• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MAG |OT| 256-Player Battles, Lots of Teamwork, Not So Much Auto-Aim

My first two experiences with MAG tonight were pretty bad lol

first game absolutely no one had a mic.

second game three guys had one mic and they basically just stuck to themselves.

other than that, zero lag for me here. I gotta get used to this bluetooth headset too lol

btw Click I sent you a request for MAG

G_Berry

Banned
Can we get some pics of some of the new maps posted please?

The severe lack of jpeg action is disappointing to say the least.

Kak.efes

I can't count the number of times the opposition has been pushed back to the outskirts of their spawn area on the Sver sabatoge map. It makes for an uninteresting time.

I'll take the wins though.

legbone

Two quick questions, sorry if they have been answered before. Just picked this up tonight and i'm leveling up my medic skills. anyway, i just got the first one. i can't seem to get it to heal other people. i aim at dudes and hit r1 and it just heals myself. is there something else i have to do (maybe in loadout or something?). also, does the first aid cross next to a players name over their head mean they need some health or does that mean they are a medic? i wish this game's manual actually explained some of this! other than that, i am really loving this game. great title. shit loads of fun.

elohel

legbone said:
Two quick questions, sorry if they have been answered before. Just picked this up tonight and i'm leveling up my medic skills. anyway, i just got the first one. i can't seem to get it to heal other people. i aim at dudes and hit r1 and it just heals myself. is there something else i have to do (maybe in loadout or something?). also, does the first aid cross next to a players name over their head mean they need some health or does that mean they are a medic? i wish this game's manual actually explained some of this! other than that, i am really loving this game. great title. shit loads of fun.

gotta edit your loadout stuff

so that its actually equipped n stuff

Wes

venison crêpe
You need to have the resuscitation skill and also the appropriate medical item in your loadout (the one that costs 1000c and looks larger - I forget the name).

If you're alive the cross means they're dead. If you're dead the cross means they're a medic. (at least that's how I remember it. I might be wrong)

legbone

thanks a lot guys! well back to it. no one would answer the questions in the game i was playing. i may need to sign up for the gaf clans. seems like lots of people are not communicating in this game and then complaining because they are getting killed. don't run into battle by yourself. novel idea, huh? anyway, thanks again guys.

TheFallen

dorkimoe said:
i blame flintstone and whoever else it was who couldnt respawn and got stuck in the bunker haha
It was so odd that F1nest0ne Flintstone and I were stuck in that bunker together for like 15 mins. I SWEAR nothing was going on in there. That was definitely a strange bug.

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
went to get it at lunch, local stores all sold out!

Quite surprised, i suspect given a lack of advertising that the stores got limited volume.

oneHeero

TheFallen said:
It was so odd that F1nest0ne Flintstone and I were stuck in that bunker together for like 15 mins. I SWEAR nothing was going on in there. That was definitely a strange bug.
Yea that sucked. I just stared at our busted up bunker for like 10mins.

W1SSY

I picked this game up today after trading some older games in and so far I have been pretty impressed with the lack of lag. Time just flew by when I got in the games and I love the queue allowing you to adjust armory and skills until you find a game.

On another note I also think at one point I ran into a couple of you GAF guys. I know for sure at one point I saw someone named Corran with a GAF clan tag.

DCharlie said:
went to get it at lunch, local stores all sold out!

Quite surprised, i suspect given a lack of advertising that the stores got limited volume.
When I went and picked up my copy, the lady at the counter told me she was running out of bags because so many people went that day to pick up MAG. I was shocked when she told me that, because I didn't think that many people were interested in it. I'm glad to see my thoughts were wrong.

Corran Horn said:
Started doing some pictures...but its hard to take photos with printscreen and fight at same time :lol
http://askcorran.com/MAG/
*dont mind the black bars on top and bottom*

uhm no offence, but are you playing the game in upscaled SD or something? MAG looks (well, in the beta) very sharp but these screens are kinda blurry/soft.
But thanks for sharing.

(see Zipper? bring back XMB screenshots :p )

Shopto shipped my CE of MAG yesterday as well. Though I'm from continental Europe so it will take some more time to arrive :(

Hmmm anyone order from zavvi, mines not even shipped yet according to my account alough they do seem very slow at updateing that. Fingers crossed its in the mail i dont wanna have to go to town and get another copy.:lol

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
SolidusDave said:
uhm no offence, but are you playing the game in upscaled SD or something? MAG looks (well, in the beta) very sharp but these screens are kinda blurry/soft.
But thanks for sharing.

(see Zipper? bring back XMB screenshots :p )

Shopto shipped my CE of MAG yesterday as well. Though I'm from continental Europe so it will take some more time to arrive :(
Nah my capture device doesnt do pictures. Was testing out print-screen method from stream

21e5c8a7-s.jpg

renzengeki

Neo Member
lastinline said:
When I went and picked up my copy, the lady at the counter told me she was running out of bags because so many people went that day to pick up MAG. I was shocked when she told me that, because I didn't think that many people were interested in it. I'm glad to see my thoughts were wrong.

yeah same here in philippines. most shops are out of stock. :D at least i got my copy and i cant wait to get home and play (and get pwned) :lol

Palmer_v1

I hit level 30 tonight with about 12 hours "played". This game is crazy fun.

For anyone interested, I went Med Kit > Revive > all the useful MG talents and PSK MG > sprint stuff > Anti-personnel mines > anti-vehicle mines > Poison Gas Grenade > Acoustic Locator.

I can't figure out what exactly the acoustic locator is doing for me when I have it equipped. Also, I put points into that health increase, but it was only 20 health which doesn't seem worth the 5 points it takes. I ended up respeccing because of it.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
templeusox said:
From what I understand, MAG is doing surprisingly well in Japan.

Yeah I get the same feeling here..it also helps the Japanese version is only 4000ish yen..much cheaper than getting the US version. I still like getting the US version of my games, but if I can't find it this weekend I'll just grab the Japanese one.

legbone

i got the last copy at my local gamestop tonight. the manager is a friend of mine and he said they are flying off the shelves everywhere. this game almost flew under my radar. glad i watched that giantbomb video. pretty much sold me on the game. i am really loving this game, especially playing as the support class. so much fun backing up your squad. and sometimes i even get a few kills myself!

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Just played some more with sir click, loving the game even more. I'm loving this game in a way I just couldn't love MW2. It's kinda nice not having the opposing team summon helicopters, gunships and nukes. Call me crazy. I wish the game had mw2 weapons tho ;)

Been doing mostly medic so far bc I do that in every game. The battles can get a little hectic when the shit hits the fan and you are at ground zero and there are nades going off every 3 feet. Love it.

Kyoufu

templeusox said:
From what I understand, MAG is doing surprisingly well in Japan.

I remember logging into Home for the first time ages ago and to my surprise, there were a bunch of Japanese people discussing a certain 128v128 game lol.

theBishop

Banned
I saw a GAFfer by the name of BagelBoard (raven) in Domination. Dude, if you're reading this, what the hell was going on with those strafing runs? It was as if there was no cooldown, over and over. I know the OIC has an instant refresh ability, but then that has a cooldown, right? Seemed like a glitch to me.

Cagen

theBishop said:
I saw a GAFfer by the name of BagelBoard (raven) in Domination. Dude, if you're reading this, what the hell was going on with those strafing runs? It was as if there was no cooldown, over and over. I know the OIC has an instant refresh ability, but then that has a cooldown, right? Seemed like a glitch to me.
Bagelbeard? That's Das-J, the zipper employee. Pretty sure he won't have been using any glitches.

Speaking of glitches I got revived at objective F on one of the domination matches and glitches inside the objective, couldn't get out but I could shoot out, didn't seem like the opposition could shoot in either. After running out of ammo in both my rifle and hand gun I finally died to grenades.

theBishop

Banned
Cagen said:
Bagelbeard? That's Das-J, the zipper employee. Pretty sure he won't have been using any glitches.

Speaking of glitches I got revived at objective F on one of the domination matches and glitches inside the objective, couldn't get out but I could shoot out, didn't seem like the opposition could shoot in either. After running out of ammo in both my rifle and hand gun I finally died to grenades.

It wasn't him using it. He was on Raven, but in a different squad. I think it was SVER that was bombarding us with constant strafing attacks. I'm curious how it's possible, and why it's not drastically toned down.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
theBishop said:
It wasn't him using it. He was on Raven, but in a different squad. I think it was SVER that was bombarding us with constant strafing attacks. I'm curious how it's possible, and why it's not drastically toned down.
We didnt have a OIC and they just rushed us until we couldnt defend shit :/

Cagen

theBishop said:
Ah ok, missunderstood.

4 more hours of work then I can play again. Itching to get back on.

Razardica

Neo Member
Pretty good night with NeoGAF SVER (I'm VinceScales). Me and Click and JohnnyRzeznik were tearing it up.

I will get a mic tomorrow.

J-Rzez

Lé Blade Runner said:
Hmm.. This could be a good counterpart for Modern Warfare 2. I just might get it and join you guys. :)

You may never go back. That's how it's been for me. The best thing is, it only gets better as time goes on and you get more into the strats and battles.

Good news to hear this game selling out. Deserves every penny.

Fucking awesome when you get someone else competent playing with you in command. Click and I rained hell on them.

Palmer_v1 said:

:lol

Too true.

Das-J

Law of the West
theBishop said:
what the hell was going on with those strafing runs? It was as if there was no cooldown, over and over.

While not having an OIC certainly contributed to that chaos, what we experienced in that match was a very effective command structure teaming up to dominate us.

The strategy they employed goes something like this:

1) OIC uses voice chat to let all his leaders know to use up their strikes
2) OIC waites ~3 minutes for the majority of strikes to be expended
3) OIC refreshes strikes and tells leaders to have at it
4) Opposing team gets pounded with strikes for minutes on end

If we had an OIC he could have countered this move by jamming their signals and slowing their respawn waves, but alas we did not and got shredded! :D

zugzug

So did anyone anywhere get a Raven Pre order code from reading any forums?

I'm not asking for one just kinda discussing if anyone were able to get them.

or does anyone in game reconize the differences from the pre-orders for any of the factions? Watching streams on Justin.tv I see so many running and gunning and dying faster than fast.

Top Bottom