• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MAG: Your PMC needs you!

KZObsessed

Facism said:
sick burn

I'm still reeling from it!

-1 for Cagen as clan leader.

it's from 30 Rock, awesome show

TheFatOne said:
You know what screw you guys I'm going Valor.

PMC: Valor KINGS
GAF:TheFatOne aka The King aka The GAFe destroyer
PSN I.D. Lyulf
Time Zone EST

I AM WOUNDED

TheFallen

How many players are in SVER for the IGN tourney? and how many are usually on at all times? Curious, thinking about trashing my lvl 18 Raven character to defect for the remainder of the beta and try the darkside for now.

Valor! VALOR!!

GAF - Anerythrisitic PSN - Anerythristic EST

Listen, ValorGAF, do me a favor. If you were a member of ValorGAF and are staying Valor let me know, because I kept the list, I will simply resend clan invites on launch day and promote original Beta members.

I really don't want to insult anybody but I will not be joining RAVEN, they are going to have a tough time of it and will, from what I've seen, always have to fight their heart out and grind out wins and SVER is for newbs and will probably get nerfed.

Cagen

I think you'll be having a hard time getting people on Valor if this thread is anything to go by. That being said, Lyulf is as good as 20 men so you might be alright.

The information in this post may be exaggerated.

Trevelyan said:
With so many people pledging Raven or SVER(such as myself), we should all just meet in the middle and go Valor. :lol

We had a managable group of like 10 in the beta, if we get enough for a couple of squads I will be happy.

Edit - It ldoesn't look like anybody that was on ValorGAF switched sides after looking at the PMC listing. I will have to send messages tonight and advise them to please list themselves on here.

depward

TheFallen said:
How many players are in SVER for the IGN tourney? and how many are usually on at all times? Curious, thinking about trashing my lvl 18 Raven character to defect for the remainder of the beta and try the darkside for now.
I'm in the Raven GAF clan for the IGN tourney and the reason why I haven't played a whole ton is that I don't want to overdo playing it before the retail release. I'll be on very frequently when retail hits for Raven.

Inanna

Not pure anymore!
Anerythristic said:
I really don't want to insult anybody but I will not be joining RAVEN, they are going to have a tough time of it and will, from what I've seen, always have to fight their heart out and grind out wins and SVER is for newbs and will probably get nerfed.
Were you in the closed beta? Raven dominated the first few betas, and used to do pretty well in Acquisition and Sabotage, even in Domination. Valor would always struggle a lot, especially in Acquisition and occasionally Sabotage. It's really easy to beat them in Acquisition once their bunkers are down. It's also very easy to travel between the two platoon's objectives (once the bunkers are down) using APC's compared to Raven and especially SVER maps. But that can be good for both attackers and defenders. Valor's Domination map is really good though.

Inanna Dan, we could really take this to the MAG beta thread.

I found this: Ravens Sab. map is better than Valors Sab. map for sure.

Domination Valor defending with equal teams Valors Dom. map is almost always better. In Dom. with a good Raven squad against Valor randoms they usually won by a damage victory.

With Raven Defending, I have personally been on four winning teams against obvious Raven randoms where Raven was defeated (objectives taken) in under 10 minutes. Equal teams where people seemed to know what they are doing on both teams were great on the Raven Dom. map and easily the most rewarding.

I can honestly say this if you what a rewarding experience you really can't go wrong with Raven or Valor, the only issue I have with SVER is they seem to be the new player team, with slightly unbalanced maps and weapon power, I even wonder if that will last?

ZZMitch

Is there any reason why most people are going SVER or Raven? I played Raven in the beta, but I kinda want to go with Valor... is Valor the weakest faction or something?

ZZMitch said:
Is there any reason why most people are going SVER or Raven? I played Raven in the beta, but I kinda want to go with Valor... is Valor the weakest faction or something?

They really, really are not.

IMO RAVEN and VALOR seem to be the best teams for balance, teamwork and slogging it out. The best battles I have had are RAVEN/VALOR Domination.

KilgoreTrout said:
Just came in here to say Valor is for pussies.

RAVEN looks like Halo cosplayers.

Edit - This goes for all players. When you are facing Raven imagine you are tearing through Halo cosplayers screaming pew-pew-pew at you with their nerf guns and super soakers, it makes for an easy victory

Zipper's probably gonna change Valor balance once their forums get stormed by angry VALOR people who can't understand why they lose so much.

Zipper's gonna answer by calling Valor "h4rdc0re faction". Valor people are gonna feel awesome once again until they log into Shadow War the next day and lose again.

Inanna

Not pure anymore!
Anerythristic said:
They really, really are not.

IMO RAVEN and VALOR seem to be the best teams for balance, teamwork and slogging it out. The best battles I have had are RAVEN/VALOR Domination.
I agree.

Valor has the weakest Sab map and Raven has the weakest Dom map. SVER...well, you all know how I feel about them. :p

I wouldn't have any problem going for Valor, it's just that they look like they have stinky armpits, plus they wear sleeveless armour! So unprofessional. I love their medium armour (green and blue one). SVER...lol, their company is worth billions, yet they look like hobos and their guns look like they're covered in shit...where does all that money go?

I'm seriously disappointed with GAFe, choosing an easy way out by going SVER...I was almost certain they'd go Valor. tsk tsk tsk, shame GAFe, shame. I thought you guys were badass*! I'm no longer a part of GAFe. FoxGirl quits GAFe for GOOD.

Badass-ness isn't about looks/uniform*

Inanna

Not pure anymore!
Anerythristic said:
Inanna Dan, if for any reason you want to join ValorGAF simply let me know.
I might do that once I max out my Raven character, and get bored of playing from Raven's perspective. I'd be going back to Raven once I get Valor trophy though. :p Would love to join as a temporary member of Valor GAF.

It'd be hard going SVER for the trophy. Well, I'm not really a huge trophy whore so... :D

slider

I'm keen too.

I suck at gaming really and this won't be helped by the fact that I'm travelling on launch day. Won't be online until mid feb probably unless I manipulate someone into letting me use their PS3 before then.

Given that I suck I should try to go with the strongest clan. But funk that.

PMC: Valor
Gaf Name: slider (duh)
PSN: hank_scorpio
Timezone: EST

Is the beta ongoing? If it is I might dabble just to get myself up to speed.

slider

^ Ahh, ok. Thanks. I'll just stick to reading [url="http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/MAG/Newbies-Guide-for-MAG-New-players-please-read/m-p/91345102]here[/url]. Probably out of date but it's a start.

TheFallen

Switch me to SVER. Getting used to the bunch over there in the IGN tourney. But still will change depending on the majority of GAF.

MightyKAC

PMC: Raven
PSN: Incoggnit0
JST

Noshino said:
Raven!

PSN: NoshinoRO
EST, usually free from 6pm til 2 am or so

Im leaving on march to the boot camp (navy) so I ll be inactive from march 15 til june/july

Good Luck Recuit.

:)

Cagen

polyh3dron said:
Hey Cagen, my PSN name is Polyhedron, can you fix that on the roster please?
Fixed, sorry about that. Editing on my phone from work is not such a good idea heh.

sk3tch

TheFallen said:
Switch me to SVER. Getting used to the bunch over there in the IGN tourney. But still will change depending on the majority of GAF.

I should have a mic in a couple days. Will make things a bit more fun when playing with me...heh.

Gekko87

PMC - Raven
GAF - Gekko87
PSN - Gekko87
Time - EST

Don't expect me to be hardcore about this but I will fight for the honor of RavenGaf when needed!

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I guess put me in Raven, though it's subject to change once I actually play the game

Raven
PSN: LonestarGA
GAF: Lonestar
CST

Dellrizla

Cheers my man! Ahhh, feels so damn good to finally post with my own username.

Also, I may be starting up the Raven-GAF elite clan if I get there first, but if anyone gets there before me (Most likely, as the UK gets the bollocking game last once again) go for it and reserve a place for yours truly.

Also, us juniors stole your search! Har har!

shock33

Played Valor in closed and open, but I hate the way they look, so Raven all the way!

PMC - Raven
GAF - shock33
PSN - shock33
Time - GMT

Inanna

Not pure anymore!
Dellrizla said:
Cheers my man! Ahhh, feels so damn good to finally post with my own username.

Also, I may be starting up the Raven-GAF elite clan if I get there first, but if anyone gets there before me (Most likely, as the UK gets the bollocking game last once again) go for it and reserve a place for yours truly.

Also, us juniors stole your search! Har har!
BagK was also approved and he'd be joining Raven too. :D Raven GAF is going to DOMINATE!

TheFallen

SVER could use more players. We're pretty close and could use more awesome and active players. Several of us play often and we intend on staying for quite a while. C'mon who wouldn't want to be teamed up with sniper extraordinaire J-Rzez and our own Rambo, Click?

Inanna

Not pure anymore!
TheFallen said:
SVER could use more players. We're pretty close and could use more awesome and active players. Several of us play often and we intend on staying for quite a while. C'mon who wouldn't want to be teamed up with sniper extraordinaire J-Rzez and our own Rambo, Click?
Traitor!

Raven isn't going to beg for more players.

We already have the most awesomest active players, including Dellrizla(I'm not biased!), Ian, Kowak, Wes, Noshino, Bajan, Kamari and everyone else (in the list that I haven't played with yet). We'll welcome anyone that wants to join us...except for traitors! :p

Top Bottom