• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mafia/Werewolf Recruitment Thread | Go on the Internet and Tell Lies.

Droplet

Gafia awards extra:

Is Droplet so Anime?
a) So anime
b) Sooooo anime

I'm sorry. We played some jackbox, and stuff like this happened. Don't NK me in season 4, Droplet ;__;

fb0.jpg

Season 5.

Swamped

Banned
Omg Squgee is playing real life twitch mafia? That will be hilarious to watch. I won't be able to, but I'll look forward to reactions in here!

ANNOUNCING DAY FIVE WINNERS :D

2015 Best Moderator:
  • Winner: OUROBOLOLS (11 votes)
  • Runner Up: Karkador and LaunchpadMcQ (1 vote)

2015 Best Villainous Breakdown:
  • Winner: DR ! Czar Tim (5 votes)
  • Runner Up: Cthulhu ! nin1000 (3 votes)

2015 Best Player who Died Too Soon:
  • Winner: Burbeting (6 votes)
  • Runner Up: Blargonaut (3 votes)

grats winners!!!!

DAY SIX CATEGORIES UP SHORTLY~

squidyj

I realized I forgot to mention another rules difference for those that care.
we use a system of 'formals' what that means is instead of voting on players all throughout the game first someone needs to initiate a formal accusation and that needs to be seconded. once that has happened an accusation may be stated, and the accused has an opportunity to defend themself, all discussion must be about the accused during this phase and often it stops the regular day clock. Finally, either at the end of the allotted formal time, or when both accuser and accused agree, the accuser chooses to either push the formal to a vote or not. If the accuser pushes to a vote, the accused will not be able to be formaled again during that day phase (if they aren't lynched they gain immunity for the rest of the day).

Example
Squidyj: "I formal Ourourororoborus"
Droplet: "I second. Also, I'm so anime"
Squidyj: "Ourobobobo, I accuse you of being kind of a dick"
Ouro: *Ouro gives a defense*
Everyone: *talks about Ouro and whether or not he's guilty*
Squidyj: "I push this to a vote"
*everyone votes their conscience and Ouro lives, Squidyj doesn't vote, it was all a feint*

Generally the number of formals in a day is limited or the number that stop the day clock is limited.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
But what do you use as background music, Pursuit or Investigation?

DAY SIX CATEGORIES

1. Best Doctor Death
2. Weirdest Game
3. Best Townie.

-

my noms:
1. Archer ! Visualante.... specially with his late rebuttal after the day end. Second option: DR ! Crab
2. uhhh.... hard to choose. I really liked Cthulhu's set up, that was super bizarre :D and Election was also .... uh, inspired :x Too bad MGS is still going. Otherwise I'd pick that one. For now: Cthulhu.
3. lots of good choices! AC ! EzekelRage, AC ! Yamcha, AC ! Retro <3... Archer ! squider, GAFia ! royroy.... I have to pick one so I'll go with Yamuchachacha~

Sorian

Banned
DAY SIX CATEGORIES

1. Best Doctor Death
2. Weirdest Game
3. Best Townie.

1. Crab was the doctor in DR, right? That, for sure. Probably my favorite death in a game to date.
2. Hmmmmmm, it's hard for me to call cthulhu weird since it was my first time (they didn't go easy on me but I liked it rough). I'll go with DR, the fight club/hallway mechanic really changed the game. I liked it.
3. Man, can I vote for Rats and Droplet as one townie for their lover's role in cthulhu? They both played off of each other so well both in thread and behind the scenes and accomplished a lot.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Since crab isn't here (because I killed him lol) let me fill the hole he left behind:

Grumble grumble grumble grumble grumble

You all are idiots. Having to play with you causes me physical pain. Everyone should play exactly like me (ie have zero fun). Why do you all even bother reading posts not written by me.

Grumble grumble grumble grumble grumble
A classic.

Sawneeks

Banned
1. RIP DR!Crab
2. Dangan was p weird but CzarTim's Vig orgy Fight Club takes the cake with the whole priority/buddy system.
3. Roy in GAFia.

we are spiders on the internets. we type with eight appendages. and we never sleep.

Truly the most mysterious country.

Karkador

Banned
Anyone in here play the Colt Express board game? I want a .5 game in that vein. Trying to decide how feasible it is.

That's interesting.

Votes could be public/private, announced on the day, and they get resolved in reverse stack order; so it could be that the first voters don't actually affect the outcome (because the votes entered after theirs resolve first, and could be enough to reach majority).

I'd make up a bunch of vote-spinning powers to explore that.

Palmer_v1

That's interesting.

Votes could be public/private, announced on the day, and they get resolved in reverse stack order; so it could be that the first voters don't actually affect the outcome (because the votes entered after theirs resolve first, and could be enough to reach majority).

I'd make up a bunch of vote-spinning powers to explore that.

You went a different route than me, but that's interesting as well. Would you still make it teams?

I was thinking of it as literally as possible, as a side game, not a mafia conversion.

Edit:

To be fair, it might just be my desire to play Colt Express lately. It's a fun little game.

we lost one newbie, people :< sunshine and gasoline has had to pull out due to life stuff

here's hoping crab or kittykris or lord of castamere will sign up soon .____.

that might help salva. but we still got 4 days left to recruit :> once deadline is met, i might needs to ask some game runners to retool a bit depending on how many players are confirmed to play...

1. Best Doctor Death
2. Weirdest Game
3. Best Townie.

1. Yeah, definitely Crab.
2. NX. And it was supposed to be a "normal game." lol
3. Darryl!

That last one has a bit of a personal bias, because I feel like my own playstyle was largely developed by following Darryl's lead in the first two days of Cthulhu. And I didn't follow Archer past the first couple days, but I heard he did some work over there, as well.

Motherfucker is just plain good at this game, no matter what side he's on. If he ever rolls neutral we're all dead.

squidyj

1. Yeah, definitely Crab.
2. NX. And it was supposed to be a "normal game." lol
3. Darryl!

That last one has a bit of a personal bias, because I feel like my own playstyle was largely developed by following Darryl's lead in the first two days of Cthulhu. And I didn't follow Archer past the first couple days, but I heard he did some work over there, as well.

Motherfucker is just plain good at this game, no matter what side he's on. If he ever rolls neutral we're all dead.

man we sure rolled some dice in archer, Haly was || this close to getting on the mission and then who knows how shit would have gone down.

Sorian

Banned
I just realized something. Is there a reason we are starting on a Sunday instead of Monday? I don't mind either way but I could have sworn people preferred weekday starts when we were at this point last season.

RetroMG

I just realized something. Is there a reason we are starting on a Sunday instead of Monday? I don't mind either way but I could have sworn people preferred weekday starts when we were at this point last season.

That's a really good point.

roytheone

That's a really good point.

Didn't last season all three games started on different days? One started on a Saturday, one on a Sunday and one on a Monday i think. That will spread out the night phases a bit so people can follow other games while theirs is in the night phase (until games are starting to have turbo's of course).

Sorian

Banned
Didn't last season all three games started on different days? One started on a Saturday, one on a Sunday and one on a Monday i think. That will spread out the night phases a bit so people can follow other games while theirs is in the night phase (until games are starting to have turbo's of course).

This was also true and a very good solution. I just remember there being a debate on what day of the week things should start.

Gorlak

Banned
More important are the times... We need something most of the people can agree with.

Time Zone Comparison

What do you think? I'm in favour of 8pm GMT day start. Not too late for Europeans, not too early for Pacific? At least nobody should be asleep?

Sorian

Banned
More important are the times... We need something most of the people can agree with.

Time Zone Comparison

What do you think? I'm in favour of 8pm GMT day start. Not too late for Europeans, not too early for Pacific? At least nobody should be asleep?

There is one issue you need to keep in mind for this. The gamerunner tends to choose a time where they know they will be available. These are main season games as well so day phases are 72 hours (right? We're going back to that?) so I agree that a manageable time for all timezones is beneficial but not the end of the world. No one has an excuse to be put out with so much discussion time. Though I understand that there are various reason why a player would need to be online at end time and it's best if we can make that easy for everybody.

Top Bottom