• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Mafia] NX Launch Night |OT| Back of the Line!

Come on Blarg

giphy.gif

NOPE, YOU'RE GONNA HAVE TO SUBSTITUTIARY LOCOMOTE ME, LAUNCH

YEAH THAT'S RIGHT I KNOW MY LORE, I GOT MY LUNA LOVEGOOD COSPLAY AVATAR ON, WITCH

JUST FOR THIS HARRY POTTER NX GEN LAUNCH EVENT

SO DO IT

BRING IT

Fireblend

Banned
This melt down is in honor of Danganronpa Another Episode coming out in a few hours.
Wait, really? Oh man. Now I have to get both that and Steins;Gate at some point =/

Anyway I'm off to play some DK Freeze coop and then do my Hearthstone daily quest. You guys deal with Bat.

Sorian

Banned
Blarg, I'll just call your override bluff now.

Batsy, I'm going to bed for a bit but I expect to see you answer my question (or Ouro's) when my insomnia wakes me up.

I don't know where that is

Cause Launch didn't bring up Bats, Ouro did.

-------------

Kark, are you enjoying your hunter tease?

Blarg, I'll just call your override bluff now.

Who said I was bluffing, SalvaPot

Jesus, can't even spell highlight right on the first go. What am I even standing in this line with you people for?

That was an intentional feint meant to inspire a false sense of security of victory in the opponent by encouraging their perceptions of incompetence on the part of yours truly

SalvaPot

Who said I was bluffing, SalvaPot

That was an intentional feint meant to inspire a false sense of security of victory in the opponent by encouraging their perceptions of incompetence on the part of yours truly

Sorian called your bluff, not me.

I am just here waiting for you to do something noteworthy.

Sorian called your bluff, not me.

I am just here waiting for you to do something noteworthy.

Stop trying to change the subject to Sorian; so you're saying you weren't the one who posted after me, then?

Well, I don't see Sorian's name or avatar on Post #1357

Trying to sidewind your way out of the hellscape you chose, SalvaPot? tsk-tsk

It's coming for you, SalvaPot

I'm going to leave you hanging now until the very last minute of Day 1, SalvaPot

I got no way out of this so I'm proceeding to publicly double-down on it

Even though I don't have to, because everything I'm promising to you will happen eventually because you made me do it

So I'm going to disappear for a suspicious amount of time in order to make you and everyone watching feel more and more uneasy about my absence

Even though I'm actually still here, just lurking and reading over everyone's posts, working on my reads

Which I'm never going to share with any of you because I operate on internalized feels

Darryl

Banned
Heard a few claims of holding accountability. This game isn't large enough for your personal statement of accountability to matter. Reads like a pre-emptive way of guilting anyone who actually wants people to be held accountable for the weird things they do. It doesn't need to be stated as a way of convincing others. It seems like a self-aware statement that they're knowingly acting odd, not in full faith.

Batsnacks, I don't know what to do with you. I don't know if I actually said it but at one point I was fed up and was ready to lynch either you or Sorian for being so eager to push along the Kark/Launch trash wagon, egging it on. However, the idea of leaving the previous bullet time battle untouched is unnerving with how short the game is. I don't like how that one resolved.

You said you're a jailer and you want to prove it. How do we prove that? I tried to look the role up and it looks like we would need another PR to out himself and fail to use one of his actions (??). What does this do? Why are you not clearer about the role name? Did I miss something?

That post by Blarg was just ace. I still haven't caught up yet apparently. This thread is moving so fast.

I'm intentionally playing like this because I want to subvert the tropes about myself

Even though I've been playing the exact same way and haven't changed a thing, it's apparently working

I don't even who I'm talking about anymore because I'm typing these sentences here to setup my own future role claim to guarantee that it's perceived as true due to references about myself that I myself have placed

Even though my references are totally flying over people's heads, they'll all believe me once I refer back to them in the format of a long post with interspersed pictures and formal grammar and spelling presented in a casual tone

Heard a few claims of holding accountability. This game isn't large enough for your personal statement of accountability to matter. Reads like a pre-emptive way of guilting anyone who actually wants people to be held accountable for the weird things they do. It doesn't need to be stated as a way of convincing others. It seems like a self-aware statement that they're knowingly acting odd, not in full faith.

Batsnacks, I don't know what to do with you. I don't know if I actually said it but at one point I was fed up and was ready to lynch either you or Sorian for being so eager to push along the Kark/Launch trash wagon, egging it on. However, the idea of leaving the previous bullet time battle untouched is unnerving with how short the game is. I don't like how that one resolved.

You said you're a jailer and you want to prove it. How do we prove that? I tried to look the role up and it looks like we would need another PR to out himself and fail to use one of his actions (??). What does this do? Why are you not clearer about the role name? Did I miss something?

That post by Blarg was just ace. I still haven't caught up yet apparently. This thread is moving so fast.

I appreciate you keeping us honest, Darryl. You focus on things and bring opinions that nobody thinks of, and you're a valuable player because of that.

So, don't be scum, ok?

I'm apparently asking for the most astute power role to prove me right even though no one can prove me wrong, and if I rely on the others to put forward more suspicious candidates while I hide in plain sight, I can surf to the end and none will be the wiser

Even though I wasn't asking for it, it will come to me anyway because of the controversy I've caused and at a favourably later date after having bade my time while the others have fought over essentially nothing and will all continue to until that nothing is depleted

By that time I will have completed my work and be ready to present it to the others even though my work means essentially nothing in the short run of the game and relies on fools eating it up, crapping it out and flinging it at each other until my group-digested nothing sticks to someone and drowns them in their own filth

I talk and it makes other people talk and acknowledge my existence for the benefit of the group

Eventually I will grow to control the discussion and generate for myself an immunity from scrutiny based on how much I talk about other people not talking

Through my natural assumption of the podium via virtue of talking I will guide the others to a victory that is not their own, but entirely mine and if the rest happen to be in my group, then good for them

I will intersperse my posts with notes about my activity unrelated to the game and thus subtly generate a sense of heightened familiarity that will help to ensure my immunity from scrutiny is preserved through camaraderie, encouraging those I endear to tout my presence as a necessity for a win and allowing them do the real work for me

Fireblend

Banned
What in the world is going on in this thread. Did we all just collectively gave up on every shred of sanity left in our minds right after Bat role-claimed?

It's almost like I accidentally stepped into a drunken GAF thread.

Maybe it's also a sign I should go to sleep. I'm gonna do that.

Top Bottom