• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Mafia] NX Launch Night |OT| Back of the Line!

We really need votes from Lone_prodigy and fireblend, Votes gives us the most information to go on during day 2, so not voting is not an option. I will give the goddamn a pass for now because he seems to have some real life troubles.

The way I see it, Kark and Batsnacks both behaved super weird in my book. Kark however has role claimed ordinary kid, while Bats claimed what is probably our most valuable PR outside of the potential role alignment cop. Also, there is a way to test Bats his claim without using our potential cop, there isn't for Kark. So that's why I am currently inclined to lynch kark, and check Bats his alignment through Cabbeh his test.

What about me and Launch tho

Would you just shut up already and let us work on the real topic at hand? It's not about you.

4qtkQPm.gif

NOT ONLY ARE YOU DEFLECTING, YOU'RE STILL TAKING LONG TO RESPOND TO ME

THAT SHIT'S SUSPICIOUS, BLARGONAUT

UNVOTE: LaunchpadMcQ

VOTE: Blargonaut

4qtkQPm.gif

NOT ONLY ARE YOU DEFLECTING, YOU'RE STILL TAKING LONG TO RESPOND TO ME

THAT SHIT'S SUSPICIOUS, BLARGONAUT

UNVOTE: LaunchpadMcQ

VOTE: Blargonaut

See, this is what's making the gravity behind my vote mean absolutely nothing, because you keep flailing yours around like that. If you want to survive this, you better follow my lead or else they're going to take one of us out instead of one of these other, actually legitimate, high-profile targets.

Oh, who's taking long to respond now, Blarg?

What, can't think of anything else to say? Running out of material, is that it?

In fact, looking back, I didn't see you being active while I was allegedly away. Where the hell did YOU go, huh?

VOTE: Karkador

Now stop messing with the vote count and let these other people talk before the Day's up.

Ourobolus

Banned
Blarg, if you're trying to tell us that our current voting is insane, I don't think going insane yourself is the way to get that message across.

Blarg, if you're trying to tell us that our current voting is insane, I don't think going insane yourself is the way to get that message across.

YOU'RE JUST AS SANE AS I AM

THAT'S A HARRY POTTER QUOTE, OURO

I'M BRINGING IT BACK FOR THIS HARRY POTTER NX GEN LAUNCH EVENT

YOU'RE JUST AS SANE AS I AM

THAT'S A HARRY POTTER QUOTE, OURO

I'M BRINGING IT BACK FOR THIS HARRY POTTER NX GEN LAUNCH EVENT

WTF are you doing, that's not what I'm trying to say at all; ignore him, Ouro, at this point he's just corrupting the entire thread with his stupidity. We can policy-lynch him soon enough.

And I'm right here, Blarg, c'mon, still waiting.

WTF are you doing, that's not what I'm trying to say at all; ignore him, Ouro, at this point he's just corrupting the entire thread with his stupidity. We can policy-lynch him soon enough.

And I'm right here, Blarg, c'mon, still waiting.

ZS1wDqo.gif

LOL I DON'T HAVE TO JUSTIFY MYSELF TO YOU

VOTE: LaunchpadMcQ

I CAN SKIP THE UNVOTE LINE JUST LIKE YOU, NERD, BECAUSE DUCK CLARITY

Fireblend

Banned
I'm on my way to work, but I already see what happened is Blarg was most likely sedated yesterday and whatever he was on wore off while I slept. It's the most likely explanation.

As soon as I get to work I'll review the state of affairs and figure out who to vote for. Don't worry, of course I'll vote. I'm on mobile so I can't even see the current votes.

Ourobolus

Banned
Anyway, I don't believe batsnacks' role. I hope I'm right - if I'm wrong and he actually is a jailer, we potentially lose a powerful role when he gets lynched tonight.

That said, go easy on me if I'm wrong.

Sorian

Banned
Good Morning!

large.gif

You have to do whatever you can't NOT do, and I think it's easier to let snacks pass a little longer. The game started to agree all too quick once we settled on him. Lynch the new guy is easy enough?

What's a hard decision? Still just going for Launch?

I've no idea what bat is doing, it's truly a horrifying sight to behold. I saw the claim last night and it was the thing that sent me to bed.

Is there logic to Salva's view of believing my role claim but still wanting to kill me ASAP.

Is that a legit reaction to Miller?

Yes, I believe so at least. It depends if town wants information or to trust you. If I didn't think bats was acting scummy for awhile today then I would have voted you too because trust isn't something I have a lot of currently.

Sorries I guess but it's very bizarre to me that a town would lynch anyone that even says the word jailer.

I don't like the way this reads. It's the same thing you've been doing for awhile where you make it sound like we are making some huge mistake and then you supply a flimsy reason for that mistake. Lynching a jailer would suck (especially if that is our only doctor role) but saying you are a jailer wasn't just going to make us jump off your back. At least you finally supplied the flavor text (which kind of makes sense) but I honestly don't know. I still don't trust it. You continue to be amazed that you put up weak logic and then we don't believe you at face value and then whine at us in a way where we are supposed to feel dumb, it's scummy.

I appreciate Darryl and Blarg having us question the nonsense, but batsnacks is scum. There's no point in keeping him around

What made you change your mind? Just the meltdown? Cause you weren't buying what I was selling yesterday.

What made you change your mind? Just the meltdown? Cause you weren't buying what I was selling yesterday.

Like I said, it looked about as likely/feasible as Kark being mafia to me. Meltdowns sell me pretty hard on something though.

That said, don't take this to mean anything. I'm not saying "oh look I finally bought it, I must not be mafia" - I know that if I were mafia, we would have had decided that the meltdown was the point where we'd bus batsnacks out.

But I'm more than ok with the batsnacks lynch, as long as nobody takes this to mean Karkador is innocent. It's still a very real possibility.

Like I said, it looked about as likely/feasible as Kark being mafia to me. Meltdowns sell me pretty hard on something though.

That said, don't take this to mean anything. I'm not saying "oh look I finally bought it, I must not be mafia" - I know that if I were mafia, we would have had decided that the meltdown was the point where we'd bus batsnacks out.

But I'm more than ok with the batsnacks lynch, as long as nobody takes this to mean Karkador is innocent. It's still a very real possibility.

real possibility that he's mafia*

His behavior to me is just a notch underneath batsnacks'.

Sorian

Banned
We really need votes from Lone_prodigy and fireblend, Votes gives us the most information to go on during day 2, so not voting is not an option. I will give the goddamn a pass for now because he seems to have some real life troubles.

I meant to quote this by the way, I want to see a vote from L_P and Fire

Karkador

Banned
So we're approaching the end of the day here, so I'll give some final thoughts.

Mafia is a game that's going to have people who deliberately aren't being straight-forward, especially on Day 1. Having slept on it now, I realize that - and I think plays like Blarg's, while frustrating and difficult to understand, are really not that out of the norm for this game.

In order to not be straight-forward, you may have to stop making sense. You may also have to lie. A lie can misdirect Town, and it can misdirect scum. A lie is a neutral tool.

The nature of the game is that scum are more knowledged on Day 1 than most (if not all) other players, depending on the setup. It's my estimation that the more you know, the more you can lie about.

Now, maybe it's the case that scum has laid completely low this round, and it's the Town players who have blathered on. That's entirely possible, considering how many players haven't been that active. After all, mafia can't play ringleader to the circus if there's no circus.

But there has been a little bit of a circus.

We've seen players who have not made sense, or seem to be lying. Out of these people, batsnacks stinks the most. His reasoning and defense has contradicted itself more than once, and propping himself up with canned reasoning from a mafia strategy guide just isn't working - especially when he roleclaims something that seems like he has no idea what he's doing.

It's pretty obvious to me that batsnacks is lying. But is it a good lie, or a evil lie?

For one, he's pushed his narrative not really to shake people off his trail, but instead to lead a vote on others. That sounds like evil lying.

Next, his roleclaim involves leaving him around so that he can have a power role check him, or Jail a power role so that their blocked power 'proves' he worked. Basically, he wants to waste Town PR's time for information that could prove inconclusive. This sounds like evil lying.

Finally, in case it even needed to be stated, claiming any sort of Doctor role (and one that can't even self-target) is pretty much suicide. Not worried about getting night-killed, I suppose?

My vote is on batsnacks because even in the increasingly unlikely event that he's telling the truth, he's by far the deadest weight in the group.

batsnacks

I don't think you read the part where I said people I jail are notified by the host that they are jailed. So if I jail someone, they can't verify I'm telling the truth.

Ourobolus

Banned
Karkador said:
My vote is on batsnacks because even in the increasingly unlikely event that he's telling the truth, he's by far the deadest weight in the group.
This basically sums up my thoughts as well.

Fireblend

Banned
So, finally caught up and re-read the last bunch of pages as well as my own posts because I'm the most trustworthy guy around.

This day turned into such a shitshow lol. This group sure isn't disappointing so far. So, in my opinion what we have is a significant number of viable lynch targets that have at some point put the noose on themselves which I think we'd be justified in punishing.

There's Kark, whose play I didn't like at the time because I thought in retrospective it'd diminish the value of future reads on day 1. Now I think it catalyzed some interesting interactions, but his move was still risky and I think for it to yield some actual reads we'll need to lynch him at some point since so much of the discussion was about him. Does it have to be now? I'm worried that by letting him go now he'll lose relevance during day 2 and go unpunished, but hey, Launch is on his case and if he is a townie maybe his big contribution is yet to happen. Pls don't roleclaim again tho.

There's Cabbeh, who claimed miller. I have no issue believing him; if he was bluffing it'd go against his previous playstyle so hard he'd have to be an evil genius to pull it off. He feels like a liability to keep around but maybe not going into day 2; I'm partial to keeping him with us at least one more day. If he's bluffing, having him for day 2 may end up giving us valuable info. I say let's just keep an eye on him. And it's not like we're out of options.

And then there's finally Batsnacks. What happened man? I can totally see the scenario you've been trying to push: You come from a forum so experienced in playing mafia, that backing up your claims isn't necessary. That certain actions have been proven to work for so long and result in the same reactions so consistently that you're pretty much wired to think they *have* to work here. Where you just drop the word "jailor" and people follow a known formula. Where there's no way Mafia or town would do this or that. But this is GAFia! It's an entirely different animal. At least I don't have that much experience. You've been playing counter to how people play here so hard and obstinately that you seem prime for punishing. At this point I'm leaning towards not believing your role claim - the meltdown wasn't cute in the least and the way you expected everyone to just drop you at the mention of a word makes me think you were playing some last-chance gamble you assumed would work because "that's how it should be".

Oh, and I feel like Blarg's shenanigans make him a prime target for an eventual future lynch if he keeps it up. If he was scum, he could have been acting passive and coherent to gain some trust like some people said before he was 100% sure there was no way he'd get lynched today, but then as soon as he saw people lining up to get lynched he thought it was safe to go back to his Blargy ways without much repercussion. I trusted you Blarg, and I said as much earlier today. Help me trust you again.

VOTE: BATSNACKS

Sorry man. I really, really hope you were bluffing a role it took you a while to invent some flavor text for. Hitting scum would be nice, for now I'd settle with an obstinate townie who at some point suggested certain actions were worthy of making players immune from scrutiny.

Oh that reminds me, we have to consider the possibility that Fireblend is scum. Just because.

Well I can't argue with your flawless logic.

Man, this day 1 has been as eventful/draining as an entire ONUW game.

k that was good Blarg, now let me take the baton. I'll tag you back in later, probably.

Sooooo we're definitely lynching batsnacks the verifiable Jailer today, right

Not cabbeh the unverifiable-except-through-lynching Miller

or Kakarot the Carrot

or LaunchpadMcQ the Wererabbit

or me

Top Bottom