• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Madden Season 10 Official Thread: I want you back for good!

Fifty

This is a legendary update. Between the explanations for changes and the sheer number of them I've got to give EA some serious props if this is true.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
* WR Andre Davis – Texans – Becomes Speed Weapon - A vertical home run hitter for the Texans.

:D

"WR Kevin Walter – 71 to 73 – The possession receiver has filled in for Andre Johnson and had some big games.
* WR Andre Davis – 70 to 74 – Another guy chipping in the loss of Andre Johnson. A vertical threat the Texan offense."

Hmmmm lets play tomorrow Konex :lol

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Fucking Christ! Was up 10-0 in a defensive struggle against LJ and we got disconnected. My new 360 is acting funky with XBL. Sucks too 'cause I had gotten a long TD pass to Plaxico. (One of those jumping ones on a PA). Now LJ knows my plan against him and will gameplan to beat me whenever we do play.

If you're around at like 10-10:30, let's get this thing in. If not, tomorrow is okay.

Man sorry about this, more so for me than for you!

LJ11

Wellington said:
Fucking Christ! Was up 10-0 in a defensive struggle against LJ and we got disconnected. My new 360 is acting funky with XBL. Sucks too 'cause I had gotten a long TD pass to Plaxico. (One of those jumping ones on a PA). Now LJ knows my plan against him and will gameplan to beat me whenever we do play.

If you're around at like 10-10:30, let's get this thing in. If not, tomorrow is okay.

Man sorry about this, more so for me than for you!

I'll be around, and I'm not sure a gameplan is going to help if Plaxico keeps making those plays. You weren't kidding about the Giants D line, I couldn't breath back there.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Ratings Down

* HB Shaun Alexander – 95 to 91 – Starting to look like a poor mans Duce Staley.
* FS Brian Dawkins – 96 to 94 – Age is starting to catch up with B-Dawk.
* WR Terrell Owens – 97 to 96 – Too many drops to be up there with the rest of the elite WR’s.
* LB Joey Porter – 92 to 90 – A shadow of his former self. Just got his first sack in week 7.
* DE Patrick Kerney – 92 to 91 – Not as productive as he once was.

WTF at the comments and still having ratings in the 90s?

LukeSmith

Wellington said:
Ratings Down

* HB Shaun Alexander – 95 to 91 – Starting to look like a poor mans Duce Staley.
* FS Brian Dawkins – 96 to 94 – Age is starting to catch up with B-Dawk.
* WR Terrell Owens – 97 to 96 – Too many drops to be up there with the rest of the elite WR’s.
* LB Joey Porter – 92 to 90 – A shadow of his former self. Just got his first sack in week 7.
* DE Patrick Kerney – 92 to 91 – Not as productive as he once was.

WTF at the comments and still having ratings in the 90s?

Something just isn't reading right about the latest updates.

Mrbob said:
QB Rex Grossman – 83 to 78 – Long time coming.

NOoooooooooo.

Greaseball future in the madden league confirmed!

Bob...it looks like week 17 is open. Do you want to play our game?

LukeSmith said:

There is no way that EA was responsible for those quotes. The NFL and NFLPA would KILL them.

Rorschach

FUCK! Raiders owned. :(

No WR upgrades, lose a WR, no oline upgrade, lose defensive players, no upgrade on defense...................................................................................................................................................COME ON!

DMczaf said:
Fuck you EA!
:lol :lol

LukeSmith said:
If you lose in the playoffs with all these upgrades, you don't deserve the Colts ever again. >:|

Got your wish on Addai, btw. Weapon get.

[edit] Oh wait, the real LJ gets power back now?! SWEETNESS!

*postpones SD/Raiders game

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Hmmm, Patrick Kerney seems to be doing alright, not sure these ratings are real. 3.5 sacks, leads the DL in tackles.

bluemax

Banned
Rorschach said:
FUCK! Raiders owned. :(

No WR upgrades, lose a WR, no oline upgrade, lose defensive players, no upgrade on defense...................................................................................................................................................COME ON!

:lol :lol

If you lose in the playoffs with all these upgrades, you don't deserve the Colts ever again. >:|

Got your wish on Addai, btw. Weapon get.

[edit] Oh wait, the real LJ gets power back now?! SWEETNESS!

*postpones SD/Raiders game

I have to work on my passing attack anyhow. Chris Chambers is here to stay!

Gunstar77

GAF Madden 2006 Season 1 NFC Champ
dammitmattt said:
It's fine if you beat my tackle using swim moves, which you did several times. But you also ran a loop around my tackle several times, which is questionable territory if you ask me since the offensive line play was so bad in the game. It's really not much different from manually blitzing around the o-line because it has the same result.

However, it's not against the league rules so you were justified in occasionally using that tactic, though like I said in my previous post, it should be up for review (and a vote) at the end of the season.

Kearse Week to Week Sacks:

Week 1 - 1
Week 2 - 1
Week 3 - 2
Week 4 - 0
Week 5 - Bye
Week 6 - 2
Week 7 - 0
Week 8 - 2
Week 9 - 1
Week 10 - 0
Week 11 - 1
Week 12 - n/a
Week 13 - 1
Week 14 - 2
Week 15 - 1
Week 16 - 4

Well, if using the DE is so unstoppable then why did the rest of the league held me to 2 or less Sacks with him.

Please note that I am ranked 16th in Team sacks which is middle of the pack but McNabb is the 5th most sacked QB in the league. Some people just need to learn how to play Madden, SACKS ARE A PART OF FOOTBALL!! Just look at the Week 4 match up between the Eagles & Giants in the NFL, yes 12 sacks in one game! Also please check the blitz I use which is a 4-3 Hog 3 blitz, please note that the DE is supposed to take the outside rush. So I don't even change the way Kearse is supposed to run, I follow what is shown.

Here is an idea, maybe keep a TE or RB in to pick up the extra blitzer????

i will play devil's advocate: pressure on the qb isn't always about sacks. it is arguably more beneficial to the defense to NOT get the sack and cause a bad throw (resulting in an INT) than to get a sack.

but as commish i will review all situations and problems!

LiveWire

SickBoy and my other opponents (Ravens, Patriots): I'm free tonight until late (probably 1 or 2AM Eastern at the latest). Otherwise I'm out of town on business travel until Friday at 5PM. So let me know if you're free tonight via AIM (Atreides815), otherwise I'll look for y'all this weekend.

Oh, and another note, DCX never got back to me on the Half-Life 2 for PC gift offer, so if anyone wants HL2 and/or Episode 1 for PC let me know.

Gunstar77

FrenchMovieTheme said:
i will play devil's advocate: pressure on the qb isn't always about sacks. it is arguably more beneficial to the defense to NOT get the sack and cause a bad throw (resulting in an INT) than to get a sack.

but as commish i will review all situations and problems!

I am ranked 20th in Team INTs which is in the bottom half.

not taking sides either way (since i obviously haven't banned DE usage!) but sacks aren't always the best measure of pressure on the qb. you are correct, it is part of the game. but YOU, gunstar, controlling him is much different than the CPU, even if he has the same route to the qb. why? because the CPU isn't jamming on turbo while doing it and the CPU has set tendencies, whereas a human player can mix things up. that is why we play in online leagues against other people! the excitement of having to deal with the chessmatch that is football :D

Gunstar77

FrenchMovieTheme said:
not taking sides either way (since i obviously haven't banned DE usage!) but sacks aren't always the best measure of pressure on the qb. you are correct, it is part of the game. but YOU, gunstar, controlling him is much different than the CPU, even if he has the same route to the qb. why? because the CPU isn't jamming on turbo while doing it and the CPU has set tendencies, whereas a human player can mix things up. that is why we play in online leagues against other people! the excitement of having to deal with the chessmatch that is football :D

Well the samething can be said about any player on the field. Example: People that control a Safety can speed burst up to the line to cover a run play or a pass in the middle of the field when the CPU is controlling them they stay deep.

Don't mistake my thoughts here, I am not saying that dammitmattt is a jerk or anything, I am just trying to show a different point of view. Alot of people tend to be closed minded when comes to using max. protection and what a defense is trying to do to you.

Gunstar77 said:
Well the samething can be said about any player on the field. Example: People that control a Safety can speed burst up to the line to cover a run play or a pass in the middle of the field when the CPU is controlling them they stay deep.

Don't mistake my thoughts here, I am not saying that dammitmattt is a jerk or anything, I am just trying to show a different point of view. Alot of people tend to be closed minded when comes to using max. protection and what a defense is trying to do to you.

Don't get me wrong. You got pressure legitimately throughout the game. However, I was referring to the specific tactic of looping around the blocker, which to me is very similar to spreading your D-end way out from the line and running right in towards the QB. Thanks to the crappy o-line play, the computer doesn't like to block in these situations.

Fifty

How can you go from MLB/Safety to DT? It's so much more rewarding and stimulating to play a variety of roles and not just rush downward while occasionally using finesse or power moves. I guess you're forgoing the high risk/reward play of the former positions to play a safer defensive game and greatly reduce the risk of a user error costing you a big play.

Andokuky

Banned
Rorschach said:
Kearse's stats are pretty amazing, but then you look at Simeon Rice and you really say wow. And he has 2 games left to play. Holeeeee shaaaat. 8 more sacks than anyone else.

http://www.leaguedaddy.com/leagues/rosters/players/?lid=1307&pid=6897000&stats=1

I had a lot of opponents who dropped way too far back and rolled out way too much. Easy ass sacks. And that's another reason I let the CPU play the line 95% of the time. Easy pressure :D

LJ11 said:
That dude must run junk, because he gets serious hate.

Bitter tears.

Rorschach

Ok, the endzone rules in Madden are fucking retarded. I played a game where I was down by 6 with only 2 mins left and I had the ball at the 15. I go down the field with surprising ease and leave only about 20 seconds left on the clock. At the 10 yard line, I snap the ball and see that my TE is pretty open except for a guy over the top, but that guy is towards the back of the end zone. I throw it and pray that the safety doesn't warp through him for the pick. He catches it! Tied game, time for a PAT, right?! WRONG! Just as he catches it, the guy behind him clocks him and he drops the ball. Well, that's still a TD because this is the nfl, right? WRONG! This is Madden! Safety picks up the fumble and runs it back for a TD taking all but 5 secs off the clock. I wait to see if there's a challenge or something, but I guess they don't even recognize the rule, so no booth review.

If it's a fumble, then the receiver had possession, right? And if he caught it in the endzone, then that's a TD. It doesn't matter if he fumbled after the fact. If he didn't have possession, then that's an incomplete pass. This game is such bullshit sometimes...

Also, in my game against Fifty, Vince Young fumbled after breaking the plane, but it counted it as a fumble. Luckily for him, his tackle recovered, and it was a TD, but that's still bullshit.

If you guys ever throw a td and notice that split second before they blow the whistle, that's the time where they can fumble.

Fifty said:
How can you go from MLB/Safety to DT? It's so much more rewarding and stimulating to play a variety of roles and not just rush downward while occasionally using finesse or power moves. I guess you're forgoing the high risk/reward play of the former positions to play a safer defensive game and greatly reduce the risk of a user error costing you a big play.
Well, part of the reason why I gave up MLB even though I played it really well was because people would begin to guess when I was blitzing or putting them into coverage because I would have to switch to DL or safety. I stopped playing safety because of the bullshit PI calls last few seasons. They don't seem to occur as often now, though.

DT is not as unrewarding as it seems on paper. Sure, you rarely get a sack, but it's about much more. If you're a DT, you can stop the inside runs and, if you time it correctly, some of the outside ones. Also, non contact pressure is highly underrated. You'd be surprised how much more scared people get when someone is coming down the middle instead of towards the sides where they are used to it.

And lastly, I stopped playing DE because of all the controversy. People were saying it was too much, so I switched to DT.

I played safety last night in 2 games and got a total of 6 picks, so maybe I'll return to safety on a trial basis. :p

Ramirez

Yea, gg. The Rushing crown is mine!

I can't wait for Season 2, I'm definitely picking some team with an awesome QB, I'm sick of not being able to do any kind of leads on my passes or not be able to fit it into tight spaces, Ben got the shaft. -_-

AirBrian

And let me tell you how nice it was to have an actual offense and an actual NFL QB! Now if only I can figure out the Rams D plays. :(

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Ok so computer motherboard dies on Friday and tonight I got the pretty red rings. FINALLY.

I'm so excited. I knew this day was coming. It's a launch system, I've play 1000's of hours on it and I've never had an issue. A couple lockups but nothing special. I have an extended warranty at the store where I bought it so I'll go tomorrow and get a new one.

Now I have to decide what to get.

Here are my choices (provided they give me the free stuff when I get a replacement too)
1. get the Elite and pay the extra $100 for more harddrive space cause Canada gets the digital download stuff soon AND get Guitar Hero II for free.

2. wait till the 26th, get the Elite for an extra $100 and get Forza and Marvel Ultimate Alliance free as well as the free Guitar Hero II.

3. Just get another premium tomorrow and get Forza and Marvel U.A. free

4. Get the Halo 3 one and get the free Guitar Hero II free as well. I have the Halo version of the original Xbox and I think that one looks great but the Halo3 one is kinda suspect.

Help me decide. Note: I already have Forza and Guitar Hero II so they would just be trade bait. Seems kinda smart to wait 3 days though. I'll have to call and see if I can get the Guitar Hero free, it would be a good gift for someone i'm sure.

Fifty

AirBrian said:
And let me tell you how nice it was to have an actual offense and an actual NFL QB! Now if only I can figure out the Rams D plays. :(

I bet the real Rams wish they could have an actual offense and an NFL QB. Oh Madden ratings..how slowly you drop.

edit: Damn that's a shame Truelize. We've lost two in a few days now.. I'm not the best person to ask regarding the elite benefits since I still have my launch system (knock on wood!). Waiting till the 26th sounds smarter if you do get the elite though.

If you want anyone to play one or two of your games, we can find someone to ease your workload. No pressure though. The sooner your games are completed the sooner you get to use your top 3-5 draft pick!

LJ11

I wish he had better hands, that early drop was the beginning of the end. Good game, your run D was stout. You stopped me on two 3rd and ones early in the game, and I just went away from the run. Didn't help that you were running the ball extremely effectively, moving the ball efficiently, so I bailed out of the run and went to the air. Made some bad throws and the rest is history. Good luck in the playoffs.

Season 2 - The Trent Edwards journey begins.

Top Bottom