• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MAG |OT| 256-Player Battles, Lots of Teamwork, Not So Much Auto-Aim

J-Rzez

Anerythristic said:
:lol Hey Guys, just to fill everybody in about ValorGAF

Um, I was supposed to set up the clan but actually had hemmorhaging (a mini stroke...technically) in my brain Sunday night. Lost all the feeling in the left side of my face for two hours :lol . This isn't an excuse either. I made a full recovery actually and just got out of the hospital luckily with no neurological issues.

I will try to be on tonight...I am not kidding.

I see those points put into improved healing worked wonders!

Seriously though, glad you're ok!

PuMa

Anerythristic said:
:lol Hey Guys, just to fill everybody in about ValorGAF

Um, I was supposed to set up the clan but actually had hemmorhaging (a mini stroke...technically) in my brain Sunday night. Lost all the feeling in the left side of my face for two hours :lol . This isn't an excuse either. I made a full recovery actually and just got out of the hospital luckily with no neurological issues.

I will try to be on tonight...I am not kidding.

Glad to hear youre OK. PMed you...

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Im sitting here in school just wanting to go back into MAG to get the gear I want :lol

Anyone have a good setup they liked in beta or retail for a guy with assault rifle gun

Lince

Banned
get well soon Anerythristic!

I had a car accident on Xmas 2008 and suffered from similar mini-strokes in my brain, once I got home from the hospital I started playing Resistance 2 coop and sometimes I was messing with the directions pushing left when I wanted to face right and stuff like that :lol

Das-J said:
These came in a little too late to make the disk but I think they do a fine job of detailing the different gametypes:

Suppression
Sabotage
Acquisition
Domination

Every little bit helps. Any chance these can be added to the in-game menus so that new players can watch them before taking the plunge?

If not, maybe something could be done for leaderless squads. The fact that there are only one of two objectives at any given time in Acquisition (get the vehicles, or return them to the evac point) leads to groups walking right into deathtraps, getting separated, and dying in frustrating ways. If there was a way to pick nearby objectives by default in lieu of a squad leader that'd be much better than what we've got now.

Kowak

Banned
gunther said:
Ok, I did my part for raven, jut bought the game, downloading updates :D.
Cant wait to serve my clan RAVEN.

make sure to send a psn message to one of the officers once you have played with raven.

Noshino

Sorry that I was out for long.

Anyway, got time for 1 game, and then back out :C

Oh, if anyone needs Raven invitation, pm through PSN at NoshinoRO

vivin

So, I'm thinking about picking this up after reading the very positive kotaku impressions, I like game's where you work as a team rather than run around like a mad man on crack.

Sad thing, game's releasing 11th Feb here in NZ :(

Is there a Gaf clan? or at least a side everyone is rolling?

Wes

venison crêpe
vivin said:
Is there a Gaf clan? or at least a side everyone is rolling?

If you check the online forum there is a thread [here] where you can see which of the PMCs people have signed up to. People have listed their timezones too which is handy.

I believe Raven and SVER have the most GAFers on, with Valor a little ways behind in numbers.

As for actual in game population last I heard Raven had the least (got this from the MAG forums, could be wrong). Maybe this is due to the fact it's storyline is that it's the European PMC and it hasn't come out in Europe just yet?

Das-J

Law of the West
Someone earlier asked about network port ranges...

All the ports below need to be open for outgoing connections:

80 Web
10020 TCP
10072 TCP
10073 UDP
10075 TCP
10078 TCP
10060 – 10061 TCP
10079 – 10090 TCP
50000 – 55000 UDP

elohel said:
at what point did zipper imply or say that this game would be single player focused? or even have one?

given that the main point of interest for this game is...the 256 players...i dont understand the reviews that dock it for it

especially when they have a training level, people compare it to warhawk and warhawk didnt have one(initially, it does now)

reviewers, psh lol

jk but srsly why fucking expect it when it was never mentioned?
It's just like how Bioshock got docked points for not having multiplayer.

Wow this game is pretty darn fun. Even with all the players involved, the game is not chaotic. The scale of the combat is crazy at times with so much gun fire and people shooting at each other, but the game is pretty clear on whats going on.

Only negative I could say of the game so far is that some of the visuals are kinda mediocre or lacking while overall the game does look good, some aspects aren't that pretty.... but it's a fun game.

Is it just me or does Raven seem to just be getting it's ass kicked everywhere? In player count and victories on the status of the war screen Raven is last in all of them.... SVER seems to be tops in both victories and player counts on all fronts from when I last looked.

Cagen

Good games tonight SVER GAF, even if we were the only squad to bother taking our objectives in Domination attack. The "Smash and Grab" acquisition game was awesome though :lol and the few games Click, Trev and I rocked earlier.

Violater

Cagen said:
Good games tonight SVER GAF, even if we were the only squad to bother taking our objectives in Domination attack. The "Smash and Grab" acquisition game was awesome though :lol and the few games Click, Trev and I rocked earlier.

Smash and grab baby, Valor doesn't stand a chance.

Wes

venison crêpe
BattleMonkey said:
Is it just me or does Raven seem to just be getting it's ass kicked everywhere? In player count and victories on the status of the war screen Raven is last in all of them.... SVER seems to be tops in both victories and player counts on all fronts from when I last looked.

RavenGAF and the rest of Raven aren't fully assembled yet. It's missing some components.
Europeans.

dorkimoe

i cant say this enough. if you want to fully enjoy the game. Join a gaf clan, and party up with them

the party system works amazing, and it makes the game probably 100x better. SO much good teamwork, and pretty funny when you are trying to go get the enemy vehicles

Wes

venison crêpe
dragonflys545 said:
God i just played with these whiners who's bitter about not being able to kill anyone, and how they rock in MW2... Ughhh.

"This is not MW2" would make for a good tagline.

renzengeki

Neo Member
just got the game yesterday. loving it so far. but my faction always loses... :lol i cant understand why? is it because of the map? guns? or the actual players that play...

btw im RAVEN.

im impressed w/ the graphics. sure its no killzone 2 but its really nice and i like how the guns handle. except for that very awkward transition between hip fire to aim (L1) everything else is great.

J-Rzez

dragonflys545 said:
God i just played with these whiners who's bitter about not being able to kill anyone, and how they rock in MW2... Ughhh.

Tell them to read this threads title. The answer is in there for them.

vivin

Wes said:
If you check the online forum there is a thread [here] where you can see which of the PMCs people have signed up to. People have listed their timezones too which is handy.

Ah, thanks. I'm still trying to find my way around this place :p

Interesting to see the teams pretty evenly split, going to make the decision that much harder. I'm leaning more towards Raven as I love backing the underdogs :D

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
Man I really want to pick this game up and join a GAF clan but living in Japan makes it a bit tough with the time zone difference. Decisions, decisions.

J-Rzez

renzengeki said:
just got the game yesterday. loving it so far. but my faction always loses... :lol i cant understand why? is it because of the map? guns? or the actual players that play...

btw im RAVEN.

There ya go! Seriously, Raven are terrible this time around so far.

Got into RavenGAF tonight and a few matches, had lots of fun guys. Had my stupid mic go missing on me which really sucked, but I brought my cell phone's downstairs and joined up with the GAF group. My god, this game is so much fun when you get a squad coordinating their efforts.

KZObsessed

Why is Veteran Mode useful? For one, it allows you to switch PMCs to help you earn the gold trophies for reaching Level 60 with each faction (it’s optional, though, and you can still activate Veteran Mode and stay with the same PMC if you want). Another benefit is that you’ll get a permanent 10% XP bonus with every match – ensuring that you’ll level up quicker on your way to your next level cap. Veterans can be identified on the player screen by the gold insignia under the rank on their player profile card – with a number representing how many times you’ve become a veteran.

That's excellent.

Click

Banned
By the way, SVER clan has too many people on right now (17), so if you don't get a party, try to start one.

Edit: We're making a chat room, so join it and pay attention to it. We'll notify people when spaces open up in the party.

Inanna

Not pure anymore!
templeusox said:
Wait until the Yuro's get involved. Wes, Foxgirl, and Delrizzla can carry a team.
And you are one of the Raven's finest player! Alas, I won't be able to join you guys until Friday evening. :( Sowwy.

patsu said:
Where are the Ravens ???!!!!!

Add me: patsu
Kowak must be sleeping since it's 3 am here. You should try PM'ing Noshino or Ian (Templeusox) or one of the officers from online topic.

Dellrizla

templeusox said:
Wait until the Yuro's get involved. Wes, Foxgirl, and Delrizzla can carry a team.

Heh, cheers man. But during the beta, it was all of Raven-GAF that was kicking arse. I remember when me and Ilanna were playing against randoms. Never did as well as when we were rolling with the awesomes who chose to play on hard difficulty too :p

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Click said:
By the way, SVER clan has too many people on right now (17), so if you don't get a party, try to start one.

Edit: We're making a chat room, so join it and pay attention to it. We'll notify people when spaces open up in the party.

thx for the invite (tigerheli). where's the chat room? svergaf for life!

so far the game is pretty good. It didn't take me long before I was mowing people down, and that's a first for me, as it usually takes many, many deaths before I get the hang of it. I will say that some of the game modes are a little confusing, and I don't really understand how the point system works (how people get 1400 points and i get 100, I'll never figure out).

Boogat

Captain N said:
Ny word on when or if we'll ever get to create multiple characters?
You can't. The only option you have at switching PMC's on your main account is to either switch when you reach lvl 60, or completely delete your character. Your only other option would be to create an alt. PSN account.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Captain N said:
Ny word on when or if we'll ever get to create multiple characters?
You cant...but the aspect of logging into your character first makes me wonder if DLC in the future will open up multiple characters.

Top Bottom