• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mafia/Werewolf Recruitment Thread | Go on the Internet and Tell Lies.

*Splinter

the only thing i can say is that i have seen photographic evidence and it... it's terrifying

squiders! yay! <3

current heist roster:

01. [f] Droplet
02. [-] redhood56
03. [m] Ourobolus
04. [m] *Splinter
05. [m] Mazre
06. [m] CornBurrito
07. [m] squidyj
08. [m] cabot
09. [m] Karu
10. [m] Royal_Flush
11. [m] Ty4on
12. [m] Burbeting
13. [m] CrimsonFist
14. [m] Kawl_USC
15. so.... we're going to have tryouts. make it fast.
joker-batman-pool-cue-tryouts.gif

actually it's whoever will be freed first from the clutches of his/her present game

01. [f] Sawneeks - Still playing
02. [m] CzarTim - Still playing
03. [m] FluxWaveZ - Still playing
Turbo yourself Tim. Everyone's doing it

RetroMG

I have no idea what this means, I don't know if I should know what it means or if it is secrets.

Inside joke from the Mod Chat Room. I posted a picture from my trip, and Palmer saw I had pins from Disneyland, and decried me for collecting flair.

People be talking about Bayonetta, Star Wars, and Kojima, meanwhile I'm just over here happy that I can ship Jontron and Egorapter in my fanfictions again.

Not that I shipped Ego and Jon, (have you been reading my fanfiction!?) but that was a nice thing they did there. And it can finally put an end to people speculating about what happened between them.

Inside joke from the Mod Chat Room. I posted a picture from my trip, and Palmer saw I had pins from Disneyland, and decried me for collecting flair.

Will Disneyland After Dark involve trading pins?

Do you actually collect the pins or did you just pick some up while you were there?

RetroMG

Will Disneyland After Dark involve trading pins?

lol no.
At this point, I'm putting Disneyland on the back burner. It's a little more ambitious than I'm ready to run with right now, and I know Yeeny's also working on a potential Disney game.

Do you actually collect the pins or did you just pick some up while you were there?

The pins are more my wife and her family's thing.
For those who don't understand what this is, Disneyland has this thing where you can buy pins showing characters or attractions, but you can trade them with various Disney Employees or other guests if they have ones that you want. We used to buy one or two on every trip as a souvenir, but they are CRAZY expensive in the parks.

These days, my wife and her sister buy these bulk packs of 20-30 for cheap off of ebay every so often, sort out any of the ones they like, and then take the rest into the park. It becomes a game to trade the crappy pins they don't like for pins that they actually do. (It is not a hard game, as Disney employees are not allowed to refuse a trade, but it comes down to finding people who have pins they want.)

Honestly, I rarely see anything super cool, but I throw a few pins on my lanyard just in case. This last trip they had a bunch of cool Star Wars pins, so I got a bunch of those. I also got a reindeer pin for my youngest niece (4 years old,) who couldn't go on the trip.

But yeah, it's mostly a fun minigame inside the parks that my wife, her sister, and my nieces really get into.

roytheone

lol no.
At this point, I'm putting Disneyland on the back burner. It's a little more ambitious than I'm ready to run with right now, and I know Yeeny's also working on a potential Disney game.

The pins are more my wife and her family's thing.
For those who don't understand what this is, Disneyland has this thing where you can buy pins showing characters or attractions, but you can trade them with various Disney Employees or other guests if they have ones that you want. We used to buy one or two on every trip as a souvenir, but they are CRAZY expensive in the parks.

These days, my wife and her sister buy these bulk packs of 20-30 for cheap off of ebay every so often, sort out any of the ones they like, and then take the rest into the park. It becomes a game to trade the crappy pins they don't like for pins that they actually do. (It is not a hard game, as Disney employees are not allowed to refuse a trade, but it comes down to finding people who have pins they want.)

Honestly, I rarely see anything super cool, but I throw a few pins on my lanyard just in case. This last trip they had a bunch of cool Star Wars pins which I got, so I got a bunch of those. I also got a reindeer pin for my youngest niece (4 years old,) who couldn't go on the trip.

But yeah, it's mostly a fun minigame inside the parks that my wife, her sister, and my nieces really get into.

Those poor, poor employees.

RetroMG

Oh you have no idea. My Sister-in-law is insane about this whole thing. It's like she has Pin Radar, and she will chase them.

But a lot of the stores will have a little board with pins stuck into it, so those people just have to make sure that no one's stealing too many pins.

Thought about trying to find pins that reminded me of Gafia members, but when I got to Sorian, none of them spoke to me.
or posted too much on message boards ;)

lol no.

That's too bad about the game.

So Yeeny Disney pins, yes or no? It could literally just be heist with pins instead of money

It's also spreading to other places. Universal Studios Orlando has them too, and Penny Arcade started doing it at PAX as well. Sometimes the only way to get certain pins is from employees, and people at Disney World take that shit seriously.

I fear the day that employees start carrying cards for the sorcerers of the magic kingdom card game.

redhood56

Banned
Now that Heist got all of it's players I am excited to finally play again. Shall we see some bold predictions? Or will I get bopped to early to make any. Probably the latter.

RetroMG

Those character sprites though....

First off, it's entirely possible that I have nostalgia.

I don't think the sprites are AS BAD as everyone says. The blurring is a little weird, but I think it's okay. Overall, the graphics are improved from the SNES games, the interface isn't as awful as I thought it would be, and I love having an auto-battle option for grinding.

squidyj

the only disney fiction i want to see is one where all the disney characters are hideous monstrosities tempting children down dark paths, including rampant abject consumerism among other things. buying disney merch will make you whole kids!

I imagine a climactic fight scene against a young woman who was forcefed disneys dark offal, transforming her into an almost lovecraftian horror scored against Kiss the Girl

2edgy4u

roytheone

Can't we get along Roy? I know owls and ferrets are natural enemies, but that doesn't mean we have to put each other down.

Besides look at this avatar

image.php

Look at how bold his predictions are. He has to show just how bold they can be by flexing.

That's fine, thanks.

I don't like to become friends with my food,it will make it a bit awkward when I decide to eat you.

Droplet

the only disney fiction i want to see is one where all the disney characters are hideous monstrosities tempting children down dark paths, including rampant abject consumerism among other things. buying disney merch will make you whole kids!

I imagine a climactic fight scene against a young woman who was forcefed disneys dark offal, transforming her into an almost lovecraftian horror scored against Kiss the Girl

2edgy4u

Banksy is that you?

2edgy4u

I was on board with this and then I read the second paragraph. Now I need it. Lovecraftian horror was the hook.

Why Kiss the Girl and not When You Wish Upon a Star, since it's kinda Disney's theme?

I don't like to become friends with my food,it will make it a bit awkward when I decide to eat you.

Are you a vorarephilliac?

squidyj

Banksy is that you?

If I was would I tell you?

I was on board with this and then I read the second paragraph. Now I need it. Lovecraftian horror was the hook.

Why Kiss the Girl and not When You Wish Upon a Star, since it's kinda Disney's theme?

Are you a vorarephilliac?

because the fight is designed to evoke a sense of dance and courtship. In the fiction in my head she was seduced by ideas of disney princesses and romances therein and so there comes this 'prince' in a play on theose sorts of disney stories, to end the the monstrous thing that she's become.

That's too bad about the game.

So Yeeny Disney pins, yes or no? It could literally just be heist with pins instead of money

My Disney game is Disney Princess Mafia. No pins, sorry!

Do you ever want to be a Disney Princess? :D

Heist is ready to go! I shall prep the board soon. You all should receive your role PMs in 12 hours time. CHOO CHOO~

Not that I shipped Ego and Jon, (have you been reading my fanfiction!?) but that was a nice thing they did there. And it can finally put an end to people speculating about what happened between them.

I don't care about the people spreading the fud(I doubt this will stop them anyway). I'm just glad they've moved past this because they seemed like genuinely good friends before this. Always sucks when petty bullshit and stubbornness ruins nice things.

If I was would I tell you?

because the fight is designed to evoke a sense of dance and courtship. In the fiction in my head she was seduced by ideas of disney princesses and romances therein and so there comes this 'prince' in a play on theose sorts of disney stories, to end the the monstrous thing that she's become.

If you decide to make an indi film, animated short, or video game based off of this idea and set up a crowd funding thing, send me a link because I will give you all of my money.

My Disney game is Disney Princess Mafia. No pins, sorry!

Do you ever want to be a Disney Princess? :D

No thanks, my mom was pretty upset about never having a daughter so I've had enough pretending to be a Disney Princess against my will.

Top Bottom