding the final score, I was attempting to run out the clock up 42-21 when ChrisJames decided to call a time out with 1:35 remaining down by fourteen on his own 18 yard line. Considering how much he was blitzing from dime formation all game, I decide to throw a quick slant over the middle to get another first and call it a day....The slant turned into a touchdown.

The rest was a comedic symphony of pick-6's, fumbles for return, and screens that turned into touchdowns.

That combined with things he did I felt were suspect all game instead of running out of bounds on the broken plays I took them to the house....

EDIT- I deserve some flack....Looking back I should have not got so pissed at what he was doing when essentially he was getting desperate trying to score anyway he could...

FLACK FLACK FLACK FLACK

If a world existed where the Gods would let me put up 60 on Ando, I would.

LJ11 said:

I'm fine with motioning a WR in to block, but having him run a pass play is suspect. Doing it repeatedly is a shitty tactic, all you're trying to do is pick off his CB so you're WR comes wide open each and every time. If you want to pick/rub off a CB, run drags, slants, deep crosses don't resort to this shit.

I agree with this post. Although there really isn't any excuse for running it up that much. Even if u felt he was using shady tactics, that seems a little excessive. But more power to you, I couldnt score 60 if i tried.

:lol at the drama.

I will admit the WR motion thing is cheesy and I won't do it any more. I was basically desperate for the win and I apologize for doing it. Smith wasn't catching half the shit he should have, so I was trying to get open passes any way possible.

Chris James said:
at the drama.

I will admit the WR motion thing is cheesy and I won't do it any more. I was basically desperate for the win and I apologize for doing it.

Thank you for admitting what happened there and somewhat validating my response...I apologize for not letting my foot off the pedal at the end there when everything went wrong for you....

Gunstar77

GAF Madden 2006 Season 1 NFC Champ
dammitmattt said:
Gunstar77,

Regarding Kearse, who is an absolute beast and beats the defender 50% of the time with his swim move, it felt unfair to watch you loop him around the tackle or tight end when you weren't just swimming through them. I honestly can't say how often you did this (and it wasn't THAT often), but I did notice it in bunches throughout the game. The offensive line AI is bad enough that this feels borderline cheap, even if it's not against league rules. I've played against others like Wellie who control D ends, but I haven't seen them loop around as much as Kearse did this game. You didn't do it all the time by any means, but you did do it quite a few times, and it worked almost every time. 6 tackles for a loss and 4 sacks is a monster game. I don't want to sound like I'm calling you cheap or there are sour grapes, because you played a good game and converted 3rd downs like a champ, but it was VERY frustrating to go against that.

I think this move needs to be examined when developing the rules for Year 2.

Truth be told, that was by far the best game I had with him all season. I don't know what your Right Tackle's rating is but that was by far Kearse best game for me. Second, one of Kearse's sacks I was controlling DT Mike Patterson. Third, most of Kearse's came on a designed blitz in which is called a Hog 3 I believe. This blitz is a 4-3 Zone blitz that sends your Strong side LB in to tie up your Right Tackle which lets my DE come off the end free. PLEASE EXAMINE THE PLAY BEFORE COMPLAINING ABOUT CHEAP PLAYS, THERE IS SEVERAL WAYS TO COUNTER THIS PLAY.

Rorschach

My thought on the IR players is that they should be out. Ok, so you guys say real life doesn't affect our league, but FMT was adamant about Truelize not using Vick. And considering that our league doesn't have real injuries since there are no leagues in Madden, it's a way to add that depth. Keep the ones that are only out a couple of games and take out the IR players.

Fifty

Yeah, I think it's a weird issue. I mean I'm not going to freak out over every last lineman out for the season, but if EA insists on taking Vick out of the game because he's now a felon, what's the difference (realism-wise) between that and Deuce who was injured since the start of the season? It's a tricky issue, but I think it only gets complicated when we're talking about impact players.

Top Bottom