• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Mafia] NX Launch Night |OT| Back of the Line!

Timeaisis

Nope. Tomorrow will be though.
If there were two mafia, this whole "let's lynch someone for their information!" play makes little sense.

There are possibly 2 mafia left, meaning we have to hit them tonight and tomorrow. Lynching someone for info today means if they flip town we are likely screwed tomorrow. Unless there is one mafia and their flipping town gives us LOTS of info. Of course, there could only be one mafia left, as well.

So...here we go. If there are 2 mafia:

Option 1:
We Lynch Darryl
1. He flips town - Fuck. We hope to god that there is only one mafia left and that we can somehow find him tomorrow or the next day.
2. He flips scum. If he's the only one left, we win. If he's not, we lynch roy? Is that the grand plan? Because roy could just as likely be town at this juncture. This doesn't "prove" roy is scum or town. He's still just as likely to just be a tracker.

Option 2:
We Lynch Roy
1. He flips town tracker - Same as above, really. We don't get much information other than we now know Sorian did indeed visit Darryl. Woo.
2. He flips scum regular - Kind of implicates Sorian or Darryl
3. He flips scum tracker - Doesn't give us much info, but we got a kill I guess? We're probably shit out of luck for tomorrow, though. Maybe we get lucky.

Obviously, there are other options on the table here. We can lynch me, too. I'll highlight that, too. For fun.

Option 3:
Lynch me
1. I flip town (I will): - What does this get you? Does my death supply any leads as who's scum? Actually, yes. Everyone who is going the easy road by voting me. Like roy. Or cabbeh. Or LP. You're also now at Mylo.
2. I flip scum - Even if I were scum (hint: I'm not), literally no one is defending me anyway. So you don't get your second scum lead for tomorrow. GG.

Now, assuming we have 2 mafia left, best case is roy is lynched and he's a regular scum, worst case is we lynch Darryl and he flips town. My issue here is that if we lynch Darryl and he's scum we still don't really get any leads on who's his partner.

Now, let's assume we have 1 mafia left. Best case is we lynch either roy or Darryl and they are scum and we win. Worst case is we lynch either of them and they're not town. It doesn't really matter who we lynch today (roy or Darryl) because neither give us much info if they flip town. We have room to fuck up today.

I guess my point is do we want to operate under the assumption we only have 1 mafia left or 2? Because it really changes how we go about this.

So my thoughts are thusly:
If we've got one lynch left, kill me or roy. Either will probably give us info on who to target tomorrow (hell, roy might be scum!). And you have two days to find him or her.
If we've got two, lynch roy or Darryl. Sacrificing myself doesn't make sense today because you'd have to go 2 for 2 in the next two days.

There you go. There's my opinion on how we should play this.

cabot

You ignored my quoting highlighting your flip flop on your opinion of me, are we just to count that as me being overzealous or is the fact that you've had a reasonably positive opinion on me up until today where not only do you cast suspicion, you declare me a person who's been coasting since D1.

There was a post you did talking about your posting style and how you shouldn't be judged because you don't post often.

Read to me as scummy back then, if you're confident in your ability then clarifying that is pointless except as a 'hey guys trust me I'm town honest'

Burbeting is a player who gets by with low post counts because he gives valuable information in that low number of posts.

You've mostly been giving some throwaway thoughts that you don't really expand upon, and then maybe a vote or two.

cabot

Also, are we really entertaining the idea that there's only one mafia left?

I seriously doubt this game only had two mafia.

Timeaisis

You ignored my quoting highlighting your flip flop on your opinion of me, are we just to count that as me being overzealous or is the fact that you've had a reasonably positive opinion on me up until today where not only do you cast suspicion, you declare me a person who's been coasting since D1.

There was a post you did talking about your posting style and how you shouldn't be judged because you don't post often.

Read to me as scummy back then, if you're confident in your ability then clarifying that is pointless except as a 'hey guys trust me I'm town honest'

Burbeting is a player who gets by with low post counts because he gives valuable information in that low number of posts.

You've mostly been giving some throwaway thoughts that you don't really expand upon, and then maybe a vote or two.

Cabot, you are reading too much into it and being overdefensive. All I said is you've coasted by on your miller claim. I'm not saying you're scum. I'm just saying no one is suspicious of you right now while everyone is suspicious of everyone else. That is all.

You, LP and Sorian seem to have the least heat right now. That's just a statement. Not an accusation.

cabot

you can call it overdefensive all you like, it's an active contradiction in what you've said before and now.

You say I was pro-town and trying to move the game forward, how can you then call me on coasting afterwards

I gave up caring about dying a long time ago, right around the point where I claimed. You'll use up your only mislynch if its me, so thats a danger, but I'm not acting in the interest of saving my own skin. I'm seeing you as scum now and I'm reacting to it.

Timeaisis

You were trying to move the game forward. I suppose you still are till you started defending yourself or whatever. But I agree, lynching you today would be a mistake. All I'm saying is it seems like everyone has moved on from you. I guess that's fine. We went from "cabbeh is gonna have to die eventually" to making no mention of you at all. You haven't had to defend yourself since like D1. That's what I mean by coasting. You're not playing scummy or anything, just coasting.

We can't lynch you today. That makes no sense. But if roy and darryl and I are all town, then maybe you're a suspect.

Alright, fuck, guess I am being forced to role claim early. I really hoped to not have to do it until I had some usable results, but alas, that is not going to work now.

I am Drone kid.

I am a kid obsessed with Drones. I love flying them, building them and when I grow up I want to go in the army and use drones to blow shit up. I am also kind of a creep because apparently I love using my drone to spy on people. So every night I can follow somebody with my drone, and I get results back where that person went. Basically I am a tracker.

N1 I tracked Blarg, didn't go anywhere.
N2 I tracked Squidyj, didn't go anywhere.
N3 I tracked Sorian, so if you want proof of my power, I know who you licked.

This may seem like a silly question, but does your PM explain why you're in line for an NX?

Sorian

Banned
I notice that Darryl sunk back into the background once his heat came off and I'm not sure that lynching roy today at all would be a good idea, that would put him in a position to implicate whoever he wanted tomorrow but scum can't let a tracker roy live through the night anyway because, with two scum and an educated guess, the odds are high that he follows the killer.

I notice that Darryl sunk back into the background once his heat came off and I'm not sure that lynching roy today at all would be a good idea, that would put him in a position to implicate whoever he wanted tomorrow but scum can't let a tracker roy live through the night anyway because, with two scum and an educated guess, the odds are high that he follows the killer.

I was going to say the same, but he said this:

I have to take a break. We need Timeaisis, LP, and Cab to put in some text.

Say we lynch Time or Darryl today.

If Roy is town he dies tonight. We lynch Time or Darryl tomorrow.

If he survives we lynch him tomorrow.

Unless someone else is scum I think this seems foolproof.

Sorian

Banned
Say we lynch Time or Darryl today.

If Roy is town he dies tonight. We lynch Time or Darryl tomorrow.

If he survives we lynch him tomorrow.

Unless someone else is scum I think this seems foolproof.

Scum lets roy live, we kill him and don't listen to him even if he did actually watch the kill happen.

It also assumes that you, me, cabot, and launch are all town and, from my perspective, cabot and Launch aren't actually cleared.

Darryl

Banned
Jesus I'm in and out and I would never use real life and posting rates as any measurement or strategy in mafia ever out of principal.

Darryl

Banned
I noticed an error while I was out driving. Sorian verifies Roy with a lick. How the fuck do we know one of them don't get night killed? Why are they so assured this shitty plan is actually good? This argument is so fucking antitown.

Vote: Sorian

It's you and somebody. I don't know who the other is, but it sure as fuck involves you.

I noticed an error while I was out driving. Sorian verifies Roy with a lick. How the fuck do we know one of them don't get night killed? Why are they so assured this shitty plan is actually good? This argument is so fucking antitown.

It's you and somebody. I don't know who the other is, but it sure as fuck involves you.

I already pointed this out m8

Darryl

Banned
That's a fair point. Carry on.

Don't you ask me to explain anything when you've explained nothing. I've acted in far more good faith this game than you. Just because you and Sorian are borderline spamming empty accusations made from trifle shit does not mean people like me care.

I don't read Time, LP or Cabot as mafia. I'm reading Sorian, Launch, and Roy. Sorian is smack in the middle of my three suspects. I'll move my vote back to Launch if the following three players suspect him (Timeaisis, Cabot, LP).

Will post again later.

Don't you ask me to explain anything when you've explained nothing. I've acted in far more good faith this game than you. Just because you and Sorian are borderline spamming empty accusations made from trifle shit does not mean people like me care.

I don't read Time, LP or Cabot as mafia. I'm reading Sorian, Launch, and Roy. Sorian is smack in the middle of my three suspects. I'll move my vote back to Launch if the following three players suspect him (Timeaisis, Cabot, LP).

Will post again later.

Right...

Sorian

Banned

We've already covered this man, everyone is aware that it is a hole and we've moved on. The win conditions very clearly point to there being a neutral in the game and I'm the only one who stepped forward, do you really want to lynch a neutral today when you only have two chances left at hitting scum?

Timeaisis

We've already covered this man, everyone is aware that it is a hole and we've moved on. The win conditions very clearly point to there being a neutral in the game and I'm the only one who stepped forward, do you really want to lynch a neutral today when you only have two chances left at hitting scum?
It's not like you're confirmed neutral or anything.

Sorian

Banned
Time and Darryl all of a sudden cutting in saying that my neutral claim is bullshit, how convenient. Well I've been licking people each night, that's basically confirmed at this point. cabot, any adverse effects so far being the longest running survivor of my lick? The answer will be no and just for the sake of getting the follow-up question out there, what would the point of this lick be if I were scum? But by all means you two, tell me how I am scum and not neutral, I'd love to hear explanations.

Time and Darryl all of a sudden cutting in saying that my neutral claim is bullshit, how convenient. Well I've been licking people each night, that's basically confirmed at this point. cabot, any adverse effects so far being the longest running survivor of my lick? The answer will be no and just for the sake of getting the follow-up question out there, what would the point of this lick be if I were scum? But by all means you two, tell me how I am scum and not neutral, I'd love to hear explanations.

They do seem to be branching out quite a bit, all of a sudden.

I don't know if anyone has given this some thought since Day 2, but any thoughts on what the other two mafia abilities could be? It doesn't seem like we've seen the effects of them yet.

I'm going to wager that at least one of them was intended to thwart Kark's or Burb's role, like an alignment changer or someone who produces false activity. In any case, one of them is probably useless now.

Darryl

Banned
Town has 2 claimed roles that hurt themselves, against their will. Maybe mafia has one too. Maybe you have to fucking lick people. It's less stupid than your current claim, which doesnt even align with your actions. If your role was real you'd be lying to keep me alive, because I'm licked and me staying alive will help you win. I'm not buying it.

Town has 2 claimed roles that hurt themselves, against their will. Maybe mafia has one too. Maybe you have to fucking lick people. It's less stupid than your current claim, which doesnt even align with your actions. If your role was real you'd be lying to keep me alive, because I'm licked and me staying alive will help you win. I'm not buying it.

Lot of pronouns in there...

Sorian

Banned

I only have to live two more days Darryl, I don't actually care about you, I'm not going to win by licking at this point. I lost that one when Ouro died night 1, don't be dense.

Sorian

Banned
That being said, I do HAVE to lick people, it probably is meant to be there to keep up just enough suspicion that idiots like you can keep me targeted. The squirming is cute though.

That being said, I do HAVE to lick people, it probably is meant to be there to keep up just enough suspicion that idiots like you can keep me targeted. The squirming is cute though.

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one sensing this. I'm telling you, Darryl and Time are our guys. Just need to prove it.

Darryl

Banned
I only have to live two more days Darryl, I don't actually care about you, I'm not going to win by licking at this point. I lost that one when Ouro died night 1, don't be dense.

Based on the size of this game, I doubt you could have ever realistically completed your claimed conditions. Only one licked guy is dead which should be expected. You claimed without looking at the game size and taking into account it's impact.

Sorian

Banned
Based on the size of this game, I doubt you could have ever realistically completed your claimed conditions. Only one licked guy is dead which should be expected. You claimed without looking at the game size and taking into account it's impact.

I can't realistically be a survivor? What? I was probably never meant to win by licking unless super luck was on my side, it's there to bring suspicion to me so I can't just coast by on a survivor claim, if I never had any night actions with these watchers and trackers then no one would have bothered lynching me because my survivor story checked out. With this dumb lick thing though, people have been seeing me this whole time which means I'm always a suspicious entity.

Darryl

Banned
Yea. Realistically you were never meant to win like that. It's meant to draw suspicion to you. Your role is the third role meant to draw suspicion, following the Miller and Pee-Guy. The licker makes the least sense to be town.

Sorian

Banned
Yea. Realistically you were never meant to win like that. It's meant to draw suspicion to you. Your role is the third role meant to draw suspicion, following the Miller and Pee-Guy. The licker makes the least sense to be town.

Not sure if you are purposely trying to agree with me or not but yes, this is a correct analysis of my role.

Sorian

Banned
And the only thing that makes him "neutral" is a win condition that he was never going to win with?

please god someone but sorian/launch chime in on this. It's too fucking ridiculous. WTF is going on here

Are you not paying attention? My win condition is to live until the end of the game, I was given a secondary, much harder condition that would allow me to win earlier. Please read Darryl, you're better than this.

And the only thing that makes him "neutral" is a win condition that he was never going to win with?

please god someone but sorian/launch chime in on this. It's too fucking ridiculous. WTF is going on here

Neutral roles usually have 2 separate win conditions. I don't see the problem.

I believe Sorian could be lying, but it's not a bad lie.

Top Bottom