• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Madden Season 10 Official Thread: I want you back for good!

Zep! Let me know what's going on buddy. if you can't finish out the season you can't, no one will look down on you for it. but i needs to get that movin' cause a lot of the playoff scenarios (from BOTH conferences!) depends on the rams.

get back to me by mon/tues, or i may have to have someone else take over the rams :(

Jube3

Shawnwhann said:
Alright Wellie and Sable, I came out my battle with the Eagles on top!!

Crossing toes and fingers that Sable wins, so I take control of 1st place via tiebreakers!!!

Edit-Jube you may wanna fix your 465 yard rushing stat from your game with Luke...

Shhhh, our little secret..

fixed lol

SickBoy

Concerned about Zep... I was getting myself psyched to play him. Hopefully we don't get too much of a ringer for a replacement if that's needed...

DCX

DCX
SickBoy said:
Concerned about Zep... I was getting myself psyched to play him. Hopefully we don't get too much of a ringer for a replacement if that's needed...
Dude, we don't need a Bills situation all over, if you want to be in, you need to play the best...the fact that i played the harder version of the Bills has put me in a shitty situation. Man up.

DCX

Fifty

Plus didn't he say that he had no internet and that he was stealing from someone else for the time being? Maybe that was someone else.. But I definitely remember someone saying they had basically no internet currently.

Ramirez

Andokuky said:
That's a good thing. Those huge jump catches are rarely caught and usually just result in an interception when the WR jumps 10 feet in the air and tips it up. I wish I could throw a bullet pass with Walker not doing that stupid jump :\

Well I'm going to strongly disagree, as I saw Moss catch two like this on pretty crucial 3rd downs and that white guy from Jacksonville, Matt something or another did it to me last night allowing an easy setup for a TD for Konex last night. The DBs can't defend it, how are they not caught against you?

SickBoy

DCX said:
Dude, we don't need a Bills situation all over, if you want to be in, you need to play the best...the fact that i played the harder version of the Bills has put me in a shitty situation. Man up.

DCX

Hey, I was the first to play to the LJ Bills and he smoked me, so don't get on me about that (31-0, never forget). If CP squeezed out one more game, in all likelihood I'd be in the playoffs now (not that I'm complaining... other than the fact that division leader Ramirez got the cheesepuff Bills)

I want to play Zep, but what I'm saying is I don't want to wind up playing someone like FMT (or LJ for that matter) if there's a replacement coach at the reins.

:lol

guys there are a handful of people who could replace zep in the league (airbrian would probably be the one at this point), but i want to make sure im not jumping the gun.

Andokuky

Banned
Ramirez said:
Well I'm going to strongly disagree, as I saw Moss catch two like this on pretty crucial 3rd downs and that white guy from Jacksonville, Matt something or another did it to me last night allowing an easy setup for a TD for Konex last night. The DBs can't defend it, how are they not caught against you?

Well Moss is an elite WR so he will probably hold on more than others but for the most part in my experience any sort of hit on the WR just makes him fall to the ground while the ball flies up into the air. I bet that stupid catch animation is responsible for at least 8 of Walker's drops and 4-5 interceptions easily. As long as you have someone back there with the WR to lay a good hit on the guy, it's a drop most of the time imo.

Rorschach

FMT Power Rankings said:
member this song? that was the last time the raiders made the playoffs! deal with it!
:lol

I hate you, FMT! You're not my real dad! :(

Yo, Cloudy, when can you lay down the law against my lowly Raiders?

LukeSmith

Matrix, lemme know if you're around tonight, Fifty unlocked our game. He said you were out till 10 or so my time.

If anyone else wants to scrim, either league teams or test out new teams for next season, lemme know, I'm around today.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Well for what it is worth I played a game with DCX earlier, both Braylon Edwards and Plaxico are spectacular catch receivers. I don't know how to make it work with regularity, and one time I hit Braylon and intercepted the ball with a guy trailing the play. More often than not when it comes out Plaxico drops it, just like real life :D

LJ11

Wellington said:
Well for what it is worth I played a game with DCX earlier, both Braylon Edwards and Plaxico are spectacular catch receivers. I don't know how to make it work with regularity, and one time I hit Braylon and intercepted the ball with a guy trailing the play. More often than not when it comes out Plaxico drops it, just like real life :D

Edwards has a 99 rating in the spectacular catch category, so he probably gets up there with regularity.

Smokey

replacement needed?

for what team? i'm most likely down hell i run w/ the texans in the rookie league so it can't be worse than that!

id probably be interested in joining if tha big dogs think my skills are up to it, even though ive lost 3 in a row in the rookie league by a combination of 10 points. those hurt.

:(

im not 100% sure at this point smokey. zep is nowhere to be found, for all we know he'll be back tomorrow or something. i just want to have some options in place just incase. you and airbrian would be the top people to replace him.

p.s. its for the rams

Fifty

Yeah, plus to take over a playoff team at this point, assuming he's gone (which I doubt, he'll probably take his 360 to an internet cafe if he has to), you'll have to pass a background check of epic proportions. I bust my balls and I'm 3-11, someone just gets to walk in and go to the playoffs? That'll have me hating you forever, which wouldn't be good for either of us.

Striker

dammitmattt,

We can play our game any time you want.

I tried messaging you on AIM but you were offline.

GT: Striker029
AIM: toth029

I'll be on tomorrow, but won't be committal until the SF/NYG game ends.

SickBoy

I personally think that if someone does take over the Rams (hopefully it doesn't come to that), the team next in line for a playoff spot should get the ticket to the postseason.

DCX

DCX
SickBoy said:
I personally think that if someone does take over the Rams (hopefully it doesn't come to that), the team next in line for a playoff spot should get the ticket to the postseason.
My friend, when can i end my season? Let me know when we can play.

DCX

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
I'll be around late tonight past 10:30 est if Ando/or Luke wants to play.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Jube/Malley

For the sake of my mental health, I need to get these games in ASAP. Let me know if you are free later today to play.

Striker said:
dammitmattt,

We can play our game any time you want.

I tried messaging you on AIM but you were offline.

AIM: toth029

I'll be on tomorrow, but won't be committal until the SF/NYG game ends.

I've been out of town all weekend at the lady's place, but I'll be home this evening. I can either play tonight or sometime during the week. I'm pretty open starting this evening!

However, taming a baby tiger is no small task so forgive me in advance for the frequent pauses that are sure to happen.

Smokey

Fifty said:
Yeah, plus to take over a playoff team at this point, assuming he's gone (which I doubt, he'll probably take his 360 to an internet cafe if he has to), you'll have to pass a background check of epic proportions. I bust my balls and I'm 3-11, someone just gets to walk in and go to the playoffs? That'll have me hating you forever, which wouldn't be good for either of us.

I feel ya.

FMT just lemme know what's up.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Ando,I'll be free tonight past 10:30 eastern time.I got the Texans game on now and then im out till tonight.

I'll post in here after the Denver game to see if you still want to play.

Rorschach

GG, Cloudy

(10:28:27) Konex2k4: and all ur dropped ints lol

9kct3q.gif

If they don't fix Asomugha, I'm boycotting. :'( The other team throws right in his fucking hands and he can't catch it. Schweigert, Washington, Routt, Williams, and Huff had drops like that too, but Aso shouldn't have that many that are right in his hands with no one anywhere near him.

On the other hand, JRuss throws away from the defense and a LB outruns and warps right through my fastest receiver. Unbelievable.

Top that off with JRuss going down, McCown throwing an int in the endzone, and having a retarded fumble and I just didn't care by the end. :p

Andokuky

Banned
Wow Jags knock Raiders out of 8th playoff spot. So if Jags win their last game and Colts lose, Jags win division. One win for Steelers or loss for Bengals clinches AFC north for Steelers. Pats choking, but a win or two should wrap up that division for them.

Still a lot of games needing to be played to determine wild cards.

Matrix

Fuck the Texans!

Ando,do you want to play our league game?

Andokuky

Banned
Sure. Who is home? I'm going to log on one of my brothers profiles thats on my 360 because the controls aren't all f'ed up on it. His live name is MachoRawdog

Matrix

I'm home.

I'll send you a friends request and challenge.

Fifty

Resisting taking the Pats with the 1st pick in S2 would be like a married man resisting the advances of a supermodel.

Jube, I don't know why you aren't frothing like a crack addict to play all your games, and winning most of them. My TE has far more TDs than Randy Moss!

guys just to clarify i personally dont care if you use injured players. in other words, if someone is out for the year you can actually still sub him in. dont see why a real life injury should affect your team in madden.

Matrix

LukeSmith said:
Matrix, hit me on AIM and you can determine my playoff future!

Jube play your games! You're furthest behind!

If you are still on the forums I can play now.

I couldnt get my player stats down for my last game,damn game froze after I typed in my game stats so im good to play now.

If someone is on aim could they let Luke know that I can play.

FrenchMovieTheme said:
guys just to clarify i personally dont care if you use injured players. in other words, if someone is out for the year you can actually still sub him in. dont see why a real life injury should affect your team in madden.

I thought the point was to play a sim league???

Striker

dammitmattt said:
I've been out of town all weekend at the lady's place, but I'll be home this evening. I can either play tonight or sometime during the week. I'm pretty open starting this evening!

However, taming a baby tiger is no small task so forgive me in advance for the frequent pauses that are sure to happen.
You're home in the game, so send me a FR/Invite later.

Going for my 11th loss!

Matrix

Luke,looks like we will have to play later tonight.

Something just happened to my cable modem when nba 2k8 crashed my 360.I keep rebooting everything in my room and I cant get online,on my 360 or computer >_<

Andokuky

Banned
Do EA's roster updates not make players out for year off limits online? Who is out for the year that makes that huge a difference anyway, except for Vick :lol

Do EA's roster updates not make players out for year off limits online? Who is out for the year that makes that huge a difference anyway, except for Vick

all they do is put a medical symbol by them and move them down the depth chart, but their ratings are unaffected and you can use them

Striker said:
You're home in the game, so send me a FR/Invite later.

Going for my 11th loss!

Shooting to break .500 over here!!! Anyway, I probably won't be able to play for a few hours...is that okay?

Top Bottom