• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Madden Season 10 Official Thread: I want you back for good!

LJ11

JP "Fratboy" Losman. :lol

This patch sounds good. I wonder if comebacks/curls will be easier to pull off now that DB's don't have ESP in man coverage.

Shawnwhann said:
Nevermind Sable took advtange of a 4th down "exception"

If by exception you mean something thats in the rules then sure i took advantage of a 4th down exception. Its right there in #2 of the 4th down rules. We discussed this in aim, but i figured I might as well post here as well. I was driving and got stopped less than a yard down by 10 or 11. I felt like i was driving well and paused to make sure it was within the rules. Being at your 10ish it was, so I came back and ran a play and gained the first and ultimately a td. It is what it is.

Striker

LJ11 said:

This patch sounds good. I wonder if comebacks/curls will be easier to pull off now that DB's don't have ESP in man coverage.
So awesome this patch comes out as my season with two weapon WR's is over.

Sable said:
If by exception you mean something thats in the rules then sure i took advantage of a 4th down exception. Its right there in #2 of the 4th down rules. We discussed this in aim, but i figured I might as well post here as well. I was driving and got stopped less than a yard down by 10 or 11. I felt like i was driving well and paused to make sure it was within the rules. Being at your 10ish it was, so I came back and ran a play and gained the first and ultimately a td. It is what it is.

Yeah like I said earlier....kudos to you for knowing when you can utilize 4th down exceptions, if fact this scenario made me read the entire rule list so I know the deal for the playoffs. My apologies for calling you a hypocrite and airing you out.

Moving on...guess it's you and me in the first round Mr Bob...you wanna give me home advantage out of pity?!? I finished 12-4 and I deserve at least one home game!!!

SickBoy

I find the 3-4 glitch talk a touch unsettling... I've made 3-4 closer to my bread-and-butter -- I'm used to it having typically played as the Chargers -- and I always control NT.

I will say that I never call DE Contain, but I have had instances of unrealistic pressure -- specifically, both games against Ramirez and only on PA passes. I'm not sure why it happened, because I was playing defenses I've played time and again against other opponents that didn't generate those results. I can maybe generate pressure once or twice a game, but that's about it.

I've had other games where I've put the QB on the ground a lot, but in most cases, those are from carefully (or recklessly) applied blitzing...

Anyhow, I shudder to think what would come of it if I had to control a linebacker or something... pass interference galore? Although the last time I did it, my D landed a pick...

EDIT: Also, patch sounds awesome... get the lines fixed and all of a sudden, it's looking good. Although if we can move the ball now, what's it going to look like with more realistic DBs?

Rorschach

Jube3 said:
Rb button? Then how the hell am i supposed to hurdle 6 guys!

:lol

FrenchMovieTheme said:
the playoffs will start on monday!

finish your games by monday, lest they be played for you ;)
If you ever need anyone, you know I'm always willing if I'm around. And I don't take it easy on anyone! I'll Pats Cheese their ass!

LJ11 said:
:p

PS: nm about taking the pats in the draft...gimme chargers! 90% completion/2 TDs for Rivers and 213 yards/2TDs for LT...and I wasn't even playing my best!

SickBoy said:
I find the 3-4 glitch talk a touch unsettling... I've made 3-4 closer to my bread-and-butter -- I'm used to it having typically played as the Chargers -- and I always control NT.

I will say that I never call DE Contain, but I have had instances of unrealistic pressure -- specifically, both games against Ramirez and only on PA passes. I'm not sure why it happened, because I was playing defenses I've played time and again against other opponents that didn't generate those results. I can maybe generate pressure once or twice a game, but that's about it.

I've had other games where I've put the QB on the ground a lot, but in most cases, those are from carefully (or recklessly) applied blitzing...

It apparently is any 3 lineman play not just in the 3-4 where the de's play contain. then a pinch and a crash. I assume we will add that to the list of banned plays. That said the crazy amounts of pressure in this game aren't limited to just that, but are not because of a exploit, just bad oline ai.

Shawnwhann said:
Moving on...guess it's you and me in the first round Mr Bob...you wanna give me home advantage out of pity?!? I finished 12-4 and I deserve at least one home game!!!

Bob is currently out of the playoffs? Did you mean slo?

Slo

Sable, I'd like to publicly apologize to you. I still feel that the way I played was the best way to utilize my scrub team, but the rules are clear and I broke them. I'm sorry.

With that said, I'm going to finish the season either 10-6 or 9-7, which puts me in line for a bottom 12 draft pick and another garbage team. It is not in my interest at all to give up my playoff spot but not give up my record. So I'm going to force the issue. FMT, if I make the playoffs and you don't want to see me in there, then strip me of some of my wins.

Sable, I'd like to again offer you a rematch. And as I mentioned I will play with Holcomb. He's a noodle arm, but my rolling style of play is not possible with him, and it should guarantee you a fair game. You'll also probably not lose Portis this time. Do you really want to back into the playoffs on a technicality? Why not prove that you deserve it?

Slo said:
Sable, I'd like to publicly apologize to you. I still feel that the way I played was the best way to utilize my scrub team, but the rules are clear and I broke them. I'm sorry.

With that said, I'm going to finish the season either 10-6 or 9-7, which puts me in line for a bottom 12 draft pick and another garbage team. It is not in my interest at all to give up my playoff spot but not give up my record. So I'm going to force the issue. FMT, if I make the playoffs and you don't want to see me in there, then strip me of some of my wins.

Sable, I'd like to again offer you a rematch. And as I mentioned I will play with Holcomb. He's a noodle arm, but my rolling style of play is not possible with him, and it should guarantee you a fair game. You'll also probably not lose Portis this time. Do you really want to back into the playoffs on a technicality? Why not prove that you deserve it?

Bare with me this will be a little long.

Thanks for the apologies, they are appreciated and accepted.

There will be no backing in. The only way I'll make the playoffs is if you win (since I hold the tiebreaker over mrbob, but not you) and airbrian losses a couple more. Frankly as to your last question on deserving it, I don't deserve it. Not after losing three in a row here in the final weeks (which on second thought makes it backing in if I somehow make it). I'm perfectly fine saying that and I have no problems sitting the playoffs out.

I don't want the win against you on a "technicality" and I don't think FMT has any plans of doing so.

If FMT does end up stripping you of some of your wins or whatever then certainly I will replay you as I don't want a freebie win.

If he doesn't and you are still adamant about replaying I will certainly play you again just send me a im. Just don't feel like you have to rematch me.

Both cases are on the terms that you still use TJack again (unless you feel Holcomb is your better player now), just don't roll out every passing play and most certainly don't do it immediately after the snap every passing play. I don't want you taking out players just to satisfy me, if I win and TJack didn't play it would be the same as a freebie to me in that I know I didn't beat you with your best team.

I had no other problems with your play style and even said I thought you were good enough that you don't need to play like that. I never was asking you for a lineup change or a free win off a rule, just a play style change.

Fifty

Here's my reasoning why Slo shouldn't be stripped of wins.

- It'd take too long to make up the games, and we're already gonna struggling to finish the games by Monday

- Sable was the only person who brought the issue into the public eye, and by bringing it up in the thread we were able to fix and address it. It might have bothered other people, but not enough to get it corrected (unless they bitched to FMT in private)

I do however think the game should be replayed, with T Jack in. It was a crucial game and the rules were broken. Slo's a good guy so he should get a chance to play legit IMO. It shouldn't be that hard to correct.. Just don't scramble every play.

Fifty said:
Here's my reasoning why Slo shouldn't be stripped of wins.

- It'd take too long to make up the games, and we're already gonna struggling to finish the games by Monday

- Sable was the only person who brought the issue into the public eye, and by bringing it up in the thread we were able to fix and address it. It might have bothered other people, but not enough to get it corrected (unless they bitched to FMT in private)

I do however think the game should be replayed, with T Jack in. It was a crucial game and the rules were broken. Slo's a good guy so he should get a chance to play legit IMO. It shouldn't be that hard to correct.. Just don't scramble every play.

fine with me, this ok with you slo?

Slo

That's fine. I think I'm playing with Ando tonight, and I've got a party to go to tommorrow night. Sunday work for you?

Slo said:
That's fine. I think I'm playing with Ando tonight, and I've got a party to go to tommorrow night. Sunday work for you?

Sure as long as its before or after the skins game (no idea what time minny plays, but I assume u want to see that as well).

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
I think stripping wins from someone who was not breaking a rule at the time he did those things is stupid. Is that what we are talking about here?

DenogginizerOS said:
I think stripping wins from someone who was not breaking a rule at the time he did those things is stupid. Is that what we are talking about here?

Nope, I don't think anybody aside from Slo mentioned stripping wins. I certainly wasn't calling for him to be stripped of any wins (i just wanted the play style issue corrected), I think he just was saying if FMT did strip him. That said the situation we are discussing was in the rules before.

Mrbob

DB Reactions- changes to the way that DBs play man coverage. Defenders in man coverage won't be able to react to passes that they cannot see. This should make it easier to throw against man coverage.

Oh shitz, might be time to bring the sex cannon out of retirement.

Striker

True,

Are you unable to play our game? I remember you sent a message to your Xbox Live Friends about a problem you were having with something online.

Gunstar77

GAF Madden 2006 Season 1 NFC Champ
DB Reactions- changes to the way that DBs play man coverage. Defenders in man coverage won't be able to react to passes that they cannot see. This should make it easier to throw against man coverage.

So, we will be able to throw over the top again?? FINALLY!!

Fifty

Sickboy, when can you play in the next few days? You're one of the few teams remaining that has 2 games left but also is in the playoff picture. We can't flip a coin on those games. If Air Brian won't be around to play you maybe someone else should fill in for the Rams that game. I'm only singling you out because of your weird hours. Let us know when you are able to play, in advance, and I'll see if I can find someone to face you then.

LJ11

Rorschach said:
I think we're gonna have to relearn how to pass. And Matrix is gonna dominate once again!

I'm kind of worried about what this patch may do to the deep ball. As long as the deep bomb doesn't become money, I think it will be fine. Defensively however, we may really have to adjust our playcalling.

Rorschach

If you need someone available late nights, I might be able to fill in since a lot of people are dirty east coasters!

LJ11 said:
I'm kind of worried about what this patch may do to the deep ball. As long as the deep bomb doesn't become money, I think it will be fine. Defensively however, we may really have to adjust our playcalling.
Yeah, it may break some things, but at least they're tryin'! I played as the Pats (yes I feel dirty) against DM the other day and Moss had a guy beat by about 10 yards and was all alone because they bit on the PA and still wasn't able to catch it because it was a throw made to be caught in stride. Those are picked up by defenders automatically. They'll catch up and swat every time. If it was a jump ball, he would have caught it easily. :|

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Rorschach said:
I think we're gonna have to relearn how to pass. And Matrix is gonna dominate once again!

I think I know what team I want for season 2!

fullj.getty-75557887db026_carolina_pant.jpg

AirBrian

AirBrian said:
I have games with Sickboy, AZ, Striker, and Truelize as well. When do you guys want to play?
I'll be around most of the weekend, so let me know when you fellas want to play!

BTW, Sickboy, I should be up pretty late tonight and tomorrow night, so throw out some times you can play.

LJ11

Rorschach said:
Yeah, it may break some things, but at least they're tryin'! I played as the Pats (yes I feel dirty) against DM the other day and Moss had a guy beat by about 10 yards and was all alone because they bit on the PA and still wasn't able to catch it because it was a throw made to be caught in stride. Those are picked up by defenders automatically. They'll catch up and swat every time. If it was a jump ball, he would have caught it easily. :|

It's definitely a good sign, EA responding to the fans is always a good thing. Defenders do play the deep bomb a bit too well, so sometimes the jump ball is the only way to go with certain receivers. I'm blessed with Evans and he finds a way to get open deep. With Price on the other hand, he gets no separation even with his 92 speed. I have to hope he jumps up and grabs it, but his vertical is non existent.

SickBoy

NOTE TO FINS AND RAMS

AirBrian, if you're available late tonight I should be home around midnight Pacific. I can play pretty much right when I get home. Same goes for Demon....

As for tomorrow, my weekend schedule isn't as fluid as it usually is. Ideal time would be noon PT to play... I might have a little flexibility, but if either of you guys have specific times oyou're available let me know. I'll try to respond tonight while I'm at work (limited net access there) or when I get home. I can probably also work something out early on Sunday (pre-game) or on Sunday night.

SickBoy

sableholic said:
It apparently is any 3 lineman play not just in the 3-4 where the de's play contain. then a pinch and a crash. I assume we will add that to the list of banned plays. That said the crazy amounts of pressure in this game aren't limited to just that, but are not because of a exploit, just bad oline ai.

Bob is currently out of the playoffs? Did you mean slo?

So sorry, is that audible to pinch then audible to crash? Like two audibles on one play? If so I can handle that... if you can't audible at all, that kinda sucks.

Thank god for the patch coming soon. I had a below average year for me passing the ball because of the super DBs.

When you lead the league in passing percentage among starters all year and 5th in passing yards....while having a 15/19 TD/INT ratio...there are issues with the game. My recent successes in the passing game have come in spite of the db issues, and I can't wait to sling it around circa season 8 style!!

Fix the d-line issues next and maybe season 12 will be perfect!!

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
My passing game all year, after the first few miserable games, have been short, easy, hard to mess up passes. It's why I've got an 11.6 ypc mark at QB. Not that I have great WR's either. 1185 yards and 5 TD/12 INT's for Hasselback through 13 games :/

Sable said:

If this sort of opinion becomes more pronouced by others, I'll detail my objection with banning it and how it is not fair to teams that exclusively run the 3-4... If someone is going to try and run on me up the middle, crashing is one of my only weapons to stop the running up the gut. I'm not saying you dont have a case, but I have one as well that supports the notion that no action should be taken.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Um...no

When I think it works a decent % of the time out of the 4-3, and a high % of the time out of the 3-4, Crash in might be broken. Now, the question is, Can Crash in with the normal spread of the DLine be "acceptable" versus bringing the DLine in tight, then Pinch in?

AirBrian

SickBoy said:
NOTE TO FINS AND RAMS

AirBrian, if you're available late tonight I should be home around midnight Pacific. I can play pretty much right when I get home. Same goes for Demon....

As for tomorrow, my weekend schedule isn't as fluid as it usually is. Ideal time would be noon PT to play... I might have a little flexibility, but if either of you guys have specific times oyou're available let me know. I'll try to respond tonight while I'm at work (limited net access there) or when I get home. I can probably also work something out early on Sunday (pre-game) or on Sunday night.
Tomorrow at Noon (your time) works for me!

SickBoy said:
So sorry, is that audible to pinch then audible to crash? Like two audibles on one play? If so I can handle that... if you can't audible at all, that kinda sucks.

I believe that it is the first case you mentioned (audible to pinch then audible to crash) although it might be crash in general without just pinching.

Shawnwhann said:
If this sort of opinion becomes more pronouced by others, I'll detail my objection with banning it and how it is not fair to teams that exclusively run the 3-4... If someone is going to try and run on me up the middle, crashing is one of my only weapons to stop the running up the gut. I'm not saying you dont have a case, but I have one as well that supports the notion that no action should be taken.

The thing is theres multiple other ways to stop the running up the gut that don't abuse the offensive line ai and create insta-pressure. The a-gap pressure this thing creates is redonkulous.

LiveWire

Jube3 said:
Hey demon or daws can you guys play tonight? I know I owe you one daws for tuesday.

Yea, I'm back from California and free all night to play. Turned on my 360 and will be leaving it on all night, so if you see me on XBL or AIM, msg me. If I see any of you (Ravens, Bengals, Pats owners) I will msg you for a game.

SickBoy

Demon: what's your gamertag? I'll add you and see if you're around when I get back home tonight...

AirBrian said:
Tomorrow at Noon (your time) works for me!

That's actually 11 my time... I just use Pacific 'cause I figure it's a more normal conversion for folks...

Striker

I forgot True's computer went out (?). I messaged him on XBL, though.

AirBrian,

You're my final opponent of this glorious season of mine, so we can play this weekend if the week opens up. I hope to play Truelize and try to get the Seahawks game off my chest, too. :(

Matrix said:
I think I know what team I want for season 2!

fullj.getty-75557887db026_carolina_pant.jpg
:O

You might be too late...

SickBoy

Suggestion... once the playoffs start, we should start getting the non-playoff teams to choose their teams.

I know the SB winner can retain their team, but I'm sure a lot of progress can be made regardless...

LiveWire

SickBoy said:
Cool... if we can't find each other tonight, is there any time that works well for you tomorrow? (My tag is FisheyeLens, FYI).

I'll be out for at least a few hours during the day, and not sure if I'll be out at night, so if possible either tonight or early tomorrow morning (9AM Eastern?). Sunday is completely booked.

LiveWire

SickBoy said:
Suggestion... once the playoffs start, we should start getting the non-playoff teams to choose their teams.

I know the SB winner can retain their team, but I'm sure a lot of progress can be made regardless...

Agreed. Let's just set me up with the Patriots right now.

Mrbob

Sable I got full confidence in you to get the job done in your final matchup with the Vikings!

Remember, this is a win/win situation here! You win, we both get a playoff spot! :D

SickBoy

LiveWire said:
I'll be out for at least a few hours during the day, and not sure if I'll be out at night, so if possible either tonight or early tomorrow morning (9AM Eastern?). Sunday is completely booked.

Tonight is really best for me, but like I say, I'm not back until pretty damn late (especially if you're out east -- like just before 3 your time).

Relatively late Saturday night might work, but I do have evening plans with the wife.

But we'll figure things out...

Slo

Mrbob said:
Sable I got full confidence in you to get the job done in your final matchup with the Vikings!

Remember, this is a win/win situation here! You win, we both get a playoff spot! :D

When I beat him, it'll be like beating you too! 2 for 1 special!

Top Bottom