• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Mafia] NX Launch Night |OT| Back of the Line!

The problem with Sorian's plan is that the mafia now has 3 options to respond to this.

1) Kill some town - this is now the unlikeliest scenario.
2) Kill Roy - I think Sorian may have been trying to bait this reaction, in which case I apologize for having to point it out; however, the problem is with scenario 3.
3) Kill Sorian - We won't know jack shit because Sorian can't confirm who he used his ability on, and this entire plan depends on two people confirming who the lick was used on.

Sorian

Banned
Roy is the town tracker, Darryl is a one shot night bullet proof (with no third parties or neutral killers this can only be a town role) and the real scum is laughing at us playing this back and forth.

VOTE: Timeaisis

Sorian

Banned
The problem with Sorian's plan is that the mafia now has 3 options to respond to this.

1) Kill some town - this is now the unlikeliest scenario.
2) Kill Roy - I think Sorian may have been trying to bait this reaction, in which case I apologize for having to point it out; however, the problem is with scenario 3.
3) Kill Sorian - We won't know jack shit because Sorian can't confirm who he used his ability on, and this entire plan depends on two people confirming who the lick was used on.

Yeah, thanks for this sherlock, I'm trying not to get NK'd, some things can be left to the imagination.

It's a gamble like anything else I've done. The thread was obvious though, if I turn up dead you'd all have to follow up on roy, no reason to feed them answers though.

What following up would this be?

"hey Roy, are you scum?"

I mean, it's not exactly telling if you die instead of anyone else.

I'm not feeding the mafia answers, but you would be wise not to treat them like idiots. They usually do the thing you don't expect.

Sorian

Banned
What following up would this be?

"hey Roy, are you scum?"

I mean, it's not exactly telling if you die instead of anyone else.

I'm not feeding the mafia answers, but you would be wise not to treat them like idiots. They usually do the thing you don't expect.

You'd have to lynch him too, basically. I'm following other leads for now, the way Darryl has acted has been consistent of how a one shot bulletproof would have acted throughout this game and if Darryl is town then that means roy really is a tracker.

You'd have to lynch him too, basically. I'm following other leads for now, the way Darryl has acted has been consistent of how a one shot bulletproof would have acted throughout this game and if Darryl is town then that means roy really is a tracker.

So, basically, we don't gain anything from this play.

cabot

Darryls flavour checks out to me, and he didn't vote for either PR in day 1, if he was scum he would know they're town and I can imagine due to the circumstances of their demise, could have aided the lynches without any real suspicion. He's a hard on for launch, and I'm still unsure of launch myself, so that doesn't read as scummy to me.

Roy has been playing like I expected but his play style doesn't cover him from possibly being scum. I'd put a vote on Roy, time or launch right about now.

LP and time, thoughts please.

Now that we've outlined everything, no probably not. In the grand scheme of things, you'd get my role flip most likely though which is a hot topic these days.

This would have been the case regardless of how we laid it out.

The other problem is, what if Roy comes in here after you're dead and says he didn't watch you, he watched someone else and he implicates that other person.

What would we gain/lose by lynching Roy first? I'm looking for a pros vs cons.

On one hand, we prove whether he was telling the truth and we can take his information at face value. On the other, that doesn't really give us much to go on, either, but it doesn't line us up to get caught up in confusion next phase (and probably spares Sorian).

Do you guys see anything else?

Timeaisis

I don't like this plan. We have to put a lot of trust in S - who we are all just assuming is town at this point for some reason.

The Darryl/roy vote has value, the convoluted lick report thing doesn't

I see a free options for us:
1) Vote Launch - This seems entirely too obvious.
2) Vote Darryl - I get this would gain info on roy, but at what cost? If Darryl flips town we got literally nothing. If he flips scum, we get roy too (probably).
3) Vote Roy - He did claim tracker, though, and was right. Either he is tracker (mafia or scum), or him and Darryl are in on it. I think it makes more sense to lynch Roy over Darryl here, honestly.

Although, Darryl's roleclaim seems odd here. Why claim now? The timing is strange, to me.

Finally, we have cabbeh and Sorian flying under the radar. No one has calling them out right now.

Time was next on my list of ordinaries to vote for. I still think Darryl is town and Roy being our last PR isn't far fetched.

The only question is who the second Mafia would be.

cabot

Will we lose if we mislynch today?

I think there's two mafia left. One neutral, four townies.

We lynch a townie and another gets night killed. That's 2 mafia and 2 town.

Are neutrals counted in the win condition ?

cabot

I don't like this plan. We have to put a lot of trust in S - who we are all just assuming is town at this point for some reason.

The Darryl/roy vote has value, the convoluted lick report thing doesn't

I see a free options for us:
1) Vote Launch - This seems entirely too obvious.
2) Vote Darryl - I get this would gain info on roy, but at what cost? If Darryl flips town we got literally nothing. If he flips scum, we get roy too (probably).
3) Vote Roy - He did claim tracker, though, and was right. Either he is tracker (mafia or scum), or him and Darryl are in on it. I think it makes more sense to lynch Roy over Darryl here, honestly.

Although, Darryl's roleclaim seems odd here. Why claim now? The timing is strange, to me.

Finally, we have cabbeh and Sorian flying under the radar. No one has calling them out right now.

You were pretty solid on my claim, now you're pointing at me subtly?

Come at me full steam ahead or shut it sunshine

VOTE: Timeaisis

Will we lose if we mislynch today?

I think there's two mafia left. One neutral, four townies.

We lynch a townie and another gets night killed. That's 2 mafia and 2 town.

Are neutrals counted in the win condition ?

Neutrals aren't counted in the win conditions. We have 3 day phases, counting this one, to catch 2 mafia. I may have miscounted, someone can double check.

Timeaisis

Kill me then, I'm the only one not making a hail Mary PR claim. Roy is better than Darryl. Darryl's role makes more sense. Roy has smelled for a while.

Note also how I'm not voting anyone yet like you turbo happy people.

cabot

Cabbeh - Claimed miller. His NX has been put in jeopardy many times over and instead of defending himself he's been continuing to play pro-town. He accepts he's probably going to have to be removed at some point, but continues to try to move the game forward. I think Cabbeh is town.

cabbeh - I believe his miller claim. He didn't have any heat on him when he did it, so it wasn't like it was in some defense, but it could still be a mafia ploy. We have to kill him eventually, but I see no reason to do it today.

Hm, Didn't seem you had much of a problem with me coasting before.

Kill me then, I'm the only one not making a hail Mary PR claim. Roy is better than Darryl. Darryl's role makes more sense. Roy has smelled for a while.

Note also how I'm not voting anyone yet like you turbo happy people.

Who said anything about turboing?

Overreaction much?

roytheone

Allright, I have time now to answer any questions about my actions/role than any of you may have.

About the lynching: I am fine with lynching Darryl or Time, those two are my scum suspects, everyone else is town in my eyes. Lynching Darryl will be worse for me, because if he flips mafia I am kind of screwed, and proving that I really am a tracker by tracking sorian could be fucked with by the remaining mafia member in all kind of ways. However, I realize that this is a team game, and only taking into account what is best for me isn't the best way to play, especially this close to the end of the game. So if you guys decide to go with lynching darryl and testing my claim again, I am fine with that.

Timeaisis

You guys have the weirdest logic for lynching me. I'm the safest pick that wouldn't make you guys look bad when I flip ordinary town.

Put your money where your mouth is. Maybe you'll realize just cause someone roleclaims a PR they're not above suspicion.

You guys have the weirdest logic for lynching me. I'm the safest pick that wouldn't make you guys look bad when I flip ordinary town.

Put your money where your mouth is. Maybe you'll realize just cause someone roleclaims a PR they're not above suspicion.

I'm not buying Darryl's claim. I'm ready to test it.

Timeaisis

Allright, I have time now to answer any questions about my actions/role than any of you may have.

About the lynching: I am fine with lynching Darryl or Time, those two are my scum suspects, everyone else is town in my eyes. Lynching Darryl will be worse for me, because if he flips mafia I am kind of screwed, and proving that I really am a tracker by tracking sorian could be fucked with by the remaining mafia member in all kind of ways. However, I realize that this is a team game, and only taking into account what is best for me isn't the best way to play, especially this close to the end of the game. So if you guys decide to go with lynching darryl and testing my claim again, I am fine with that.

Well now you are just jumping on tge bandwagon here. Of course your world prefer me over Darryl because you're afraid of his flip. We shouldn't be lynching Darryl to test you. That's a terrible idea. You're power is all but useless now anyway.

We should just lynch you.
Vote: roytheone

CzarTim

f4VxU29.png

4 votes needed for a majority.

t1442336400z1.png

roytheone

Well now you are just jumping on tge bandwagon here. Of course your world prefer me over Darryl because you're afraid of his flip. We shouldn't be lynching Darryl to test you. That's a terrible idea. You're power is all but useless now anyway.

We should just lynch you.
Vote: roytheone

How am I jumping on a bandwagon while I said Darryl and you where my main suspects BEFORE anyone voted on you? I am convinced you and Darryl are both mafia, and the reason you are voting on me is because it is the only way to not get a mafia member lynched. Nobody else will get votes today, so those are all not an option. But just for the small chance that there will be a bandwagon possibility against cabot or Sorian, you did kept them open as options. Even though you said you thought Cabot was town and you believed Sorian his claim after the lick conformation yesterday. You are a mafia that sees three people on the chopping block, and you try to focus a vote on the one that is town. Not only town, but a PR!

Timeaisis

Roy either knows Darryl will flip scum which implicates him or if Darryl is town and roy had voted for him roy looks scummy. So roy is "ok with lynching Darrly", but won't vote him. He's jumping on me because I'm the easiest middle of the road lynch today and it doesn't paint him bad.

Neither of Darryl's flips (scun or town) clear Roy, y'know.

Roy is trying to be agreeable. It's obvious to me he's just trying to survive.

Timeaisis

You guys are making it out like I'm defending Darryl. I am not. I just think roy is the better choice and you guys are saying that makes me scum. Lol what kind of awful logic is that.

I only care if Darryl flips town, which who knows. Kill him if you want. Or me.

You guys are making it out like I'm defending Darryl. I am not. I just think roy is the better choice and you guys are saying that makes me scum. Lol what kind of awful logic is that.

I only care if Darryl flips town, which who knows. Kill him if you want. Or me.

Nope, that's not why I think this way.

roytheone

Roy either knows Darryl will flip scum which implicates him or if Darryl is town and roy had voted for him roy looks scummy. So roy is "ok with lynching Darrly", but won't vote him. He's jumping on me because I'm the easiest middle of the road lynch today and it doesn't paint him bad.

Neither of Darryl's flips (scun or town) clear Roy, y'know.

Roy is trying to be agreeable. It's obvious to me he's just trying to survive.

I already explained why I don't want to turbo Darryl right now:

Alright, I am down for that. Hopefully Scum hasn't got another PR that could fuck with that, because that would be terrible. I do have one request: please don't lynch Darryl yet. With nights being only one real life day now, that would put the beginning of the next day on monday evening, and I have to work on monday evenings, so I cant be here immediately at the beginning of the day to say who you licked. I rather would the next day to begin Tuesday evening , I don't have to work and then I could be here immediately at the start of the day.

With only 4 votes needed, every vote is a huge step closer to a turbo.

No clue. I lean town but who knows.

I'll also bring up how convenient it is that roy's d1 and d2 tracks are dead and we know they were ordinary.

That is the main reason I decided to track Sorian N3. I already had two non-results, one of which was dead and flipped ordinary and Squidyj already claimed ordinary kid during D3, so I knew that if I had to role claim and came out with 0 verifiable results, scum would have an easy time to implicate me. So I decided to track the only person that was kind of confirmed to have a verifiable night action: Sorian.

Top Bottom