• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mafia/Werewolf Recruitment Thread | Go on the Internet and Tell Lies.

hey guys, so sorry for ditching half-way through Election, life was so stressful and hectic. I was so proud to see how Blargonaut took the baton though, I definitely made the right decision in passing over to him.

my life has only gotten more active since September (although luckily in a positive way) so unfortunately, I think it's for the best if I sit this season out, as I definitely don't think I'll be able to commit as much of myself as I did to Cthulhu

Hopefully I will be free to play again, at some point.

I miss you, NF

taylor-swift-i-love-you-o.gif

Swamped

Banned
ya people be slacking!

grrrrrawwwwwwwwrrrrrrrrrrr

DAY FIVE CATEGORIES:

1. Best Moderator
2. Best Villainous Breakdown
3. Best Player who died too soon.

1. Tough one. I'll go with Ouro, he moderated three games, and his updates are always timely.
2. Retro from Gafia. I can still hear OWA playing in the background.
3. Blargonaut in SW and in Chthulu.

Sorian

Banned
1. Tough one. I'll go with Ouro, he moderated three games, and his updates are always timely.
2. Retro from Gafia. I can still hear OWA playing in the background.
3. Blargonaut in SW and in Chthulu.

He did not die nearly fast enough from what I remember. I hate 9-stage boss fights.

Palmer_v1

1. Best Moderator - Ouro via both consistency and volume
2. Best Villainous Breakdown - I thought Raindoc outing himself after the deadline(and arguing with Crab about it) in a bid to save Absolut was pretty funny.
3. Best Player who died too soon. - Swamped in SW. I mean, scum won, but her and Absolut never got a chance to use their roles fully, and she's shown she can be clever scum.

Can we go back to worst power role use? I just remembered that EVERY gun and vest Quantum handed out ended up in scum hands in Star Wars.

We also need a category for craziest role claim that actually turned out to be true.

Sorian

Banned
2. Best Villainous Breakdown - I thought Raindoc outing himself after the deadline(and arguing with Crab about it) in a bid to save Absolut was pretty funny.
3. Best Player who died too soon. - Swamped in SW. I mean, scum won, but her and Absolut never got a chance to use their roles fully, and she's shown she can be clever scum.

Can we go back to worst power role use? I just remembered that EVERY gun and vest Quantum handed out ended up in scum hands in Star Wars.

We also need a category for craziest role claim that actually turned out to be true.

I was a cow man that had to lick someone every night and market Microsoft products by day. Do we really need to vote on this?

cabot

You didn't claim the Microsoft part though.

My Miller certainly confused a few. Including myself

Let's be honest Robin Hood in archer was it. Couldn't believe the flip

Sorian

Banned
You didn't claim the Microsoft part though.

My Miller certainly confused a few. Including myself

Let's be honest Robin Hood in archer was it. Couldn't believe the flip

I would have been mod-killed if I claimed the Microsoft part :(

Sawneeks

Banned
ya people be slacking!

grrrrrawwwwwwwwrrrrrrrrrrr

DAY FIVE CATEGORIES:

1. Best Moderator
2. Best Villainous Breakdown
3. Best Player who died too soon.

1. Ourobolols
2. CzarTim in Dangan
3. Scrafty in Gaf Mafia. Sure she ended up being Mafia in the end but I really liked whole accent shenanigans going on. Kind of sad I didn't get to see a Scrafty in her prime. :(

roytheone

Since the main game I am planning is pretty crazy, I tried to create a smaller, more basic game first just to get a hang of it. I may never run it, I may run it as a season 4.5 game. Is there a way to let people look at it so that they can laugh at how terribly imbalanced it is?

Palmer_v1

Since the main game I am planning is pretty crazy, I tried to create a smaller, more basic game first just to get a hang of it. I may never run it, I may run it as a season 4.5 game. Is there a way to let people look at it so that they can laugh at how terribly imbalanced it is?

The current set of mods would be your best bet probably.

I would have been mod-killed if I claimed the Microsoft part :(

Sounds like a You problem.

hey guys, so sorry for ditching half-way through Election, life was so stressful and hectic. I was so proud to see how Blargonaut took the baton though, I definitely made the right decision in passing over to him.

my life has only gotten more active since September (although luckily in a positive way) so unfortunately, I think it's for the best if I sit this season out, as I definitely don't think I'll be able to commit as much of myself as I did to Cthulhu

:(

I look forward to playing with you again in the future (hopefully the very near future!). It would be so sad if We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together.

I definitely didn't Google "taylor swift songs" for this post. No, sir.

Sorian

Banned
:(

I look forward to playing with you again in the future (hopefully the very near future!). It would be so sad if We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together.

I definitely didn't Google "taylor swift songs" for this post. No, sir.

It's ok Rats, we all know you are a secret fan. She's a cute girl, there's no shame.

The Gafia list will always have a blank space for your name on it.

Everyone is voting for Ouro, but do you guys remember the drone slip??? lmao jk
Great updates and dedicated Mallory role. Thumbs up from me :)

RetroMG

We're playing Jackbox games! Probably Fibbage and Quiplash, but there might be some others, too. We're at Jackbox.tv room code NHHG, and streaming at twitch.tv/GafiaGames.

Come join us!

Further room codes will be posted at Outer Gafia, so keep an eye there, too.

EDIT: Current code is SUJU

Kawl_USC

Having read ONUW 1 and 6, and about half of the MGS game thats up right now, yall seem like fun people. Was disappointed that Team Tanner didn't pull off the victory in ONUW 6.

Palmer_v1

Yes. Shouldn't I?

I also take into account to distribute the low and high players into each game and their play style preferences but it's not rng assignment.

It makes sense, I just somehow glossed over that you were doing it this way. Do you have an appx player count for each game? Should I be building for more than 21?

It makes sense, I just somehow glossed over that you were doing it this way. Do you have an appx player count for each game? Should I be building for more than 21?

You are allocated 21 players atm so that's just nicely

We have only met the bare minimum players right now and some people haven't even confirmed they are good to go, so keep your set up as is please :3

Player count per game is as per the game application:
  • Harry Potter - 28 players
  • Nightvale - 23 players
  • Werewolf - 21 players

Palmer_v1

You are allocated 21 players atm so that's just nicely

We have only met the bare minimum players right now and some people haven't even confirmed they are good to go, so keep your set up as is please :3

Player count per game is as per the game application:
  • Harry Potter - 28 players
  • Nightvale - 23 players
  • Werewolf - 21 players

got it.

Sorian

Banned
Having read ONUW 1 and 6, and about half of the MGS game thats up right now, yall seem like fun people. Was disappointed that Team Tanner didn't pull off the victory in ONUW 6.

It is my dream that Tanner wins a ONUW one of these days. 6 was the closest we've ever gotten. One day....

Ourobolus

Banned

Shoot it my way.

I hate you. I secretly wanted you , specifically, to lose, :p

Good man! Now read the rest to get an idea of the shenanigans that will be happening!

Palmer_v1

Shoot it my way.

I hate you. I secretly wanted you , specifically, to lose, :p

Good man! Now read the rest to get an idea of the shenanigans that will be happening!

N1, Archerville

YNNNY: Block: Enker
Ouro: Block: Mike_Hawk. Acknowledged.
YNNNY: What? No, I said Enker
Ouro: Got it, Modkill: YNNNY
YNNNY: ...
YNNNY: Block: Mike_Hawk?

Did he read the front half or back half of MGS, cause it's two entirely different games?

I really need to read that SW game when I have time for it...

Swamped

Banned
Though I must admit I'm really eager to start playing. The start date seems so far away. :<

Right? The last couple of weeks always feel like the longest lol. And receiving your role PM feels like opening a present on Christmas?

Aw <3. I actually really want to play MattyG's setup again, i feel like there was so much potential there,
especially with the two armorers and thief.
(spoilered in case Flush reads the game)

I really need to read that SW game when I have time for it...

You will learn more about my origin story!

Burbeting

Banned
Gafia awards extra:

Is Droplet so Anime?
a) So anime
b) Sooooo anime

I'm sorry. We played some jackbox, and stuff like this happened. Don't NK me in season 4, Droplet ;__;

N1, Archerville

YNNNY: Block: Enker
Ouro: Block: Mike_Hawk. Acknowledged.
YNNNY: What? No, I said Enker
Ouro: Got it, Modkill: YNNNY
YNNNY: ...
YNNNY: Block: Mike_Hawk?

Did he read the front half or back half of MGS, cause it's two entirely different games?

accurate

:>

Getting lynched D1 in a 28-player game will suck.

It is my dream that Tanner wins a ONUW one of these days. 6 was the closest we've ever gotten. One day....

I thought it was close because the rules implied that the wolves would win alongside the Tanner team? I don't remember seeing the vote list, but one of the wolves voted Tanner.

I'm mostly only teasing him because it's Flux. >.>

Though I must admit I'm really eager to start playing. The start date seems so far away. :<

I'd like to say we can launch it faster too Sophia! But it's quite a thing to make sure 72 people are coordinated and ready to go at once...

So far we have 53 confirmed players :) which is nice ! But that means 19 people haven't confirmed... too. I'm hoping we wouldn't see any drop out from the starting line, but that's quite unlikely.

Anyway, I'll keep this thread up to date with how things are going of course ^____^

Sorian

Banned
I thought it was close because the rules implied that the wolves would win alongside the Tanner team? I don't remember seeing the vote list, but one of the wolves voted Tanner.

The wolves role PM was unclear but the OP specifically stated that the wolves lost if the tanner was voted out. I did fix the role PM this time around to make that more clear but that gambit was 100% orchestrated by a Tanner Wife and all of the information needed was in the rules.

;___; b-b-but why

Why not!

love you yeeny

squidyj

In case anyone is interested in watching me get completely outclassed by better looking and more skilled mafia players than myself live on video, I'm going to be playing mafia on twitch on friday night (could you think of something better to do with a friday night than watch someone else play mafia? you can't, don't be preposterous).

As it stands they're looking to run 2 games, an early game at 6pm EST and a late game at 9:30-10 EST and both will be broadcast on http://www.twitch.tv/spectrumdominus

The rules that we use are also different from the kind of rules you're used to experiencing on GAF, in Town of Salem, and maybe on other forums as well if you've played there.

It's usually a very simple setup with few roles, mafia are generally vanilla and we might only have a cop and a doctor, or a vigilante or a hypnotist of some sort. The roles present are known at the start of the game but when players die no information is revealed. Thus forcing players to rely on their reads and their understanding of the game to proceed towards victory. Mafia is also not allowed to communicate through mafia chat. They can only communicate their targets at night (yes or no to targets until they reach a consensus). Additionally in larger games mafia generally has the ability to kill more than one person in one night, we call it "2 kp until 2" which means as long as there are more than 2 mafia in the game they have 2 "kill power" and can kill 2 players in the night, with the potential to target a single player twice allowing them to override a doctor save.

As a few technical notes we use the zoom video conferencing software to run games, this requires one player to have a Zoom Pro subscription in order to host the games (the free zoom that everyone else has can only host a room for 40 minutes). We also use IRC to moderate the game, each power role and the mafia group gets a special IRC channel they can use to discretely communicate their actions to the mod.

So if you're interested in seeing people play mafia over video, if you're interested in seeing this kind of ruleset, or if you're interested in watching me make a fool of myself and basically do nothing, then check it out.

Sorian

Banned
So, which one is it Sorian?

A man is allowed to have multiple dreams!

In case anyone is interested in watching me get completely outclassed by better looking and more skilled mafia players than myself live on video, I'm going to be playing mafia on twitch on friday night (could you think of something better to do with a friday night than watch someone else play mafia? you can't, don't be preposterous).

As it stands they're looking to run 2 games, an early game at 6pm EST and a late game at 9:30-10 EST and both will be broadcast on http://www.twitch.tv/spectrumdominus

The rules that we use are also different from the kind of rules you're used to experiencing on GAF, in Town of Salem, and maybe on other forums as well if you've played there.

It's usually a very simple setup with few roles, mafia are generally vanilla and we might only have a cop and a doctor, or a vigilante or a hypnotist of some sort. The roles present are known at the start of the game but when players die no information is revealed. Thus forcing players to rely on their reads and their understanding of the game to proceed towards victory. Mafia is also not allowed to communicate through mafia chat. They can only communicate their targets at night (yes or no to targets until they reach a consensus). Additionally in larger games mafia generally has the ability to kill more than one person in one night, we call it "2 kp until 2" which means as long as there are more than 2 mafia in the game they have 2 "kill power" and can kill 2 players in the night, with the potential to target a single player twice allowing them to override a doctor save.

As a few technical notes we use the zoom video conferencing software to run games, this requires one player to have a Zoom Pro subscription in order to host the games (the free zoom that everyone else has can only host a room for 40 minutes). We also use IRC to moderate the game, each power role and the mafia group gets a special IRC channel they can use to discretely communicate their actions to the mod.

So if you're interested in seeing people play mafia over video, if you're interested in seeing this kind of ruleset, or if you're interested in watching me make a fool of myself and basically do nothing, then check it out.

Can you remind me of this again on Friday? I'm so in to watch that later game (I'll still be at work for the earlier one).

u had me at hello squider *_____*

Ourobolus

Banned

I'm all for this. Anything to make squidy's head smaller.

Top Bottom