• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mafia |OT| When Death is on the Line

• Thread starter Deleted member 231381
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Re: MattyG, I'll use my man on the inside to find out his ban length and proceed from there. There may need to be a replacement, yes.

kingkitty

shurrrg I don't know, if y'all think it's wise to keep serial killer Karkador alive, then so be it.

but sooner or later, he's gonna have to go.

vote: crab

no wait

vote: rembrandt

because QuantumBro voted for this guy and I'm just gonna follow his lead.

I might change my vote again before the deadline tomorrow.

.. So why is Rembrandt getting the vote?

Well he hasn't posted at all during this day period and Palmer noted earlier that he has less posts in this thread than Barry, who died during the first night. At the very least, maybe this will inspire him to start posting.

I'm open to other suggestions as well if you have any.

Karkador

Banned
Well he hasn't posted at all during this day period and Palmer noted earlier that he has less posts in this thread than Barry, who died during the first night. At the very least, maybe this will inspire him to start posting.

I'm open to other suggestions as well if you have any.

I informally nominated pants earlier, because of his reactions to my behavior.

I mean, going for someone because they have the fewest posts is literally scraping the bottom of the barrel for a reason.

I informally nominated pants earlier, because of his reactions to my behavior.

I mean, going for someone because they have the fewest posts is literally scraping the bottom of the barrel for a reason.

We just don't have any clear evidence against someone in particular, any vote is a guess right now. I'm half tempted to start a lynch against RNH or ultron to force them to reveal the remaining names.

ultron87

What? No. This is nuts.

We don't need the guy that has confessed to be gradually murdering us all to be alive tonight to execute some sort of plan just because he totally promises he'll help us. If we have actual organization with our roles and the information gains possible from them we can win. But not if the guy that has never killed a Mafia member keeps taking potshots, misses, and makes the game progress at double speed.

We don't even know he's actually neutral! He had everyone fooled about being the doctor so why the hell should trust that he's neutral now? Even money he's Mafia trying one last ditch effort to get on our good side after his own murdering blew his previous cover!

Vote: Karkador

kingkitty

it is a risky gamble. but I find it more exciting, tbh.

I say, if no mafia dies tonight, then we should definitely burn Karkador alive in the next day cycle.

Karkador

Banned
What? No. This is nuts.

We don't need the guy that has confessed to be gradually murdering us all to be alive tonight to execute some sort of plan just because he totally promises he'll help us. If we have actual organization with our roles and the information gains possible from them we can win. But not if the guy that has never killed a Mafia member keeps taking potshots, misses, and makes the game progress at double speed.

This is true, and it's also true that the Town has yet to lynch a single Mafia - and they're certainly laughing at us. This is why I really want to get one before I go.

We don't even know he's actually neutral! He had everyone fooled about being the doctor so why the hell should trust that he's neutral now? Even money he's Mafia trying one last ditch effort to get on our good side after his own murdering blew his previous cover!

You'll see soon enough that I'm neutral. Whether you see it now, or after I'm dead, makes little difference to me - but I wanna kill at least one Mafia. That's all I ask for.

Now, I have vouched for you - A LOT. I still think that most of your credibility in this game currently stands from how much I've vouched for you. You're even getting MORE credibility by me revealing that there was, in fact, something fishy going on with me. Doesn't calling me Mafia undermine your own credibility, though?

I mean, I know that a Mafia player had to have attacked you on the night that nin1000 saved you, but with a switcher around, I can't completely rule out that you were the Mafia's intended target.

ultron87

Even if I knew one hundred percent you were neutral I'd still vote to kill you. We finally have some semblance of organization. At least some of the people involved in the plan are probably lying, but at least it is a start. To leverage some plan (and the information gained from it succeeding or from it failing) we need to slow the game down and not let you stay out there swinging an axe around at your whim.

Karkador

Banned
Even if I knew one hundred percent you were neutral I'd still vote to kill you. We finally have some semblance of organization. At least some of the people involved in the plan are probably lying, but at least it is a start. To leverage some plan (and the information gained from it succeeding or from it failing) we need to slow the game down and not let you stay out there swinging an axe around at your whim.

I'm not guaranteed a hit, anyhow. In fact, I've only hit half of the time.

Do you not find the way people are voting to be suspicious?

pants

Not keeping a KILLER that is gunning for me and has fucked with the town for many nights around, no thanks jeff.

Palmer_v1

It might make us more likely to win by lynching karkador, but at least he's making the game more fun/interesting. I'll risk it this time in order to lynch a boring player like Rembrandt.

P.s. I will shit in your sock drawer if you kill a tourist tonight karkador.

P.s. I will shit in your sock drawer if you kill a tourist tonight karkador.

Karkador, if two tourists die tonight....

And yes, I'd like to think I'm paying attention, BUT your track record leaves a lot to be desired...

If we leave Karkador alive, the mafia has to make a choice. Block kark, or block ultron/RNH?

With quantum's role going first, they can't block him, and it means they go in a bit blind on what to target with the hit and with the block.

Zatoth

What? No. This is nuts.

Exactly.

Karkador has been lying to us before. What makes you think he is telling the full truth now? The only reason he told us about his role was because he blew his cover by taking out the real Doctor.

I don't think he is Mafia but I still think he has some special winning condition he is not telling us about.

Zatoth

Only ~2 hours left today.

Current votes: (please check if I've made a mistake)

Karkador: MattyG, Lord of Castamere, traube, Karkador, ultron87, pants

Rembrandt: QuantumBro, kingkitty, Zippedpinhead, Palmer_v1, Timeaisis, StayDead

So at the moment it is a draw with 6 - 6.

I'd also like to point out that Karkador, the Serial Killer, voted for himself. So he most likely will change his vote in his favour before the day ends.

Current Votes:

Karkador - 6 (Karkador, Traube, MattyG, Lord of Castamere, Pants, Ultron87)
Rembrandt- 6 (Timeaisis, Palmerv1, Kingkitty, ZippedinHead, Staydead, Quantumbro)

2 hours 8 minutes until day end.

Palmer_v1

I feel like voting Karkador is risky at this point, since he's likely to be changing his own vote, and it leaves a damnably narrow margin for Mafia to try and force a tie. That's assuming they WANT a tie.

Timeaisis

What? No. This is nuts.

It's true, but I'm kind of inclined to give him a chance. We'll know tomorrow whether or not he can be trusted, and we can make our move against him then. He could be an asset if he truly is neutral.

Also, why the hell would he reveal he was the serial killer anyway? What does that gain him other than random suspicion? He could have just admitted to being a town-aligned vigilante instead and explained the lying away by not wanting to admit to accidentally killing townies. Admitting to being the serial killer seems like an act of good faith on his part.

That being said, I still don't know where I stand. I like the current plan we got, and I don't have anyone better to lynch.

ultron87

The risk of Karkador screwing the town either A) entirely by accident by guessing wrong B) out of spite because he can't possibly win or C) because he is totally Mafia just screwing with us is COLOSSAL. Even if he is being entirely genuine with us he is what, maybe 40% to hit a Mafia? If two Townspeople die tomorrow that means we are forced to use our lynch on Karkador. So we can't even use anything we gain from any sort of organized roll usage because we have to kill the killer we left alive.

He revealed he was the Serial Killer because pretending to be a Doctor as the Town Vigilante makes zero sense. It was his only option whether he is a mafia or serial killer.

Karkador

Banned
Seems like we have at least two liars

I say that based on likelihood. I dont think everyone is being honest (nor do I think everyone lying is mafia)

Also, Kark, do you mind explaining your suspicion of Pants? Genuinely curious.

See the quoted posts above, said in my general direction, before any of this any of this unfolded.

Mafia know, at least in a rudimentary way, that I'm not one of them (hence the "nor do I think everyone lying is mafia" comment), yet they are well aware by that point that there is a second killer not affiliated with them.

El Topo

The risk of Karkador screwing the town either A) entirely by accident by guessing wrong B) out of spite because he can't possibly win or C) because he is totally Mafia just screwing with us is COLOSSAL. Even if he is being entirely genuine with us he is what, maybe 40% to hit a Mafia? If two Townspeople die tomorrow that means we are forced to use our lynch on Karkador. So we can't even use anything we gain from any sort of organized roll usage because we have to kill the killer we left alive.

He revealed he was the Serial Killer because pretending to be a Doctor as the Town Vigilante makes zero sense. It was his only option whether he is a mafia or serial killer.

I haven't really kept up: Did the mafia ever try to kill him? I mean, he was pretending to be the doctor, pretty much the ultimate target. If I was mafia, that's a guy I'd want gone quickly.

ultron87

I haven't really kept up: Did the mafia ever try to kill him? I mean, he was pretending to be the doctor, pretty much the ultimate target. If I was mafia, that's a guy I'd want gone quickly.

He claims he was attacked on a night but has extra lives against night kills.

pants

See the quoted posts above, said in my general direction, before any of this any of this unfolded.

Mafia know, at least in a rudimentary way, that I'm not one of them (hence the "nor do I think everyone lying is mafia" comment), yet they are well aware by that point that there is a second killer not affiliated with them.

You didn't even post on that page, yet you say it was about you. Bollocks. You try to imply that I'm mafia for simply following the conversation. Bollocks. And the best part - by what logic do you think if I was mafia would I be dropping hints to help instead of laughing all the way to the bank behind closed doors? what.

Guys, please. Vote him off, dont do this.

Karkador

Banned
You didn't even post on that page, yet you say it was about you. Bollocks. You try to imply that I'm mafia for simply following the conversation. Bollocks. And the best part - by what logic do you think if I was mafia would I be dropping hints to help instead of laughing all the way to the bank behind closed doors? what.

Guys, please. Vote him off, dont do this.

So who were the two people you thought were lying?

The fact that nobody died N5, and I claimed to be the Doctor, immediately made the discussion partially about me, because I successfully healed.

I mean, I think it would be helpful to talk about what actually happened that night, or Night 2.

El Topo

I am not convinced at all that he is mafia, but Karkador has one vote less (since he'll likely unvote himself) and Rembrandt seems to have made no effort to even defend himself or take part.

Vote: Rembrandt

I'm kinda getting getting tired of people not even showing up to vote. Rembrandt couldn't even be bothered to make an appearance at his execution.

Regardless of what happens today, the person who wasn't lynched will be my default vote tomorrow. In my eyes, both deserve to die.

Top Bottom