• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Madden Season 10 Official Thread: I want you back for good!

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
ChrisJames said:
Hey Lonestar, I can play in ~30 min. if you're around.

I'll send you a message on XBL when I can play.

Ok, but can I play as the Titans ;P I can actually move the ball :(

Rorschach

WTF @ no Howard upgrade?! None of my defenders got an upgrade even though a bunch deserved it (Morrison for example), but what they've done to Howard in this game is a crime. He had 3 ints in 3 games 2 returned for TDs. He runs a 4.4, and it shows on the field, but in this game he's slow as fuck. He has 4 INTs overall in the nfl and yet no hands in Madden. The Broncos LBs, who hadn't had pick for YEARS, somehow have hands and speed. This game is bunk! I call shenanigans!

Also, how come Lolpepper didn't get a downgrade? Criminal.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Punt return fumble and interception. Both deep in my territory. Oh well. GG. Jube.

Malley,

Put me out of my misery. Let me know when you want to play.

Slo said:
Sable, if you want a rematch. I'll play with Holcomb.

See thats the thing, why couldn't you just offer to rematch me and play TJack, just cutting out the cheese? I dont want that rematch offer (or any rematch offer) just like I dont want FMT to award me the win. The last few opponents of yours have had to deal with the same problems I have and then you'd have to replay them as well. I don't want the win, I just want that type of play out of the league. I, like many others, play this league so I don't have to deal with that crap. If I wanted that, I'd just play random people online like i used to. You have a good team, a good rb, etc. You don't need to play cheap. Anyways lets just drop this till FMT comes and gives his input.

Lonestar

if we ban the PA boot, I'm out. If it's considered "cheap" then so is 1-2 second pressure, constant blitz's, etc.

Andokuky

Banned
Man constant play action with 100% rollout just sounds like pure cheese imho. It's the type of crap you'd get from 50% of the people in lobby games if Vick were still in the game. Play action is bad enough in this game with the lineman and others biting so damn much, using it a lot and combining it will constant rollouts would just make for a frustrating ass game. The fact that we aren't allowed to spread the line makes it even worse.

Gunstar77

GAF Madden 2006 Season 1 NFC Champ
Wellington said:
The best part is he is a superstar pass blocker. :lol

I think I will stick with the DT :lol :lol :lol

I think I will move inside to DT for Season 2.

Since we are discussing things that maybe unfair, let me bring something up. I am not going to name any names but we really need to cut down on the audibles, especially on 3rd down. One of my opponents this past season would send a guy in motion on just about every 3rd down play and determine man or zone and then call an audible to the play they wanted. So then I started audibling my defense to counter them and they would start the process all over again. I know that audibles are a part of the game but on every 3rd down is a little much.

Andokuky said:
Man constant play action with 100% rollout just sounds like pure cheese imho. It's the type of crap you'd get from 50% of the people in lobby games if Vick were still in the game. Play action is bad enough in this game with the lineman and others biting so damn much, using it a lot and combining it will constant rollouts would just make for a frustrating ass game. The fact that we aren't allowed to spread the line makes it even worse.

Exactly

Fifty

It'd be great to see the playoffs start on Monday. I know AZ Greg is going to try and play his games starting today, Striker is trying..Lonestar is around as well...Truelize has had Xbox problems, and he's having a blast right now with Eragon edit: Just realized Jube posted in this thread today, saying he wanted to play Denog and his schedule has been mad busy. Hopefully it clears up a bit.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Fifty said:
It'd be great to see the playoffs start on Monday. I know AZ Greg is going to try and play his games starting today, Striker is trying..Lonestar is around as well...Truelize has had Xbox problems, and he's having a blast right now with Eragon edit: Just realized Jube posted in this thread today, saying he wanted to play Denog and his schedule has been mad busy. Hopefully it clears up a bit.

I just played Jube. I need Malley to show up.

LukeSmith

Gunstar77 said:

Since we are discussing things that maybe unfair, let me bring something up. I am not going to name any names but we really need to cut down on the audibles, especially on 3rd down. One of my opponents this past season would send a guy in motion on just about every 3rd down play and determine man or zone and then call an audible to the play they wanted. So then I started audibling my defense to counter them and they would start the process all over again. I know that audibles are a part of the game but on every 3rd down is a little much.

I audible constantly at the line of scrimmage and use plenty of motion. In fact, my audible plays are just base plays that I will build off of and run no huddle. That audibling is partially psychological, unless the set is changing drastically have confidence in your defense!

Rorschach

Gunstar77 said:

WTF we're not allowed to adjust to the play?! That's called being smart. If I see a huge gap down the middle of the running lanes, I'm taking that shit. You have the option to audible on defense too, you know.

Let's ban everything! We can just let the computer play itself.

Rorschach said:
WTF we're not allowed to adjust to the play?! That's called being smart. If I see a huge gap down the middle of the running lanes, I'm taking that shit. You have the option to audible on defense too, you know.

Way to steal someones idea from a couple pages back :D

Slo

sableholic said:
See thats the thing, why couldn't you just offer to rematch me and play TJack, just cutting out the cheese? I dont want that rematch offer (or any rematch offer) just like I dont want FMT to award me the win. The last few opponents of yours have had to deal with the same problems I have and then you'd have to replay them as well. I don't want the win, I just want that type of play out of the league. I, like many others, play this league so I don't have to deal with that crap. If I wanted that, I'd just play random people online like i used to. You have a good team, a good rb, etc. You don't need to play cheap. Anyways lets just drop this till FMT comes and gives his input.

Holcomb is a statue. If he cheeses you, it's you're own damned fault.

Whatever. I'm glad this season is almost over. Good fucking riddance. I don't need this shit.

Gunstar77

GAF Madden 2006 Season 1 NFC Champ
Rorschach said:

Did you even read my post? I said: "I know that audibles are a part of the game but on every 3rd down is a little much." where did I say to ban audibles? Also you have hot routes & you can flip running plays as well to take advantage of a defense.

Slo said:
Holcomb is a statue. If he cheeses you, it's you're own damned fault.

Whatever. I'm glad this season is almost over. Good fucking riddance. I don't need this shit.

Did you read what I wrote? or just the first sentence? basically i just want you to stop the shady play and now basically I just want to drop this until FMT says something.

Jube3

Yo wellie can you play tonight or tommorow, Im tired of getting anonymous deaththreats via aim from the NFC :lol :lol

Rorschach

I want the Pats. :(

Did you even read my post? I said: "I know that audibles are a part of the game but on every 3rd down is a little much." where did I say to ban audibles? Also you have hot routes & you can flip running plays as well to take advantage of a defense.
Not all of us have smart QBs. I personally don't do it every time, but I wouldn't stop someone else from doing so. It's part of the chess match, I suppose.

Ramirez

DMczaf said:
I say we ban control altogether.

Lets just play in coach mode!

Konex is one step ahead of you.

I think if someone does actually scramble/rollout every play then manual blitzing should be ok. :lol

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Scrambling QB's arent impossible to stop you guys. Play some zone, cover the flats, have a DE or LB spy,user control a LB and watch the QB, its not impossible.

I should know, ive beat slo twice this season. twice!

YEAH I WENT THERE SLO! I OWN YOU!

Rorschach

Ramirez said:
Konex is one step ahead of you.

I think if someone does actually scramble/rollout every play then manual blitzing should be ok. :lol
It is once you leave the pocket and if the other player DOES rollout at the start of every passing down, then he'll be out of the pocket every time. >:D

Lonestar

it's why FMT was scared to play me again. I missed on some key long field goals that I KNOW Brown can make (Madden Brown*)

slo i talked to you about all the scrambling immediately after our game. do i understand why you do it? sure. but it would be like me saying "hey its cool if i blitz manually every play with patrick willis. after all it will cause the other team to have to gameplan for him and leave a TE AND a rb in. this will cause issues for the opposing offense. my defensive line isn't that great so i have to create pressure from somewhere!"

i'm not calling you a flat out cheeser and i think you are a good player in the league. while i cant comment on your game against sable (since i didn't see it!) i would consider what i played against annoying as fuck. CAN it be stopped? obviously it can because it has been stopped. is it fun to play against that? fuck no its not. it's also not fun to play against peyton manning and have him rape your defense but there is a difference.

here is a forumula for success with mike vick north:

1. hike ball
2. wait appox 1-2 seconds to diagnose which side the blitz or pressure will come from
3. scramble to the opposite side
4. ???
5. profit

my point is you SHOULD take advantage of what you have. tjack is a great scrambler in the game. so use it in some situations. but every play!? there isn't anything remotely fun about that.

far be it for me to accuse someone of scrambling out of the pocket to buy time because i do it with alex smith. i think the difference (to me at least, in our game) is that you did it literally every play. every. single. passing. play. at that point its like ok well if there is even a remote possibility this is a pass i HAVE to call this play or else he's going to scramble to one side and wait for a crossing route to open up.

so i implore you, and everyone in the league, to not abuse scrambling QB's. can you run roll outs with them? scramble with them to avoid pressure? use their talents? of course you can. but there is a difference between utilization and flat out abuse of a shitty player who happens to have a high speed rating at that position.

if you disagree with any of my points please provide feedback. im not here to single someone out and point a finger without talking about it.

SickBoy

The playaction boot is sort of a slippery slope, because my defense against it and anyone who brings it a lot is now to blitz the hell out of them... because maybe it's the Bengals, but there have been a lot of people who have gotten a ridiculous amount time back there against me.

Sim ball is great to aspire to, but I've seen a lot of non-sim this year, and that can only change so much, IMO. For example, in my most recent game against the Browns, the majority of my passes were PA (and I mean like 80%). But that's not necessarily the norm for me, and I was nursing a big lead all game. But it's still not necessarily sim. On the other end of the spectrum, it's not unusual to see PA on 3rd and 15 in the league...

The game is broken in a bunch of different ways. The blitz is one of the few reliable defenses against playaction... but anyone who subscribes to that theory winds up blitzing a lot... and the suspect O-line play becomes an even bigger deal... I know there have been plays where I've put seven men in protection (against less than seven rushers) and still had almost no time to throw. I think there's a laundry list of stuff... and probably more to be uncovered... but I think some things can be mitigated with adjustments on both defense and offense.

I'm neither defending or taking issue with the rollouts, although sometimes I feel like the only coach who doesn't rely on them... I'm sure I've called less than one per game this year. On that front, I guess I'd have no problem if they were banned... take that, rollers... but seriously, doesn't matter. Every play, probably not, but there are probably other things that happen very frequently too... weird user-controlled motion, weird user-controlled substitution, weird user-controlled weirdness, Jube not running up the score when he's winning (we play SIM BALL here, Patriots!)

I'm having fun with the league... and I'm damn glad it exists, because it's the only way I play the game, and I would probably have dumped Madden already if it wasn't around (and I paid a meagre $15 for it... $25 if you include what I paid to rent it when it first came out). In the end, I like to think that most of us are committed to making sure we're playing competitively, but also fairly... I'm sure there are occasional lapses.. but for the most part, it's a positive place to be.

Slo

I've talked to a lot of people, and the consensus seems to be that I need to stop. I'll respect that, but that also means that I'm probably done with the Vikes after this season. I'm sure some of you can lead them to 16-0 on AP's legs, fancy joystick work, and some fairy dust, but that makes you better men than me. I'll take some other cheesy ass team with more traditional talent.

I also want to forfeit my playoff spot. Ando, we can play the last game whenever you want.

FrenchMovieTheme said:
slo i talked to you about all the scrambling immediately after our game.

By talking to me, do you mean awarding TJack with Offensive POW? Ohhh......kayyy.....

do i understand why you do it? sure. but it would be like me saying "hey its cool if i blitz manually every play with patrick willis. after all it will cause the other team to have to gameplan for him and leave a TE AND a rb in. this will cause issues for the opposing offense. my defensive line isn't that great so i have to create pressure from somewhere!"

I see your point.

i'm not calling you a flat out cheeser and i think you are a good player in the league. while i cant comment on your game against sable (since i didn't see it!) i would consider what i played against annoying as fuck. CAN it be stopped? obviously it can because it has been stopped. is it fun to play against that? fuck no its not. it's also not fun to play against peyton manning and have him rape your defense but there is a difference.

Good point. Can we turn off all weapons, and all play as the same team? That way none of use would have any advantage/disadvantage. That sounds like the only way for all of us to have fun. Not just the people with advantages.

here is a forumula for success with mike vick north:

1. hike ball
2. wait appox 1-2 seconds to diagnose which side the blitz or pressure will come from
3. scramble to the opposite side
4. ???
5. profit

I love your Michael Vick comparision, because Jim Mora Jr. was the laughing stock of the nation for trying to make Vick a pocket passer, instead of just cheesing his legs all day. Watch some game film of Vick's most successful seasons. Vick rollout with an option to Crumpler every third play, with the other two plays being dives to Warrick Dunn for yards he didn't otherwise deserve.

my point is you SHOULD take advantage of what you have. tjack is a great scrambler in the game. so use it in some situations. but every play!? there isn't anything remotely fun about that.

far be it for me to accuse someone of scrambling out of the pocket to buy time because i do it with alex smith. i think the difference (to me at least, in our game) is that you did it literally every play. every. single. passing. play. at that point its like ok well if there is even a remote possibility this is a pass i HAVE to call this play or else he's going to scramble to one side and wait for a crossing route to open up.

so i implore you, and everyone in the league, to not abuse scrambling QB's. can you run roll outs with them? scramble with them to avoid pressure? use their talents? of course you can. but there is a difference between utilization and flat out abuse of a shitty player who happens to have a high speed rating at that position.

if you disagree with any of my points please provide feedback. im not here to single someone out and point a finger without talking about it.

Whether I disagree or not, the league has spoken. Consider me 0-16. Lord Brady, here I come.

Slo

I'm heading to work, so it'll have to be Friday or Sunday then. My cheese is cheesier than your cheese. Make your time.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Konex,Im free tonight 11 pm eastern on as long as my internet stays up :(

Sorry I wasnt around lastnight.

Jube3

Im playing my NBA game agaisnt shawn at 7est tonight but I can play after that so around 8est and above let me know. I have Daws, wellie and Demon DJ left ill hit yall up today to see if we can play :D

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
DenogginizerOS said:
Anyone know where Malley is?

I was on AIM from my phone while on the road to my house back from a week in NY , I am home for about an hour or two AT most then back up to NY for a convention tonight... i am playing my NBA league game now... message me on AIM if u want to try to fit it in after I am done with that..

GG, Bob. Take away those two pick 6s (that second one in your redzone really hurt) and it's a pretty close game. Your tight ends were eating me up, but you shouldn't have abandoned your running game from the very start. 4 carries for 12 yards for Benson? I'd never been up as much as I was so early in the game, so after that pick 6 to make it 35-7, I wasn't sure how to run my offense or manage the clock. Good luck in the playoffs (if Slo doesn't stop pouting :D ).

Anyway, I think it's time to reward Bush with POTW honors. 122 yds. 3 TDs. 44 receiving yards. He's the sole reason I've won 8 out of my last 9 games, and he needs some credit!!!

Top Bottom