• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mafia/Werewolf Recruitment Thread | Go on the Internet and Tell Lies.

cabot

If it's not being a drunk, it's being a dense cheese.

capital AIDS of the highest order

that description will totes be my GAFia status

RetroMG

Cross-posting from Night Vale for context:

So, the other night, I ran a game of mafia for my in-laws. However, because my sweet six-year old niece was playing, my sister-in-law asked me to forgo the death and destruction. So instead of "Grandpa got hit by a bus," it was "Grandpa got locked in the tool shed and missed dinner."
But as we played, people began to argue less about, "Who has a good reason to get Grandpa out of the game?" and more about "who knows where the keys to the tool shed are?" And thus, Grandma got lynched.
When my brother-in-law pointed this out much later, I said, "That's what we call, 'Reading too much into the Flavor."

So, a follow-up, my darling niece went to her therapy appointment today, (because she is afraid of everything under the sun, which is why I was asked to make it a non-lethal game,) and told her therapist all about this game that she played where she got to kill her family members.
She apparently walked the therapist through each game, who was the mafia, who was the doctor, and in what order the players died. She also asked my sister-in-law why no one ever wanted to lynch her.

My sister-in-law says we get to foot the bill for this session.

Terrabyte20xx

Junior Wrestlemania XXX Champion

So, a follow-up, my darling niece went to her therapy appointment today, (because she is afraid of everything under the sun, which is why I was asked to make it a non-lethal game,) and told her therapist all about this game that she played where she got to kill her family members.
She apparently walked the therapist through each game, who was the mafia, who was the doctor, and in what order the players died. She also asked my sister-in-law why no one ever wanted to lynch her.

Heh, reminds me of the first mafia game I ran, night one cop finds scum, town imidiately proceeded to Lynch said cop.

So how did she know it was about killing if the flavor didn't allow for it?

SalvaPot

We need to make a theme about your family.

RetroMG

Heh, reminds me of the first mafia game I ran, night one cop finds scum, town imidiately proceeded to Lynch said cop.

So how did she know it was about killing if the flavor didn't allow for it?

I kept slipping and saying "so and so has been killed." My sister-in-law kept correcting me.

Terrabyte20xx

Junior Wrestlemania XXX Champion
Lol, smooth.

On a different note, I've been thinking about an experimental ONUW game that I want to run. Would anyone be interested?

RetroMG

Does your sister-in-law works for 4kids?

The funniest thing is that my niece was all in from the beginning. She suggested at one point that her daddy get locked in a cage with a tiger when he got NK'd. But my SiL was very concerned that she was going to end up having nightmares all night.

Swamped

Banned
I kept slipping and saying "so and so has been killed." My sister-in-law kept correcting me.

Wait, this was a real story?! I thought it was the Cecil-you!

Then again, Cecil isn't married (well, I'm not caught up with the past 10 episodes or so...)

RetroMG

Wait, this was a real story?! I thought it was the Cecil-you!

Then again, Cecil isn't married (well, I'm not caught up with the past 10 episodes or so...)

Hahaha, no, THAT was entirely me. (In a post about how everything is Cecil. I see the confusion.)

I mentioned this on Outer Gafia last week, but my wife, (who has never played mafia in any form,) is part of a local group that mentors teenage girls. So the other night, they got together and played Mafia. Since my wife knows about Gafia and how much I love the game, she invited me to sit in. They had about twelve players, three scum, a doctor and an alignment cop.

(Funny story, the doctor managed to save someone, and she got so excited that she turned to the girl next to her and said, "I did it! I saved her!" The girl she was speaking to was one of the mafia. She died the next night.)

So afterwards, my wife got so jazzed about the game that she wanted to play it Sunday night with her family, which is where my niece got into it.

roytheone

Hahaha, no, THAT was entirely me. (In a post about how everything is Cecil. I see the confusion.)

I mentioned this on Outer Gafia last week, but my wife, (who has never played mafia in any form,) is part of a local group that mentors teenage girls. So the other night, they got together and played Mafia. Since my wife knows about Gafia and how much I love the game, she invited me to sit in. They had about twelve players, three scum, a doctor and an alignment cop.

(Funny story, the doctor managed to save someone, and she got so excited that she turned to the girl next to her and said, "I did it! I saved her!" The girl she was speaking to was one of the mafia. She died the next night.)

So afterwards, my wife got so jazzed about the game that she wanted to play it Sunday night with her family, which is where my niece got into it.

I hope you did your duty, took her aside and screamed in her face: LEARN TO PLAY YOUR FUCKING ROLE YOU USELESS CHUCKLEFUCK! ;)

Sorian

Banned
So everyone votes for themselves?

Voting for yourself will be disabled in this game. Have fun!

1 tanner, 6 tanner wives, 5 troublemakers.

12 splinters and all of them are troublemakers.

I hope you did your duty, took her aside and screamed in her face: LEARN TO PLAY YOUR FUCKING ROLE YOU USELESS CHUCKLEFUCK! ;)

If you send her name and address to Crab, he will be happy to re-educate her.

FluxWaveZ

I'm not sure if you are asking about how the game work in general, or how it works on a forum. If the former, and if you want a video rundown of how ONUW works, I also recommend watching this.

Thanks. I was asking how the game worked in general, and visiting the ONUW 8 thread and watching that video caught me up to speed. It's interesting and fast; I'd be up for participating in a next one.

That video was fun, too.

Palmer_v1

...what the fuck have I got myself into

tumblr_ndwszmYsel1tsg5k1o5_500.gif

Sorian

Banned
During that Seer madness game, was there ever a moment where you thought that I had actually lied about the roles in the game and had put in multiple seers?

roytheone

During that Seer madness game, was there ever a moment where you thought that I had actually lied about the roles in the game and had put in multiple seers?

I thought you pulled a sick joke and I was the only not seer in the game. The truth was so much worse..... :(

RetroMG

Well, I did it nicely...ish.

(I may have openly laughed at her after the game. It's okay though, because she was laughing at herself.)

Sorian

Banned
I thought you pulled a sick joke and I was the only not seer in the game. The truth was so much worse..... :(

I should run a bastard ONUW once. Lie about the roles, send out multiples of the same role, choose someone randomly and just /shrug when they send me their move and ignore it. It would be a fun time (for me).

Coppanuva

I should run a bastard ONUW once. Lie about the roles, send out multiples of the same role, choose someone randomly and just /shrug when they send me their move and ignore it. It would be a fun time (for me).

...I would play that. Or make the SaltyBet payouts really high and I'd spectate that shit.

Kawl_USC

I think a game with no wolf or tanner roles would be funny to see play out. Since the town could still technically win. As long as splinter wasn't in the game.

Sorian

Banned
I think a game with no wolf or tanner roles would be funny to see play out. Since the town could still technically win. As long as splinter wasn't in the game.

Palmer asks to see the spreadsheet every single time we host a ONUW. I know he is secretly waiting for all of the wolf cards to be in the center because he wants to watch the village implode on itself.

Edit: And it almost happened once! I think the first ONUW I hosted started with the Alpha in the center, only the mystic was out. If I remember right.

Edit 2: Reverse that Alpha was out, mystic was in the middle, I was also a dick and there were 2 vanilla werewolf cards. One of those was mid as well at position 3.

Top Bottom