• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mafia/Werewolf Recruitment Thread | Go on the Internet and Tell Lies.

Sorian

Banned
Balance Shmalance! That's sounds like a ton of fun to play, especially if you don't tell everyone first!

I have so many ideas baking in my head for both a main season regular type of mafia game and for mid season more experimental things. I really want to sit down one weekend and really get some stuff drawn up on paper. Maybe the 4 day weekend for Thanksgiving will be a good time.

Palmer_v1

One day I'll make a game where every single player has a different win condition. Just because. It would be a bitch to balance though.

There's a game we play sometimes called Shadow Hunters that has hidden roles/teams, combined with special abilities, and a board with locations that grant you abilities. Overall, it's Hunters vs Shadows, but the neutrals have a wide array of funny win conditions.

One of them, for example, if they haven't revealed their card, wins with the person to their right. If they are forced to reveal, they win with the person to their left. Another one needs to steal a specific set of divine artifacts. There's a tanner that wants to die first. A big game hunter that wants to kill a player with 12+ health(on a scale that goes from 7hp at the lowest, to 14 at highest).

You attack players in the same location as you by rolling a D4 and a D6, with the damage being the difference. So 0-5 damage, but I think 2 is the average.

Early game is usually jockeying for the better items, and investigating to find out who your team is. Middle game is starting to attack anyone you KNOW is not on your team. End game is usually a few people dead, almost everyone is revealed, and everyone is a single good roll from death.

It's fun, and I wish we could play it in a forum setting, but it has way too many decisions that have to be made on the fly based on what you've rolled for movement, etc.

Karkador

Banned
I think Lifeboat is a better "individual win conditions" type of hidden role game. Shadow Hunters is just too wacky and chaotic (and I agree on it being too many game things to run)

Palmer_v1

I think Lifeboat is a better "individual win conditions" type of hidden role game. Shadow Hunters is just too wacky and chaotic (and I agree on it being too many game things to run)

Shadow Hunters is what we play when we want hidden role, but we have some of the low attention span players involved.

What's Lifeboat? I'm not familiar with it.

So... if you need a sub in Nightvale or Werewolf i am available...

i guess it is possible to get expelled from Hogwarts
joking its already been a ton of fun Nin and Salva!
. Restricted spells and out of bounds areas and all that.

Mods know what happened and maybe I can discuss it in the HP spectator thread.

Sorian

Banned

Not asking for details obviously, just wanted to womp womp.

Also quoting so that YNNNY makes sure to see this post so she can update accordingly.

Karkador

Banned
Lifeboat has a few things going on that make it more than just chatting and accusing, but the group dynamic is interesting.

You get a public role, but also two hidden cards - one with the character you love, and one with the character you hate. You want your loved one to survive the game, and you want the one you hate to be dead. At the end of the game, everybody scores based on these two imperatives.

Since it's a random deal, some very interesting networks of relationships and hidden motivations between people gets created in every game. People who love you aren't necessarily interested in you winning (it's not a team game), but they'll stand up for you to protect you. You might hate the person who loves you. You might hate someone who hates the person who hates you. You might love and/or hate yourself!

Palmer_v1

Lifeboat has a few things going on that make it more than just chatting and accusing, but the group dynamic is interesting.

You get a public role, but also two hidden cards - one with the character you love, and one with the character you hate. You want your loved one to survive the game, and you want the one you hate to be dead. At the end of the game, everybody scores based on these two imperatives.

Since it's a random deal, some very interesting networks of relationships and hidden motivations between people gets created in every game. People who love you aren't necessarily interested in you winning (it's not a team game), but they'll stand up for you to protect you. You might hate the person who loves you. You might hate someone who hates the person who hates you. You might love and/or hate yourself!

Sounds interesting. I'll probably pick it up.

roytheone

Sad to see that you have to leave the HP game Zipped :( I don't know what happened, but hopefully it is nothing serious.

SalvaPot

Is this about the pm you send me? I already told you, there is nothing to worry about. But if you still feel like getting replaced I won´t stop you. Send me a pm if you want to be replaced, otherwise keep on playing.

Does a Lost-themed mafia end
with everyone dead? No one wins?

(Spoilers if you haven't seen Lost, though I think the statute of limitations should have expired by now.)

SalvaPot

Ok, it seems nin already contacted Miracle to replace zip, that is ok with me. Zip will join the sub list in that case, sorry zip.

I know what u did last summer

I'll put you as lustiest bottom now, zippy!

❤

Gorlak

Banned
Nooooo! One of the best avatars will not be in the HP game anymore? Miracle you better come up with something in the league of Kreacher awesomeness!

and a big YES to all the Lost fanboys here! As you said: We have to go back! Gimme dem feels again *-*

Nooooo! One of the best avatars will not be in the HP game anymore? Miracle you better come up with something in the league of Kreacher awesomeness!

and a big YES to all the Lost fanboys here! As you said: We have to go back! Gimme dem feels again *-*

Until I'm in a new game I'll keep Kreacher, worked to hard to get his size right and zoomed in to change now...

cabot

desmond with a win condition to find penny, two neutrals. neutral lost partner

love conquers all

loveboat

.....bring back Burb's loveboat

Ourobolus

Banned
desmond with a win condition to find penny, two neutrals. neutral lost partner

love conquers all

loveboat

.....bring back Burb's loveboat

Michael has to protect Walt. Can you imagine Blarg the entire game:

"THEY TOOK MAH BOOOOOOOYYYYYY WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLT!"

I have to say in my completely unbiased opinion that this would be an awesome idea for mafia.
LOL, I like it.

Sun and Jin are Lovers who never get to see each other.

Hurley is a Bus Driver.

Wouldn't that be Rose and Bernard?

The Rousseau's could be interest as neutrals too.

Then we could have people be removed randomly lol,
after all nitroglycerin is extremely temperamental

Serial killer smoke monster?

Nikki and Paolo roles that have to try and lynch each other?

Palmer_v1

Nikki and Paolo are Jesters. Put in mostly for the their creators amusement, nobody else likes them, and they should never be attempted again.

Ourobolus

Banned
I have to say in my completely unbiased opinion that this would be an awesome idea for mafia.

Wouldn't that be Rose and Bernard?

I think the sheer amount of time Jin and Sun are apart due to time travel is longer than Rose and Bernard.

As for Nikki and Paolo - double Jesters! They only win if both are killed.

Also Mikhail - can only post without using the letter "i"

Ourobolus

Banned
And of course, Miles the Medium.

I get to be Jacob - good-looking, all-powerful guy that gets stabbed by Sorian near the end of the game.

Speaking of which, Ben is an 8-shot bulletproof. If he gets killed, everyone else remaining wins.

Lol I was thinking that Nikki and Paolo could be jesters at first.

Claire could leave on day 2 before coming back on day 6 or some thing.

The rest of the boat people would be cool too.

Sorian

Banned
And of course, Miles the Medium.

I get to be Jacob - good-looking, all-powerful guy that gets stabbed by Sorian near the end of the game.

Speaking of which, Ben is an 8-shot bulletproof. If he gets killed, everyone else remaining wins.

I could always use 8-shot BP in my life. Stabbing Ouro seems like a bit much for me though, I don't like getting my hands dirty :(

RetroMG

I blame Retro for what he has done to us.

barbossa1.jpg
The timers are more like guidelines than actual rules.

Gorlak

Banned
How about people can only pm their night actions until 1 hour before the countdown is finished? That should be enough time for the mods to organise everything?

Top Bottom