• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Madden Season 10 Official Thread: I want you back for good!

Andokuky

Banned
I don't throw in routes to Walker, I throw them to Marshall and they are far from uncoverable :D

Jump balls unfortunately is true, not by choice though.

LukeSmith

Oh shit, Bob won. Ando determines is his playoff fate now. Ando beats slow, Bob goes, Ando throws the game to Slo for karmic revenge on Bob and Bob watches from the sidelines.

Andokuky

Banned
Didn't Slo say he was forfeiting his playoff spot in his last big post?

Oh I guess he took that part out. Fast QB's and strong run games are my weaknesses Bob, sorry but you're fucked :D However if you send me some money I can sign up for defense lessons.

LJ11

A couple of days ago someone brought something to my attention, I shrugged it off at the time, but I went digging yesterday and found some interesting things. About that pinching the D-line discussion we had a few weeks back, well there's a huge glitch in '08. It's a sack 90% of the time if you line up under center. I can post a Youtube vid if you guys want, it mostly involves 3 man lines. Let me know how you guys want to handle this.

Mrbob

LJ11 said:
A couple of days ago someone brought something to my attention, I shrugged it off at the time, but I went digging yesterday and found some interesting things. About that pinching the D-line discussion we had a few weeks back, well there's a huge glitch in '08. It's a sack 90% of the time if you line up under center. I can post a Youtube vid if you guys want, it mostly involves 3 man lines. Let me know how you guys want to handle this.

Yeah I would like to see this.

Rorschach

LJ11 said:
I would like to see this. No, not to cheat, I only play 4-3!! *shifteyes*

Fifty

Ignorance is bliss! No one in the league has done it...and we've already banned any presnap movement of the DT before the snap.

PM me the video..for commish purposes only, of course.

AirBrian

Fifty said:
It'd be great to see the playoffs start on Monday. I know AZ Greg is going to try and play his games starting today, Striker is trying..Lonestar is around as well...Truelize has had Xbox problems, and he's having a blast right now with Eragon edit: Just realized Jube posted in this thread today, saying he wanted to play Denog and his schedule has been mad busy. Hopefully it clears up a bit.

I have games with Sickboy, AZ, Striker, and Truelize as well. When do you guys want to play?

LJ11

Fifty said:
Ignorance is bliss! No one in the league has done it...and we've already banned any presnap movement of the DT before the snap.

PM me the video..for commish purposes only, of course.

You don't move any players, it's all controlled with shifting/crashing. The offensive line AI gets destroyed with a 3 man line. No manual movement.

I use a 3 man line on 3rd and longs, sometimes I pinch the line and bring a couple of linebackers behind them just to bring heat up the middle. With this stupid glitch you get instant pressure with a 3 man line if your opponent is lining up under center.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=KLecFv4SuHE

Here's what happens: If you choose a play that has your D-line playing contain, any line crashing (ie left right down up) isn't picked up by the O-line AI. Lets say you decide to crash your D-line down, even though you picked a contain play. After you change the line assignment, crash down for example, your DE's will still show a contain assignment, however when the ball is snapped they crash down. The O-line doesn't pick this up and it's almost an instant sack if your opponent is under center.

So to sum up, if you crash down and pinch down with a 3 man line playing contain, you're getting sacked if you snap the ball under center.

Fifty

Thanks. It looks like we'll have to amend the rules and ban that..and just hope that our league members are legit enough not to do it. Calling a contain play with 3 linemen then switching to an inside crash is something that I can't imagine a person doing unless they're trying to execute this glitch. It should be easy to prevent unless we've got assholes in the league. Thanks again for the info.

Mrbob

Holy crap I should have played more 3-4 in the madden league.

Mark Anderson CHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESE at full disposal. Damn.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
well my red ringed system is somehow working again. If someone wants to risk the frustration of starting a game with me and then my 360 dying I'm cool with that. I'm trying to get this thing dead by tomorrow so I can take it back. It will not look good if I walk in and they check it and it works.

I had about 8 lockups last night so it's probably not the best idea to play me right now :)

Fifty

There's a difference between a tactic and an exploit. One works sometimes and pisses people off, one works every time.

edit: I've tested out that play mentioned above. I used the Ravens D line against the average Packers O line in my tests.

I also did a better test..using the Rams D against the powerful Colts O line and it either created unrealistic pressure or generated a sack on every play.

- The play is indeed fucked up. It lets linemen through at a ridiculously unrealistic rate. It does not work 100% of the time, but it works so often that it would be foolish not to ban it, especially because it's not something that people should be doing in the first place (who calls contain and then chooses to crash inside?)

Fifty

Lonestar said:
so, which crash is it? 3 man rush? Certain play?

3-4 formation for sure (I'm not sure if nickel or other 3 D-Lineman formations have it)

the play is DE contain. the problem is crashing your lineman in. (as opposed to the outside rush they automatically do) The play without the crash isn't broken. I'm sure when I/FMT update the rules page we'll give the specifics again.

I'm saying all this stuff myself because I can't imagine anyone having a problem with it being banned.

P.S: Play your games! Let Fifty get a new season 2 team, and let me stop hunting you down on AIM like the sad pathetic person that I am.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
hey, True's been iffy on the game, I can't connect with Striker at all, and I haven't talked to Daws

De: So have I, tons of times, and plenty of times my D does it to my opponent.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Just for the record, I am not going to accuse anyone. It is hard to prove and I have no desire to stir things up. I am commenting more towards the fact that the O-Line AI in this game is FUBAR.

Lonestar

Yeah, I'm not taking it as an accusation, I'm agreeing. It happens on Crashing, and happens at seemingly random times with 4 down linemen, 5, goalline, 3 man, etc.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Konex,you around?

Striker

Lonestar, want to try our game?

Fifty/FMT,

Since Lonestar and myself have had problems connecting yesterday and with our teams being out of contention, does it truly matter if it got played? We tried twice yesterday and disconnected us. :(

I tried a scrimmage with a friend on my Friends List and it went smooth. I assume Lonestar's went well, too.

Lonestar

except I think I might have an outside shot at the playoffs. If I win out. Not sure what the playoff records are going to be

Fifty

Striker said:
Since Lonestar and myself have had problems connecting yesterday and with our teams being out of contention, does it truly matter if it got played? We tried twice yesterday and disconnected us. :(

I think all games matter, at least for the season 2 draft position if nothing else. In your case it's kind of a tricky situation..we haven't had anyone not able to play each someone because of disconnections this season, at least I can't recall a time.

however I personally wouldn't have a problem with assigning a few wins if both players agreed on the outcome or one person isn't to be found. It's always better if you can't play your games and the league is about to finish to let someone else play your games as a fill-in than to have them go unplayed or keep people waiting (we're not at that point yet, I'm just saying)

:lol nice wellington!

Actually if we meet again it would be in the conference finals. How fitting would that be?!? I'm sure FMT and DM will have something to say about that though!

Jube3

Andokuky said:
Wow Jube and Wellie in OT, looks like a good game.

Yea it was a really good game. Wellies running game was on point (something like 220 yards rushing!) Lots of defense, really fun game to play.

Rorschach

If I could have Maroney, I'd put up 4,000 yards at the 8 game mark. I'm just sayin'. That's all I'm doing is sayin'. Please CAN I HAVE THE PATS?!

Oh yeah that's right...I can honestly care less where I play. In the most humble way I can communicate this, I feel pretty confident against any of you guys as I have a pretty good grasp on what you all like to try and do.

Still cant believe I am going to potentially finish 12-4 and have to play on the road all playoffs. Life isnt fair!!

Rorschach

Shawnwhann said:
Oh yeah that's right...I can honestly care less where I play. In the most humble way I can communicate this, I feel pretty confident against any of you guys as I have a pretty good grasp on what you all like to try and do.

Still cant believe I am going to potentially finish 12-4 and have to play on the road all playoffs. Life isnt fair!!
I don't think anyone really has a "pretty good grasp" on moochball. It's not meant to be grasped even by the coaches using it.

DMczaf

I'm the gift that keeps on giving.

Madden 08 Patch details

http://maddenfb.com/blogs/game/archive/2007/10/25/next-gen-madden-nfl-08-update.aspx

Here is a list of the fixes that you will see in the upcoming patch:

Fumble Fix - Reduced fumble chances in certain situations. This has been tested thoroughly and we feel that people will be happy with a more realistic (and more fun!) number of fumbles. This was priority number 1 for us.

DB Reactions- changes to the way that DBs play man coverage. Defenders in man coverage won't be able to react to passes that they cannot see. This should make it easier to throw against man coverage.

Favre "Moonwalk"- I love the names that you guys come up with for issues such as this one. You can rest assured that you won't see Farve (or any QB) dancing toward the sideline anymore.

Hook Zone Flip Bug- I saw a post on a community forum talking about this bug and it turns out the fix was very minimal risk. You can now flip plays with hook zones without the players leaving their zones.

Franchise - Fixed NCAA import issue where players would turn 26

Franchise - Fixed bug where HOF Unlocked players cannot be released in Franchise.

Rorschach

I know I'm alone here, but I didn't think fumbles were as big of an issue as some people were making it.

DB Reactions- changes to the way that DBs play man coverage. Defenders in man coverage won't be able to react to passes that they cannot see. This should make it easier to throw against man coverage.
I came.

Rorschach

DMczaf said:
:lol

And you know why I'm laughing!
Every statement ever made about Madden has a small asterisk next to it and that asterisk represents Patriots gameplay.

You got an RB button, boyo! Use it!

PS: Bennett can go to hell!

Striker

Fifty said:
I think all games matter, at least for the season 2 draft position if nothing else. In your case it's kind of a tricky situation..we haven't had anyone not able to play each someone because of disconnections this season, at least I can't recall a time.

however I personally wouldn't have a problem with assigning a few wins if both players agreed on the outcome or one person isn't to be found. It's always better if you can't play your games and the league is about to finish to let someone else play your games as a fill-in than to have them go unplayed or keep people waiting (we're not at that point yet, I'm just saying)
It's just weird. We played great in Week 2. Now it's saying Lost Connection after one or two plays. I'll keep trying, since it won't conflict with the playoffs, anyways.

Lonestar,

I can play tomorrow if you want to try again.

Top Bottom