• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mafia |OT| When Death is on the Line

• Thread starter Deleted member 231381
  • Start date

El Topo

Who instead, El Topo? I just posted my list of people that includes several I'm willing to hang.

Just saying not to lynch Karkador is not super useful if you're not providing an alternative.

I say we start with MattyG.

I'll go through the thread (more or less from the beginning) again tomorrow. I missed a lot of the talk at the beginning and I hope to find some pattern. There's also certain players that I've had on my list for a while now, e.g. Lords of Castamere.

El Topo

That's not an accusation by the way, there were just things (e.g. certain posts or maybe they fit some convoluted theory) that made certain players suspicious.

Palmer_v1

I'll go through the thread (more or less from the beginning) again tomorrow. I missed a lot of the talk at the beginning and I hope to find some pattern. There's also certain players that I've had on my list for a while now, e.g. Lords of Castamere.

Hopefully others will do the same as well. It helped clear my thoughts a bit and get me refocused.

Karkador

Banned
On Night 2 Timeasis was very vocal. What reason did you have to attack them other than that they were vocal?

Are you going to act like that wasn't a direct move against the town?

That doesn't mean he's Town.

The way I figured it, I would thin out some Town, then nab a few Mafia. I couldn't let either get too out of hand, although I don't know who's who.

The thing about my role is that I'm not really pro or anti town.

Zatoth

Vote: Karkador

I think he is a loose cannon. I believe him that he is a killer. But I am not sure about his true motives and belonging (Neutral or Mafia?).

In the worst case scenario QuantumBro is Mafia (although I highly doubt that). He could use his power on Karkador's target to get a kill.

Assuming we can trust Karkador to actually kill the said target.

Karkador

Banned
I could also try targeting myself at night. My role doesn't say I can't do that, but I can ask Crab.

I also think the roleblocker is likely to target me.

Ultron could target me and see if mafia attack me. That would be good.

I don't want to vote for karkador yet, the enemy of my enemy is my friend, and if he is a serial killer and not aligned with the mafia I think we can work from that.

I don't quite see why you are all willing to string up kark without pushing for the remaining information! RNH still has information that could lead us to a kill! A MAFIA kill.

Even if Karkador has killed tourists, he can vote to kill a mafia player.

And I think there is a mafia player that is out there that is either bulletproof (night time kill proof) or has multiple deaths.

I think we need to slow down and not just lynch him NOW because we have to EVENTUALLY...

pants

I dont trust Karkador to not randomly kill one of us tonight, I mean, we'll kill him the very next phase if he does, but what if he gets our cop?

Karkador

Banned
When we get a mafia or two, you can kill me. Just give me this moment. There's no way I'm surviving 14 more deaths to my victory.

Also, if I was intending to be naughty and kill townies at night, I wouldn't have volunteered that I'm obligated to kill.

El Topo

I dont trust Karkador to not randomly kill one of us tonight, I mean, we'll kill him the very next phase if he does, but what if he gets our cop?

Yeah, what would we do without the useful information of our cop? Oh, right, same as until now. If we're all so afraid, we could always vote on who Karkador should kill. If he screws up he's done for.

pants

Yeah, what would we do without the useful information of our cop? Oh, right, same as until now. If we're all so afraid, we could always vote on who Karkador should kill. If he screws up he's done for.

Cop is an end game role, you dont claim it until you're sure you can set your team onto a victory. We've had 6 nights, assuming 5 mafia, for example, the cop would have had to divine correctly 5/6 times. That's never going to happen. I think the cop should wait till he or she can identify at least 3 people, then spill them.

ultron87

Reasons I think Karkador is Mafia and just pretending to be neutral as a last ditch effort:

1) He threw a gasoline tanker on Egruntz's self immolation

2) Started the voting for JohnnyQuickKnives to get him hung

3) I got role blocked after I was strongly accusing him.

4) He false claimed to be the doctor which is a canny pro-mafia move. The only person that can call BS on this claim is the real doctor, which is a real bad thing to reveal.

Even if he is telling the truth and he is a Neutral killer slowing down the pace of the game is fine for us. We won't have lost a townsperson and we'll be down to one kill a night. That gives more time to leverage roles and get more information and doesn't have the risks of letting another killer running around.

I'm not going to vote just yet (because all this talking is great), but that is where I currently stand.

El Topo

Cop is an end game role, you dont claim it until you're sure you can set your team onto a victory. We've had 6 nights, assuming 5 mafia, for example, the cop would have had to divine correctly 5/6 times. That's never going to happen. I think the cop should wait till he or she can identify at least 3 people, then spill them.

Fair enough. I don't disagree with you on that point, but we have to be careful that it's not too late when he reveals himself. We don't even know if there is a cop.

18 players left, 17 if we lynch Karkador. If there's five mafia, by not lynching anyone we could give him maybe six more nights.

Timeaisis

Wow, lot's of replies. I think I most agree with ultron in all this. He's the most trustworthy poster in the game right now considering three individuals corroborate his actions to a tee (and the chances of all three lying is highly unlikely).

As for Kark, he could be either mafia killer or serial killer as he says. Part of me wants to give him tonight to kill a suspected mafia, but the other part of me wants to lynch him and remove him from play. We don't know what else he's lying about.

It's interesting, out of the three name's that visited me on N2, I found myself trusting Karkador the most, now I just don't know. I was on a whole thing about how QuantumBro might be secretly playing us all for fools, but now I kind of think it might be Karkador.

Before I vote, however, I would like to request RobotNinjaHornets to share his names with us. I still think it's important to get all the information out there. While I do not trust Kark, I do think he makes valid points as to potential mafia members on RNH's list.

Finally, in my defense, since my name was thrown around a little on the last page, I would like to say that I have not been found to be targeting anyone else by ultron nor RNH. I am fine with RNH revealing the remaining names because I know I am not on them, as I am an ordinary tourist with no abilities.

It still seems weird that I was targeted three times on N3. And that, somewhat conveniently, QuantumBro switched me and Kark, who also happened to target me. Siomeone protected someone here. Either someone is lying, or there's another doc out there not coming forward who is a very good guesser (fine by me).

At the risk of destroying my own defense, I would propose that it's possible that Kark and Quantum have been working together this entire time, as mafia, and thought up a quick explanation once they knew Ultron had their names. All our assumptions are based on either Kark or QuantumBro telling the truth. I find that truly interesting.

Karkador

Banned
Reasons I think Karkador is Mafia and just pretending to be neutral as a last ditch effort:

1) He threw a gasoline tanker on Egruntz's self immolation

2) Started the voting for JohnnyQuickKnives to get him hung

3) I got role blocked after I was strongly accusing him.

4) He false claimed to be the doctor which is a canny pro-mafia move. The only person that can call BS on this claim is the real doctor, which is a real bad thing to reveal.

Even if he is telling the truth and he is a Neutral killer slowing down the pace of the game is fine for us. We won't have lost a townsperson and we'll be down to one kill a night. That gives more time to leverage roles and get more information and doesn't have the risks of letting another killer running around.

I'm not going to vote just yet (because all this talking is great), but that is where I currently stand.

1) I guess you're not wrong, but I don't really feel like I was THAT influential in that vote. The motion was already underway.

2) Nah, I wasn't the one who kicked that off. Not in commentary or in voting. FWIW, I really did think he was mafia.

3) that's got nothing to do with me. Did you ever say who you targeted that night?

4) it was a "save my ass from ultron's constant hounding" move, as well as a reaction to having been attacked by mafia on the previous night

Again, let me remind you that mafia'a win condition counts "non-Mafia aligned players". So killing me right now effectively puts you as close to a mafia win as killing a townsperson.

The way I figured it, I would thin out some Town, then nab a few Mafia. I couldn't let either get too out of hand, although I don't know who's who.

The thing about my role is that I'm not really pro or anti town.

That's my point though, you can't be trusted. You're openly saying that you attacked us. You openly lied, and when your lies caught up you, spun another story.

Again, you lied once for personal gain, and will likely do it again if you get the opportunity, or this could be a 2nd lie from a Mafia member. Unless a better option comes along, you're the best option.

I agree with you on one thing though. We need those RNH names.

Yeah. For all we know the cop may not even have a single guilty report. It sucks not knowing what to do, but the cop is key to winning. They should definitely wait.

Karkador

Banned
That's my point though, you can't be trusted. You're openly saying that you attacked us. You openly lied, and when your lies caught up you, spun another story.

I was lying to catch mafia, too.

I'm not inherently pro/anti town, but right now I need to be protown, because Mafia have gone completely unpunished. Even if I was trying to win, a town kill on this day only puts more pressure on me.

So use this day and night to get a mafia player. It is a much, much better move than killing me today.

kingkitty

kingkitty - 1post - His 1 post today seemed to be fishing for info from RNH. Since I've had suspicions about KK in the past, it makes me wonder. Either way, not helpful to tourists at all. Same applies to the next two.

you must have misread my post.

i was basically saying "maybe RNH shouldn't spill the beans too quickly"

and look what happened a page later, Karkador said he's a serial killer, lol.

anyways, even if he isn't mafia....he's still gonna try to kill our ass, and he took out the doctor.

vote:karkador

i might change my vote later if there's a good reason to...

ultron87

2) Nah, I wasn't the one who kicked that off. Not in commentary or in voting. FWIW, I really did think he was mafia.

You were the first person to vote for Johnny. Foshy had floated a theory that then dropped off until you brought it back up a few days later with the first actual vote. See that day's vote breakdown here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=150120158&postcount=585

3) that's got nothing to do with me. Did you ever say who you targeted that night?

No, I haven't. I looked at Lord of Castemere that night to try and catch a mafia killing a less active member.

you all can kill Karkador, but if two people die any night afterward, I think we are well and truly screwed.

I'm still not convinced, and I want the rest of this conversation to play out.

I'm going to take my vote out since there's been a lot more discussion and I don't want Karkador to be lynched automatically.

UNVOTE:Karkador

Karkador

Banned
You were the first person to vote for Johnny. Foshy had floated a theory that then dropped off until you brought it back up a few days later with the first actual vote. See that day's vote breakdown here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=150120158&postcount=585

Okay, going back to that part of the thread, I see you're right about that.

I still thought he was mafia, though, and it was based on Foshy's opening post about him.

Ultron, I really do believe you're town, and I really want you to look through the really simplistic "he's a killer! We can't trust him!" cardboard arguments. I'm on my way out. I'm tired of lying- doing this for MONTHS is exhausting, and I seriously considered telling Crab to get a replacement, because it was taking its toll on me mentally.

Anyway, look - its on town people like you to look at this critically. if the Mafia foundation is not shaken today, they regroup at night and come up with another plan to control the message. They are scrambling now to try to call me a liar, but all of this is 100% true.

If I need to die to prove it, so be it, but its gonna be a lot harder on town.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
As a reminder, with 17 players left, 9 votes will end the day automatically. Karkador is currently on 6.

Karkador

Banned
Missed this question earlier, sorry:

@Karkador: So you would not get informed about being blocked, right? You would just see that your target was not killed during the night, but not why?

Correct.

One of the things I'm still confused about is that Duress, as per his role, should have received a PM that he got hit on N1, and yet nothing about his demeanor or urgency changed on Day 2. It's like it never happened. I don't get it.

Zatoth

you all can kill Karkador, but if two people die any night afterward, I think we are well and truly screwed.

I don't think there are more killers in the game. Only Mafia and the Serial Killer. We would have seen more kills otherwise.

I could only think of a Copycat Killer. Does such a role even exist? Role that only gets activated after the serial killer dies.

kingkitty

Ultron, I really do believe you're town, and I really want you to look through the really simplistic "he's a killer! We can't trust him!" cardboard arguments. .

For me it's not about trust, although "trusting" a serial killer whose main goal is to get everyone else killed, well...

I'm more concerned that as you continue to kill, you'll end up wrong again, like before. Mafia gets a townie kill, Karkador gets a townie kill.

Considering we've already made plenty of bad lynches, we don't a serial killer making additional mistakes, even if it's in the interest of the town.

Maybe I'm being too safe, but, eh.

Karkador

Banned
Well, when no one feels like sharing anything...yeah. kind of fells that way.

Kark, if your didn't die tonight, you would you target? Out of curiosity.

Got a reason for that, or just because? Obviously, you don't really need a reason as the serial killer.

He's one of the people who has dropped subtle hints, as if he's trying to sag "I know someone is lying, but I can't say why I know".

I tried to cause some kind of cognative dissonance in mafia players, who know that they targeted me Night 4, but had little idea why I survived that attack (and the story I was saying deliberately did not add up)

Zatoth

@Ultron: When you got blocked, did you get a message saying that you were blocked or did you just not get information from crab?

Hi everyone. Just posting to say that I'm not just trying to slip back into the shadows (as that's probably impossible at this point anyway), I've just been super busy this week. I haven't had much time to read through and process everything, but I know you want the names revealed, and I will. I just really don't want to give the mafia any more big targets, which is possible, especially now what appeared to be the primary doctor was apparently fabrication. I'm not convinced that revealing them now will do anyone any favours, except the bad guys - we won't know who they targeted, what they did or even if it was a good or bad action, just that something happened.

Crab, game real talk. Mattyg is banned, at this point in the game will you look for a replacement of will we just lose that character?

Robotnninjahornets, what happens if the mafia kill you tonight? You knowing those names may put you in danger because they May think that both are mafia.

A Good test is to look at one of them tonight. It seems really unlikely we will kill anyone but Karkador today, and it allows you to confirm a continuing role or not (if they are mafia they may not be the person putting in the hit, vs someone with a job who will always use their job.

It's a risk, but it would help us single out mafia vs not mafia.

And don't tell us which nights person you are looking at. The mafia can use that to decide who puts in the hit.

StayDead

This game has been so significantly different to other games I've taken part in (in terms of the day night cycle worrking differently and whatnot) that it's meant I've found it hard to be of any real use to anyone so I do apologise. I haven't really got any suspicions about anyone and I'm still amazed at the fact we went two nights? (unless I'm wrong), with nobody dying.

Timeaisis

Also, if we're worried about RNH dying, Ultron can effectively protect him by using his ability on him the next night. That way if he does die, at least we'll know who killed him. I doubt mafia would be that stupid.

Also, if we're worried about RNH dying, Ultron can effectively protect him by using his ability on him the next night. That way if he does die, at least we'll know who killed him. I doubt mafia would be that stupid.

And quantum shouldnt say who he is switching with, that way they can't game the role blocker on ultron. This way we learn stuff no matter what.

I think this is a great shot to learn something!

Top Bottom