• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mafia |OT| When Death is on the Line

• Thread starter Deleted member 231381
  • Start date

Karkador

Banned
Neutral Serial Killer

So like I said, killing me at this juncture is not a good idea (it will count towards Mafia's win condition).

Timeaisis

As for the subject of kills:

There have definitely been two kills per night. Here is what I know about the kills that were not seen:

N1, Duress was hit for the first time. Didn't die, for obvious reasons.

N2, Timeaisis was hit. This is particularly strange, because nin1000's save didn't trip, but Timeaisis is still alive, and no one else showed up on his report (which is why I asked ultron if he had been honest about it).
Stick a red flag in it.

N3, Two people died, nothing to report.

N4, I got attacked.

N5, nin1000 was attacked, and somehow spared. Ultron was attacked and spared by nin1000.

N6, difficult to tell.

First off, I'm not going to vote to lynch you just because your not the doctor. That doesn't make any sense. But you have been pretty cagey about your role, and you did kind of "go with it" when people started assuming you were the doc. But whatever. The past is the past. So is your role some sort of information gathering type deal? If so, why did you use the word "protect" all the time? Are you like a combined doctor/cop or something?

Secondly, if I was hit on N2 like you say, that means that (if Ultron is telling the truth) one of these things is true:

1. You are mafia
2. QuantumBro is Mafia
3. RNH is mafia

El Topo

This is getting complicated. Sigh....seems like I'll actually have to go through the thread on the weekend to understand what is going on and who is (or is not) lying. I'd like to add though that I think that Karkie's role (if true) is pretty cool.

As for the subject of kills:

There have definitely been two kills per night. Here is what I know about the kills that were not seen:

N1, Duress was hit for the first time. Didn't die, for obvious reasons.

N2, Timeaisis was hit. This is particularly strange, because nin1000's save didn't trip, but Timeaisis is still alive, and no one else showed up on his report (which is why I asked ultron if he had been honest about it).
Stick a red flag in it.

N3, Two people died, nothing to report.

N4, I got attacked.

N5, nin1000 was attacked, and somehow spared. Ultron was attacked and spared by nin1000.

N6, difficult to tell.

At lunch so brief thought: Quantum says he switched you and Timeaisis on night 2, is there anything in your role about not being able to kill yourself?

Karkador

Banned
Also, ultron is most likely clean, as it was the Mafia that attacked him.

I killed nin1000, someone I thought would have been Mafia, but turned out to be the guy I was pretending to be. Go figure.

Karkador

Banned
At lunch so brief thought: Quantum says he switched you and Timeaisis on night 2, is there anything in your role about not being able to kill yourself?

I would have been notified. I have extra lives against night kills. One got used on N4.

The doctor play was to try to explain that. However, I deliberately switched the nights that I said I healed myself, to try to catch some Mafia.

Timeaisis

I'm confused now. So you attacked me on N2, Kark? Then who the hell "protected" me?

If I was targeted N2 by Kark, QuantumBro and RNH, shouldn't I have died? I mean, if someone protected me they would've shown up on Ultron's report, right?

Except that...
QuantumBro did the following:

Night 1: SWITCH: Timeaisis and nin1000
Night 2: SWITCH: Timeasis and Karkador
Night 3: SWITCH: Kalor and Ward
Night 4: SWITCH: Amir0x and Quantumbro

Meaning that if you did attack me on N2 Kark you should have died

from

There are two people A and B.
A: Villager.
B: Mafia killing A.

1. If I switch A and B, would B kill themselves?
Crab answered yes to my question, which is why I am fairly certain that Karkador is not a Mafia member.

Feel free to ask any questions about my role.

So either:
1. RNH or QuantumBro is actually a Doc
2. Kark was protected by a doctor (or some similar role) on N2

What's the win condition on your role Kark?

I'm confused now. So you attacked me on N2, Kark? Then who the hell "protected" me?

If I was targeted N2 by Kark, QuantumBro and RNH, shouldn't I have died? I mean, if someone protected me they would've shown up on Ultron's report, right?

Nin was the third person on night two, so it's possible Kark was saved by him.

Crap. Nin was the third person that visited Timeaisis on Night 2 along with Karkador and QuantumBro.

We didn't get told that anyone was successfully saved that night. So that certainly throws the original "two were town, one was Mafia" theory for a loop.

No one visited QuantumBro last night.

I'll definitely have to think/rethink on some stuff with this new info. Wanted to get all my info out as soon as possible without much theorizing first though.

Timeaisis

I understand, all my theories need to be rethinked now.

Yeah we should have given Nin's role, but who knows if another role canceled out that message.

I think it's likely we have another doc who hasn't stepped forward yet. (If you are reading this: don't step forward)

I can tell that I don't have a special role that allows me to live or anything. I'm a simple tourist.

Kark, you said you get a free pass on kills, right? Like you have "multiple lives" or something? It's possible the hit on me (that was redirected to you via QuantumBro) was counted as one of those multiple lives?

Zatoth

Interesting. So me feeling was right. I was thinking that you are not a doc, but a neutral killer. Trying to get some protection by claiming to be a Doc.

So we most likely have another power role in play that can save people or block attackers.

@Karkador: So you would not get informed about being blocked, right? You would just see that your target was not killed during the night, but not why?

Zatoth

And I have a feeling that you are still not telling us the full truth about your role. I'd guess you'd have to get a number of kills to win.

Maybe with Nin dead you already reached that number and that is why you decided to come clear.

Karkador

Banned
That you're going to win or tell us your win condition?

Two other players left alive with me wins me the game. Only 14 more players to go...

Kark, you said you get a free pass on kills, right? Like you have "multiple lives" or something? It's possible the hit on me (that was redirected to you via QuantumBro) was counted as one of those multiple lives?

I get a notice in PM. That's how I know I was attacked on N4, and that was the only notice I've gotten.

As for how many lives I have, well...a serial killer's gotta have his secrets. Like where I buried Foshy's ears.

Timeaisis

I get a notice in PM. That's how I know I was attacked on N4, and that was the only notice I've gotten.

As for how many lives I have, well...a serial killer's gotta have his secrets. Like where I buried Foshy's ears.

Fair enough, but you are saying that you didn't get a PM on N2 when you were trying to kill me (I assume you were trying to kill me?)

So that means someone else protected you. That's the only thing I can think of. At least, at this point, we can account for the other night kills.

I got to admit, claiming doc was a clever play. N2 was such a clusterfuck it was believable, and then you just didn't kill anyone on N4 and claim you protected someone. You had us going.

Anyway, lynching you, as you said, isn't really going to do us any good at this point. Although you still may continue to kill people, which is bad, so if we don't have any other leads, that may be the best option.

It feels weird talking to someone who has admitted to trying to kill me.

Palmer_v1

Shouldn't we be able to find out about his role in the mafia/werewolf wiki?

Crab has said the roles may not conform to classic roles.

It's a little strange that he came forward with that role. There's essentially no way for him to win now, unless we all go brain dead.

I still think he's Mafia, and trying to further bullshit us now that we were catching on to his initial lies. Literally everything he's claiming would also be true if he was a secondary Mafia killer, right?

El Topo

Crab has said the roles may not conform to classic roles.

It's a little strange that he came forward with that role. There's essentially no way for him to win now, unless we all go brain dead.

I still think he's Mafia, and trying to further bullshit us now that we were catching on to his initial lies. Literally everything he's claiming would also be true if he was a secondary Mafia killer, right?

Would two mafia killers be imbalanced? I think a neutral killer explains a lot and would fit the game more, but I completely understand your point. Both is possible I guess. I really have to start from the beginning to see if anything here makes sense, might do that on the weekend even though it might take a lot of time.

Karkador

Banned
Fair enough, but you are saying that you didn't get a PM on N2 when you were trying to kill me (I assume you were trying to kill me?)

Correct. I aimed at you for a kill.

I'm not sure what could have happened, because I was a nobody on Day 2, and I have no idea why someone would have thought to protect me or roleblock me.

I got to admit, claiming doc was a clever play. N2 was such a clusterfuck it was believable, and then you just didn't kill anyone on N4 and claim you protected someone. You had us going.

On the contrary, and unlike the Mafia, I am obligated to target every night.

Timeaisis

I'm not sure what could have happened, because I was a nobody on Day 2, and I have no idea why someone would have thought to protect me or roleblock me.

Ah, so who'd you target N4? And did they die?

Between the two targets on night 3, who did you target night 3? This may be a thing but I won't say why... Theories and all that

you having to kill every night is interesting...

ultron87

He isn't on our side and we have to kill him to win at some point.

Basically we just have Karkador's word he won't kill one a Townsperson tonight. If we kill him he won't have the chance to randomly kill a Mafia by luck, but also definitely won't kill a townsperson.

Karkador

Banned
He isn't on our side and we have to kill him to win at some point.

Basically we just have Karkador's word he won't kill one a Townsperson tonight. If we kill him he won't have the chance to randomly kill a Mafia by luck, but also definitely won't kill a townsperson.

But you're also working towards Mafia win conditions by killing me at this point. Kill a Mafia or two first, then it will be a lot safer to kill me.

I'm willing to target someone the town says. I'll be your benevolent serial killer.

The other thing is, I could target myself and burn a life..

never mind, you claimed Foshy's ears... Theory dismissed

RNH, Can you reveal what you saw on those redacted nights?

I am serious that we only have a few more nights before a unified Mafia can kill tourists without having to stay hidden.

By my estimate, best case scenario is 3 mafioso, worst case is 7. I personally want to make the best effort to kill a mafioso today and not have to worry about whether we have a shit ton of them left or just a small handful.

With a worst case mafia (7 players by my estimate) One kill a night from Kark, and a mafia hit puts us at two nights left, assuming that no one stays alive based on those night time actions.

Karkador

Banned
I mean, either way, you stand to work towards Mafia victory today. If you kill me, that's A point for Mafia. If I kill a townperson at night, same thing.

However, there's a chance I'll get mafia kill, which puts leaving me alive tonight at a slightly better option.

I'd also like to add, in case it wasn't clear, that I received no information about who's who, so I'm as in the dark about roles as Town.

Palmer_v1

Are we ignoring the possibility that he's a mafia aligned killer, or other mafia role that targets, simply trying to buy himself time?

I'm not changing my vote from karkador. We don't seem to have any better choices at the moment.

At best, I'm right, and the mafia finally loses a player, and particularly one with an ability.

At worst, he really is the neutral role he claims. There's an immediate gain for the mafia in th at we yet again failed to lynch one of them, but long term, he's an issue for us. Especially if he has to target someone each night. He doesn't have any more information than the rest of us non-investigative roles, and even with the best intentions for town, he might still guess incorrectly and kill more tourists. Not to mention if the game goes on long enough, it will eventually be in his interest to deliberately kill us again.

So until something else shakes loose...

Vote: Karkador

Karkador

Banned
It sure would be interesting if Robot Ninja Hornets told us the names on his list, considering that N2 and N4 are the nights that the most mysterious things happened

Karkador

Banned
A few more things to consider:

- Mafia wouldn't been sure if I was Town or Neutral. By default, I would appear as "Not Mafia" to them.

It wouldn't even become obvious to them that there was a second killer until Day 3.

- Being someone that can resist night kills, and having revealed this rather suddenly (away from the times that Mafia can talk in private), I imagine that I have the Mafia legit shook right now.

But next day phase, they will likely have a plan to deal with the fallout.

- I imagine that Mafia rather enjoyed that I killed some people for them, and killing the doctor was a huge boon. I feel that the people least critical of the second killer, and the people least critical of me (especially today, when it was rather obvious that my cover was blown) are suspect.

-

MattyG

Banned
Are we ignoring the possibility that he's a mafia aligned killer, or other mafia role that targets, simply trying to buy himself time?

I'm not changing my vote from karkador. We don't seem to have any better choices at the moment.

At best, I'm right, and the mafia finally loses a player, and particularly one with an ability.

At worst, he really is the neutral role he claims. There's an immediate gain for the mafia in th at we yet again failed to lynch one of them, but long term, he's an issue for us. Especially if he has to target someone each night. He doesn't have any more information than the rest of us non-investigative roles, and even with the best intentions for town, he might still guess incorrectly and kill more tourists. Not to mention if the game goes on long enough, it will eventually be in his interest to deliberately kill us again.

I agree. For a town win, we have to lynch him at some point, and if we can't figure out who's mafia for sure by the end of the day, he's our best bet.

Palmer_v1

This day phase started at (03-10-2015, 01:37 PM) CST. It's been nearly 72 hours since then. 3 full days. We have about 4 days left. These are the people that have contributed in this Day phase:

AbsolutBro - 1 post - Low post counts all around, but he's obviously paying attention to the thread cause it did not take long for him to respond when quantum brought up his name. Suspicious.
El Topo - 6 posts - Advocating for lynching less active players. An attempt to keep Karkador alive? Not sure. He did swap is vote to no lynch yesterday to keep RNH alive at the last second.
Karkador - 31 posts - He's obviously a hot topic right now, so understandable, but this is still over 1/3 of his posts in one day phase, and I've made my general case on why he might be Mafia rather than neutral.
kingkitty - 1post - His 1 post today seemed to be fishing for info from RNH. Since I've had suspicions about KK in the past, it makes me wonder. Either way, not helpful to tourists at all. Same applies to the next two.
Lord of Castamere - 1 post - See above. Slightly less suspicious to me than KK.
Mattyg - 0 - See above. Pretty sure I've actively tried to lynch this guy previously, so yeah.
Palmer_v1 - 7 posts - This dude is clearly a tourist. DO NOT LYNCH. >.>
pants - 6 posts - Pressed Karkador for answers aggressively.
QuantumBro - 11 posts - I'm not 100% certain we can trust him, but I'm inclined to.
Rembrandt - 0 posts - This motherfucker has fewer posts than Barrylocke, and he died Night 1! I want to just policy lynch this sandbagging son of a bitch.
RobotNinjaHornets - 2 posts - Last minute save without providing info was annoying. Still doesn't feel like you have been particularly helpful to the tourists.
StayDead - 0 posts - Another low post count player that hasn't contributed anything of note that I can remember.
Timeaisis - 20 posts - Been posting a lot lately. I only trust him because Quantum and Ultron. If those two prove to be liars, lynch this dude! Pretty sure we're good though.
tomakasatnav - 1 post - Always been a low poster. Worried he's posting just enough to avoid attention.
traube - 6 posts - Seems to be trying to help tourists.
ultron_87 - 6 posts - See Quantumbro and Timeaisis. It could be some crazy Mafia ruse, but I believe them for now.
Zippedpinhead - 18 posts - Seems to be fighting hard to get everything clarified, but again, I'm worried that involves fishing for hidden tourist power roles.

I bolded the people that seem like problems. Doesn't mean I think they're Mafia, just that the way they are playing/posting may not be particularly helpful to tourists.

Also, our overall posts(anyone below the cutoff is dead or replaced):

wTRAajz.png

I agree.

It's very clear that this is a last ditch plan to save his own skin. Playing the 'enemy of my enemy' card. He clearly didn't start with helping the town. Timeasis is as non mafia as you could get. Having a wildcard randomly killing people at night isn't a good thing either if you can't trust them.

Best case he's mafia pretending to be neutral, worst case he's telling the truth. Regardless he directly lied to us for personal gain, and will probably do it again if opportunity arises.

Palmer_v1

Also, why the fuck are people I think are Mafia suddenly going along with the popular vote right after I pointed out their inactivity?

Motherfucking Mafia. If we could agree on one to vote for, I would be willing to change my vote from Karkador right now.

Palmer_v1

I honestly don't quite see why we should have to lynch Karkador right now.

Who instead, El Topo? I just posted my list of people that includes several I'm willing to hang.

Just saying not to lynch Karkador is not super useful if you're not providing an alternative.

I say we start with MattyG.

Top Bottom