• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Mafia] NX Launch Night |OT| Back of the Line!

roytheone

Alright, fuck, guess I am being forced to role claim early. I really hoped to not have to do it until I had some usable results, but alas, that is not going to work now.

I am Drone kid.

I am a kid obsessed with Drones. I love flying them, building them and when I grow up I want to go in the army and use drones to blow shit up. I am also kind of a creep because apparently I love using my drone to spy on people. So every night I can follow somebody with my drone, and I get results back where that person went. Basically I am a tracker.

N1 I tracked Blarg, didn't go anywhere.
N2 I tracked Squidyj, didn't go anywhere.
N3 I tracked Sorian, so if you want proof of my power, I know who you licked.

Sorian

Banned
Alright, fuck, guess I am being forced to role claim early. I really hoped to not have to do it until I had some usable results, but alas, that is not going to work now.

I am Drone kid.

I am a kid obsessed with Drones. I love flying them, building them and when I grow up I want to go in the army and use drones to blow shit up. I am also kind of a creep because apparently I love using my drone to spy on people. So every night I can follow somebody with my drone, and I get results back where that person went. Basically I am a tracker.

N1 I tracked Blarg, didn't go anywhere.
N2 I tracked Squidyj, didn't go anywhere.
N3 I tracked Sorian, so if you want proof of my power, I know who you licked.

Who did I lick, answer the question right now.

Also, I don't know if it matters, but my role PM seems somewhat different from what I've heard people claim so far. I actually have asterisk actions in mine. Like (paraphrasing)

Excuse me a sec..

*go to bathroom*

etc.

iqRB8.gif

Darryl

Banned
Also, I don't know if it matters, but my role PM seems somewhat different from what I've heard people claim so far. I actually have asterisk actions in mine. Like (paraphrasing)

Excuse me a sec..

*go to bathroom*

etc.

Mine is more elaborate too. She heard little Hayden is really going to enjoy the new Wii Sports.

Correct.

Three options:

1) You are a lucky guesser
2) You and Darryl are the last two scum and you just verified with him
3) You are indeed the tracker

VOTE: Darryl

Let's explore option 2, shall we?

Indeed.

However, I want to talk about contingency plans for a Darryl lynch. As in, where do we go if he flips town or mafia.

If he flips mafia, Roy is a good target, because it's possible he got that information from Darryl.

If he flips town, I'd be more inclined to go after you, Time, and Cabbeh.

I think Darryl's lynch will be a pretty pivotal moment for this game. I'd like to discuss what comes after this in more detail.

Darryl

Banned
If you think I'm scum and I would have just let someone implicate me like that you're fucking out of your mind. I have no idea how Roy knows. He has to be the tracker. It doesn't mean he's a town tracker, though.

Timeaisis

If you can't tell us then I have to assume you aren't ordinary either, there would be no reason to hide that at this juncture.

cabbeh - PR
Time - ordinary
roy - PR
Darryl - PR
Sorian - PR (neutral)
batsnacks - PR
Fire - PR (scum)
Kark - PR
Burb - PR
Salva - ordinary
Ouro - ordinary
Launch - PR
L_P - PR
Blarg - ordinary
squidy - ordinary

5 out of 15 (4 confirmed, 1 claimed) are ordinary? That seems a little low so someone with a PR is full of shit.

Fake Edit: I see you've claimed Confused Grandma, can you explain how the flavor makes it so you are oneshot bulletproof?
That's a lot of PRs.

Darryl

Banned
Indeed.

However, I want to talk about contingency plans for a Darryl lynch. As in, where do we go if he flips town or mafia.

If he flips mafia, Roy is a good target, because it's possible he got that information from Darryl.

I think Darryl's lynch will be a pretty pivotal moment for this game. I'd like to discuss what comes after this in more detail.

The fact that you only need Sorian's approval to plan for my eviction has to be the most hilarious thing this game. All you needed was my approval yesterday to go for Blarg.

Sorian

Banned
Indeed.

Yeah, if Darryl is scum and it doesn't end the game then roy would have to be next which is a shame because I hate lining up definite kills like that. If Darryl flips town then we're in a shit position and we'll have to re-visit possible lies or misassumptions from the start. roy wouldn't be cleared either because as Darryl said, a tracker doesn't need to be town-aligned (though I can't see a reason for a tracker to be scum with this set up so far).

If you think I'm scum and I would have just let someone implicate me like that you're fucking out of your mind. I have no idea how Roy knows. He has to be the tracker. It doesn't mean he's a town tracker, though.

You may not have let him, you might have posted in mafia chat that you got licked and roy used that to build his own role claim without asking.

That's a lot of PRs.

I saw that lol

The fact that you only need Sorian's approval to plan for my eviction has to be the most hilarious thing this game. All you needed was my approval yesterday to go for Blarg.

I'm asking the entire town. I'm using the "you" pronoun because I quoted Sorian.

I didn't go after Blarg, smart ass. Check the final day posts.

Darryl

Banned
The quick role claim forcing shows huge desperation to take the topic off squidyj and his eviction. So maybe he was onto something?

Darryl

Banned
Yeah, if Darryl is scum and it doesn't end the game then roy would have to be next which is a shame because I hate lining up definite kills like that. If Darryl flips town then we're in a shit position and we'll have to re-visit possible lies or misassumptions from the start. roy wouldn't be cleared either because as Darryl said, a tracker doesn't need to be town-aligned (though I can't see a reason for a tracker to be scum with this set up so far).

You may not have let him, you might have posted in mafia chat that you got licked and roy used that to build his own role claim without asking.

I saw that lol

I can guarantee you that I didn't even see I was licked until Roy just told me. Why lick me? And why would you lick me and then try to get me evicted. You are a neutral. Killing me goes against your claimed win condition.

I do not believe you are neutral.

I can guarantee you that I didn't even see I was licked until Roy just told me. Why lick me? And why would you lick me and then try to get me evicted. You are a neutral. Killing me goes against your claimed win condition.

You're missing the obvious here. He didn't come into the day with a plan. He saw the squidy eviction then pieced together that they were trying to frame me up. Sorian then proceeded to pursue Roy.

Darryl

Banned
You're missing the obvious here. He didn't come into the day with a plan. He saw the squidy eviction then pieced together that they were trying to frame me up. Sorian then proceeded to pursue Roy.

Why defend Sorian when he is actively here and can defend himself?

Sorian

Banned

I was planning to go after roy today, not you but I can't ignore what just happened and still claim to be acting pro-town. The whole crux of me not getting voted out is that I'm working for town, not myself, if those two things come against each other then I have to choose town or I'll be up for the vote instead.

As for why I licked you? I figured you had the lowest probability of getting NK'd just based on reads from the thread, either you are scum or just a townie that scum wouldn't have been interested in. I didn't really plan for how lynching would go because everyone seems to be up on the table in that respect.

roytheone

Correct.

Three options:

1) You are a lucky guesser
2) You and Darryl are the last two scum and you just verified with him
3) You are indeed the tracker

VOTE: Darryl

Let's explore option 2, shall we?

I am willing to help you test option 2. The only thing I am afraid off, is that Darryl will actually flip mafia. He and Timeaisis where my main mafia candidates for today, so I wouldn't be that surprised if he actually flipped mafia. And that would put me in a Shitty spot, because how can I prove that I got your lick by following you, and not from Darryl through a scum chat?

Sorian

Banned
I am willing to help you test option 2. The only thing I am afraid off, is that Darryl will actually flip mafia. He and Timeaisis where my main mafia candidates for today, so I wouldn't be that surprised if he actually flipped mafia. And that would put me in a Shitty spot, because how can I prove that I got your lick by following you, and not from Darryl through a scum chat?

That's simple, isn't it? You track me again tonight and tell me who I licked tomorrow. If Darryl flips scum and you can answer the question again then I can't say you received help because I highly doubt that there were 4 scum team members.

It wasn't good for you.

Oh, that sucks for me.

Why defend Sorian when he is actively here and can defend himself?

To tell you how everyone else is reading the situation.

because how can I prove that I got your lick by following you, and not from Darryl through a scum chat?

I'm not sure you can, but we'll see how this turns out...

This is ridiculous. You guys are so plainly mafia together. My vote is sticking to Launch.

Yep, we're mafia. You heard it here first, folks. I am openly defending my mafia brother, Sorian, and I don't care who sees!

That's simple, isn't it? You track me again tonight and tell me who I licked tomorrow. If Darryl flips scum and you can answer the question again then I can't say you received help because I highly doubt that there were 4 scum team members.

Actually, yes, this is a good plan. Do this.

Darryl

Banned
And by you I mean Sorian and Launch. Please explain.

Nobody vote on anything because with likely 2 mafia and 4 votes needed, this thing will flip fast. Mafia has huge control here.

roytheone

Alright, I am down for that. Hopefully Scum hasn't got another PR that could fuck with that, because that would be terrible. I do have one request: please don't lynch Darryl yet. With nights being only one real life day now, that would put the beginning of the next day on monday evening, and I have to work on monday evenings, so I cant be here immediately at the beginning of the day to say who you licked. I rather would the next day to begin Tuesday evening , I don't have to work and then I could be here immediately at the start of the day.

Nobody vote on anything because with likely 2 mafia and 4 votes needed, this thing will flip fast. Mafia has huge control here.

I don't buy your roleclaim.

You've been hounding me since the game started with no reason.

You are acting like the same scumbag I played with in AC.

Alright, I am down for that. Hopefully Scum hasn't got another PR that could fuck with that, because that would be terrible. I do have one request: please don't lynch Darryl yet. With nights being only one real life day now, that would put the beginning of the next day on monday evening, and I have to work on monday evenings, so I cant be here immediately at the beginning of the day to say who you licked. I rather would the next day to begin Tuesday evening , I don't have to work and then I could be here immediately at the start of the day.

Also, hold that thought. There may be a small problem with Sorian's plan. Let me think this over.

Darryl

Banned
I don't buy your roleclaim.

You've been hounding me since the game started with no reason.

You are acting like the same scumbag I played with in AC.

You don't think a one-shot bulletproof would have hid her claim until as long as possible? I'm acting the same as I do anywhere, I'm not using that against you.

Sorian

Banned

The two realistic conclusions to get from how roy answered my question is either that 1) he is a tracker or 2) you told him. If I go with one, I just need to take that on blind faith, if I go with two, I can lynch you and see how this goes because the only way you two could have communicated that is as scum or masons. I'm fine with two because you haven't exactly been a sparkling bastion of awesome town play and I still haven't received an answer as to how being the confused grandma allows you to be bulletproof once, like the flavor reasoning so I'm not really buying your role claim anyway.

You don't think a one-shot bulletproof would have hid her claim until as long as possible? I'm acting the same as I do anywhere, I'm not using that against you.

Also, these complete tonal shifts from one post to the next. One post you're jumping down our throats, the next you're almost pleading.

A one-shot bulletproof knows that this late in the game, there's no point in hiding it. You'll just make it more difficult to get to the bottom of things.

Sorian

Banned

Also, hold that thought. There may be a small problem with Sorian's plan. Let me think this over.

Remember, this plan only needs to be done if Darryl flips scum, if Darryl flips as town then roy is a tracker for sure and he can follow whoever he wants tonight.

Also, these complete tonal shifts from one post to the next. One post you're jumping down our throats, the next you're almost pleading.

Pot and the kettle, you've been going from super aggressive to super moody on the drop of a dime.

Darryl

Banned
The two realistic conclusions to get from how roy answered my question is either that 1) he is a tracker or 2) you told him. If I go with one, I just need to take that on blind faith, if I go with two, I can lynch you and see how this goes because the only way you two could have communicated that is as scum or masons. I'm fine with two because you haven't exactly been a sparkling bastion of awesome town play and I still haven't received an answer as to how being the confused grandma allows you to be bulletproof once, like the flavor reasoning so I'm not really buying your role claim anyway.

No one wants to kick me out of line. I'm a grandma. Do you kick grandma's out of line? If someone tries they will feel guilty and give up, but just once. I'm confused because I didn't preorder. That part is all flavor.

Sorian

Banned
No one wants to kick me out of line. I'm a grandma. Do you kick grandma's out of line? If someone tries they will feel guilty and give up, but just once. I'm confused because I didn't preorder. That part is all flavor.

Hmmm, it checks out that this sounds like Tim's humor.

roytheone

Remember, this plan only needs to be done if Darryl flips scum, if Darryl flips as town then roy is a tracker for sure and he can follow whoever he wants tonight.

True, but I rather not risk it that we turbo Darryl right now, he flips mafia, and I can only confirm who you licked 4 hours after the next day start because I have to work that evening.

Top Bottom