• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Madden Season 10 Official Thread: I want you back for good!

LukeSmith

Matrix said:
Luke,looks like we will have to play later tonight.

Something just happened to my cable modem when nba 2k8 crashed my 360.I keep rebooting everything in my room and I cant get online,on my 360 or computer >_<

No worries, I'll be around tonight. Hope it gets resolved.

Striker

dammitmattt said:
Shooting to break .500 over here!!! Anyway, I probably won't be able to play for a few hours...is that okay?
Sure is, I have until midnight.

I have classes tomorrow but after 1 PM I'm done.

daw840

OK, I am playing Jube tomorrow night.

DJ Demon I really need to get this game done tonight...I am going out of town from Tuesday to Sunday, so I will be unavailable for a while after this tuesday. If I can get both these games done in the next two days, then the only game I have left is the one with Ramirez that we can't seem to be able to connect for.

Ramirez, I am going back to Kansas City on tuesday and have a friend who has Madden there. We could try to get this game done while I am there, we might actually be able to connect if I am somewhere else.

Ramirez

daw840 said:
OK, I am playing Jube tomorrow night.

DJ Demon I really need to get this game done tonight...I am going out of town from Tuesday to Sunday, so I will be unavailable for a while after this tuesday. If I can get both these games done in the next two days, then the only game I have left is the one with Ramirez that we can't seem to be able to connect for.

Ramirez, I am going back to Kansas City on tuesday and have a friend who has Madden there. We could try to get this game done while I am there, we might actually be able to connect if I am somewhere else.

Cool, I'll be around Tuesday night.

daw840

Ramirez said:
Cool, I'll be around Tuesday night.

I get in really late and won't be at that guys house on tuesday....sometime later in the week, maybe.....no guarantees, I am going back home so my time is usually very limited...I will find a computer and post here if I can make it happen

Ramirez

daw840 said:
I get in really late and won't be at that guys house on tuesday....sometime later in the week, maybe.....no guarantees, I am going back home so my time is usually very limited...I will find a computer and post here if I can make it happen

Ah, ok.

Fifty

If you want me to play one of your games to make things easier, I could do that. We're almost done the league and between your 5 games remaining and being gone for 6 days maybe it'd be for the best. I'm a big Ravens fan and I would have used them this season had I not originally given up my spot in the league because I thought I wouldn't have the free time. I could play the Pats (you wouldn't enjoy that anyway) and one of the games vs Ramirez for example

daw840

Fifty said:
If you want me to play one of your games to make things easier, I could do that. We're almost done the league and between your 5 games remaining and being gone for 6 days maybe it'd be for the best. I'm a big Ravens fan and I would have used them this season had I not originally given up my spot in the league because I thought I wouldn't have the free time. I could play the Pats (you wouldn't enjoy that anyway) and one of the games vs Ramirez for example

If it's ok with the league you could try to play my game with Ramirez since we can't seem to connect, I think I can take care of the others. Jube said tomorrow night and hopefully DJ demon will respond soon

Fifty

You actually have two games with Ramirez. Two of your games are tied, because, I think at one point FMT tied up the unplayed games so it'd be easy to see what's left on the schedule. I could play both of the games against Ramirez. It'd help me because it could settle whether or not I want the Ravens in S2, and it obviously would help your scheduling. I've been playing like crap this year, so even if I do manage a win or two, Ramirez can't say he's facing a ringer.

edit: Ok, I talked to Ram. We'll be playing those two games.

daw840

Fifty said:
You actually have two games with Ramirez. Two of your games are tied, because, I think at one point FMT tied up the unplayed games so it'd be easy to see what's left on the schedule. I could play both of the games against Ramirez. It'd help me because it could settle whether or not I want the Ravens in S2, and it obviously would help your scheduling. I've been playing like crap this year, so even if I do manage a win or two, Ramirez can't say he's facing a ringer.

edit: Ok, I talked to Ram. We'll be playing those two games.

I look forward to seeing the results.......GO FIFTY!!!!

Good game Striker. You literally had all the bad luck and bad bounces that game.

I apologize about that last TD. I wasn't sure how many timeouts you had left so I was just trying to run up the middle to run the clock out (for all those reading, it was a 14-point game and we had just hit the 2-minute warning). The computer bounced Bush outside and I couldn't get his fast ass to stop falling towards the end zone. I really do apologize, buddy, because I know how it feels.

bluemax

Banned
LT demands a recount for AFC offensive player of the year. How is Lynch's 101 yards on 20 carries better than 16 carries for 153 yards 2 TD 6 receptions 100 yards 1 TD!

253 yds 3 TDs on 22 plays > 101 yds 3 TDs on 20 touches!

Also CB and Ando when do you guys want to play?

Halfway into my game against Gunstar77 and I am getting blown out. I'm not playing my best, but damn, I've had more crappy "Madden" moments in the 1st half than I've had in my past 7 games combined...grrrrrr

Striker

dammitmattt said:
Good game Striker. You literally had all the bad luck and bad bounces that game.

I apologize about that last TD. I wasn't sure how many timeouts you had left so I was just trying to run up the middle to run the clock out (for all those reading, it was a 14-point game and we had just hit the 2-minute warning). The computer bounced Bush outside and I couldn't get his fast ass to stop falling towards the end zone. I really do apologize, buddy, because I know how it feels.
I don't care about the final TD. I deserve it since I couldn't stop you.

As for the turnovers...

Pick #1: OK, this one wasn't too bad, but why would the ball go straight through Fitzgerald's arms and into the DBs? That pissed me off, but nothing I can do about.

Pick #2: Wow, what the fuck. I saw your blitz and I immediately saw Bryant Johnson shoot up field with NOBODY in front of him. Easy TD, right? No. That ball hits his back and the god damn Linebacker catches it off the reflection.

I suppose that all but seals up my luck this season.

I have a list of teams I'll be choosing for next season. Neither will be Colts or Patriots. I, at least, would like a challenge. Also a better OL. :lol
:(

SickBoy

Hey, if you're still around, I can play.. if not, then we'll get it done this week hopefully... had to run a couple of quick errands for the wife... I'll be playing some sort of XBLA game for the next 15-20...

The magic is gone. My 7-game winning streak has come to an end. My hopes for victory died on the Eagles' 30-yard line as time expired.

I had just about the worst first half that I have ever had playing Madden. Gunstar started with a solid drive and went up 7-0. On my first play from scrimmage, Brees missed Colston by 5 yards for a pick 6. Right off the bat, it was 14-0. Thanks to Kearse, I couldn't convert a 3rd down to save my life and we traded punts until I pinned him at his own 8. On his very first damn play, my idiot defenders run into each other and allow Westbrook to take a dump off 92 yards for the score. In the middle of all this, I see a defensive end leap 10 feet to intercept a pass that was supposed to be 15 yards down the field to my tight end. It was probably Kearse, but I can't remember. I get a field goal and it's 21-3 at the half. There have already been two fumbles overturned.

I finally get some luck to lead off the 3rd when I nail his punt returner, forcing the fumble, and finally get into the end zone. A missed field goal (and a third overturned fumble) later, I put together a good drive and get into the end zone. After converting the 2-point conversion, I'm only down 21-18. On his next possession, he fumbles again and I get the ball at his 30. Or so I thought. The asshole refs overturn the 4th fumble of the game, even though he clearly lost it before he went down. He converts a slant to Curtis (this killed me on 3rd down all game) to run another few minutes off the clock until I force a punt. Keep in mind that I lost one timeout earlier b/c I couldn't get the damn punt return called quickly enough. I get the ball back with 30 seconds left. I get to midfield and spike the ball with 9 seconds left. On the next play, I hit Patten at the 30 yard-line on an up and out pattern, but he ran more up than out and he wasn't able to get out of bounds. Game over.

Final Tally:
4 Kearse sacks
4 fumbles overturned
1 (very, very small) playoff dream shattered

Gunstar77,

Regarding Kearse, who is an absolute beast and beats the defender 50% of the time with his swim move, it felt unfair to watch you loop him around the tackle or tight end when you weren't just swimming through them. I honestly can't say how often you did this (and it wasn't THAT often), but I did notice it in bunches throughout the game. The offensive line AI is bad enough that this feels borderline cheap, even if it's not against league rules. I've played against others like Wellie who control D ends, but I haven't seen them loop around as much as Kearse did this game. You didn't do it all the time by any means, but you did do it quite a few times, and it worked almost every time. 6 tackles for a loss and 4 sacks is a monster game. I don't want to sound like I'm calling you cheap or there are sour grapes, because you played a good game and converted 3rd downs like a champ, but it was VERY frustrating to go against that.

I think this move needs to be examined when developing the rules for Year 2.

SickBoy

GG DCX, it was kind of obvious what kind of game it was going to be when that first kick return was fumbled... I really do think the home team gets a little too much boost this game -- you just have to look at my team to see that, with six of eight wins at home...

Still, I was scared when you took that onside kick (dumb coverage guy!)... Edwards was starting to show his beast tendencies...

DCX

DCX
SickBoy said:
GG DCX, it was kind of obvious what kind of game it was going to be when that first kick return was fumbled... I really do think the home team gets a little too much boost this game -- you just have to look at my team to see that, with six of eight wins at home...

Still, I was scared when you took that onside kick (dumb coverage guy!)... Edwards was starting to show his beast tendencies...
It was a throw away game for me, as i know how my season was going to end, i wanted to end my season playing hard and finishing strong but that shit got killed in the first 6 seconds as i fumble the opening kickoff.

From then on i was just playing... trying to keep the game honest, then Braylon get hurt...ok no problem....then Jamal gets hurt....no lie...Sick you got the breaks this time :) Of course Braylon comes back, DA starts making some throws and next thing you know 14 points in 1 minute. I love the ints...spidey senses activated for sure.

Good Game, good season..on ward forward men, as i take my Falcons to the promise land!

DCX

i defeated my arch-rival DM in a pretty crazy game. here is how it went down:

1st quarter: dm kicks off, and then i proceed to go on a 14 play, 74 yard drive.... to get a FG. that's right. i had motherfucking 3rd and goal at the 1, then 4th and fucking inches on the goalline but you know what? i said i'll take the 3. don't ever accuse the commish of not playing by his own rules! then, dm strayed from his ways and threw the ball (a common theme this game) which was picked. and finally, on 3rd and 8 i found VD in the endzone! 10-0 after 1!

2nd quarter: dm fights back. gets a FG. back and forth we go until late in the half. dm is on my 42 yard line, about 10 seconds left no timeouts. completes a pass to fuck knows who over the middle, i try to tackle him but he breaks the tackle and he's headed endzone. i finally push him out at the 1 yard line. so choices! no timeouts, 3 seconds left in the half from the 1 yard line... dm runs it up the gut, but sadly he gets stuffed like a thanksgiving turkey. 0 points! 10-3 at the half.

3rd quarter: back and forth again. dm drives deep, but then attacks nate the great and i get a 2nd int. then, on a 2nd and 1 i run up the gut with gore and surprise 50 yard TD! 17-3 and im cruisin' usa!

4th quarter: dm takes his time, drives the ball down on a LOOOOONG drive, i think it took about half the quarter. he finally gets it in on the goalline (by passing!). then i get the ball back. get one first down but eventually have to punt. dm has no timeouts but he does have the 2 minute warning. this is where things start to get bad for me. first play i blitz out of the nickle, the zone leaves alex "impostor" smith open for a gain ALMOST to midfield! so in 1 play he's at freaking midfield and thats the 2 min warning. he keeps driving, all the way inside my 20. he has a 3rd and 3 with about a minute left. incomplete. 4th and 3, he calls 5 wide. i brought the house. fuck no im not letting jgar pick me apart like a nose. dm throws to a guy running a cross but the pressure made him step up, which triggers the high catch animation, which results in whoever that guy was getting turned head over heels and dropping it. victory secured!

it was a pretty good game where i challenged 2 fumbles and both overturned. perhaps we will meet again in the playoffs old friend... or perhaps not!

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Sorry Luke,I'll be free to play late tonight past 10:30 pm eastern time.

Fifty

It is complete. Our dream has come true. DMczaf and I have finished our first ever All Youtube Music Video Power Rankings!

They're the second to last power rankings (FMT will handle the final ones, old school style)

It was a bitch and a half to complete, we put a lot of time and effort into these. Let me tell you it's not easy finding videos up to our high standards, and matching them to teams. Let's see other leagues do that! I hope you like them. Sit back and enjoy the music. You'll laugh, you'll cry!

http://www.leaguedaddy.com/leagues/rankings/?lid=1307

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
clinton2legit9wy1gkcn7.gif

Top Bottom